Thursday, October 28, 2021

Guns And Roses


THE NEXT DAY-

Olivia and Beverly returned to the office to find a surprise...For the Both of them...


''Alfreda...They're beautiful...Oh My god...but so many...Who are they for?" asked Olivia..
"They are probably for you Auntay...One of your many secret admirers in the court...I see how men drool  over you..."laughed Beverly..

"Men drool over you too, freshie, always smiling and winking during sumnation.."laughed Olivia..

''Uh Uhhhhhhh...No I don't!" laughed Beverly..

''Actually, they are for both of you..They arrived about an hour ago...I put em in vases with cold water.." said Alfreda..




"These White Roses and these Yellow roses are for you Olivia.."said Alfreda..


Olivia read the caption on the note that came with her roses..

"Thank You for many wonderful nights that I could only dream of.."- Your Husband, Donnie Ray Alexander.

Her mouth opened wide and tears just flowed down her cheeks..



There was a vase with Pink and Red roses and another vase with Blue roses...They were Beverly's


She read the note that came with hers...

"You've been the girl of my dreams since the day I first laid eyes on you....Thank you for making my dreams come true."..Your Husband, Nelson Sean East.

 Such a surprising and thoughtful gift brought tears to Beverly's eyes..

Josie and Bresha walked in with lunch...Nelson and I walked in behind them.. Josie's eyes were as wide as saucers...
"OHHHH MY GOD!!! THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL....WHO ARE THEY FOR?" she asked ,looking at all of the roses..

''Both of them....From their hussssbands.... Ummmmmmmmm UMMMMMMMph...It's gonna be hotter than a firecracker in a gas station in those two bedrooms tonight."laughed Alfreda.

Bresha laughed... "You are too much Ms. Alfreda...but you're right...It should be...They are beautiful.."laughed Bresha, looking at the four vases of Roses..

Nelson was greeted by a warm, sloppy sensuous kiss by his wife Beverly..
"Glad you liked them." he said.
"Liked them? I loved them...Our bedroom might be hot in a half hour if we don't have anything else to do today.." she whispered to him..
As they kissed passionately...

Likewise, Olivia and I were in the corner ,kissing passionately..

''Glad you liked them.." I whispered..
"I'm closing the office early., right after lunch...We don't have much else to do...The Preliminary is tomorrow.Our bedroom is going to be steaming.." whispered Olivia in my ear.
still kissing me softly and slowly..

Josie and Bresha looked on and gushed..
"After we have lunch, you wanna go shopping Bree?" asked Josie, smiling sheepishly.
''Sure, I doubt we'll have much to do around here afterwords.."laughed Bresha.

''We leaving early today girls." laughed Alfreda..As she laid our lunches out on the table for us all to eat...

Italian Hoagies for Olivia , Beverly and Bree
Turkey Hoagie for Josie , Nelson  and  Alfreda.
and Sausage and Peppers for me.



In another part of town at the Brownstone belonging to Assistant U.S. Attorney John Stevens..




Armed with a search warrant, Lt. Tragg and Philadelphia Police entered the home of Assistant U.S. Attorney John Stevens.. Special Prosecutor Amanda Garcetti was with him..

"We found it Lieutenant!! It was under the bed just like you said." said a uniformed officer..


"Bring it to me." said Lt. Tragg.


A gun, a .38 smokeless with a silencer was presented to him...

"Bag it and tag it...I want it checked for prints, DNA and a ballistics test run as soon as possible.. I can't believe we missed this the first time we checked this place." said Lt. Tragg.

"I can't believe it either." said Special Prosecutor, Amanda Garcetti
''What? What are you trying to say?" asked Lt. Tragg.
"You sent a team in here who checked this place backwards and forward and they didn't find that gun. I'm sure they looked under the bed.. and then you get an anonymous phone call and today viola! You find a gun with a silencer under his bed , where you can easily find it!  It looks suspicious to me.. His wife is dead...So who else would know that gun is in this house and where it is? I'm asking you these questions Lieutenant because Olivia and Beverly and her whole team will be asking you this." said 
Special Prosecutor Amanda Garcetti...

It was as if she hadn't said a word..


"If this turns out to be the murder weapon....You've got John Stevens on a platter...You can thank me later." said Lt. Tragg ,leaving the house with his men..

Special Prosecutor Amanda Garcetti shook her head in frustration and followed him out..


II-


It had rained.. There was a beautiful rainbow outside..

Olivia had closed the office and sent everyone home after lunch.....

She and I were upstairs...

Kissing passionately....

"Thank you sooooo much for the roses Donnie Ray, they are beautiful..." said Olivia..

"I knew you liked what you saw in Pendelton the other day...I didn't want you to feel like I take you for granted..You're the best thing that has ever happened to me."I said.

"Awwww you're the best thing that's ever happened to me too!" she said..
And we continued kissing passionately.....


I kissed her and helped her unfasten her bra.... I slipped her panties down..




I gasped.....



Olivia laughed... "I take it you like those...huh?" she said..


''OH MY GOD!"I said.,.


Olivia leaped into my arms...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, I like this!" she moaned as I entered her and long stroked her..

"OUUUUUUUUUUU I LIKE THIS!" I said.

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm I KNOWWWWW YOU DO!!!OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed softly..

I sat down on the side of the bed while Olivia moved up and down on me...Kissing me softly...

"UMMMMM OHHHHHHHHH, UMMMMMMMMM!" I moaned..

"MEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW!" Olivia cooed.

and eventually in the bed, where she moved up and down on me, riding me slowly like a surfer rides the great waves.. She was baby soft, smelled good and smothered me with butter soft kisses...I didn't know if I was coming or going..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, UMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" I moaned softly...

"OHHHHHHH DONNIE RAYYYYYY! UMMMMMM!" moaned Olivia..

She wrapped her legs around my waste and we began to move in a slow, yet deliberate rhythm for quite some time...She matched me thrust for thrust and even kissed my shoulder at one point...She was so soft...so moist and smelled so good...I was losing my mind....She was shaking and looking like she was on the verge of crying the entire time....... "OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...OHHH MY GOODNESS...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" she moaned loudly ,obviously not caring who heard us....

"OHHHH MY GOD THIS IS SOOO GOOD!" I moaned...

She kissed me slower and softer, driving me nearly to the edge of my sanity...

and we continued to make sweet, sweet love..


For the next NINE TO TEN HOURS...Olivia and I were engulfed in coital bliss...



And below us in Beverly and Nelson's domicile..




Beverly wasn't kidding when she said that she was going to make it hot for Nelson within minutes after they got up to their floor..

They were undressed in record time..



They were kissing passionately and standing near the door of their bedroom practically slobbering over each other..




Nelson was nearly delirious, liberating Beverly from her bra and panties..

"Ummmmmmmmm baby I told you I was gonna make it hot.." said Beverly...

"YESSSSS, YES YOU DID....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" moaned Nelson

as Beverly kissed him passionately and moved up and down on him..
"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" moaned Nelson..
as Beverly rode him...

"You like it baby? Do you like it?" whispered Beverly....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BABY...I LOVE IT AND YOU!" said Nelson..
and like us...the next NINE TO TEN HOURS, Beverly and Nelson were making sweet love...unconcerned with anybody or anything!



While we we at home making love ,in another part of town, Lt. Tragg was holding a press conference..



"Thanks to an anonymous tip from a good citizen, we located the murder weapon in the double homicides of Sherry Stevens and  Lee Hester under the bed of Assistant U.S. Attorney ,John Stevens today. The gun, a .38 smokeless with a European made silencer that is illegal in this country passed a ballistics test..It is the murder weapon and pretty much a wrap for John Stevens, a brilliant one time prosecutor who went wrong for the oldest reasons..He was caught in a triangle..a love triangle."said Lt. Tragg dramatically.


"Any fingerprints on this weapon?" asked a reporter..


"No...but there was no need for there to be... We found it under his bed in his home.."said Lt. Tragg.

"Soooooo, you guys searched his home from pillar to post a week ago and you found nothing...but this good citizen calls you today and tells you exactly where the gun can be found....Under his bed, waiting for you to find it..Seems to me that if Stevens or whoever went to the trouble of wiping the gun clean of prints...They would have hid the gun better, don't you think? And this anonymous caller , who knows so much just might be the REAL KILLER, stacking the deck against Stevens?" said the Reporter..


"Listen Lou...you're a reporter...You're not a detective.." snarled Lt. Tragg..


"I think I'm a better reporter than you are a detective Artie..and if I'm asking you these questions.




.Olivia and Beverly are going to eat your lunch." said Lou..

The entire room burst into laughter...

Special Prosecutor, Amanda Garcetti wasn't laughing..

"No...They'll be eating MY LUNCH!!  He's an idiot....He should not have had a news conference about evidence..He is such an egomaniac..such a fool.. If Olivia and Beverly are watching this...They are laughing their heads off.." she said.


We weren't..We were at home making love... but at Curley's Bar...Bresha and Tony , Josie and Paris were watching..

''What an ego maniac...He loves to hear himself talk doesn't he?"observed Bresha.
"That Reporter gave you guys great talking points.." said Tony.
"He sure did and I took notes....I imagine the Special Prosecutor is not too happy with him right now." said Josie..
"How did this guy ever make Lieutenant?" asked Paris..


A Question I'm sure was asked by many...

III-

The Car that picked the two of them up was caught on the Street Cam video and on the ATM Camera across the street..

With the sophisticated equipment we had at our law firm, thanks to Kevin Morris and Peeping Tom who helped me order and buy it..I was able to get the license plate number and track the car a few blocks..Judging by the flashes I saw.. Both Lee Hester and Sherry Stevens were shot and killed immediately...As soon as they got in the car..


The Cars owner was Pendelton Investments...It was the type of luxury car they loaned their employees, Brokers, Analysts to use to do business with..Take a client to lunch or for drinks.

It was taken out by a "J. Stevens" and he used a company credit card.....

There was one employee at Pendelton named J. Stevens... His name was Joseph Stevens...He was Black and about Beverly and Nelson's age..He was a Jr. Analyst...

I talked to him.. He didn't have a company credit card and he hadn't leased the car...He left work at 5:00 that afternoon and met up with friends who went to the gym...They worked out and played a few games of Basketball.. They all vouched for him... He then gassed up his car and they stopped at Josie's for drinks.  The staff remembered him...His alibi was air tight.

They did tell me where the company had those cars detailed and gassed up... 

Beverly, Nelson and I paid the detailing shop a visit..

''Wow, this place is huge."said Beverly..
"If their prices aren't too bad..maybe we should contract with this service.." said Nelson.
"It's not a bad idea.." I said.
We walked in and looked around.
We were amazed at the size of the place and the volume of the work done..

A Mechanic walked over to us..

"Can I help you?" he asked..

"I'm Donnie Ray Alexander...I'm An Investigator...These are two of the attorneys I work for...Beverly West -East and Her Husband, Nelson East...We are defending John Stevens on Murder charges." I said.
"You ever see this car?" asked Beverly ,showing the mechanic a photo of the car 
that picked the two people up..

The Mechanic's eyes got as wide as saucers..

"Look, I don't want any trouble.." he said..


"You won't...Unless you don't play ball with us...Then we go to the police.."said Nelson menacingly...


"Look a guy...A Guy who said his name was Jay..Jay Stevens or something...He calls..he says he needs this car completely detailed and steam cleaned...He paid for the car with a company credit card...We do a lot of detailing for them...But he came down here and he duked me 1G to specially clean and detail the car..  I bleached it down and I steam cleaned the insides thoroughly....There was blood on the back seat..A lot of blood...but listen...I didn't ask no questions...I thoroughly detailed the car for him..."

I showed him a photo of the young Black Man, Joseph Stevens...

''Was it him?" I asked..


"Nah....I never seen that guy before in my life...Besides..He was White." said the Mechanic.

Beverly then showed him a photo of our client, John Stevens..

''Was it him?"she asked.


"No...He was a younger white guy...Full head of hair, good looking guy."said the Mechanic. He brought the car in for detailing and then it sat here for almost two weeks before he picked it up...." he said.

"He brought the car in here two days after the couple went missing, then didn't pick it up for nearly a week and a half.. Hmmm." I said.


"Let's see if we can find it." said Nelson.



I got on the phone and I called Olivia.


Olivia , Josie and Bresha found the car in the company parking lot..

"This is the car, this is the car they took their last ride in." said Olivia.
Josie opened the doors and looked inside..

"As clean as a whistle Liv... It has that new car smell.." she said.
"It's been thoroughly detailed....That's why...Companies do this all the time with their vehicles up until a year and then they sell them to a lot and acquire a new car.." said Bresha.



The car was shining and looked brand new..



Lt. Danny Ho of Robbery-Homicide arrived with a CSI team....

"Liv...This car was bleached and steam cleaned thoroughly ..There won't be any prints or DNA whatsoever in this car...Plus it's been nearly three weeks...I'm sure it's been used and detailed since.." he told her..

He was right...There was no DNA or prints on this car that could be used..Then Olivia remembered something.
"Luminol.....If these two were shot in this car, Luminol would show traces of blood wouldn't it? ,It would be hard to hide that completely, wouldn't it?" asked Olivia.


"Olivia, you are correct." said Lt. Danny Ho.

"Luminol  is a chemical that exhibits chemiluminescence, with a blue glow, when mixed with an appropriate oxidizing agent. Luminol is a white-to-pale-yellow crystalline solid that is soluble in most polar organic solvents, but insoluble in water. Forensic investigators use luminol to detect trace amounts of blood at crime scenes, as it reacts with the iron in hemoglobin. Biologists use it in cellular assays to detect copper, iron, cyanides, as well as specific proteins via western blotting. When luminol is sprayed evenly across an area, trace amounts of an activating oxidant make the luminol emit a blue glow that can be seen in a darkened room. The glow only lasts about 30 seconds, but can be documented photographically. The glow is stronger in areas receiving more spray; the intensity of the glow does not indicate the amount of blood or other activator present." he said.



They were all stunned to see the Luminol stains on the backseat and the floor of the car..

"Get your phones out ladies and snap photos of this.. The Luminol image doesn't last that long." said Olivia.
"On it Liv" said Josie.
"Got it Liv." said Bresha.


The three women snapped photos of the Luminol.


"Liv, how did you know so much about Luminol?" asked an amused Lt. Danny Ho.

"You remember that Beverly, Nelson and I were Public Defenders....



well, just like Assistant District Attorneys...We worked hand and hand with the police on a lot of cases." she said.


"You sure did..Ha Ha Ha.."laughed Lt. Danny Ho..

"Thank you so much Danny...." said Olivia.


"Always glad to help." said Danny Ho.





He and his men left the garage..As did Olivia, Josie and Bresha.


Ian Jobim watched as they all left... He wondered what the police and Olivia, Josie and her other Associate Attorney was here for.

IV-



Blue Bar- BAYSIDE, PA.


Ian Jobim sat in the bar downing one drink after another..


He ordered five more..

"Drinking Alone Ian?" asked Josie as she sat next to him..

Beverly said nothing, She quietly sat on the other side of him...

"What are you doing here?" he asked astonished..


"Out for the afternoon...Resting up for the preliminary hearings." said Josie..

"I hear the prosecution has a strong case... They found the murder weapon under his bed...I mean how are you guys going to fight that?" laughed Ian..


"Oh we plan to... It's not his gun after all...The gun was stolen and on an ATF list of stolen street guns..My client doesn't own a gun and said he never saw that gun before.."said Beverly.

Ian laughed...

"Of course he never saw that gun...Of course he'd say that, come on girls."laughed Ian. "What are you drinking?" he asked.

"Mango Martini.." said Josie


''Citris Martini."said Beverly.



The two drinks were ordered..

''Put those drinks on my tab."he said and pulled out his company credit card...


Unknown to him, Nelson was in the back and he looked at the receipt and compared the credit card number to the number on the credit card used to pay for the detailing of the car, Sherry and Lee were in when they met their deaths...It was a match. 


"That gun!  That gun wasn't there two weeks ago when the police swept our client's house..A very efficient team went in that house and searched from pillar to post and they found nothing..Then yesterday, they miraculously find a gun, THE GUN!..." said Josie.

"You know what I think?  I think whoever killed Sherry Stevens and Lee Hester got nervous and tried to stack the deck against our client... They put that gun there..and then called Lt. Tragg ,knowing he'd miraculously find it and go blabbing to the press to further turn the public perception against our  client."said Beverly as she sipped her drink.,

"That's a nice story....I see why you and your auntie are such good lawyers...You're very good with the spin....So who did all this? Wasn't me? You know I've been in Seattle the past three weeks and you saw my plane tickets...Your Auntie and her husband did..

"Don't pretend to be surprised.. Oh I know they came to the office and asked one of the administrative assistants who does my travel voucher for a look at my itinerary and it showed that I went to Seattle on a certain day and caught a red eye to Boston that laid over for two hours and then returned to Philadelphia, one hour after the two lovebirds vanished." laughed Ian..


"Wellllllll that's what you say....but we'd like you to say that in court." said Beverly, who placed the subpeona in his lap.


"Thank you for not running.. I just bought these pantyhose and I really like them, the color offsets my dress and I would have hated to get a run in them." said Beverly...
"Same Here...These are brand new pantyhose...I can remember serving these things and having to run after a person and have ripped several holes in them...As my partner says...Thank you for not running."said Josie.
"No Need for me to run...I have nothing to run for. You know Josie...I'm about 11 years older than you...I remember when you were my student.. I wanted you so bad..I could almost taste you...but I kept my cool...Now you're married...I'm just thinking, If you and I had gotten together how different my life might have been." said Ian.


"You couldn't have taken me home to your mama on the mainline...Imagine the scandal..." said Josie sarcastically..So many guys had told her how she could've changed their lives if only...It no longer impressed her.


Beverly smiled..but didn't say anything..Guys had told her the same things over the years..

"I do what I want." said Ian somberly...


Nelson walked up...

"Hello ladies, everything good?" he asked.


Beverly motioned for Nelson to come closer..


She kissed him softly and slowly...

"It is now." she said..


Bresha walked in...She saw that the subpoena had been served, she smiled.. She whispered in Beverly's ear... She had been out to the airport tonight..She had taken an Uber from the Airport here. Beverly smiled and nodded.

"Thirsty Bree?" asked Beverly...


"I am, come to think of it.."said Bresha..



Beverly ordered another round of drinks..for her, Nelson, Josie and Bresha..
"Thanks bae." said Nelson, grabbing his cold beer.
"Thanks partner." said Josie...Beverly was her very best friend.She grabbed her Mango Martini

"Thanks Bev." said Bree who grabbed her Lemon Martini....






The drinks arrived..


"I have a company credit card too!" she said to Ian and smiled.


Ian smiled, but he tired of this little game they were playing.. He knew they were fishing for something, but they wouldn't get it from him..His alibi was rock solid.

"Good night ladies and gent...It's been nice talkin to you." he said.

On the other side of this bar.

Olivia and I sat on the other side of the bar, which was practically empty..really kissing..


Kissing as though it was the end of the world...


''Ouu Donnie Ray, everytime I wear this skirt yo go berserk..."whispered Olivia in between kisses...


"Yes I do.." I agreed with her..


I had her skirt hiked up and was rubbing her behind...

"Oh My Goddd Liv.." I said..


"Okayyyyyyyyyy, time for us to go home...So mama can take care of you..."whispered Olivia, standing up and straightening out her dress...

We walked over to the other side of the bar.. Ian was gone and Beverly, Nelson, Josie and Bree had finished their drinks.

"Mission Acomplished Auntay...We served him and we spooked him."said Beverly..
"The Credit Card is a match."said Nelson.
"You think you know someone." said Josie.
''And I checked out the airport like you asked Mr. Donnie Ray.. Got some surprising news."said Bresha.


Olivia looked at all of the empty drink glasses...There was 17 empty drink glasses, ten of them were Ian's...the rest belonged to her staff. No way any of them were driving tonight..She and I had had one drink a piece..We were in better shape.Much better shape.

"Good Lord, you guys tried to drink up the bar..I'll drive us home." she said, smiling.


I smiled.. "Good work , all of you....Let's get ready for trial." I said.

(CONCLUSION NEXT)




No comments: