Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Make My Day



Two days later, Lt. Sissy Van Buren and I were standing on a street corner with Detective James "Jimmy" Barlow and six uniformed policemen and three plain clothes policemen from Auto- Theft...

"This is definitely the car the crew used Boss Lady, ADA...And by the strong smell of bleach...I doubt if you'll find any fingerprints or DNA...But I still got a tow truck coming...and CSI is still going to process it." said Jimmy...

"Good Work Jimmy...You guys found the cars and the plates pretty fast." said Sissy...

"The wonder of Traffic cams..." laughed Sissy....

"The car used in the getaway was reported stolen a week before...So even though we have it...We still have no lead on this crew." I said hanging my head...

"Your wife is working on that as I speak..."said Sissy...

"You think she'll make any headway?" I asked..

"Chica has a way of getting men to spill their guts..."laughed Sissy..."Look how she has you all twisted up." she said and winked...

II-


My wife and Sirena were in a club on the other side of the city at this moment...Laughing and drinking with a couple of guys...Not just any guys...Jack Snowden and Josh Weldon...Supposedly former heist guys...Carlotta met them both when she and Tyriq worked Robbery-Homicide.

Both men had done time, both men had been known to be box men (safe crackers ) and expert bank robbers...They frequented this club in Northern Liberties....



"More Tequila Detective?" said Jack ,who was totally enamored with Carlotta and who couldn't keep his eyes off of her cleavage...

"If I didn't know right..I would swear you were trying to get me drunk Jack."said Carlotta with her heavy spanish accent...

At this point Jack was so turned on, He could barely control his self..

''Are you alright?"asked Carlotta ,who had gotten me to this point several times and recognized it...

"Yes...Yes...Now you were asking me somethin darlin.." he said.

"Si...I'm trying to find two people....A young white guy and a white girl....Bank robbers...very young..not very professional..." said Carlotta...

Meanwhile..Sirena, Detective Sirena Pile was sitting with Josh Weldon on the other side of the bar...

"God...You're married detective and have three kids...I would never know it...My goodness..look at you.You look great" said Josh..

Sirena giggled..

"I work out...I drink a lot of milk..."she said.

"Milk does a body good...My goodness, if all the cops looked like you..I'd of gone straight a long time ago..Hahahahahahahaha." he said.

Sirena laughed..

"You're lookin for  Billy Joe Ramsey...He's a punk...He did a nickel for a heist a few years ago...A juvenile bust and he basically fell off the grid...Then he met this babe..Betty...Betty Newly and rumor has it..They started doing hold ups...They keep pretty much to themselves....It's not common knowledge...but they work through a fence named Hawk..." he said.


On the other side of the room, Carlotta was working her magic...



"I'll have another tequilla with you papi if you give me something I can go on.." she said seductively..

"How bout you give me something I can go on?" asked Jack...

"Awwww papi, you are fresh....I told you I'm married now...."said Carlotta...

"Your husband is a very,very lucky man...I hope he knows that..." said Jack...



"Oh he does...He does..."laughed Carlotta....

"Okay, so here it is babes..There's this guy...His name is Hawk...He's a fence...These two kids...a white guy named Billy Joe Ramsey and his girlfriend, Betty Newly...They uh come in here sometimes...They ask for Hawk... He's a fence and he launders money....They uh started laundering money through Hawk...and it was usually a day or two after a bank robbery...Then these two stupid kids started flashing a lot of cash....The dude...liked to play poker...Usually in the illegal crap games..
He owed a lot...Suddenly,he's flush..payin off his debts, buyin a lot of stuff...It wasn't hard for anybody to figure out that him and his girl were the "Bonnie and Clyde" bank robbers that has the city baffled.." said Jack..

"Where do they lay their heads?" asked Carlotta..

"They don't...They move from house to house..apartment to apartment...They have a network of friends..Meth heads...Students...et al that put them up...That's how come no one has been able to get a bead on them....The cops..you guys don't even know their names ,well until now..And you didn't hear it from me right?" he said smiling and rubbing Carlotta's arms..


"Oh of course not papi...Here is my card...You get in any trouble below a felony...You call me...That's your one time only get out of jail free card..." she said smiling freely...

"I love you baby." he said laughing...

Carlotta smiled..


"Sirena...Can I call you Sirena ,Detective?" said Josh..


"Why of course darling.."said Sirena..

"So here is an address for Hawk...This is one of two places he lays his head...If anybody can tell you where them two kids lay their heads...It's him....." he said.

"Tell me something...What about three other guys...Professional guys..Any hard rocks come in lookin for additional members for a crew?" asked Sirena..

"Now that you mention it...About a month ago...a guy named Junior...Junior Barnes...He's like uh a shot caller...He came in askin for Hawk....He was runnin with two guys..two heavy dudes and they said they needed a driver and another man for a major hit...Somebody put him in a meeting with Hawk..They sat right over there in that booth....I don't know what they talked about...but I can imagine...Haven't seen Hawk or Junior since then.." he said.

"Josh....here is $50.00....That should pay for the rest of your drinks...and here is my card...You get into anything below a felony now...and you give me a call..That's your get out of jail free card..."said Sirena..

"How bout a number? A cell phone number...Huh..Maybe me and you can get together on the sly?" he whispered in her ear...

"Ouuuuuu..you are so fresh....My husband would kill you and me both..He's also a detective."laughed Sirena..

"Damn...I had to try.." he said and they both laughed...


Later Detectives Sirena Pile and Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace were driving back to headquarters...


"Nothing like a good C.I. eh Lotta?" said Sirena..


"Si..Horny men will tell you anything and sometimes more than you want to know." laughed Carlotta...

"I know right? We gotta get out of these hoochie mama dresses..I feel like a hooker" laughed Sirena as the two high fived each other..

"I know, right?" laughed Carlotta.

III-

An hour later....Detectives Edwin "Duke" Baylor, Tyriq Pile and Tony Hopkins showed up at the address Carlotta and Sirena had given them with five uniformed policemen armed with shotguns and glocks...

"Hop...Take two guys and go around the back...Rico...We taken the door."said Duke....

"I'm on it Duke..Come on Guys...Let's go.." said Hop...

"Let's go buddy."said Tyriq...


Tyriq knocked on the door...

"WHO THE HELL IS IT?" came the angry voice...

"POLICE!" said Tyriq...

Suddenly we heard rustling and the sound of feet on the ground and a woman's voice...

"Tyrone...Where you goin, what is it?"

"Shut up...Don't say nothing..I'm goin out the back.." he said...

Tyriq and Duke  kicked the door in and ran in with glocks drawn..The woman who was nude covered up...

One of the patrolmen said-

"He's out the back door detective."

Duke looked out the back window...


Hop had Ambrose Hawkins, better known as Hawk handcuffed..
"Got it covered guys.." said Hop...

Tyriq smiled...

"Let's Go home fellas.." he said.

IV-
Ambrose Hawkins sat in the interrogation room....He looked nervous... He had a rap sheet as long as he was tall that began when he was 17.....

He was known as a fence....He owned a hardware store that was a front...If you needed money laundered,if you needed phony credit or debit cards or even passports you came to him..if you needed a bump key...Used by heist guys and box men to gain access to buildings..You came to him...And also if you needed information on available guys to accentuate your crew...You came to him...

Carlotta and Jimmy walked into the "Fish bowl" and sat down...

''Ambrose my man...Didn't I bust you years ago?" laughed Jimmy...

Ambrose Hawkins , a tall, thin Black guy with a bald head merely frowned...

"Detective Barlow..Long time no see.." he smirked...

His eyes perked up when Carlotta ,walked in...She said nothing...She didn't even look at him...She put some files on the table..and sat down...


"Ambrose..."was all she said...

She showed him a glossy mug shot of William Joseph Ramsey.....

He smirked...

"Billy Joe...what about him?" said Ambrose..

"He and his girlfriend are part of that stick up crew that took down eight million in that bank robbery...."said Carlotta..

"So what?" asked Ambrose..

"Don't play stupid Hawk...You hooked them up with the ring leaders of the crew....We want em all.."said Jimmy..

"Aww man."said Ambrose..

"Aww man nothin....I'm bettin if I send a team over to your uh Hardware store..I'll find all kinds of interesting things...Things that will violate you, send you back upstate...This will be your third serious strike Hawk...You know what that means...Life....Now we don't care about you...We are murder police..A Police got killed as well as a security guard...We want that crew." said Jimmy...


"Oh Okay..Okay...I didn't have nothin to do with no murder...Look...about two weeks ago..a guy...
Junior....Junior Barnes....He come in...He said a guy he knows...Had this big job...and he needed two extra guys...I told him about Billy Joe and Betty....I told him they were the "Bonnie and Clyde" robbers....That they were available...Well a week later...Junior came back...He said that his boss didn't want to work with those two ,that they seemed like amateurs ,cowboys...I said I'd get back to him.....A few days later Junior came back....I couldn't find any guys in the hood that were available, so they took them on...I put him in touch with them and that was the last I seen of Junior.." said Ambrose..


"Who was his boss? Who was the guy who was looking for two men for his crew?" asked Carlotta..

"A guy named Campbell...Albert Campbell....A real heavy dude...I only seen him once.." he said.

"You are free to go Ambrose....and if I was you...I'd find a new line of work...Real soon..."said Carlotta...

He stared at her cleavage...

"Damn...you too damn fine to be a cop." he said as he left..

Carlotta looked at Jimmy and they both laughed.

V-


FBI Deputy Special Agent in Charge sat in Sissy's office with me and Sissy...

"Sissy, your guys did great work....Our ring leader is Albert Campbell...He's real heavy..a professional bank robber...He runs with an equally dangerous guy named Joe Cleveland.. These two have turned Bank robbery into a science..Both of them did a dime in the federal pen for a bank heist several years ago...and while they were incarcerated they met William Joseph Ramsey....or Billy Joe, Clyde of our Bonnie and Clyde crew...I get the impression that neither were impressed with him.."said Sharon...

"And Junior Barnes is Kelly Barnes...Another Heist guy....Sirena and Duke busted him when they were working Special Investigations..."said Sissy...

"Okay...I get it...Albert Campbell,Joseph Cleveland and Junior Barnes are heavy hitters...and they got the score of a lifetime...Why would they be with these two knuckleheads??... Billy Joe and Betty?" I asked.

"They were in a hurry...They needed to hit this bank and fast and get out of town....These double murders and this cop killing has made it difficult for them...I have FBI agents and Philly P.D. looking for them in the Airports, Train Stations and Bus Stations...I have FBI and State Police on the expressways and highways going in and out of the city and I'm running photos of all five suspects all over the news...The city is bottled up..They can't go anywhere and we have the serial numbers of those bills..These guys are hot...."said Sharon...

''My guys will be watching every fence in the city...Nobody is going to touch that money to launder it.."said Sissy.

"These guys are going to be at each other's throats soon enough and then we got em."I said and we all laughed..

It was a good day...We had made the entire crew....

VI-


Most of the detectives had left for the day...Carlotta was at her desk when I walked up to her...



She looked up in surprise...

"Ohh,I didn't know you were here.."she said...

"I knew you were here.." I said smiling....and staring at her cleavage...She looked a little self conscious and blushed...


"This dress could have gotten me in a lot of trouble today."she said as she got her purse and walked to the elevator with me...



"Yes indeed.....It still could.."I said,still looking at her...The dress was low cut and very tight...

"You like it, no?" she said..


"I do..."I said smiling..

"I could wear a trash bag and you'd like it.." she said smiling...

I pulled her to me and kissed her passionately until the elevator door opened in the garage...

"As long as I could take it off of you.."I said..

She smiled and ran her fingertip gently across my lips...

"Good to know.." she said...


(TO BE CONTINUED)


5 comments:

James Perkins said...

A very good technical outing...Shows you the different ways this team works..They are a well oiled machine.

Brenda said...

Love the camraderie and love these guys have for one another..They are truly a family of cops!

Cheryl said...

These guys grew by leaps and bounds..We were first introduced to Carlotta ,Keith Wallace and Sissy and I watched as you introduced Tyriq,Duke,Jimmy,Hazel,Angie,
Sirena,Hop,Sharon and all of the colorful side charactors like Ed Cantrell, Carol Redding, et al..Love The Murder Police.

Grover Tha Playboy said...

I loved the three stories you did where you had them targeting a big fish and staying in that hotel...Why don't you have Sissy and her guys move there permanantly? A secret location where they can operate with autonomy..I think that's cool..

Keith said...

I've been thinking about doing that...Don't know if I will or not..I have a lot of stories to tell.