Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Games And Other Suspicions

 THE NEXT MORNING-

Yvette and the newly freed Pinkney Bach stood on the street outside the courthouse...

"Yvette ,I'm so sorry I had to call you again to get me out of jail..."said Pinkney...
 "I'm sorry too... I can't believe Lt. Tragg..."said Yvette..
 "He's the dumbest cop on the force, I don't see how he made detective, let alone Lieutenant...The learning curve must be really low."snarled an angry and newly freed Pinkney Bach.
Lt. Tragg was walking out of the building just then and saw him and Yvette standing on the sidewalk..

" Your lawyer rescued you again huh Bach?  Wellll it won't be for long...You're going down pal and I'm going to be there when you get your needle." he said.

 "Lt. Tragg, how did you figure you could arrest my client again on the same charge with no new  evidence?  How long have you been a cop?" asked Yvette..
 "We found the murder weapon yesterday and it's a ballistics match!"snarled Lt. Tragg..
 "Oh you found it?  You found it where?" asked Yvette..
 "It was uh...It was mailed to the Medical Examiner's Office anonymously..." said Lt. Tragg.
 "Is that right? It was mailed anonymously to the M.E.'s office.  So you didn't find anything...It was sent there...And it's a ballistics match huh? What does that have to do with my client? was his fingerprints or DNA on the weapon?  I'm just asking?" asked Yvette..
"Well, well...well..uh, uh ruh...No....There were no prints or DNA on the gun at all..." said Lt. Tragg..

 "So you arrested him for what? He's already out on bail for murder one...and you arrested him again because you "found" the murder weapon  with no prints or DNA belonging to my client...This looks like a clear cut case of harrassment to me..I'm just saying....I'm going to let this go...but you can't continue to do this Lieutenant....I'm serious." said Yvette..
 Lt. Tragg was as red as a beet....Yvette had him and he knew it...and he hated the fact that she had him...
"If I were you,I'd be going over that crime scene again and asking yourself, who is doing all this anonymous calling and why...and then try interviewing some more people."said Pinkney Bach..

 "WHY YOU ARROGANT LITTLE SHIT!!!....YOU DON'T TELL ME HOW TO RUN AN INVESTIGATION...I'LL KNOCK YOUR.." snarled Lt. Tragg, who was beginning to hate Pinkney Bach as much as he hated Dabnis Coley..
 "Okay...Okay...Okay...Children, play nice!!!....Come on Pinkney...let's go....You can pay me back by buying me Breakfast.."said Yvette with a smile..
''Why I would love to.."said Pinkney with a smile..





II-



Meanwhile we were all at Pinkney's new law firm with the son of the founder, Wally Peterson, drinking coffee and talking..

 "I'm glad to hear Pinkney has such solid legal representation and so fast.....I hate to see him in this kind of trouble...He's a good guy...Damn good Attorney...I just can't believe he's been accused of such a thing." said Wally Peterson, an Associate Attorney with the firm..
 "We've  represented him before...when he was accused of killing a Judge's wife...He knew our supervisor years before..They worked a case together." said Jade.

"That would be Yvette Jones...I heard he fired her and then some years later , he jailed her on contempt charges and SHE REPRESENTED HIM? AND IS REPRESENTING HIM AGAIN?  Are they sleeping together?" asked Wally,laughing...He had done his research well.
 "I can assure you they are not.."I said.
 "Let's just say they have buried the hatchet.."said Bee Bee...


"I heard he got arrested again last night...He can't seem to keep himself out of trouble." said.Para-Legal ,Susan Goode..

"Really? How did you hear that? It wasn't on the news?" asked Sofia , smiling sweetly...


"Oh...Oh...well uh I, You know...you work in the court system long enough , you develop friends at the courthouse and the police station that passes news back and forth to you." she said..
"Yes..Somebody seems to be passing a lot of news around, like for instance that my client was sleeping with the deceased man's fiance..That supposedly a gun, the murder weapon was supposed to be under his bed...It wasn't though and that he was having dinner with another female attorney from another firm last night in town ...Whoever this gossipy person is..they must have Lt. Tragg's number on speed dial.."said Kahlil..."I'm just saying." he said.
"You...You don't think somebody from here is leaking information out do you?" asked Susan..

 "Uhh Susan, relax...Nobody is saying that." said Wally Peterson, smiling nervously.
 "Nobody is saying that....I understand you didn't like the deceased either...Is that correct?" asked Jade.
"He wasn't my favorite person...It wasn't too many people around here that liked him for that matter."said Wally.

 "That's funny because We talked to Administrative Assistants." said Bee Bee
 "And Para-Legals" said Sofia
 "As well as other Attorneys with this firm and none of them had any problems with Brad or Pinkney..." I said..

 "They did tell us that Brad and Pinkney didn't care for each other and that You and Brad didn't care for each other either ."said Kahlil..
"Do you care to elaborate Mr. Peterson?" said Jade.
"Well okay, I didn't care for him much...but I didn't kill him...Our uh disputes were clearly of a professional nature.. He and Pinkney had a deep dislike for each other , a dislike that increased when he found out that Pinkney and his fiance slept together and spent the night together in a hotel in Bayside."said Wally.

 "How did he find that out?" asked Jade..
"I don't know...I suppose you'd have to ask him, if you could." said Susan Goode..

 We finished our coffees..
"You guys are welcome to stay as long as you like...but uh, I am a working attorney as are all of you and Ms. Goode and I do have a court date...It was nice talking to you guys perhaps we all might work a case together in the future....Give Ms. Jones my regards."said Wally Peterson as he and Susan Goode excused themselves and left the conference room..

 "He's as slick as canned grease." said Bee Bee.
 ''Yeah, he sure is...Never broke a sweat.."I said, smiling..
 "But she's not...I need to look into these two a little closer."said Jade..
 "Yeah something about her and him rubs me the wrong way..."said Kahlil..
Sofia looked at her watch...

"Ms. Yvette has no doubt sprung Pinkney by now...Let's head back to the office." said Sofia.

III-

 AT SAM MOTHER'S DINER...
 Two orders of Omelettes, One cheddar, one western
 Hash Browns
 Sausage patties
two hot coffee's arrived at the booth that Yvette was sharing with Pinkney Bach.

 "Yvette, I am truly sorry for everything bad I did to you...From sexually assaulting you practically four years ago, to hauling you to jail last year when I was a Judge....You didn't deserve any of that, you are such a good person....I am so sorry...I hope we can be friends..." said Pinkney..As they ate their breakfast...After lying in jail the night before and having his meal interrupted, Pinkney was glad to eat some hot food and some hot coffee with it...
"I suppose we can be friends, but I don't want you calling me....I have a boyfriend..Remember and respect that."said Yvette..
"We can never be uh friends with benefits?" asked Pinkney...eyeing her cleavage slyly...

 "NO!" said Yvette,
 "Ummmph, I'll bet it's good too...I can just imagine...Lawwwwwwwwwwwwwd!" he said..
 ''Don't torture yourself.. You said the day of your fight with  Brad, that Wally Peterson said something...something smart...Try to remember what it is was.."asked Yvette..
"It wasn't what Wally said...It was what Brad said to him...
.
Just then, Wally  Peterson, The Founding Partner's son  and his Para-Legal, Susan Goode got in the middle of us..

 "Guys, Guys...Break it up....If my father was in here, you'd both be fired..Chill..." he said, coming in between us..
 "Yes..both of you go get some coffee....Get some fresh air.." said Susan...
 "Yes...Good Idea Susan.." I said..
 "This isn't over asshole.." said Brad Tallinger..
"Brad just chill."laughed Wally...


"Get your hands off me Wally...It's a good thing your father doesn't know a lot of things uh Wally...?" he said..


"Whatever Brad, Bite me okay?" said Wally...


"That's what he said....I don't know what it was in reference to." said Pinkney...

"Very Interesting.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!" said Yvette.

IV-

 Later that afternoon we all wound up back at the office....
 Jade had left us for awhile and had just returned...
 "I interviewed Brad's former fiance... She said that yes her and Pinkney did spend the night together in a hotel in Bayside after they finished a case.. Apparently he was telling the truth..She didn't mention she was Brad's fiance until the next morning after they had both showered and dressed..So He didn't know at first. But she said she didn't know how Brad found out...she said she never said anything and she couldn't understand  why Pinkney would say anything... She told me, Pinkney called her two days before Brad was murdered saying it was all over the office and he didn't know how it had gotten out." said Jade.

 "Hold Up...They weren't in Philadelphia...They were in Bayside, in a hotel....How does the information get back to Philly that fast?" I asked.
"Yeah, there is no way that information would get back that fast....."said Kahlil.
 "I know how it got out....A P.I. Somebody hired a P.I. to watch Pinkney...If you look deeper..These two were put together by someone.."said Yvette.
 "Like Wally Peterson, the bosses son...He put them together...Had them work on a case together and had them followed...It was picture perfect...He knew how Pinkney is with the ladies and nature took it's course..One thing led to another.."I said.
 "It's always one thing leading to another with cheating.."laughed Sofia..

"I know right?" laughed Bee Bee..
 "Pinkney seduced her, took her to bed..and the information got back to the office.."said Kahlil.
"This set up wasn't some haphazard thing...This little plot was put together at least a week or two before it unfolded... This is the work of a pure genius."said Bee Bee.

"Or a sociopath." said Sofia..

"That's exactly what we are dealing with here......I wonder what Brad had on him..." asked Yvette.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments: