Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Fool For A Client

I passed a tumbler of coffee to my wife, Attorney Olivia Bennett-Alexander....She was sitting across from a middle aged white man who was wearing a leather jacket..He had a gray sweat shirt on underneath and jeans.....He looked like a fading wise guy....

"State your name sir." said Olivia...

"Wow! You don't know who I am? I bet your husband knows......Heh Heh....I'm Frankie Giovanni..Frankie G..  " he said.

"Okay...and you used to be a referee...right?" asked Olivia..

" Yeah...I reffed everything, Baseball,Basketball ,Football ,College sports and High school sports.."said Frankie  G.

"And you also took bets on the games right?" said Olivia...

"I took one bet Mrs. Alexander...One bet...I had a big bet on a Football game I was reffin...And Elizabeth Mercy took it and ran with it...Check my records...I had a spotless record..A sterling record all of my career...I stepped over the line once...And I just happened to be the one who got caught.. I got caught....I wasn't mobbed up...It was just me and some friends...A one time deal....She had me and my lawyer on her show and she made me look like I was Arnold Rothstein or something...Her show definitely turned public opinion against me.." he said.

"You were convicted and did 15 months in Federal Prison right?" said her niece...Attorney Beverly West...

His face shrugged a bit....

"Yeah..I was convicted of Wire fraud and interstate gambling....I was fired and I just completed a 15 month bid...I got out on Valentines Day this year....I lost my job...I can never ref a game anymore, My girlfriend split...I lost everything.." He said.

"But you were in fact guilty of sports betting correct?" asked Olivia...

"Yeah...but just of placing that one bet...You got tapes...Look at the tapes of me on her show...She accused me of being mobbed up...She accused me indirectly of running a gambling ring...My lawyer and ADA Rios...
and even Judge Juanita Corley told her that she was making false statements on her show about my case...but she kept on airing the same story and making the same false claims...
"And Judge Corley is the one who sent me to prison...Even she had a problem with Betty Mercy's high ended grandstanding..." he said.

"You could have sued Betty Mercy" said Olivia..

"Lady are you kidding me? Her...Betty Mercy....She's never lost a case...I would've been inviting more media scrutiny....I just wanted it all to go away..." he said.

"When I bring her to court will you testify?" asked Olivia..

"I certainly will...I want nothing but pain for that ...that ..that woman....I wish you well...I admire your spunk....Most lawyers around this town try to avoid her.." he said.

"You don't know my wife..."I laughed...Olivia looked at me and for the first time today..She smiled...

Olivia gave him her card.....

"I'll keep in touch." he said..

"Thank you Mr. Giovanni.." she said.

"Please...Frankie G." he said , and stood up and walked out....
Our office manager,Josie Boyd  looked at Olivia and Beverly....

"You know you guys are my heroes...You're taking on Betty Mercy....You gonna go on her show?" she asked..

"You couldn't pay me to go on that show and get ambushed...No wayyyyy." said Olivia..

"Well I might go on there for money..."laughed Beverly....

II-
I had had a guy from Process service serve Elizabeth or "Betty" Mercy with a summons informing her that she was being sued for Three million dollars by Celeste Tate on behalf of her late fiance for Slander and public humiliation....We also sued Crime Stoppers Inc. for the same thing...

They didn't want any trouble....They settled with Celeste, Olivia and Bev out of court for an undisclosed amount within a week of the suit...I heard Celeste got the one million we had asked for.


My wife's entire case was built on providing a precedent...Cases where Betty Mercy had humiliated several people with false statements  and trial by public opinion on her Television show that may have influenced their convictions...

I had located Frankie G....but I was having a hard time locating other people willing to talk...I did my due dilligence and studied all of the cases... A great deal of the people profiled on her show were indeed guilty and deserving of what happened to them....But there were times, Olivia showed me when Betty Mercy clearly went overboard and violated a number of legal statutes , leaked information that both the prosecution and the defense teams of some of these people protested...

The reason for this was that everybody wanted to be a star....Everybody was willing to give her a quip to be on her show and everybody was afraid of her acid tongue...I watched a few of her shows and I wouldn't want to be on her bad side myself..


III-
You can imagine our shock and surprise when a Black Limo drove up in front of our office....

None other than Betty Mercy herself !! ,her driver and another man got out and walked inside of our office....

Josie was awe struck....
"Uh...Uh...You...You're Betty Mercy..." she said...

"Yes..and you are?" she said laughing..

"I'm Josie Boyd...I'm the office manager here.." she said.

Betty Mercy smiled.....She was an attractive woman, just about a year or two older than Olivia and Me...Blonde hair...Nice body....


''Well Ms. Josie Boyd....I'd like to speak to your employer Please." she said.

"Do-Do you have an appointment mam?" asked Josie...

Betty Mercy smiled snidely and said-

"I don't need an appointment...Especially since your boss is representing the woman who is suing me." she said...

 "Actually you do need an appointment, but in this case...I'll make an exception."said my wife Olivia ,who appeared at the doorway...

Betty Mercy smiled...


"Wellllll..At last we actually meet...Mrs. Olivia Bennett-Alexander....I remember you when you were a Public Defender...I've always admired you tenaciousness , your attention to detail and your overall brilliance..You would have made a great ADA or Prosecutor, but you decided you wanted to make some real money." she said.

"Indeed, just like yourself." said Olivia...

"Yes...Just like myself...You know...It's not everyday that someone sues me, Six months after the fact of the death of a slimeball....In fact...I don't believe anybody has ever sued me..." she laughed...



"First time for everything." said Olivia cooly.. She was talking to a woman who made opposing attorneys shake in their boots.

"You do know that I have never lost a case?" she said..

"Like I said...First time for everything..." said Olivia..

"You're not frightened or intimidated...I like that...I'm going to enjoy taking you on in court..." she said.

"Please don't tell me you plan to represent yourself....Even you know what they say about a lawyer who represents herself.."said Olivia..

"Yes...That they have a fool for a client...But I'm no average lawyer....I've never lost a case.." she said.
"Not in court and certainly not on Television." said Beverly, who now appeared in the doorway..

Betty Mercy looked at Beverly and smiled a condescending smile...


"You know, children should be seen and not heard...Aren't you the little niece?  You used to be a Public Defender too....I remember you....I see you've moved up in the world...Private Practice with your auntie...But neither of you ladies are in my league...." she remarked...

Finally, I could take no more of this...

"Do you have some business here?  If not...I suggest you leave...You know you're  not supposed to be here otherwise." I said.

She looked me up and down and smiled salaciously...


"Ummmph...Girl..I have to hand it to you....You won big in the husband department..If it wasn't for the fact that your client is suing me...I'd high five you...You Know Mr. Alexander...I covered you on my show...I remember when you cracked that corruption case in New Orleans, back when you were a Homicide Detective...That must have been something...turning in your brother police officers for murder and corruption....Took a lot of guts....and then getting your father off of a murder rap a year later...You're a hell of an investigator...Mrs. Olivia Bennett is lucky to have you on her team...Oh and Beverly...Say hello to your mother for me when you see her." she said and walked out with her Driver and the unidentified man..

After they left...I turned to Olivia and Bev..
"Look...She was just trying to rattle you, Intimidate you...She did her homework...She ran makes on us...That's what she's supposed to do...Pay no attention to that ladies.."I said.

Olivia hugged me....

"Oh Donnie Ray...I know that....She's fishing for some dirt...She's going to try to discredit us..That's what I would do if I was her....She won't find out anything on me.." said Olivia..

"She saw my mom....What about my dad and his womanizing?  What about those nude photos of me?" she asked...

I turned and looked at Bev and smiled wryly...


"Nude photos?" I said smiling..

"A long time ago...My little niece trusted a guy who betrayed her....but Kevin Morris took care of it...There are no nude photos in existence and the guy who took them was killed in an unrelated case earlier this year..." said Olivia...


"The best thing to do is make sure there is nothing ..and I mean nothing in your past that can be used....You know how this woman works...If she can find one little thing to exploit...She'll use it and blow it up...I'm going to look into Celeste also... But not only us...I'm still looking into the good lawyer, Elizabeth Mercy."I said.


Olivia gave me a wet sloppy kiss right in front of Beverly and Josie...If I wasn't so dark..I would've blushed....

"I'm not worried.." she said...

"Don't be... " I said...

I held her in my arms...I knew a storm was coming...


IV-
I began to take a look into Betty Mercy's life...

She was born Elizabeth Patrice Mercy....Her Father was a well known Attorney and her mother was a teacher.....She grew up in relative middle class oppulence in the city suburbs...Attending suburban public schools and graduated from Drexel University with an Engineering degree...She got engaged to a man named Jonathan Bonner..Also a Drexel Grad and Engineering graduate...They bought a loft in downtown Philadelphia...

They were there for six months...She was pregnant with their first child...Their wedding was within a few weeks , when he was killed ....Hit with a shotgun blast during a bank hold up... The crew was rounded up and all sentenced to life ...

Elizabeth Mercy miscarried during the trial.....The stress of it all...But something changed in her...She went back to college....Penn.....Got her law degree....and entered the Public Defender's office and then switched over to the D.A.'s team...She quickly became a top notch prosecutor and eventually wound up becoming a top notch Assistant District Attorney ,specializing in Homicide...She prosecuted over 100 cases...Winning a conviction in every single one and sending 20 people to death row!

Pretty impressive.....Then came the case of Haywood Coley Jr.  , the serial killer...Asked to be a consultant to a local Television station covering the case and his trial, she became a media sensation...Soon the local news people began coming to her whenever a sensational case came up...

She eventually left the D.A.'s office and wound up with a Television show of her own...The first one was Brendon and Elizabeth in which she and our good friend, U.S. Attorney Brendan Burnside debated the controversial cases of the day....

This show was pretty good...I watched the old tapes..very informative.....Then when U.S. Attorney Brendon Burnside left the show to get back to his serious business..She got her own show..HARD BOTTOM...a tabloid circus of a show...She had three ex-lawyers on the show who echoed her every word, her every sentiment and who yelled down every host on her show...And she went from being a serious attorney to no more than a carnival barker...The show was terrible and had very little to do with the law...and more to do with showmanship...ratings..

V-
By the time I returned to our office/home...Olivia was the only one in the office...

"Hey.." I said.


"Hey yourself...What's up?" she asked..

"Out doing a little investigating...You know that's what I do....How are you?  You alright?"I asked.


"I'm good...for now...I'm putting together Celeste's case..." she said.

"She got a million dollars from the Crime Stoppers people....Does she really need to go after Betty Mercy?  I mean...This could wind up bad for everybody involved.."I said.

"I know..I felt the same way...but after she came here today and tried to intimidate us...Now I want to go after her..."said Olivia..

"Livy...Don't make this personal....You're the smartest and most pragmatic person I know...You'd tell Beverly or me the same thing if it was us.."I said.

"I know..but we are in it now...Celeste doesn't want to back down...She's my client now..and she's my friend...I'm going to do what's best for her..." she said..

"Okay...then we go..." I said.

"Where is Bev?" I asked..

"She went over Nelson's house...and Josie was done for the day..She went home..."said Olivia..

I smiled at her salaciously....

"Hmm..Let's go in the kitchen...I uh need some Hot Chocolate..." I said.

She looked at me...

"Hot Chocolate huh?''Nestles or Me?"she asked coyly...

I smiled...

I unbuckled her pants and ran my hands down inside her pants and squeezed her buttocks...and rubbed her legs....

"What do you think?" I said...

"Ouuuuuuu...Let's go upstairs." she said ,rubbing her index finger across my lips..

"Bev and Josie are gone for the day."I said...


"Well Lock the door behind you and turn the lights out in the office." she said.


"I already locked the door..nobody will see us back in the kitchen." I said.

We kissed some more in the foyer... I turned the lights out and lifted Olivia gently up on the sink and continued to kiss her...I slipped her pants down,she kicked off her high heels...and soon...I slipped her panties off...

"Ouuuu, you are soo naughty.." she said in between kisses.

She unzippered my trousers slightly...and fondled me softly...

"Ouuuuu.."I moaned...I opened her blouse and slowly removed her bra...

 I turned the lights out and lifted Olivia gently up on the sink in the kitchen and continued to kiss her...as I slowly entered her...moving slowly in and out of her as she put both arms around my neck and continued kissing me..

"Ummmmmm...ohhhhhhh you feel good .." I moaned...

"Ouuuu, you are soo naughty.....I feel so undressed" she said in between kisses.

I continued to move in and out of her soft and moist center...practically losing my mind...it was so good..
She continued to kiss me slowly and sensuously and moan softly....

At some point we would have stopped and walked upstairs to our room...but I couldn't stop...I kept kissing her and she kept kissing me... and I kept moving inside and out of her...

"Ouuuuuuu, you ready to go upstairs now?" she asked me in between wet sloppy kisses and more stroking....

"Ohhhhhh..If I could bring myself to stop." I said.

She kept kissing me...

"I know....I can't stop myself.." she said as we continued making sweet love right there in the kitchen area..

 We listened...We heard nothing....I smiled... We started kissing again...She fondled me softly some more...I was going bananas.....I not surprisingly felt myself getting more and more excited...and began to move slowly inside and out of her....An hour and a half went by...more kissing, more sweet lovemaking in the kitchen area...Olivia moaned softly and blew into my ear in between sweet and soft kisses....

I couldn't stop...I kept kissing her and she kept kissing me... and I kept moving inside and out of her...Another hour went by....

I wondered if Bev and Nelson had ever made love in this kitchen when we weren't around...

Olivia began to shake and gyrate and more tears began to stream down her face....

"Ouuuuuuuuu,Oh my goodness Donnie Ray ...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh goood lawd!"she moaned..

  She felt as though she was climaxing several times....then in a huge wave...she whispered in my ear...

''Oh My god...I'm cumming.....Thank you soo much...I needed this...I love you sooo much baby." she said..

"I love you too baby.."I said....

This was all I needed....I exploded with wild abandon...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." I screamed....Olivia put her hand over my mouth...

 Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ...ohhhhhhh my God....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.." she moaned silently...shaking....and breathing heavily....

I pulled my trousers up and fixed my clothes...Olivia put her panties back on as well as her bra and fixed her blouse and her pants and slipped back into her heels..Her hair was going in every which way....

"Wowzers..I feel so..so ...badddd..." she said Laughing...

"Bad is good baby...." I said laughing...

We had to be bad to take on this particular woman....Betty Mercy.

"Oh it is..." she said as I took her hand and quietly led her up the stairs to our floor...By the time we got to our floor and undressed...I was ready for round two...

We stood in the doorway, kissing some more....

"Donnie Ray..We aren't going to make it inside are we?" she asked in between kisses.

''Eventually..." I said..

Betty Mercy was the farthest thing from either of our minds at the time.

(TO BE CONTINUED)



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES!

Turned Up said...

That last scene got me a little warm~!

Rita said...

Great story so far....That last scene reminded me of that man the other night...He took me in my kitchen and then in the bedroom!
I am sooo through!

James Perkins said...

LMBAO at these three comments...Keith you are really attracting some crazy commentors..

Toni said...

Good Storyline as usual Keith...You've tackled the Cosby mess and Nancy Grace in youjr last two outings with these guys..This is why I like these guys the best.

Angie B. said...

I'm loving both of these two ripped from the headlines storylines you've been doing with Olivia,Bev and Donnie Ray.

Sunflower said...

Good Storyline..Very relavent and I see how you're making a statement about the state of today's internet influenced media..Great story Keith!

Lisa said...

This Betty Mercy charactor is pretty arrogant and cocky..I'm going to love to see Olivia and Bev take her down a notch!

Halo said...

I love the story and I love the love between Liv and D.R. They're obviously very crazy about each other..Love Black Love.

Vanessa said...

I must admit you are really uping the ante with these Olivia cases...I'm loving it...

Grover Tha Playboy said...

I love the way even when you are dealing with serious subject matter you manage to inject a little hbumor in the mix..
"Hard Bottom"-LOL!

Yvonne Anderson said...

Those love scenes between Donnie Ray and Olivia have made me blush and I must admit..I'm a little warm myself right now..

Rita said...

That last scene had me calling the man I was with from the night before...He came by my house and I greeted him at the door, nude..and well you know the rest....Soo gone!

Cheryl said...

@Rita-T.M.I.LOL!

Swaggie said...

Ohhh boy!