Monday, February 2, 2015

Take The Money And Kill

It had been a quiet two or three weeks...No major cases....no weird or bizzare murder cases....Nothing...It had been entirely too quiet and when the streets were this quiet ,I always worried...Worried about the next horrific crime...I suppose that is my job...I'm Assistant District Attorney ,Keith Wallace....I prosecute major homicides...and crimes in general...The types that make the evening news...

I'm married to a beautiful Latina Homicide detective, Detective Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace....She always tells me I should lighten up...She does...She puts each case behind her...I guess that's what helps her cope..She doesn't let the cases linger....

It was near lunch...I was in my office going over some case notes for recent prosecutions..When I heard a light knock on the door...Few people ever knocked on my door...I looked up and it was my wife, Carlotta,smiling brightly and sweetly in that way she does...

"Hola Honey Bunny..What'choo doing?" she asked...

"Just going over some briefs..." I said, smiling at her...

"I brought us lunch.." she said...

She had indeed...From Sam Mother's Diner...

"Hungry....??" she asked..

I was so busy looking at her legs and the outline of her body in the sheer dress she was wearing that I barely answered the question....

"Yessssssssssssssssssssss..." I said smiling..

She snapped her fingers...

"I said Hungry...Not Horny..." she said...

I laughed...

"I'm a little bit of both....Why don't you sit on my lap and feed me..?" I said..

She sat on my lap and we consumed our food...

"Ouuuuuuuu..I am feeling something hard...." she whispered to me...

"Did you lock that door?" I asked..

"Yes..."she said smiling...

I pulled her to me and began kissing her passionately....

I eased her panties down and hiked her skirt up...She hastily unzipped my trousers and allowed them to drop down around my ankles and I cleared my desk off and laid her on it ever so softly and slowly gently entered
her...

 ''Ouuuu ayee mios dios...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"she moaned softly....She was so warm, so moist....

I thrusted into her ,first slowly, then faster and harder....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." she moaned as my desk rocked from side to side...

"You still have the good good." I moaned as we began making sweet love...

She smiled and then laughed....."You are wonders for my ego." she said.

We continued to kiss deeply,passionately as I rubbed those breasts of hers and continued to thrust mightily.

 We could hear each other's breathing more clearly than ever!!

  Once again we were making love in my office....Luckily for me, my office was at the end of a very large hall and it wasn't peopled by a lot of folks and I was technically on my lunch hour...

Carlotta and I made love well after my lunch hour was over though.....both of us climaxing mightily and holding each other tightly...I had heard mention of other people doing this...Never thought that I actually would..The thought that we might get caught made it all the more exciting...I'm sure it did for Carlotta too!Even though , now we had been married for two years..it would be no big deal if we did get caught...

"Oh My god...Oh My God Carlotta.." I moaned..

"Ouuuu papi...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."she cooed as we continued to kiss and I exploded a second time...

"ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..!" I moaned......

"Woooo, that was something.." she said as she collected herself and straightened out her clothing....

''Wow...As usual, you leave me wanting more..." I said.

She smiled and gently rubbed my face....

"You are going to kill me....Aye..." she said trying to catch her breath and smiling gingerly...


''Maybe...I might take a day off tomorrow...Maybe you should too and we can spend the day alone making sweet love."she said.

"I'd like nothing better....Oh...It's my phone...Pass it to me dollface." I said..

She smiled and passed it to me...

"Yes...WHAT?   Alright..We'll be there.."I said..

"Cancel that day off babes...We caught a double.." I said.

"What?" asked Carlotta..

"I'll explain in the car." I said.

II-

Carlotta and I arrived in front of the Wells Fargo Bank...The same bank that Detective Angela Belton had been held hostage in a year ago by a murderous band of thugs who blew themselves up by accident...There were shell casings on the ground....

From a distance we saw Lt. Sissy Van Buren, Detectives Edwin "Duke" Baylor ,Tyriq Pile, Tony Hopkins and Sirena Pile all heading towards the scene..

A uniformed police officer with Sergeants stripes walked over to us...

"It's bad Lieutenant....Detectives...We got a bank robbery and two dead...one is a cop....The other , a bank security guard..." he said...

"Oh My God."said Sissy....


Dr. Hazel Baylor, Duke's wife and our forensic investigator...met us halfway...

"  Sissy, the slain police officer is Officer Carrie Lewis...She was 29, married and had two children....She was shot with a single gunshot wound to the head..." said Hazel....

"Ohhhh jesus...I knew Carrie...Oh My God...." said Sirena, who along with her partner Hop, kneeled down and observed the body....

"I'll get unis searching the perimeter and checking street,traffic and ATM cameras...."said Hop....

Duke,Tyriq, Jimmy and Carlotta looked at the second victim...

"Rico...Aint that Tom?" said Duke..

''Sure is..Tom Garrett...Used to be on the job..Retired a few years back and was working security..Last time I seen him..He said he was going to quit this and do something else.."said Tyriq...

"He was shot twice...once in the chest and once in the head...Oh My god......"said Hazel...

"Anybody notify next of kin for either of these people?" asked Carlotta..


"I'm on that now." said Jimmy...Who was just shaking his head and looking at all the blood..

Sissy and I walked over to the officer on the scene..

''This was a heist..how much was the take?" asked Sissy..

"Looks like eight million total...This wasn't any random job by some layman...They hit this bank hard..and fast...It was well planned..." he said.

"Then how did it go sideways?" I asked..

"Whoever this crew was...They had two cowboys with them...A guy and a girl...The guy shot the cop, who traded fire with him...The girl who was driving the car shot the security guard....They disabled some of the cameras...but we had back up units...You'll see what went down..." he said..

Just then..a Government car drove up...Several of them....It was FBI Deputy Special Agent in Charge, Sharon Hopkins..

She walked up to us...The officer on the scene briefed them ....She walked over to Sissy and I...

"Wow..This reminds me of how we all first met..a big bank robbery and a murder...."she said.

''A police was murdered here Sharon as well as the bank's security guard." said Sissy.

"How many was in the crew?" asked Sharon..

"Five"said her husband, Detective Tony Hopkins... "Four guys and one woman at the wheel...The woman and one of the guys are our main suspects for the murders..." said Hop..

"Your guys are going over the crime scene right Siss." asked Sharon...

"Yeah.."said Sissy...

"Okay..Have them give their findings to us when they are finished...Why don't we all come in the crime lab, and wait until CSI is finished...Sit..Have some coffee and sandwiches...I knew your team would probably be here." she said with a smile..

How much she had changed...How different things were from our first meeting when she wanted to take over the entire investigation the way the FBI usually did....Since then..We had all become great friends..She had discovered her childhood best friend, My wife Carlotta was among us and the man she loved...Detective Tony Hopkins was also among us..Since then we had worked together on many cases...

III-


The nine of us sat in the FBI mobile Crime lab...A huge truck that had all of the necessary crime fighting materials in it needed for working this or any other type of case...

True to her word..Sharon had ordered Hot tumblers of coffee and sandwiches for all of us...She looked at her girlfriend Carlotta and smiled..

"Girlfriend..seriously..you wore that to work today? You look like you are dressed for a party at the night club." she said..

"I didn't expect to catch a case today...You know how quiet it's been...I was actually with my husband when we got the call.." laughed Carlotta..

"Uhhh huhhhh...With your husband in the biblical sense...That's your freakum dress..I'll bet he couldn't take his eyes off of you.." she said and the two of them laughed like schoolgirls..

Meanwhile, Detective Sirena Pile talked quietly to Sissy and Hazel..

"I feel so bad for Carrie....She had two children and a husband...I just finished talking to her husband on the phone...My goodness...I have three children myself...." she said..

"I know Sirena...I worry about you all the time because of that..."said Sissy...

"Don't Siss...I have a great partner...He may be a rookie, but he's very protective of me...I always feel safe when Hop has my back..And I'm going to do everything I can to help catch whoever did this to Carrie."said Sirena..

''Don't forget your husband Sirena and all of us...We all got each other's back."said Hazel, rubbing Sirena's back.

In another corner...Duke and Tyriq talked quietly to me...

''Carrie was about to take the detective's test...She would have been at a desk like us..away from all of this..Damn...I feel so bad.." said Duke..

''Doesn't matter Duke..Even being a detective doesn't protect you from a bullet if it's got your name on it. Top and my wife and Hop had that big shootout with those D.C. Drug boys last year remember.?"said Tyriq..as Duke nodded.

''So true..that's why Sissy always makes you guys wear Kevlar vests and trauma plates when you go to make a pick up.."I said.

Just then, Jimmy and Hop walked in...

"Hey everybody...We got video on the bank robbery and we may have caught a break on the cars used...Sharon...it's being sent to you guys right now as I speak." said Jimmy...

Hop was carrying two bags....

"Uniforms found this automatic weapon in the trash bin , five blocks away....and I found this pistol at the scene...It was partially in the sewer..." said Hop...

''Oh My God...That's a good pull hubby."said Sharon who kissed him passionately....

"I love this man.."she said as we all laughed...

IV-


Both bodies were being removed from the scene and officers and FBI agents as well were moving the crowd along and securing the crime scene...

We began by watching the videos we had...

"They disabled the banks cameras...but whoever did their research didn't know about the back up cameras..." said Jimmy as we watched the bank robbery unfold...

One man in a baseball cap, black leather jacket,black pants, black shoes...passed an envelope to the bank teller...

Another man dressed the same way fired up into the ceiling and announced that it was a hold up and for nobody to move..

A Third man jumped over the counter and demanded that the cashiers begin opening up the tills and filling the bags...

While the fourth man had a gun to the bank manager and assistant manager's head...

They opened the huge vault and the trio began filling up bags and slowly loading them into a car
A stylish Lexus's trunk....They were nearly done when the Security Guard made a sudden move...The man who was holding the manager and assistant manager hostage fired at the security guard and killed him...

There seemed to be an argument amongst the bank robbers..

"WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM??  WHAT DID YOU SHOOT HIM FOR??" said one..

"AH SAW HIM MAKE A MOVE..."said the shooter...

"YOU ASSHOLE...NOBODY WAS SUPPOSED TO GET HURT...JESUS JUNIOR...I TOLD YOU NOT TO HIRE THESE TWO KNUCKLEHEADS.."

"HEY ASSWIPE...NO NAMES...NO NAMES...LET'S GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE." said the leader...

As they were leaving..Carrie called for them to halt...The woman at the wheel of the Lexus fired a volley of shots...hitting Carrie and killing her...

"OH HELL....FIRST THIS ASSHOLE KILLS A SECURITY GUARD AND NOW HIS STUPID GIRLFRIEND KILLS A COP!!!! A COP??? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU TWO?" shouted one of the robbers..

"NO TIME FOR THAT..LET'S GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!! DITCH THOSE GUNS!"

(Click)

"Something about two of the members of this crew seems familliar."said Sissy..

''Boss Lady...It's Bonnie and Clyde..It's got to be them."said Carlotta.

"Bonnie and Clyde" was the nickname given to two young bank robbers..a woman and a man who had robbed about ten local banks in Philadelphia over the past two and a half years...Their bank robberies were usually very quick, very hap hazard and not a lot of money was taken...Their biggest haul was $27,000....
Robbery-Homicide had been trying to nail these two for awhile now..Up until now nobody had been hurt in their robberies..

"This job seems too professional for those two nit wits..."said Duke.

"They just moved up to the big leagues.."said Tyriq..
''So you don't have an ID on these two?" asked Sharon.

"Nah....They're totally amateur hour Sharon...but smart enough to bleach down their stolen cars and smart enough to conceal their faces...We don't know who they are...but they're pretty prolific and random...They hit a bank once every two months..but they've never been violent before.."said Jimmy..

"If Rico and I were still in Robbery-Homicide...this is the type of perp we would be after..."said Carlotta..

''So Top...Let's pretend we are and get on this."said Tyriq.


"Something doesn't play.."said Duke..

''I know what you mean Duke..This was not them...Those guys are cowboys...rip and run..They obviously weren't leading this...Those other three guys were and one guy slipped and called one of them Junior...." said Sissy..

''Maybe they needed more manpower and they hired them as extra muscle....Plus babygirl can drive..She's alluded police several times in the past." said Hop..

"We got a dead cop....We have to make an ID of this whole crew before it gets out of hand and you know what I mean Keith?" said Sissy.

"I know..Lt. Tragg is already in the Deputy of Operations ear. I'll hold everybody off the best I can." I said.

''Sharon,I know the FBI has jurisdiction over this...because it's a bank robbery, but I have a dead police here."said Sissy..

Sharon put her arms around Sissy...

"I wouldn't dream of forcing you guys out...We work together on this just like always..we share information."she said...

"Okay...Sirena...You're the primary on Carrie's murder...Get an ID or a profile on "Bonnie and Clyde."said Sissy..

"Okay...I want ,Hop, Lotta, Jimmy and my husband working with me.." said Sirena..

''Okay...Duke..You and I will try to ID the ring leader and the other guys in that crew..."said Sissy..

"I'm already making a list of street sources..." said Duke..

"I'll piggy back on that...I've got some good investigators that can go along with you." said Sharon...


''Good...I'll talk to a judge I can depend on and get you whatever you need, search warrants, wire tap warrants...anything..but let's get on this and nab this crew quick.."I said.


I had said it was too quiet....The quiet had now broken..

(TO BE CONTINUED)



10 comments:

Halo said...

My favorite Guys..Love them!

Toni said...

I never get tired of Keith,Carlotta,Rico,Duke,Sissy and company!

Brenda said...

Looks good but seems eerily familliar to the story you wrote maybe two years ago that introduced us to FBI SAC Sharon Ferrell, now Hopkins.

Angie B. said...

Looks like another good one!

Vanessa said...

Keith and Carlotta are such a cute couple..Married for two years and still can't keep their hands off of each other.

Sunflower said...

I love the dialouge between the charactors...That makes this more than just a police procedural!Makes it more human!

Lisa said...

I never get tired of reading about these guys,Love em!

Cheryl said...

You keep this blog hot and all of your series fresh...You have a vivid imagination.

Anonymous said...

Standing and Applauding and throwing my panties..

James Perkins said...

Well,LOL, we can always count on that!