Thursday, November 5, 2020

The Last Con


 PHILADELPHIA COMMON PLEAS COURTROOM C-


It was a familliar scene...Judge Reynolds in court on a Thursday Morning...A Bail Hearing.. Even seeing us...
Ms. Yvette, who he couldn't seem to take his eyes off this morning...

Lawd today that's a fine woman! , he mused to himself.


and our client, One time ADA Brittany Hughes, charged with first degree murder.. piggy backed by us, Attorney Beatrice "Bee Bee" Evans
who the judge also noticed....


LAWD THAT GIRL HAS SOME CURVES ON HER! he mused...
Attorney Sofia Garcia..

"Ummmph ,lawd, the legs and hips on this one...whoooooooo!" he thought to himself..

And Attorney Kahlil Ahmed and myself, Attorney Keith Jones...
He remembered Assistant District Attorney Brittany Hughes...She had practiced in his courtroom...He thought she was a fine attorney...He was so sorry to see her on trial for Murder in the first degree..He had really liked her...A Nice young woman...

Then he peered angrilly over at the arresting officer
Lt. Tragg, the same Lt. Tragg who had arrested him twice  and charged him with First degree murder...Two trials in which he not only was vindicated, but the correct killer was identified..If Lt. Tragg arrested this poor girl, he was certain she was innocent, he mused...

and poor ADA Cal McCafferty, who hated having to try a case that had anything to do with Lt. Tragg stood by... He too liked Brittany Hughes and found it hard to believe she was capable of Murder...but the case and the facts were before him...

Never the less he surprised us...

"Your honor, despite the heinious crime this young lady is accused of...I do not believe she is a flight risk....She is after all a former officer of this court and we all know her ..I hope she does not betray my faith in her charactor, but if it pleases the court....The people have no opposition to Ms. Hughes being granted bail at this time he said..

"Alright then....Bail is set at $1600.00 dollars." said Judge Reynolds..


Attorney James Hughes, Brittany's father laughed at the low bail...He quickly wrote a check for $160.00 dollars  and Brittany was a free woman..


"Oh Thank You daddy!" said Brittany, hugging her father

"And thank you too baby." she said, hugging her boyfriend...


"Come on...I'm going to take you guys out to lunch....Your legal team too!"said James Hughes..


"Ohh Thank you.." said Ms. Yvette...
"Thank You!" I said, although we really hadn't done anything yet...

"That is soooo nice...Thank you." said Bee Bee
"Thank you!" said Sofia.
''And to think....I had an argument all set up."joked Kahlil, glad he didn't have to use it.
Jade had just joined us and was told we were being taken to lunch....She smiled.. She had ben investigating this case, questioning people looking at the autopsy reports and the police report..I could tell by the way she was looking at us that she had some information...At least I hoped she did.
Lt. Tragg watched the entire scene play out....He was angry that Brittany was sleeping with Lonzo, who he hated only a little less than 


Dabnis Coley and 


B.L. Benz...and just befuddled that Brittany's father could go along with this asw well as embrace us.

II-

To Our surprise, he took us to a restaurant in the Northern Liberties section where both Bee Bee and Sofia hailed from..


We had Big fries and Big juicy burgers with cheese and bacon...
"Ummmmmm this food is delish.." cooed Bee Bee..
"I didn't know this place was here....We have to start going back to the old neighborhood girl.."said Sofia..
''What used to be here?" asked Bee Bee.
"That nasty old hole in the wall bar, "Gringos" said Sofia..

"You guys didn't live too far from here...Just a few blocks over.."I said munching on my bacon cheeseburger..
"Ummmmmmm this is soooo good!" said Kahlil.
"This is soooo nice...So different from Sam Mother's and being brow beaten by old Lt. Tragg."sighed Brittany...


"Don't mention his name....It was all I could do not to knock him into next week when he came to the apartment.."said Lonzo..

"Temper Temper...We don't want you getting into any more trouble..Just be cool..You have good lawyers,let them handle this."said Jim Hughes..
"I appreciate your faith in us..."said Ms. Yvette as she munched on her burger and fries...


"I went over to the M.E.'s office...I looked at the Autopsy report....The Cyanide was in the champaigne. It was injected by a syringe...a large dosage...If he took a swig...It was already in him, a massive dosage..He then downed a glass, a whole glass...He was dying already and didn't realize it...

The champaigne was paid for by  Rennie Horton's credit card...But she doesn't live there...He obviously took the bottle from her apartment to his...Somebody tampered with that bottle in between the two residences and it could have been any one of  his two partners..

The good news...Brittany's fingerprints and DNA are not on the bottle and not on the glass he poured for her..Only his."said Jade.


"But they'll say you didn't drink it because you knew it was loaded with cyanide."said Lonzo..

"Truth is...I didn't know and I was getting ready to drink that glass of champaigne...I would be just as dead as Johnny right now...It's chilling when you think about it."said Brittany..
"Yeahhhhhhhhh it is...Makes me wonder.." I said.


"If that was meant for both of you." said Sofia..

"He was planning to marry you Britt...He had gotten you an engagement ring...He had informed his partners that this was the last con.. "said Bee Bee..
"Yeah, but they had made millions....His breaking the gang up wasn't that cataclysmic...was it?" asked Kahlil.

"Jade, look into Mark Long and Rennie Horton...I want to know everything...Their criminal records, other associates, the works and find out where that bottle was purchased and eveywhere it was before it wound up in Johnny Country Boy Casik's refrigerator." said Ms. Yvette.
"I'm on it Ms. Yvette."said Jade.

"I like the way these guys work." said James Hughes with a smile.


as we continued munching on our bacon cheese burgers and big fries.


III-

SOME HOURS LATER-
Yvette was getting off the elevator in her building, preparing to go home...


''Well Hello mister." said Yvette with a big smile..

"Heyyyyy, where are the troops?" he asked , noticing that 




Bee Bee, Myself, Sofia and Kahlil were not around and neither was 

Jade for that matter..

"The kids are home ...probably preparing for the preliminaries in two days or screwing each others brains out..."laughed Yvette...and Jade is out doing some investigating on this case."said Yvette.

"You were uh gonna go home tonight huh?" asked Gary...

"Yeah, aren't you tired of me?" asked Yvette jokingly....
"No!   I never get tired of you." said Gary...
"Awwwwwwwwwww" said Yvette who turned and kissed Gary slowly and softly.
"You can come over, under two conditions.." she said as they continued to kiss..

"Anything.."said Gary..


''We stop by your place and get a change of clothes..I want you to spend the night and you take me out to dinner.." said Yvette..
"DONE!!!!" said Gary....
They kissed slowly again for a few minutes...


After leaving Gary's house....Yvette and Gary wound up in Curley's Bar

They both had a New York Strip steak


and a Baked Potato....
"Thank you Gary....It's so nice to have a nice dinner with just you and me..Like this..."said Gary..


"How far we've come from a few years ago when you would have said you just want to have a night alone..."said Gary softly..
"I've had enough nights alone...I like your arms around me...holding me..."said Yvette, smiling softly...

Unfortunately, their peace was interrupted by Lt. Tragg., who walked over to their table..

"Evening...I would like a word with your investigator, JADE LEE!" he bellowed.
"Why?" sighed Yvette...

"She has been questioning people I have already questioned and then some people I had yet to question..She already has copies of the Autopsy report and the Police report....She's very close to being charged with Obstruction of Justice...Interfering with an officer while doing his duty.."said Lt. Tragg.

"She's a licensed investigator...She's doing her job...Why do I have to keep explaining that to you? I'm defending Brittany...I need to know facts in order to defend her.."said Yvette.

"FACT IS...SHE'S GUILTY!" said Lt. Tragg..

''A court of law will decide that..Good evening Lieutenant." said Yvette softly..

"I paid the bill...Come on...Let's go." said Gary, not saying anything at all to Lt. Tragg..

IV-
Nightfall came..


Yvette was home for the first time in three days...She had spent the past three days at Gary's house...

"You have a nice house Vettie...I like it..."said Gary..looking around...It has as many floors as my house...

"Yeah I like it too...I should have bought a house years ago...What I like most about it ,is I'm so close to Liv and Bev and the guys, 








Jessica and Chip, 





Kayla and Ray 



and Dabnis and Jazzy" said Yvette


speaking of her neighbors...

"Yeah this is like a lawyers row!" laughed Gary , who put his arms around Yvette and kissed her passionately..
"Ummmmmmmmmmm, ouuuuuuuuuu Gary..Ummmmmmm." she moaned...

"I've been wanting to do that all day.." he said.

"There must be a full moon out this week...You've been mighty randy here of late.." laughed Yvette...

as they continued kissing and Yvette closed and locked the door behind them....

Gary followed her into her bedroom and watched as she undressed...She sat on the side of the bed...

"Vettie, would you marry me? I'll get you an engagement ring...but I'd like for us to get married...I'm thinking of selling my house soon and I'd like to move in here with you...I like being around all of our friends too..but mostly I like being around you ,all the time..."said Gary...


''Are you serious? You want to marry me? For Real??/" she asked.
"I've never been more serious.Yes, I want to wake up to you every morning.."said Gary...


"OUUUUU YESSS, YESSSS...YESSSS I'LL MARRY YOU!" she said, tears flowing down her face..


She took her bra off and slipped her panties down and jumped into Gary's arms...He had already taken his clothes off and was entering Yvette with wild abandon...

"Ouuuuuuuu if you wanted to get me turned on...You have!!!!....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!" she squealed.as they stood in the corner of her bedroom and made crazy love for about ONE HOUR!

She had wondered if she'd ever get married or be in a sort of dating holding pattern...Olivia was married, Sharon was married..She was the last of her law school friends...She was ready to get married..

Gary bent Yvette over her night stand and plowed into her doggie style..
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!" Yvette screamed as Gary showed no signs of stopping..

"OHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY GODDDDDD GARY!" she moaned..

"OHHHHHHHHHHH VETTIE, YOU ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!LAWWWWWWD!" he howled..

They were sitting on the side of the bed kissing, practically slobbering all over each other while Yvette rode Gary, moving up and down with wild abandon....Another TWO TO THREE HOURS went by...

Yvette had had three to four orgasms...and was crying a combonation of tears of joy and tears of satisfaction...

Before they spent the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS in bed, making slow ,tender love...

"UMMMMMMMMM I LOVE YOU!" whispered Yvette, whose legs were shaking....

"OHHHH MY GOD!!! OHHHHH MY GOD!!! OUUUUUUUU HOO HOO HOOOO!" she was cooing as she experienced an intense orgasm!

"I LOVE YOU TOO VETTIE.." whispered Gary....cumming like a gusher....his entire body trembling...


He lie in between her legs, still shaking as she rubbed his head softly and held him....

They continued kissing...


Gary entered Yvette again...Neither of them was going to be on time for work this morning....

"OUUUUUUUUUUU GARRRRRRY!" she moaned as her bed began to squeak loudly...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH VETTTIE!" he moaned.....


 

 And a few blocks away...

We were sitting in Food Corner...

"Something just hit me.."said Bee Bee.. "That girl, Rennie...She was Johnny's girlfriend....Wonder if she knew that Britt was more than just a Mark..That he was planning to give up the con man life and marry her? He gave her a real ring.."said Bee Bee..
"Oh they do that all the time...That was the scam..make a woman fall in love, hopelessly in love and then take her for her money...Rennie shows up, the angry girlfriend and the other woman runs off."said Sofia.


"Yeah but this was different....He didn't propose to any of those other women that Jade talked to...and that was a real ring...Plus...Rennie wasn't in on this scam..It was just Mark Long and Johnny..."said Kahlil.

"Really?" asked Sofia.

"Yeah...She wasted a brand new bottle of champaigne on that jerk and he was planning to get married to someone else...She even bought two tickets to Hawaii." I said.
"WHAT?" asked Bee Bee

"Yeah Jade told me she bought two tickets to Hawaii for the two of them...She didn't know that he had bought two tickets to the Bahamas and that he had talked to a wedding planner and a caterer about a destination wedding..." I said.

"What a jerk!" said Sofia.


"I know who the killer is!" said Bee Bee ecstatically..


(CONCLUSION NEXT!)


No comments: