Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Dak


 Beverly and I went back to Kay Norman's apartment complex....




We'd  talked to over 100 people...100 people who knew her, who lived with her and who had worked with her.

They all told me of her movements in the days in which Beverly and Josie had given her a subpeona



and her untimely demise...


in a watery grave....


According to her credit card records...She was right under our nose...She dined and partied at the Mermaid Crabhouse at least three nights a week..


and put in appearences at STOLEY'S LOUNGE

AQUA BAR


and MULBERRY STREET, the night after the verdict in the trial.

Her credit card and debit card records gave us a day to day update on her night time whereabouts...

She was always among us...Didn't appear to have ever left town..But refused to show up at the trial to testify.

We next went to her law firm, which ironically is the same law firm that out good friend, Dabnis Coley works at..



"Heyyyy guys...Glad to see you....Yeah Kay was here all last week...She and I had a litigation that we worked on until Thursday..I had no idea she was a witness in that Ellery Hammner case you guys were working on.."said Dabnis.


"Did you ever see him in here?" I asked.

"Yeah....lots of times...She was his lawyer....His wife was here a lot too...I found it odd that they shared the same lawyer and she was thinking of using her for divorce."said Dabnis..


"So she drew up divorce papers?" said Beverly...

"No..Funny thing...at the last minute she changed her mind..Decided not to go through with it.."said Dabnis.

"You wouldn't know why would you?" I asked..

"Nah!"said Dabnis..

"Thanks Dabnis..." I said as Beverly and I left.

''Donnie Ray..This woman...She's a Lawyer, just like me and Auntay...We know what a Subpeona is..She knows that to ignore or outright defy a subpeona could get her censored and possibly jailed ane possibly disbarred...I think she was scared....Somebody didn't want her to testify to be Ellery's alibi." said Beverly.

"Let's swing back by her apartment complex." I said..


We went back to her complex....


I found two phones there..

"Two phones...That's not odd Donnie Ray...Auntay and I have two phones...One is our business phone and another one is probably her personal phone..

We both had on Latex Gloves and we both went through her phones...We were matching the phone calls with her last few days of life and writing them down...A lot of the calls matched people we had talked to..Friends, Family members,Clients, Associates but one name stood out on both phones..Frank Barber.

"This Frank Barber?, who is he? He's on your phone and mine!" asked  Beverly.

"He's a guy that Ellery drank with....He drives a truck that carries Hair supplies.. He's missing too..."I said.


"He called her six or seven times the night she died..in succession...Maybe he was trying to warn her..of something." said Beverly...


"There is another call we share in common...A Dak Alexander....he called at 1:00 am..." I said.

"He made three calls on my phone..10:12 pm, Midnight and 12:30 am.. A relative of yours?" asked Beverly, laughing..
"No , but I'm gonna get to know him...Come on Shortcake...let's get out of here.." I said.

II-


At home....

"We are building something here..This is going to be fresh and completely new..Like we are a new set of attorneys."said Olivia, whose enthusiasm was making Nelson and Josie feel a little better about having taken part in a trial that had two hung juries..
"We need  those alibi witnesses...,They would make this a whole lot easier."said Nelson..
"Let's face 

Olivia, Nelson and Josie spent all day in our own well stocked law library


and studying street cams and traffic cams



before returning to our conference room//


Olivia was building an entirely different defense strategy and structuring our argument differently since it appeared we;d be going back into this trial without an alibi witness.. One witness, Kay Norman had been murdered herself and the other, Frank Barber was missing in action..

Beverly walked in...She hugged and kissed her beloved Aunt and Her mother..

"Hi Auntay, Hi Mommy." she said..
"Hey Neicey Poo!" said Olivia.
"Heyy baby!"said Alfreda..
"We know that she got two phone callers who called a lot during the last hours of her life..The mysterious and missing Frank Barber, who we can't find.. I'm going to assume he's still alive and a Dak Alexander, who I don't know yet...but I'm going to find..." I said..

I kissed Olivia softly.....She held me a little longer and kissed me slower...
She smiled at me and stared deeply into my eyes...but said nothing...



Nelson hadn't seen Beverly all day...He put his arms around her and kissed her passionately...

"Honey Bun.." he said to her..


The two of them kissed passionately...
Beverly loved his nickname for her, Honey Bun...and she placed herself on his lap and continued..

to kiss him passionately...

"Hiiii Husbannnnddd!" she said to him softly....

"Well I'm calling it a day...See you good people tomorrow!" laughed Alfreda...

"I'm sleeping in my own bed tonight...See you guys tomorrow morning." said Josie..

Olivia smiled at me and motioned to the stairs

"I need you...Come with me.." she whispered... I knew what that meant!!!

Didn't have to tell me twice.

We hurried upstairs to our floor,,,,,


Within minutes we were upstairs...and our clothes were off..

and we were on the side of the bed making crazy love...

"Ummmmmmm I missed you today...all day.." she cooed.

"I missed you too..." I said..

"Ummmmmmm I seee...and I ohhhhhhhhh my goodness...I can feel it...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu
ummmmmmmmmmmmm, oh my god..." she cooed as she moved up and down on me and the bed 
moved under the weight of our bodies...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM you feel soooo goood" moaned Olivia..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so do you....." I moaned as she moved up and down on me...


"OUUUUU HUSBAND!" moaned Olivia...as we slammed up against the wall...and I plowed deep inside of her...
The next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS was simply mind blowing..

"OUUUUUUUUUU DONNIE RAY, YOU ARE JUST SHOWING OFF!" Olivia said, gasping for air..





Downstairs...Beverly and Nelson finally made it to their domicile..






The kissing continued...Beverly unhooked and slipped off her bra  and slipped out of her panties...


Nelson had never seen this set before..

"Ouuuuuuuuuu I like these honey bun." he said.

"Do I have a pair or set you don't like?" she asked, laughing..

"I don't believe you do.." he said..

"I figured as much ." she said..

"Smart Ass." he laughed..

"You love it." she said..

"I surely do." he remarked..

He lifted her petite body up and plowed into her.....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HUSSSSSSSSSBAND....OHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYY GODDDD!" she moaned..

"OHHHHHH HONEY BUN, YOU ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!" he moaned as he moved in and out..

"OUU HOO OUUU HOOOOOO OUUUUUU HOOOOO HOOO HOOO HOOOO...OH MAH LAWD!!
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH NELSON....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed..

Soon they were sitting on the side of the bed and she was shaking violently......

"OHHHHHHHHH TAKE IT ALLL, TAKE AS MUCH AS YOU WANT!!!!
OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned..


and they wasted no time getting in bed and making sweet love...

"OUUUUUUUU HONEY BUN!"

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HUSSSSBAND!" cooed Beverly..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, oh may goddddddd Nelson....WOUUUUUUUUU!"moaned Beverly...

"OHHHHHHHHHH!" moaned Nelson...

FOR THEM , THE NEXT EIGHT TO NINE HOURS WAS MIND BLOWING ALSO!

The girls were very upset and emotional about the way these two trials had turned out...and Nelson and I were the recipients of some of the best sex of our lives.

III-


The next morning after breakfast...We were all in the conference room again..

Ellery once again spent his day with us...With us, his attorneys he was safe and couldn't be accused or arrested for anything else...We were his alibi, just as we'd been for the Kay Norman murder, which he surely would have been blamed for and re-arrested..

"I hope Lt. Jack Ass didn't give you guys too much trouble.." said Ellery ,who despised Lt. Tragg. Most of the people he arrested did.
"We didn't see him yesterday...But I'm sure he'll be around today...My Husband and my niece questioned a number of people and went to her apartment...as well as her job...and they didn't give me the impression that he'd been around ..but by now he knows they beat him to the punch and he'll drive up here and threaten to arrest them for some trumped up charge...Interfering with a detective while he is doing his duty or some nonsense."said Olivia..
"What?  Is that even a charge? we didn't even see him yesterday..I laughed.
"Relax Donnie Ray..He doesn't have a leg to stand on and he knows it.."said Beverly..

"He tried that with Jade Lee,


 Yvette's investigator.. and they called his bluff...He couldn't do a thing.."said Nelson..

"And he tries to pull that on Kevin


 all the time..You remember how bad that turned out." said Josie.

In our kitchen, ADA Rockland Cambridge , who we hadn't seen in awhile was here, he had our Office manager, Alfreda up against the wall and her blouse wide open..

"OHHHHHHHHH ALFREDA...YOU DRIVE ME CRAZYYY! " moaned Rockland, whose trousers were standing out like a circus tent..

"OUUUUUUUUUUU ! Calm down....Control yourself before somebody walks back here and catches us...I've got dougnuts in the oven.." she said..


As they kissed passionately.....



"You've got something in my oven heated up.."said Rockland in between kisses..




"You're always heated up."Alfreda giggled...
as they continued to kiss....


The doorbell rang..


"Ohhhhh who the hell is that?" said an angry Rockland..



"Probably Lt. Tragg....He wasn't here yesterday.."joked Alfreda, who had closed her blouse and headed toward the door.



"HE JUST COMES BY HERE LIKE THIS?" said a now angry Rockland.

"Cool your jets.."said Alfreda as she left the kitchen...



She placed these on the conference room table...


"And she bakes!" laughed Ellery.....

"My Mommy is a jack of all trades."said Beverly smiling proudly...
"Alfreda if that's the uh great detective at the door...You can let him in." said Olivia..


Alfreda sighed..

"Okay." she said.

"I know how you feel."sighed Josie..


"Yeah I know." said Nelson, whose post coital high from the night before was blown..


I sat back and smiled....

Outside, two police cars were faced in opposite directions and Lt. Tragg was ringing our doorbell..

Alfreda let him in without protest...
"Welllll this is two times in one week...How lucky am I Ms. Johnson.."said Lt. Tragg sarcastically..

The two had a mutual disdain for each other..

He walked or rather strutted into our conference room....

"WELLLLLLLLLLLL Olivia and company....Smells good..." he said, 

eyeing the coffee and doughnuts on the table..

"We would offer you some, BUT YOU'RE NOT STAYING THAT LONG!" said Beverly..

Our client, Ellery Hammner let out a howl of laughter..

"She always had a smart mouth like that?" asked Lt. Tragg...

Olivia ignored his question...

"What is it you want Lieutenant?" she asked...


"Your Husband and your niece apparently did a little snooping around yesterday, talking to people  involved with Kay Norman...I take it you found out little more than I did.." remarked Lt. Tragg..

''Which was nothing!"I said.   That wasn't true...We had another person of interest....but I didn't want to tell him that...

"That's ughhh right, So a word to the wise...I'm the detective here....Allow me to solve this homicide...Not you..You just worry about defending your guilty client there.." he said..

"Duly Noted." I said..

''And Now Lieutenant.....You were leaving?" said Olivia.



"Good day counselors.."said Lt. Tragg..

"It will be now." said Beverly...
"Beverly!!"said Nelson.
Josie giggled.

Olivia let him out...



Alfreda and Rockland were in the kitchen kissing...

passionately...

"DAK!! Dak Alexander.....You know him? I asked Ellery.

At the mention of his name, Ellery's entire demeaner changed....He looked frightened......

"He's a Psychopath....A Very dangerous man....Kay represented him....She got him off of a murder rap....He met my wife at the time...We were quarreling...She had accused me of one of my many infidelities..I was guilty...I stormed out of the office...

Unknown to me at the time...They developed a courtship....Elena did it to get back at me.." said Ellery.

"Was it a sexual relationship?" asked Olivia.

"YES..Highly sexual.."

"They met in several hotels to make love.. but for her , it was just to hurt me... I had a Private Investigator follow her...This is all confirmed...I can give you his name...

She tried to break it off with him...but he was smitten...Bouquets of Roses came to our office and to our home..

We were about to get a divorce...but right before she died..We reconciled and she dismissed the divorce precedings.. He was furious...We'd catch him outside of our residence, just watching us...

We filed restraining orders against him...but he ignored them...He was arrested for violating one..He threatened to kill me once...It was a phone message...I  ignored it...

On the day she died... Elena's car was in the shop....She borrowed mine....we had uh made love in the car the night before...My trousers, my boxers and the belt were in the back seat..

as well as her purple bra as has been documented....If he found her...everything he needed to kill her was right there...speaking of my belt." said Ellery...

"I wish we had known about him and this during the first trial."said Nelson..
"Yeah, we wouldn't have needed a second trial."said Beverly..

"Or worse....A Third Trial."said Josie..
 


 IV-
The Bar wasn't bad...a nice neighborhood bar...Not in our neighborhood though...

Olivia sat in the bar ordering drinks..


A Margarita.

and a Beer.

It looked like she was the only Black person in the bar until another Black Man showed up...


He sat down next to Olivia..

"Hey Baby...Can I buy you a drink?" he said.


Olivia smiled  and pointed to a second drink...and hers....

"Cat got your tongue baby?  You're not a regular here..What do you do for a livin?" he asked..


"I'm an Attorney...Like I said...I have a drink..and I'm waiting for somebody..." said Olivia.


"I don't see anybody....Come sit with me.." he said and grabbed her by the arm..

"Sir Take your hands off me.." said Olivia, pulling away from him..

"You heard the lady...Unhand her and beat it." I said..  We were here hoping to spot Dak Alexander...He drank in this bar...I had a subpeona for him...


"This is the fancy dan you was waitin for? " said the man....who hauled off and took a swing at me..Big Mistake on his part..

"JILLY!!! JILLY!! SETTLE DOWN...Leave the man and his date alone..


"I'll leave him alone alright...I'll knock his ass out.." said the man, who swung at me again...I dodged his second punch...but now I'd had enough...

I blocked his next punch and hit him with 15 lefts and 15 rights in his mid-section...which he felt ....he bent over in pain and 15 lefts and 15 rights to his face, which made his face un recognizable and a left right combonation, which dropped him for the night...

" CRIMMINY... I never seen nobody tie fire to Jilly's ass like that."said one bartender,,

"Me neither...You handle yourself well fella...You and your lady's drinks are on me.." said another patron who paid for Olivia and I's drinks..

"Thank you.."said Olivia..


I asked the Bartender...

''Do you know this guy?" I said and I showed them a mug shot, the only photo I had of Dak Alexander..



"You're a cop aren't you? No wonder you handled yourself so well with Jilly."said the Bartender.  As for Jilly


He  had gotten up off the floor and was sitting in a booth with a nose that was bleeding profusely and a face badly swollen and ribs that were quite painful....

He clearly didn't want anymore of me tonight or at anytime.. He looked and saw wedding bands on both Olivia's hands and mine and ascertained..

"Damn, that was the guy's wife..." he said to another patron..

"I'm a Private Investigator and this is my wife...She's an Attorney..."I said.

Olivia smiled.


"Oh nice ! Dak drinks  here...but we haven't seen him in weeks...nearly a month...That guy you just beat the crap out of works with him...Dak is a gambler...He runs a couple of floating crap games..Jilly is his collector..."said the Bartender.


Jilly walked towards us..

"Hey man...Please accept my apology...I-I had no idea she was your wife...I'm , I'm powerfully sorry.." he said..

His face still swollen, both of eyes nearly closed and and his lip and nose still bleeding...

One of the bar maids passed him a wet towel...

"Keep it.." she said..

"You can do me a favor." I asked.

''What?-What do you want?" he asked.. Very contritely...

"I want him....Where does he live?" I said and showed him Dak's mugshot!


Olivia and I walked toward our car, hand in hand..


"I had hoped to avoid that kind of incident...but at least it got us what we needed." said Olivia.


"Yeah...Let's go home baby....I've got a few moves to make..." I said.


(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments: