Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Mr.& Mrs. Jones

It was a rainy morning...I awoke to thunder and lightening...It was a morning, I didn't want to get up...It was a morning I wished I could sleep in...but alas..I couldn't...Two days had passed...I had an important hearing to prepare for...I looked at the clock...it was 4:30 am..I still had some time to sleep...

My wife ,Carlotta was lying next to me, sleeping soundly...I hadn't heard her come in last night...She and Tyriq ,Jimmy,Duke and Hazel had been working this double murder hard...The rule usually was that if you didn't get a break in the first 48 hours...your case could easily go cold...But not with these five people...They kept it hot on the streets...

I leaned over and kissed Carlotta on the cheek softly....She awoke, smiled at me sweetly and motioned for me to come closer...I leaned in closer and she put her arms around my neck and kissed me slowly, softly, sensuously...

I was mildly surprised...she felt my erection, which she knew grew and hardened at just the thought of having her sexually...She smiled and kissed me again...

 We kissed passionately like that for a good while...
I rolled over on top of her...I eased her nightie up and slipped her panties down. and slipped my pajama bottoms down...

I entered her slowly....

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu papi, you feel so gooood ,Aye Mios Dios...." she moaned..

"I love it when you speak spanish!" I said, continuing to move in and out of her warm center....

"Oh you love it when I speak anything." she said....

 This is trueeeeeeeeeeeeeee...so damn trueeeeeeee ..ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." I moaned as we continued to make sweet love...

We made love furiously like that for another hour and then we both climaxed mightily and collapsed in each others arms...both of us breathless...

"Babes...we only got another hour to sleep before we have to get up." I said.

"It was worth it..." she said..

"Damn sure was.." I said..

We both laughed and she cuddled up under me and went back to sleep.

II-


I was in court most of the morning...When my hearing was finished...I got a text message from Carlotta to meet her and the gang at Chinese Bob's for lunch....I quickly drove there....

There I found Sissy,Carlotta,Jimmy,Duke and Tyriq and Dr. Hazel Hunter who were waiting for hot food and talking about the case while they waited...I was eager to know what they had dug up..

"Well Jimmy and I spent an entire day interviewing the entire hospital staff..Any and everybody that crossed paths with the doc...and nobody had an unkind word to say about him...He had been working there for close to six years.." said Carlotta.
"We even interviewed a lot of his present and former patients...They loved him..." said Jimmy...

"I went to the law firm and interviewed all of the Missus's fellow lawyers, para-legals and present and former clients...Same thing...Not a bad word to say about her...No scandals...No known dirty dealings...Nothin.."said Tyriq..

"I spent two days interviewing the family and close personal friends of both victims...No one had anything bad to say about either of them and Top,Rico and Jimmy cross checked all of their alibis and everybody checked out." said Duke...

"But this doesn't look like a random street shooting and it wasn't a robbery..Nothing was taken...The shooter didn't touch the car..We found no fingerprints on the car that didn't belong there." said Sissy.

"This is crazy...Jimmy,Rico and I checked all of their bank accounts and credit cards...Nothing out of the ordinary...No signs of debt...In fact, both were doing pretty good.." said Carlotta..

"Either of them have a life insurance policy on them?" I asked.

"Neither one." said Carlotta...

"Damn...We got ourselves a who done it!" said Tyriq.

A "Who Done It?" was detective slang for a random meaningless murder with seemingly no rhyme or reason that went cold...So far we didn't have any of those this year...but last year we had about six unsolved cases like that.
"I hate who done it's..?" said Jimmy.

"He shot them with a .38 smokeless...We found about eight shells at the scene..and recovered two a piece from the bodies....Which tells me this was a rage crime.." said Hazel..

"It was definitely personal...But you guys say you can't find anybody in either of their lives that would carry a grudge? Maybe it's a spurned lover or something...Re-interview your sources again...Maybe they forgot something." said Sissy.
Then our food arrived...

We all stopped talking shop and ate...I loved the camraderie of this group...I felt special just being able to sit in with the detectives...Most detectives and ADA's didn't have the close relationships I had with Sissy, Carlotta,Duke,Tyriq,Jimmy and Dr. Hunter.

III-

So while my wife, Detective Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace and Detectives, Tyriq Pile, James Barlow and Edwin "Duke " Baylor dug back into their baffling double homicide...I was surprised to get another text from Sissy asking me if I didn't mind coming with her to a crime scene??

Sissy drove by the courthouse to pick me up...Only Dr. Hazel Hunter was in the car with her...

"Keith you're not going to believe this...We've got another double homicide...In West Philly this time..Halfway across the city from Chica's case..Same M.O." she said.

''What...Who's working this case?" I asked.

"Hop and Sirena." she said.

When we pulled up on the scene... We found yet another car ,parked on a side street...the man was in the back seat in only his boxers and socks....the woman was clad in only a bra and panties and was lying a few feet from the car..He had about four or five gunshot wounds...in his back and his head...she had three in her back , one in her left leg and one in her chest....This scene was bloodier and more violent...

Detective Sirena Pile had on latex gloves and was looking at the body of the man, while Detective Tony Hopkins also had on latex gloves and he and a uniform officer was looking at the body of the woman...

Several crime scene photographers were photographing the scene....Several uniformed officers were controling the crowd and collecting shell casings...


Dr. Hazel Hunter observed the bodies...

''Same M.O. Sissy....38 shells...Fired at close range..." said Hazel...

"Lou..The victims names are Barrett and Norma Jones...They've been married for twelve years, they just recently renewed their vows..." she said.

''And let me guess, they pulled around here on this side street to celebrate right?" asked Sissy..

I couldn't help but smile...She gave me a side eye and tried to hold back a smile herself..

"He's a mailman...works for the Post Office and She's a school teacher...Teaches Special Ed students. Witnesses say a man in a tan jacket and a hoodie rolled up on em, shot em and then vanished into the night..We tracked the footprints to the corner..Then nothing." said Hop...

"Why were they parked on this corner?" asked Sissy..

''Because it's away from everything...There are no occupied houses...They could have a little privacy."said Sirena.

Hop and Hazel smiled and looked at Sirena with side eyes....I knew exactly what she meant...I didn't crack a smile.

"I'm just sayin..it's a theory." said Sirena, blushing..."What? Why are you all looking at me like that?" she said blushing....There was something at once so cute about her when she blushed...I definitely could see Tyriq or any man's attraction to her.
"Who's the primary?" I asked.

''I am." said Sirena..

"Carlotta and your husband and Jimmy and Duke have a simular case...same M.O. They caught it up in Kensington a few days ago.." I said.

"Yeah, I read the dailies and I was talking to Carlotta yesterday about her case...and here we got one just like it..." said Hop.

Sissy looked at me...

"You think this could be the same person?"

"It could be..but then again...it could be a copycat...Carlotta's case is all over the newspapers...And this one was way more violent..."I said.

"Sirena..You and Hop take it through the normal channels first and then come meet up with me." said Sissy.

"We're on it lou." she said...

"Just what I need..another damn serial killer.." said Sissy.

"Remember in the early days of the unit how when we had a big case like this...everybody would pack bags and stay with each other?" I laughed...

"Yeah...Now you and chica are married..Tyriq and Sirena are married...Duke and Hazel are engaged and live together.....Hop and Sharon are engaged and they live together... I don't know what Jimmy will do..He practically lives over Angie's house now...He stays for two weeks and then she stays with him at his apartment for two weeks..." she said with a smile..

"That brings back memories...So ..You inviting Eddie C. over?" I laughed..

"He's been over my place since Saturday..." she said.

I patted Sissy on the back...

"We are going to be alright." I said.

I usually had a feeling of dread....For some reason...Tonight ,I didn't...I really felt like we'd really be alright.

(TO BE CONTINUED...)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this one...Standing and Applauding and throwing my panties up in the sky!