Friday, September 25, 2020

The Telltale Lipstick

 ONE WEEK LATER-
 The Murder Trial of Pinkney Bach, a one time Judge, Now Associate Attorney at a big law firm began...
 We had relatively new Judge Wong presiding
 And a new Assistant District Attorney we did not know named Amanda "Mandy" Cole... prosecuting.

She was pretty and Blonde....Just the way Lt. Tragg liked them..
 He went out of his way to impress her, bringing her coffee and pastries every morning.....Bringing her notes about the case and smiling from ear to ear in her presence...

 Kahlil and myself  went up against her on Voir dire...She was sharp, very sharp and hip to our bait and switch routine...So we had to play it straight... We wound up getting only 5 of the jurors we wanted..
 Ms. Yvette smiled at us..

"Ohhhh you got a smart one this time...She's going to be difficult..but we are ready." she said after opening arguments were made..
  Amanda Coles and Bee Bee went against each other hard during the preliminaries....with each woman seeming as though they had to one up the other...
 Sofia, feisty Sofia was equally up to the task...This made the two of them work longer and harder with their research and their arguments...

It was also causing Kahlil and I less time without them at night... They were both so tired when they came home from the law library that they went straight to bed...

No late night visits to our room or late night sex..

We both hated this case already....


 Not that Kahlil and I weren't working just as hard...

 Olivia and Beverly had graciously
allowed the four of  us to study in the law library at their Duplex/Office, since we lived within walking distance of them..

and we had a couple of dinners with them and Nelson, Josie ,Paris and Donnie Ray..






in Olivia and Donnie Ray's  domicile a few nights too!

Ms. Jade had been in the street, going over the crime scene again , talking to additional people and
looking through more public records...


 At least once a week, Ms. Yvette called a meeting between all of us at the office in which we went over trial strategy, the type of juror we needed and the type of questions we were going to Hammer home to prosecution witnesses...
 "You guys are sharp....but then again...I knew that when I hand picked you four...I'm going to let you guys run it during the prosecutions case..."said Ms. Yvette...She had a great deal of faith in us and none of us planned to let her down.
 "I sure thought we had them during the preliminary.." I said..
 ''Almost dear heart..but we couldn't throw out all of our cards.."said Bee Bee.
 "But I think they dealt their whole hand..."laughed Sofia..
 "Courtesy of Lt. Tragg's raggedy investigation." said Kahlil.
"I don't know about that....He actually went back over the crime scene and re interviewed some people..This new ADA is having quite an effect on him..."said Jade.

"The same effect they all have on him...He wants to get in their panties.." said Ms. Yvette..

We all howled with laughter...

II-

 Both Wallace Peterson and his son , Wally watched the trial intently..

"Pinkney has some very good Attorneys defending him....They're younger than you are son, but they are handling themselves better than Attorneys who have been around oh ten or eleven years...They really have that ADA on her heels..." laughed Wallace Peterson.
"Ummmmmm and she's got some fine legs to go with those heels...Myyyyy goodness.."laughed.Wally Peterson.

 "Yes she does....Myyyyyy word..."laughed Wallace Peterson ogling the attractive young ADA..
She was very good too...We may have been keeping her on her toes, but she was keeping us on ours too!

She finally paraded out CSI personell , Medical Examiner  personell out to the jury  and showed them lurid enlarged photos of the crime scene..

It had an effect on the jurors...

By the time she gave her closing argument....

They were split , 7 to convict, 5 to acquit.....She had even flipped one of our jurors....

  Lt. Tragg  had been behaving up until this point, but on the day she made her closing argument...Lt. Tragg snaked his hand up her skirt...Softly and slowly rubbing her legs and palming her behind..He was as red as a beet and had a pleased as punch look on his face...
She discreetly removed his hands from under her skirt and slapped his face, hard!

 "I knew it was too good to last.."I said,laughing...
Ms. Yvette laughed so hard , her head fell on my shoulders....Her body shook, she was laughing so hard...

 Bee Bee
 and Ms. Jade were holding themselves laughing....
 "Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn." said Kahlil
 who was holding Sofia, laughing..
Pinkney, who had been sitting next to Sofia was looking at her shapely ,sexy legs and thinking about doing the same thing...He was glad he didn't...especially with her boyfriend sitting on the other side of her..

 "What the hell was that? You don't know me and we are in public...Keep your hands to yourself Lieutenant." said ADA  Cole.
 "I'm very sorry Mandy...How about we go out for drinks?" asked Lt. Tragg..


"How bout we not? Not while this trial is continuing." she said and walked away as court adjourned..

III-


In two days , it would be our turn....The first time we were starting our defense from a position of losing...but we had a good defense and a pretty decent plan.

Back at our apartments..

 Bee Bee took that long hot bath she was talking about all day..So did Sofia.... and then went to bed alone in their apartments..
 I took a long hot shower myself and went to sleep in my apartment...It was 11:00 pm...

11:45 pm...I was awakened from a peaceful sleep by a knock on my door.. I went to the door..

Bee Bee was there with a Night gown on that came to her hips and was very sheer....My eyes nearly popped out of my head..I didn't expect her to come over..
 "I can't sleep Hot stuff..I need to unwind..Do you mind if I spend the night with you?" she asked..
 I suddenly had a huge erection...Which she noticed...She giggled....

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu….Look at you! Ouuuuuuuuuu! My goodness, Are you always like that" she said..and giggled...

I motioned for her to come in...I closed the door..


"I need to unwind myself." I said.
 "I guess YOU DO..Ouuuu look at that thing....WOW!"she said as she walked straight to my bedroom.....She stared at me again...

"WOW!" she said and laughed...
 "Mmmmmmmm..Thank You Hot Stuff! I've missed you.." she said..kissing me softly.....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you're welcome...I've missed you too, ummmmmmmmmmmmmm" I said..

"I can imagine...I didn't want you to explode..All that backed up uh passion." she said and laughed..




"Ouuuuuuuu you're as hard as a brick!!!...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh my godddd! Was I getting you like this in law school?" she moaned as I entered her softly..

''All the time." I said.

"I never noticed...I sure wish you had said something....I didn't bite.." she said.

"Damnnn girl, I was wondering when we were going to do it again.." I said..

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I was just tired that's all...but we have two days until we mount our defense.." she said.

"I just want to mount you right now.." I said..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu yessssssssssssssssssssss...please do....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she cooed
 We began making sweet love on top of the bed, We didn't bother to get under any covers..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPH!" I moaned..

"Ouuuu weee...Ouuuu weee...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she cooed.

The Bed was squeaking out of control...the headboard felt like it was about to come off..
 12:00 midnight...Sofia walked down the hall and knocked softly on Kahlil's door..

"Hola Papi....I'm lonely and I'm horny...you feel like some company?" she asked.
 "Is that a trick question?" asked Kahlil..

They both laughed.
 He had her undressed and had her on top of him, riding him like a surfer rides a wave within minutes..

"Ouuuuuu Papi, I couldn't sleep.." she said..

"I couldn't sleep either...I was getting ready to come down there.." he said..

"Ummmmmmmmmmm, thank you for letting me stay..." she moaned..



"Anytime." he said..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Papi, you were ready...." she said softly...

"Yes indeed.." he moaned..
as they made sweet love....just like us...On top of the bed....

At Gary Lockwood's house...

 "I'm really surprised to see you...You guys have really been working hard on this case..." said Gary..


 "We have...We begin our defense in two days...We have tomorrow off, Sooo I figured I'd spend a little time with my favorite guy." said Yvette.
 "Well ,I'm glad to see you...I've missed you." said Gary..

"I've missed you too." laughed Yvette..
 She and Gary kissed passionately...
 "Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you feel so good Gary..."Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.Let's make up for lost time." she cooed softly...
 Gary kissed her and slowly slipped her panties down and off..
 They stood nude in the middle of his bedroom , while Yvette kissed him and softly fondled his now hugely erect penis..\

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, look at this thing.....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she marveled..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." he moaned..
within minutes they were in his bed, making sweet love....bed springs squeaking, headboard rattling...

''Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.." he moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Gary..." she cooed.








IV-



TWO DAYS LATER-

We began our defense of  Pinkney Bach...

 He sat looking more contrite than ever...
Yvette gave a brilliant opening argument...She was as skilled a storyteller as any attorney I had ever had the pleasure to work with..For a minute I was reminded of how attracted to her I was when I first met her and we began working together...


According to Kahlil, Her opening argument alone, flipped the jury 8-4 our way..8 to acquit, 2 unsure and 2 to convict.

 Wallace Peterson Sr. was surprised to be called to the stand..
 ''Mr. Peterson...Were you having a relationship with your para-legal Ms. Susan Goode?" asked Yvette and remember, you are under oath." asked Yvette...

"Uh this is highly irregular." he said. shocked that his affair was known..
 "If the cat has your tongue, here are copies of documents found in the desk of the deceased, Brad Tallinger...Her condo is in your name, The 2020 Tesla she drives is also in your name...
I showed photos taken of the two in his downtown condo...

"You did in fact have a relationship with Ms. Goode, still do and Brad Tallinger knew about it..."I said.

"Your Honor, I object...What does this have to do with our case?" said ADA Coles.
"I'm assuming there is a point you wish to make counselor...Do so and move on."said Judge Wong..
"These are Bank statements from two accounts in the Caymen Islands, One belonging to your son, Wally and another belonging to Ms. Goode...The two of them had been embezzling funds from your company for close to a year ,according to these financial reports.Apparently Brad Tallinger also knew about this and was blackmailing your son..." said Yvette..

 Wallace Peterson was genuinely shocked...

"Yes..I was having an affair with Ms. Goode..I was madly in love with her...I knew my son had designs on her, but she told me that she didn't take him seriously...Apparently she lied to me.." he said, nearly in tears...and shaking..

"I didn't know Mr. Tallinger knew about any of this...I didn't kill him, I swear." he said.
 "Oh I know...According to the statement you gave Lt. Tragg, you were returning from a business trip the night of the murder....Your wife and several other people confirmed that...No further questions." said Yvette..

"We are establishing motive, which our client did not have!" said Yvette.
 Sofia called Wally Peterson Jr.  He looked extremely nervous as he came to the stand and angry at the same time that his embezzlement and affair with Susan Goode had been exposed.

"You were being blackmailed by Brad Tallinger weren't you?" asked Sofia.
"Yes... Yes I was.." he said angrily, tears running down his face..

 "According to these emails, Mr. Tallinger made it known to you that he knew and that he didn't want money...He wanted influence...He wanted to be made a partner...He wanted you to talk to your father and he wanted a bigger office... "said Yvette..
 "You hated him didn't you...As much as my client did and when they had that fight...You saw a way to get rid of him and have a fall guy didn't you?" asked Kahlil..
''Wait a minute...Wait a minute...I did hate him....but I didn't kill him..The video from the building shows that I left the office, not long after Pinkney did...at 11:40 and I got in my car and never returned.." said Wally defiantly..

 He was right, He left the building at 11:40, ten minutes after Pinkney left and got in his car and left...Then Pinkney returned , a little before 12:00 and found the dead body of Brad Tallinger.

"You did leave and in fact...You never called Brad, telling him to come down to the office did you?" I asked.

 "No, I did not!" said Wally Peterson.
"No further questions." I said.
 Yvette called Susan Goode to the stand..
 She was forced to admit that she was carrying on an affair with Father and son and that both were giving her expensive gifts and money...
Bee Bee said- "You knew that Brad was blackmailing Wally didn't you? and you felt that your good thing was being threatened...everything you had, your job and your perks..."said Bee Bee.

 "No....No... I was letting Wally handle Brad.." she said.
"You see, we were saw my client come in the building at 11:55 pm and find the dead body of Brad Tallinger..and we know he hastily left through the backdoor... Nobody was looking FOR YOU!  You entered the building at 11:25 pm....and it's YOU quietly slipping out at 12:10 pm...It was YOU who called Brad and lured him to the office...He would have never come because of Wally..he detested him, but you lured him there....and you shot him and you slipped out, knowing that Pinkney was on his way back." said Yvette..

 "You can't prove any of that." she laughed..

 I pulled the 50 inch monitor out...

"Here is the time stamped photo of you entering that night at 11:25....I don't know where you were in all of that time..but there is Pinkney leaving to go to the coffee shop...and there is Wally leaving at 11:40 and pulling off in his car." I said.
 "Here is Pinkney returning at 11:55 pm ...By then you had shot and killed Brad Talinger...He finds the body and while he is running down the backsteps and turning on the alarm...Here is you walking out at 12:10... A Fact you failed to tell Lt. Tragg...In fact you lied and said you hadn't been in the building at all...It's in the police report."said Sofia.
 "You called his phone....You used the burner phone Wally gave you....If you go in your purse and we check your phone records...You'll find that you made a call to Brad on the night he died at 11:10 pm...and he raced there..."said Bee Bee..
"Did you promise him sex?" asked Kahlil..
 "I OBJECT!" said ADA Coles.
 "SUSTAINED....Watch it counselor.."said the Judge..
"I withdraw the question."said Kahlil..

Jade passed a note to Yvette..
"Finally , our last bit of evidence..


We found this in Pinkney's office...It's your lipstick...It has your fingerprints on it.. It has no business being in Pinkney's office." said Yvette and she closed.



A lot of ADA's would have dropped charges , saying in lieu of this new evidence we agree to drop all charges, but ADA Amanda Cole was stubborn to a fault...Amazed that we had presented our entire case in two days and closed, She gave a brilliant closing statement and admonished the jury to still find Pinkney Bach guilty of First Degree Murder..

 TWO HOURS LATER-

The Jury came back with a verdict...

 "This is too soon....I don't have a good feeling about this."said Pinkney...
 Ms. Yvette said nothing...She was stoic..
 So was I..I was worried.. ADA Cole was good..Very good I had to admit...
 Bee Bee was taking this personally, She had to win...I could see it in her face...She needed a win over this woman for some reason..
 So Did Sofia..
Kahlil was the only one of us who appeared to be cool and calm..
He and Ms. Jade..
"Baliff, pass me the verdict." said Judge Wong..

She read it..Her face gave no clue as to what it was..

"Read it." she said.

"THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA VS PINKNEY BACH. ON THE CHARGE OF USE OF AN INSTRUMENT OF CRIME , WE FIND THE DEFENDENT, NOT GUILTY."

'' THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA VS PINKNEY BACH, ON THE CHARGE OF CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER WE FIND THE DEFENDENT, NOT GUILTY."

"THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA VS PINKNEY BACH , ON THE CHARGE OF MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE, WE FIND THE DEFENDENT, NOT GUILTY."

The jury was individually polled...They all said NOT GUILTY!!


 "I applaud the jury for their steadfastness and devotion to detail and facts...You are free to go...Your checks will be distributed to you outside the courtroom...Court is adjourned." she said.

 "Wowwww...I thought I had his conviction in the bag...They were pretty good...The best I've gone up against yet.."said ADA Cole.
 "Forget about them...I know a place we can go for a f ew drinks...Come on."said Lt. Tragg.
 "How did you miss that tube of lipstick at the crime scene??? Ohhhhh!" sighed ADA Cole, who picked up her briefcase and simply walked away, disgusted..
 "That Jade Lee, this time I got her...Obstruction of Justice...Tampering with evidence at a crime scene."said Lt. Tragg, who looked at D.A.'s investigator, Gary Lockwood.


 Gary was paying him no mind...He had Ms. Yvette in a corner, kissing her passionately..

 "Ohhhhh Get a room!" he growled..
 "That's exactly what I had in mind Lieutenant." said Gary..
.Yvette giggled...as she and Gary left together....


Pinkney was glad to be free, exonerated...A little sad...He wanted to be holding Ms. Yvette in his arms, kissing her..

The five of us didn't stick around...We got out of there as soon as court was adjourned..
 Ms. Jade had recanvassed the crime scene and had discovered the lipstick ...She turned it over to the M.E.'s office, who did an analysis and got the fingerprints and DNA off of it...She got Susan Goode's DNA and prints off of a drinking glass for the comparison and she dutifully turned this over to the police and it was placed in discovery...If Lt. Tragg ever tried to arrest her , he would have a hard time proving obstruction of justice...Instead, he'd have to answer why he didn't look at discovery, the morning of the trial?
 "Come on...Let's get out of here." I said.
 "Let's go back to your room and make love."whispered Bee Bee..
 "Papi, let's make up for lost time back at your apartment.."said Sofia.
"No problem "said Kahlil..

 We left in the nick of time...Once again, The Press was letting Lt. Tragg have it about another false arrest..
and he was angrilly fending off "disrespectful "questions..

When a reporter asked him if he could use some lipstick? followed by laughter...He exploded in rage..

Somethings never changed.

EPILOUGE-

 Pinkney Bach, newly acquitted was welcomed back to his job with open arms...
 Susan Goode was arrested and convicted of 2nd degree Murder and sentenced to 15-30 years.
 Wallace Peterson  forgave his son...well sort of!
Wally returned all of the money he and Susan embezzled.. He emptied out both Caymen Island accounts...He also returned to the law firm, but at a lesser role.. His Father barely speaks to him...

 We had been talking about it for awhile...We all took some vacation time and got together and rented an Ocean Front Air BNB at the shore...It was huge...Had enough rooms for all of us and then some..
It was big enough to accomodate all of us..and had a huge kitchen and lounging area.

We went down in two buses....

We all hadn't gone away to handle a case in a long time...So this was nice..

 ''This place is huge and sooo nice.."said Ms. Yvette.
 "I spotted a market just down the road...I'm going to rent a car ,so we can get get back and forth..No need in pulling these buses out all the time." said Gary.
 "Yeah we can go and buy some groceries.."I said..
 "It's going to take a lot to feed this bunch."laughed Bee Bee.
 "We haven't been out of town on a big case in awhile...This is even nicer."said Sofia..
 "Yup, no case for awhile and we can all hang out." said Kahlil..
 "Yes...Just relax."said Jade..
"Lieutenant Tragg is going to be losing his mind for two weeks..No sign of any of you guys...He was angry and wanted to charge you with Obstruction of Justice and tampering with a crime scene Jade..Maybe he'll have cooled off  by the next time he sees you."said Danny Ho.

 "I'll defend you for free Jade..He has no case...He's tried to accuse all of us with that."said Olivia.
 "If he did a better job of investigating, he wouldn't have to resort to pettiness."said Donnie Ray.
 Kayla and Beverly weren't paying attention to our conversation at all..They were busy unpacking and preparing the rooms they picked..

Along with Josie, Bee Bee and Sofia..




 Nelson
 and Kayla's husband Gary were busy ogling the bathing suits and lingerie their wives had purchased for the occassion.
 Josie
and Paris just leaned into each other and stared out the windows at the beachfront..

 "So this is what we've been missing the entire time we've been at home while you guys were off around the country."laughed Jazzy...
 ''Well, we are here now.."laughed Dabnis..
 "We were so lucky we were able to co-ordinate a two week vacation at the same time...I would have hated to miss this."said Jessica Sanchez- Burrows..
"Yeah, Me too.." said Chip...









For the next two weeks no one talked about law or cases or Philadelphia..We all enjoyed, good food, good conversation, good music and good friends!


FOR MONIQUE!






No comments: