Monday, December 8, 2014

Like A Hole In The Head



An unseasonably warm December morning....I pulled up to the scene in Ferko Playground in the Juniata Park section of the city and walked past a throng of policemen, CSI personell and Crime scene photographers...

I am Assistant District Attorney Keith Wallace ...I prosecute homicides...You might say that I'm drawn to murder for some reason....I'm interested in putting murderers away...Protecting the innocent and the living...and did I mention..I'm married to a very sexy homicide detective ,who I'd been obsessed with for years until we finally got together and got married..I do almost anything to be near her even now after a year of marriage..She called me out here today to this scene...

I see her and one of her partners...Detective Tyriq Pile kneeling over the body of a white male, early 40's with a neat bullet hole in his forehead....lying on the grass...Beside them is our Forensic Investigator, Dr. Hazel Hunter-Baylor..

Carlotta gives me a wet ,sloppy kiss as I approach the scene....and bend down to look at the body...

"Hi Honey Bunny..."She says... "His name is Karl Mcintosh...He's an insurance investigator...Works for the Cyclops Insurance company..." she said...

"He was on the job at one time Keith...A pretty damn good detective as I recall...He was a detective back when Duke,Angie and I were still patrolmen...."said Tyriq Pile..."I hadn't seen him in years.." he said.

I saw a spilled cup of coffee beside him...

"What was he doing out here?" I asked..

Their other partner, Detective James Barlow walked up....He had three uniform policemen with him..
"Nobody seems to know...We identified him by his drivers license in his wallet....Whoever shot him didn't rob him..we found his wallet intact...money, credit cards, drivers license, the whole nine yards."  he said.

"Whoa...Welcome back Jimmy....First time I've seen you since you and Ang left for your honeymoon.." I said.

"Nothin like a fresh homicide to get you back in practice." he joked.

"He was hit at close range with a .38 slug...Body temp and lividity says he was killed about two hours ago.." said Hazel who looked down at the ground....Carlotta and Tyriq found pieces of cloth...

"This is cloth from a backpack or something...The kind kids use when they go to school.." said Carlotta...
"Which Means this was used to muffle the sound of the shot....That explains why nobody heard anything..."said Tyriq...

"There are no cameras in the park...and it was quiet this morning...This was a perfect spot for a murder.." said Carlotta..

"I got uniforms casing the surround neighborhoods and trash cans......I got some checking traffic cams, ATM cams and crime stopper cams too..We might get something."said Jimmy..

Someone tapped me on the shoulder...It was a soft hand...and a beautiful soft fragrance that I recognized...I turned and saw Lt. Sissy Van Buren...Now Clarke...also back from her honeymoon..

"Hello Counselor." she said with that sexy smoky voice of hers...

"Siss...Heyyy baby,,you're back...So what do I call you now..Lt. Clarke or are you still Van Buren?" I said hugging my good friend..

"Call me whatever makes you comfortable...I haven't changed my Social Security or Drivers License yet so it's still Van Buren for awhile.."said Sissy...

"Tyriq tells me our vic used to be a Detective..."I said.

"Yes...A damn good one too....He was a detective around the time I first became one ...He taught me a lot..."she said.

"Siss...It looks like he was investigating something...Maybe he was on to something...Meeting somebody here and it didn't go right." said Tyriq.

"Maybe we ought to head over to the Cyclops Insurance Agency and find out." said Carlotta...

"Good idea...Release the body." said Tyriq...

Carlotta walked over to me and gave me a nice long and sensuous kiss...

"You coming with honey bunny...?" she asked..

She had gotten me aroused a bit...but I couldn't come with her today...

"Bad as I want to sweetie I can't...I got a court apearence in a couple of hours.." I said.

Carlotta gave me a fake yet sexy pout...
"Okayyy...I'll see you this afternoon..." she said...

"I wouldn't miss that.." I said. She winked at me and then left with Tyriq and Jimmy..

II-
I went to my court appointment....As I was coming out...I got a call from Sissy...She asked me to meet her at an apartment complex that was just a few blocks from My wife's murder scene this morning...It was rare that I got called in for two murders in one day....But never the less...I got in my SUV and headed to the address...

It was a regular crime scene....Police held the crowd back, a young cop lead me up the stairs and into an apartment that smelled like sudden death....The normal smell of decomposing flesh...

"Hi Again Hazel...We are keeping you busy today aren't we?" I said as Forensic Investigator Hazel Henter was kneeling down looking at the body of a young white woman...who was lying on the floor by her bed in only panties and bra...with a neat hole in her forehead...and blood running down the side of her body...

"Oh My god...Looks like she was hit with the same type of slug your wife's victim was hit with....and lividity and body temp says that she's been dead close to six or seven hours...a little before the first person we saw in the park today..."she said...
"Hey Keith...Fancy meeting you here.."joked Lt.Sissy Van Buren...I smiled at her.

 Detective Sirena Pile, Tyriq's wife walked in and looked at the body...


"Her name is Helen Troy....She's an Insurance Investigator....Cyclops Insurance agency..."said Sirena...

"Carlotta ,Tyriq and Jimmy's victim this morning is an insurance investigator with the same firm.."said Sissy..

"That can't be a co-incidence."said Detective Antonio Hopkins...Sirena's partner..."I got uniforms canvassing the neighborhood and checking ATM cams, Traffic cams and Crime Stopper cams.."he said.

"Any next of Kin?" asked Sissy...

"She wasn't married...Didn't have any kids...But she does have a sister who lives a few blocks from here...Hop and I are going to check her out..."said Sirena...

"We need to go over to the Cyclops Insurance agency...find out if she was investigating anything.."said Hop...

"Rico,Carlotta and Jimmy are already over there ...Their victim ,this morning was also an investigator from that agency...

"Whoever killed her was looking for something......I just checked her laptop and her tablet..Both were stripped...and it looks like they rumaged through her things...CSI is looking for fingerprints and possibly DNA.."said Hop...

"Okay, co-ordinate with Tyriq,Jimmy and Carlotta...Looks like you all may be looking for the same killer...I'll see you back at the office."said Sissy as we all dispersed...


III-


We  all met back at C.I.D. headquarters..  It was the first time we had all been together as a group in a few weeks...Most of Carlotta,Jimmy and Tyriq's cases had been routine....Same with Sirena and Hop..Nothing major..Nothing that entailed a group effort...It was nice to see all the guys back working together...

The detectives gathered ....Detective Edwin "Duke" Baylor and FBI SAC, Sharon Hopkins greeted us as we all returned...

"Hey guys...I heard you guys caught a murder in Ferko Park." said Duke..

"Yeah ,an insurance investigator....used to be a cop...Mcintosh..remember him?"said Tyriq..

"I sure do...I was just talkin to him about a few weeks ago...He told me he was on to somethin...somethin big...an insurance fraud case...and that his informant had been killed...I got crime scene photos here...Look..I've been workin that case for about a week...Nice neat hole in the forehead..." He said.

"Just like ours...look at the crime scene photo..."said Carlotta...

"Oh My god....38 slug?" said Duke...

"Yeah man..probably used a silencer or a back pack or something..to muffle the sound."said Jimmy..

"Same thing...I found a blue fabric on the ground near him...the kind used on back packs..that the kids carry their books in."said Duke..

"Ouuu,so did we.."said Carlotta..

"So did Hop and me..."said Sirena showing Duke the crime scene photos...

"We talked to our victims next of kin and friends and relatives...They were no help....They said that Helen Troy never talked about her work..."said Hop...

"Helen Troy? That was your victim?"said Duke looking closer at the crime scene photos...

"Yeah?"said Sirena..."You know her?" she asked.

"That was Mcintosh's girlfriend...She was also his partner...They were investigating something...something big...something that got them both killed, along with their informant.."said Duke..

"Me Top and Jimmy interviewed all of his fellow employees at the Cyclops insurance company and even they didn't know anything...We checked his financials...He seemed alright ..He wasn't in debt and we talked to his friends and relatives...Whatever this guy was into..it was a secret...Nobody knew a thing.."said Tyriq.

"And nobody saw or heard anything at either site?" asked Duke..

"Nothing at ours."said Sirena..

"We haven't heard anything.." said Carlotta..

"Hey guys...I think I got something.."said Sharon Farrell-Hopkins...

"Three cheers for the FBI.." said Jimmy,laughing..

"My playthings cost more money than yours." she joked...

Carlotta laughed and put her hand over her mouth!


 Sirena just shook her head in mock disbelief....


Duke looked at Tyriq...

"Leave it alone buddy..Way too easy.." he said smiling sheepishly...
"I know."joked Tyriq.

Sharon ignored the two of them...and continued..She had become great buddies with them in the short time she had been with us...They took her under their wing just like they had Carlotta...They both were looked at as their "little sisters"
''We triangulated the ATM cams, the crime stopper cams and traffic cams and pinpointed the times Hazel says your two murders occurred and look..We got somebody...This cool character right here."she said.

A white male, athletic build, about six foot ,two inches wearing jeans, a gray t-shirt, a black leather jacket and dark sunglasses ,with sandy blond hair is seen leaving Ferko Park...right after the time Karl Mcintosh was last seen alive...

"That's our boy"said Jimmy..

"Look..When we back the film footage up...There is your victim...Karl Mcintosh...buying coffee and a newspaper from that store.. There he is heading into the park...Now look..There is our boy...going into the park and he's got a blue back pack....Can't see what's under it.....but there he is leaving.....There he is using that payphone in the alley and there he is getting into that car...We got the license plate number...The car was reported stolen a week ago..."said Sharon..
Tyriq smiled and observed with awe the wonders of modern technology..
"Wow ,Good Pull Sharon.."said Tyriq..

"Yeah..Thank you baby."said Carlotta..

"Wait...Sirena..I got something for you and my hubby...watch the screen...look..."she said.
"Same guy....Blonde hair..Athletic build...Leather jacket...Sunglasses...Blue backpack..entering the building... Now there he is coming out...and making a phone call from that pay phone...and exiting in the same car..."she said..

"Wow..All we gotta do is find out who he is.."said Hop..

"Did that for you babe...We ran him through Facial Recognition...His name is Cedric "Sudden Death"Mayfield...He's ex-special forces...now a mercenary or killer for hire...A suspect in 12 unsolved murders in Seattle..Heavy duty and high priced... "Okay..you guys can thank me later.."she said.
"Sudden Death huh? That's a cool nickname for a hitman...I like it.Damn girl...Is anybody in your office right now?  I want an hour to uh Thank you properly."said Hop kissing Sharon and slyly rubbing her booty.

"Much as I'd love to do that hubby...I do have people in my office..We are working on another case...A federal one.."she said ,nearly blushing and removing his hand..
"But if I can take a rain check...I will certainly hook you up later tonight." she whispered in his ear.
He smiled sheepishly...

"Well thanks Sharon.." said Sirena...Observing the entire thing and smiling.

"No problem....I actually like you guys." she joked...

"Boss Lady will be happy to know that we have identified our shooter.."said Carlotta...

"By the way...Where is Siss?" I asked...

"This is her calling my cell now." said Duke...

"Duke..So glad I got you...My car broke down..Can you come and get me...I'm up by Erie Torresdale El Station...They already towed my car....I don't feel like riding the El and the Bus.."she said.

"I'm on my way Siss...Guess what..We may have identified our shooter...He's linked to my case as well as the others..."said Duke..

"Good...Good...Maybe we can put this one down quick.."she said.
"Yeah...I'm on my way...Sit tight Lou."said Duke.

Duke took off and as we began to disperse...I put my arms around Carlotta and pulled her into Sissy's office and closed the door..I pulled the shades down...The others were gone or leaving for the day...

I pulled Carlotta to me and began kissing her slowly and softly....

"Ouuuuuu Papi...We can't do this....Not in Boss Lady's office.." she cooed..

I kept kissing her...

She giggled...

"Why not?" I said in between kisses...

"Because Duke just went to get her...She'll be back shortly..."she laughed and then gave me a long sensuous kiss....

"I can get you off and myself off before she gets here..."I said in between more kisses....

''Ouuuuuuu.." she moaned...

I slipped her panties down and had my zipper down when Carlotta's phone began vibrating...

"Ohhhhhhhhh...don't answer that." I moaned...

"Ouuuuuuuu papi..I have to.." she said...

"No...Carlotta please...you've got me throbbing here...ohhhhh.."I moaned..

She kissed me softly ...

''I have to Papi...It could be important.."she said and picked it up.

"Hello.." said Carlotta...It was Sissy.

"Chica...We got a problem.." she said.

"Boss lady...Duke didn't get there yet?" asked Carlotta..

"Oh yes...he got here...and I think he saw your shooter...."she said.


"What?" said Carlotta...

"He followed him on to the El...I think there is a hostage situation.." she said.


Carlotta told me what Sissy had said...

I straightened out my clothes...Pulled my zipper up...She did likewise...slipped her panties up and straightened out her dress..We were both breathing heavily, but eventually we calmed down...

"I know this has been a fantasy of yours for some reason..but maybe...maybe ..one day..we'll make it come true."she said.

"Maybe?" I said.

"Maybe papi." she said.


"But not today!" I said.

"Not today papi..Duty calls." she said.

All of a sudden these two murders had taken on a life of their own...

(TO BE CONTINUED)





17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sex scene between Keith and Carlotta was a tease..I was about to throw my panties!

Rita said...

Why are your charactors always so sexed up? They're in the middle of two murder investigations and yet your protaganist, An Assistant District Attorney pulls a detective in an empty office for a sexual romp..Not realistic..People don't have sex like that or that much!

Toni said...

That was his wife Rita..Not some random female detective...And speak for yourself..Maybe you don't have sex like that!

Swaggie said...

HA! That's telling her!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

I may stop reading the story and just go to the comments section! LMBAO!

James Perkins said...

LOL! Me too Grove!

Angie B. said...

The crazyness started early today

Sunflower said...

Great storytelling Keith..This looks like another intriuging story...I however agree with Rita..The sex scene in this story was a bit much...They are in the middle of a double, possibly triple homicide.

Lisa said...

I've followed this series since it's inception...I have never understood what the big deal of screwing Carlotta in Sissy's office is for him..I wouldn't want to do that in my bosses office either.

Vanessa said...

Me neither Lisa..and knowing Sissy ,she would somehow know!

Rita said...

Nobody would...Which is my whole point...The stories can stand on their own without using sex as a filler.

Halo said...

Rita..When do you have sex? Or do you? I'm not trying to be funny..You just seem to have the same criticism day in and day out!

Swaggie said...

I'm glad somebody else is asking these questions...So she won't think I am picking on her or I am the only one that wants to ask her these questions.

Rita said...

For your information...I am celibate...I will stay that way until I meet a man who affirms me.

I have been celibate since 2009.

Cheryl said...

This explains so very much!

James Perkins said...

HA! LMBAO!

Brenda said...

Just shaking my head at the comments!