Saturday, February 14, 2015

Preggers

My wife Olivia stood on the street waiting for me as I ordered Hot Dogs from Jake's....Her girlfriend and fellow Attorney, Celeste Tate walked up just then...

"Livy ,look at you lookin all sexy..." said Celeste as she walked up and hugged Olivia..

"Heyy lady,Haven't seen you since around Christmas...How are things going for you? You workin? Still seeing Soloman?" asked Olivia..

"I am working...Found a job at a nice law firm downtown....And Soloman is why I'm here..By the way...Where is your hubby?" she asked.

Olivia pointed to me standing in line waiting to get served...

''He's in line."she said smiling at me.. I waved back..
"Heyyy Donnie Ray." she said smiling.

I smiled and waved back...

"That's a long line...Jake's Hot Dogs are just that good...You'd stand a better chance at night time...He must really love you Livy girl...Standing in that line for you."said Celeste..

Olivia smiled.
"He does..He really does...But you said you were here because of Soloman...Don't tell me he's broke it off with you?" asked Olivia..
"Noooo, not hardly...I can't get rid of him....He's over everyday....and when he's not over he's calling me...and well, frankly ..I like it...I like the attention..That's not the problem." she said.

''So what is the problem?" asked Olivia...

'Livy...I'm pregnant!" she said.

"WHATTTT?? Girl that's great!" said Olivia..

"Nooo...it's not great...Livy girl, I didn't plan on getting pregnant...but..Soloman can't keep his hands off of me..He wants it every minute we are alone and sometimes...We just forget to use protection..."said Celeste.

"Ohhhh Honey.....Donnie Ray and I are the same way...but I make it a ritual to take my pills..We don't want a baby just yet...Still I'm happy for you...." said Olivia..

"Livy,I don't know if I even want a baby right now....I just started a new job.....and I'm in this relationship with Soloman and he's already talking about marriage....HIM!!! of all people and I just don't know." she said.

"Does he know you're preggers?" asked Olivia.
''Yeah he knows..He's ecstatic." said Celeste..

''I have to ask you this..Don't take it the wrong way...Does he know about the uh Million Dollar settlement that we won for you?"asked Olivia..

''He knows...I told him...but he has never mentioned it again or asked me for anything.. Except my body and to take my clothes off...The man has a one track mind Liv and unlike most...Money isn't his motivation..He's actually been buying me things...Things I've had to make him return.." she said.

''So What's the problem?" I asked..I had overheard some of the conversation as I returned with the Hot Dogs.

"Hi Donnie Ray.." said Celeste...

I kissed her on the cheek..

"Hi pretty girl, Congratulations are in order....You're going to be a mommy huh?"I said.

''Yeah.." she said.

''Don't look so down...That aint a bad thing.." I said.

"He wants to marry me...He hasn't given me a ring or asked me yet...but he's talking and leaning that way..."she said.

"Wow...You were finally the one to tame him...Out of all the women that man has chased...You were the one!" said Olivia

"And back when we were all working for the city,I wasn't even thinking about him...I didn't figure on being involved with him..."she said.

"Two questions...Are you going to have the baby? and are you going to marry him?" I asked..

''Yes...I'm going to have the baby...Marry Him?  I don't know yet...I want assurances.."said Celeste.

''As in a pre-nup?" said Olivia...

"Yes...A Pre Nup." said Celeste...

"I can draw up the paperwork for you...but if I were you...I'd wait until he asks me to marry him first.." said Olivia...

''Guys can get pretty funny when that is thrown on them suddenly..Why don't you guys talk first? " I said.

''My husband is right...Sit Soloman down and talk about the future.Have some drinks, a nice dinner..Candlelight.."said Olivia.

"Livy girl, That's how I got in this situation...Nice Dinner, drinks..Next thing you know..We  are both naked and on the couch going at each other...

I cracked up laughing...

"Yeah..It was all Soloman's fault."said Olivia sarcastically and laughing.

Her friend Celeste did look good....Her curves had curves..Poor Soloman never knew what hit him...I mused to myself...Just like I didn't know what hit me when I met Olivia.

"Yes..I'll have to...I'm supposed to meet with Bonita Foxworth and Sepia Morris next week....I found a house I want to buy...It's not far from where you ,Bev and Donnie Ray live..."said Celeste.

"Well before you make any other major decisions girlfriend..go talk to your future baby daddy.."said Olivia ,smiling and hugging Celeste.


II-

At that same time, Attorney Soloman Foster sat in a coffee shop across town with Beverly of all people-

''Hey Bev, so glad you could come...I needed someone to talk to about a legal matter."said Soloman..
"No Offense Soloman, but don't you usually talk to my Auntay about legal matters? I mean ,She is your Attorney." said Beverly...

"You were my attorney too Bev..." he said.

"Well kind of sort of...I was helping my Auntay....What is it that you want?" asked Beverly...

''Celeste!"he said.

''Yeah, you two hit it off in Josies around the Holidays..Haven't seen you two since...How is that workin?" asked Beverly...

''I'm in love with her Bev." he said dryly...
''Wow....That's great!  What is it? She doesn't feel the same way?" asked Beverly...
''She's Preggers...Uh I mean Pregnant!...It's mine..." he said.

"WHATTTTTTTTT??? Wow that's great...and pretty fast...You wasn't playin was you?" said Beverly looking at him and smiling sheepishly...

"Bev,I think she thinks I'm after her money....And that's not true." he said. "I was into her before I found out about her money...Look...I make my own money....I'm making a decent salary now...I'm no Millionaire..but I do alright...I don't care about her money Bev...I just want to be with her...And Now she's about to have my baby....I feel like after all the dirt I've done, especially involving women...I've been given a fresh start...I blew it with Detective Angie Belton...I had a thing for your Auntay too..A little lightweight crush while I was still in prison...She never knew about it...And by the time I was going to get the nerve to tell her ,she was in New Orleans getting ready to get married to Donnie Ray...I blew it with your pal, Josie..and of course that harpie that tried to sue me for sexual harrassment...The one you and your Auntay defended me from...I finally find someone I really like ,who is cool and a little thing like money could get in the way of all of that.Seems like I just can't win."he said.

''Wow...I've never heard you talk this serious since I've known you."she said.

''Bev ,What should I do? I don't care about her money...I'd sign any pre-nup she presented..I'm serious..I just want Celeste. "He said.

''Then you've got to tell her...You should be telling her that...Not me!"said Beverly...

''Why don't you tell her for me?...You all are close." he said.
''Because she's not pregnant by me and I'm not the one who wants to marry her."said Beverly.

"What if she doesn't believe me?"said Soloman.

"You'll never know if you don't talk to her..and find out?  Frankly you have never struck me as the shy type or a man who was at a loss for words...You must really,really be in love with my girl..If she 's got you like this...I hope she feels the same way.."said Beverly...
"I hope so too.." he said and he reached in his pocket-

He pulled out an engagement ring!

Bev's eyes got as large as saucers....


"Oh My God...You are serious aren't you?  OH MY GOD!!!" said Beverly...

"Hell yeah...I been goin over this for weeks..." he said.

"Let me call my Auntay...She and Celeste and Donnie Ray are hanging out today...." said Beverly...



"Hey....How is Josie doing?" he asked..

"Josie is fine..She and Paris are hot and heavy now.."said Beverly...

"You  know she told me that she forgave me? She Told me that at Christmas." said Soloman..


"I know ,she told me....Let me call my Auntay....."said Beverly.

III-

Olivia's phone rang....She,Celeste and I were standing on a nearby corner talking...

"Hey Bev...Who? Oh yeah? ,Yes...What a co-incidence...Well tell him to meet us here." she said.

"Problem?''I asked...Hoping it wasn't...Olivia and I were on Haitus..We were planning to go to Paris next week to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary.

Olivia looked at Celeste...

"That was my niece Bev...She's with your future baby daddy...They're meeting us here...Now is your chance to talk to him Celeste..

''Here? Now? Livy...I'm not ready." said Celeste..

"No time like the present baby girl." I said.

Within 45 minutes...Beverly drove up and parked..Soloman who was following her drove up behind her and parked..

"Olivia...Talk to your niece about driving so damn fast!!!!...I almost lost her." said Soloman ,smiling and hugging Olivia..

"Hi Soloman...Congratulations mannnn."said Olivia..

''Heyy Donnie Ray."he said.

"Heyy man...Congratulations on your upcoming New Edition." I said.

Soloman smiled and looked at Celeste..

"Hey girl..."he said.

"Hi Soloman."she said and smiled weakly...

"There is uh no easy way to say this...but uh....Since we are around friends...I uh...might as well say this now..."he said.

"Soloman,look, we don't have to do this here..."she said.

''Yeah we do...and I'm glad everybody around is a lawyer....I can't live another day without you girl...And I don't care about your money...I never did...You can write up a prenup and not leave me with anything...Just as long as you are in my life and our child is..." he said.

"Soloman...There is no need for me to draw up a pre-nup if we are just boyfriend and girlfriend.."said Celeste..

''Celeste...Wait for it.."said Beverly who looked like she was about to explode..

Soloman went in his pocket and pulled out a sparkly ring...

Beverly and Olivia both went-

"OH MY GOD!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!" and jumped up and down and hugged each other..

"You're my second chance Celeste...Hell, You're my last chance....Will you marry me?" said Soloman...

Celeste looked at Olivia, Bev and me...

"Welll uhh.....Since you put it that way...uhhhh....YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!  YESS SOLOMAN...I'LL
MARRY YOU!" she screamed...tears running down her face.....Olivia and Beverly her!

And then hugged Soloman, who was crying like a baby...How this man had changed since I had met him...
"I want you to draw up that pre-nup...Have Livy and Bev work out any arrangement you want...I'll sign it..You have millions...You need to protect your money....But I don't want money holding you back from marrying me.."He said.

"Okay Sol...but let's not talk about money for awhile...They'll be time for that...We have a house to look at.."said Celeste...

''Wow..My fortunes are changing..Uh No Pun intended.."he said and hugged Beverly and kissed her...

"Thanks for being a good listener Shortcake..Send me your bill in the mail."he laughed.

"Awww..I didn't do anything, You did."she said smiling...

Olivia hugged Celeste..

''Awww my girl is about to be a married lady.."said Olivia...

''I know...Livy...You and Bev are my good luck charms...You have to be my maid of honor..and Bev, you have to be one of my bridesmaids...Tell Josie ,I want her to be a bridesmaid too!"she said..

''I'd be honored.." she said.

''Donnie Ray...I uh don't know you as well, but I know you enough...Uh..Would you be my uh best man?" he asked.

I smiled..

"Why I'd be honored man..." I said..

III-


Later on that night at home,I sat on the bed staring at my wife, who was clad only in a sheer black slip and some heels...

"Wow...What a day huh?  "said Olivia..

"Yeah...A proposal...and an invitation to a wedding...Nice huh?" I said.

''Real nice! I'm more excited about you and I going to Paris to celebrate our wedding anniversary..."said Olivia..

"That should be nice..."I said.

Olivia sat on my lap,put her arms around me and kissed me passionately for a few minutes...

"I just love happy endings ,don't you?" she said...

"Yeah....I think we are getting ready to have a happy ending of our own in a few minutes..."I said slyly looking at her sheepishly.

(HAPPY VALENTINES DAY !!!)



9 comments:

Sunflower said...

EXCELLENT WITH A CAPITAL E- TOTALLY LOVED THIS!

Angie B. said...

This was cute!

Toni said...

Loved this! Soloman is finally getting his life straight!

Lisa said...

Soloman is finally getting his act together!

Halo said...

This was a sweet little story!

Vanessa said...

Soloman Foster, getting married? Having a baby?? When he first appeared I thought he was a one and done charactor...But you kept bringing him back...For Angie Belton, then as a possible love interest for Olivia..Then an unnatural pairing with Josie...Now he's finally with who he should be with...

Cheryl said...

I hope this isn't the end of the Soloman Foster story or Celeste Tate..I like them both...

Brenda said...

Good Story!

Rita said...

This was called "Preggers"and the first thing I thought was Olivia was pregnant...I mean as much as her and Donnie Ray do it..It's a wonder she hasn't gotten pregnant sooner..But she explained why!
Plus she's had two miscarriages from her first marriage.She may be a little gun shy!Great Story.