Thursday, April 28, 2022

Any Deal He Wants


It was pouring down raining this morning..

Hung Over, Assistant U.S. Attorney, William Strong managed to get himself together...Shower, Shave and put on clean clothes and get himself to our Office/Duplex on time...


Alfreda answered the door...


Once inside , Bill Strong was perplexed...

''What is this?" he said.


At our conference room table was


Olivia's cousin, Kayla Bennett-St. Jacques,and her partner, Jasmine Coley, the attorney who bested him in that litigation a few months ago...




In another corner was Jessica Sanchez-Burrows, her Husband, Charles Burrows, Dabnis Coley, Ray St. Jacques and Tony Billips...

He didn't know who they were.. but he could tell they all were attorneys... They had legal briefs spread out on the table and were having a spirited but quiet conversation..

He recognized the next set of attorneys, Yvette Jones-Lockwood, Keith Jones, Beatrice Jones, Sofia Garcia-Ahmed, Kahlil Ahmed and Jade Lee-Ho, part of the other team that joined with Olivia and Beverly to beat him when he was trying to take down States Attorney, Tanya Mosely..







They all had laptops and were working dilligently....


Josie's husband, Paris had called out today too and was around the office helping Alfreda and Virginia, our office managers..




Alfreda and Virginia set up the catered hot breakfast for them and told them all to take five..


''These are my neighbors..Some of them you know...They're all attorneys...Because of the rather inclement weather..They called out today, but are working remotely from home." said Olivia.

"YOU MEAN FROM HERE!" snarled William Strong.
''Well this might as well be home.. They live across the street or down the street...They're my friends..I allow them to bring their laptops and their briefs and whatever and work here from time to time.."explained Olivia.

'Do you realize we are in the middle of a very high level Federal Criminal Prosecution?? Where is the rest of YOUR team?" he asked.
"Beverly, Josie and Bresha are right in the other room, the law library...They are working on YOUR CASE as we speak...They are doing research, Predicates, Laws, Old cases that mirror this one.. You know the boring leg work that attorneys do to make a case that never gets seen on TV and seldom rewarded." said Olivia.






Bill remembered how notoriously prepared Olivia and her team were in every single trial....He Understood now..

"My husband and Nelson are in the Media Room...We got a list of the federal jury pool..My husband did background checks on all of them and he and Nelson are going through them to determine what type of juror we want on the jury....It's called Trial Science."said Olivia.




"This smacks of impropriety.."said William Strong.
''It's all perfectly legal..and it's going to give us the only advantage we have so far in this case."said Olivia. "You have a Ghost Gun that we can't link to the defendant in any way...No Prints , No DNA...You have an eyewitness who though his testimony may be tainted, won't co-operate and you have a fugitive eyewitness.." said Olivia.



"I'm going to call Regional DEA Special Agent in Charge, Carol Redding -Cantrell...she was on the scene, She was running the take down." said Bill Strong.

''She didn't see it..She was outside in the van.." said Olivia.

"I'll call in Forensic Experts who will ascertain that he was the only one in that basement who could have done it."said William Strong.
"That won't work... A First year Public Defender would rip you to shreds."said Olivia.
''What would you have me do?" asked William Strong.
'The only thing you can do....IF YOU WANT TO WIN!  If you want to take this monster off the streets..Go up to that Federal Prison and make Agent Lanier a deal..Any deal he wants...It's for the greater good..Agent Lanier is NOT the person you want...You want to put Sweetie away for good.
Think about it.. Now get yourself a plate and go get some breakfast...We've got Eggs, Potatoes, Bacon, Sausage, Pancakes...Hot Coffee, Orange Juice.."said Olivia with a smile.

William Strong smiled.. In spite of himself, He found he liked Olivia Bennett-Alexander... She might appear to be a little unorthodox...but she had a fine legal mind..and she got results...She trained a tight crew and networked well...He had heard about the law suit she and her firm were involved in last year..
All of these attorneys had successfully defended her and her firm..They were good friends to have. And she was a good attorney and a fine mentor and teacher to many... Yes, he liked and respected Olivia Bennett-Alexander.

II-

''Olivia...I'm from Tulsa ,Oklahoma..My Parents came here from what is now known as Ukraine...I came from a Catholic Community and neighborhood where most guys became Football Players, a Cop or a Priest..I didn't become any of them...It took me awhile to discover what I wanted to do...But I was always good on the Debate team..Won a State Championship for my school... One of My dad's friends suggested that I should go into law....He told me to read as much as possible of everything...and keep my grades high which I did..

I graduated with Honors from the University of Tulsa....I got engaged...To a beautiful woman....I was in R.O.T.C. So I had to give the Army a few years... I got my commission and I served as a Captain in the Iraq war....By the time I came home...My Fiance had grown tired of waiting I guess.. She married another guy while I was gone..I was devastated to say the least..

I enrolled in Law school and graduated near the top of my class ,University of Tulsa Law school..After I passed the bar , My dad's friend offered me a job at his firm...but Tulsa held too many bad memories for me, of my fiance..

I put as much distance between me and Tulsa as possible.. I went back for My Mom and my dad's funerals and that was it.  Haven't been in Tulsa in 16 years.

I lived in Alabama for awhile, then I made Washington D.C. my home.. I've lived there ever since...Teaching at Georgetown Law School and serving as an Assistant U.S. Attorney.  Just thought I'd bore you with conversation as we ate." he said.

"That wasn't boring...That helps me understand you more...Better, I mean...My Father got locked up for something he didn't do when I was 15 or 16...I was enthralled with the Lawyer who defended him...How he used words to make points. He told me the same thing, Read as much as possible, keep my grades up...all of which I had no problem doing..All I wanted to do was be a lawyer oh and a model and a championship swimmer.. All of which I did.. I didn't quite win the state championship in swimming, but I went there,,, My Father and my older brother put me through college and law school..
They worked at the University, so I went for free ...Employee benefit... what they didn't pay for.. I took Modeling gigs in New York on the weekend to supplement the rest.." said Olivia.
"Your niece and your cousin?? They followed you into the Law?" he said,

Speaking of Beverly and Kayla.
"Yes they did.. I wasn't  surprised. They idolized me as children...They did whatever I did... I was so proud of both of them....I still am."said Olivia.

"As you should be."said William Strong.

"There has been no other woman in your life since your fiancé left you Bill?" asked Olivia.
"No...I've thrown myself into my work...Perhaps I need to get out, start dating again... I know one thing..I hope the woman I meet and fall in love with will be someone like you...Fearless and smart ,Brilliant and not afraid to tell me when I'm being an asshole." said Bill Strong..
"Awwww thank you." said Olivia ,smiling as they finished their breakfast.


III-


THE NEXT DAY-

Agent Lanier met with Assistant U.S. Attorney William Strong at the prison..


He thought things might go better with all of us there..

''Agent Lanier, this is the team that's going to be working with me to convict Sweetie. Attorneys Olivia Bennett-Alexander, her niece, Beverly West, her niece's husband, Nelson East, who you met the other day when I was up here...Investigator and Olivia's husband, Donnie Ray Alexander, and Attorneys Josie Boyd and Bresha Billips." he said.

''Hello Agent Lanier, how are you?" said Olivia.
"Hello Agent Lanier." said Beverly...
"Hello Again Agent Lanier." said Nelson.
"Hello." I said.
"Hello Agent Lanier." said Josie.
"Hello." said Bresha.

"I know who they are...Hell, Who in Philadelphia doesn't know them?  Aren't you guys Defense Attorneys?" said Agent Lanier. 
''They are...but I have deputized them...They Are serving as Special Federal Prosecutors on this case...Look regardless of what you think of me..I need you..I need your testimony to put Sweetie away.."said Bill Strong.

''And what happens to me?  Sweetie will get to me in here.. He's that dangerous....Uh Uh....You get me out of here and I'll testify..." said Agent Lanier.

Bill Strong breathed deeply...
He looked at Olivia. "Any deal he wants" she whispered.
Then he reluctantly said.  "Done...You'll be out by this afternoon, all charges dropped." he said.. 

I know it killed him to make a deal like that...but it had to be done.


Nick Lanier was released from prison and all charges against him were dropped...


We hired a Film Crew and filmed Nick Lanier's testimony...


Agent Lanier was very articulate and very dramatic and he told us in full detail just what went down that day.

"This was the culmination of a year long investigation ." he said. He was a great story teller.
 

The Bakery -Coffee Shop known as "Sweeties" sat in the " Little Norway." section of Philadelphia...It was beautiful....Lots of people sat outside and drank coffees and teas from around the globe and ate an assortment of Bagels and Pastries and Doughnuts... It did brisk business....It had been purchased years ago by Ahab Nidal...an Arab -American...He was a gangster and his Coffee Shop- Bakery -"Sweeties" was also a front for a money laundering operation...

He was dead, killed years ago...

A Russian man known as Yuri Magslovokich now owned it.. To the casual viewer.. The shop did boffo legitimate business.  The coffee there was said to be the best in the area if not the city and the Pastries, Doughnuts and Bagels were all baked on the premises.. Yuri ran the Bakery Business..

 




This place did boffo business on it's own, legitimately...


buttttttt.. It was also a place where dirty money was made clean...The Money Laundering continued..and  Russian Gangster,Leonid Teslin.


A silent partner in the business, known on the streets as "Sweetie" raked in the dough...No pun intended.. He got a percentage of the Bakery's legitimate business and he raked in millions in his money laundering operation.. He even had a little money invested in a hot package on the streets (Heroin), though he never was anywhere near any drugs or guns.. If you watched him.. He came in everyday, took his same seat (People knew not to sit in his seat.) Had Coffee, Doughnuts, Bagels and Pastries put in front of him which he devoured..


And spoke on several burner phones.. Phones in which he removed the sim cards at the end of the day and had them replaced..

His number two man, Yuleg usually stood guard by his table.. You didn't talk to ''Sweetie" about anything..You talked to Yuleg...Unless Sweetie wanted to talk to you as he did today!

Today however was different... Yuleg had come in with a man, a suspected Bag man...


The man was frightened...

''Sweetie.. Sweetie...You know me...I did not steal from you..I brought you what was given to me.. I swear." said the man..

Another goon told the man to sit down and then shoved him down in the seat across from 'Sweetie."

"I'll see you guys later..." he laughed and headed toward the counter.

''Hey Zelda, a half dozen bagels baby." he said.

She put a half dozen warm bagels and some spreads in a bag and passed it over the counter to him...She knew better than to ask him for payment...He was one of "Sweetie's Lieutenants. He took the bagels and quietly left the bakery.



"Shut Up...Shut Up.. We don't discuss this here..We talk in the basement.. Yuleg, bring him with me."said Sweetie.


"Sweetie, I swear..You have it all wrong." said the man, who was sweating profusely and scared to death. "I swearrrrrr!" he cried out for mercy!

"Shut up...Shut your damn mouth! We are going in the basement, gotdamnit." said Yuleg..

The three men walked down into the basement.. The people who were buying coffee and pastries could care less..

Unknown to them, I had been observing the whole thing . I was speaking into a small microphone..

"Subjects, Leonid ''Sweetie"Testin and his boy, Valerie Yuleg just went in the basement with the Bagman." I said.



From  a surveillance van just a block away.. Regional DEA Special Agent in charge, Carol Cantrell speaks to me,,

''Okay...Hold your position.. We are coming in with back up.." she said.


''No time Boss Lady, gotta go in right now!" I said as I quietly cocked my gun and slipped down into the basement..


"This is three times you steal from me, three times I come up short.. I didn't say anything the other two times..I don't know.. Maybe I'm getting soft with my old age..huh?""said Sweetie.

''Sweetie, I swear....I had a few gambling debts...I can replace every penny...I swear, give me until next week.. PLEASE!!!" begged. the man..



"Goodbye!" said Sweetie coldly... He pulled out a gun and fired one shot into the man's head, killing him instantly..

The man's body slumped to the ground...

"I was shocked at witnessing an actual murder by the mob boss.. I high tailed it back up the stairs.."

''SHHHHH, Somebody was down here." said Sweetie, who took a cloth and wiped the gun clean...He passed it to Yuleg... " Go out the back door. Lose this gun." he said.
Yuleg did as he was told, he slipped out the back door and ran down the driveway and deposited the gun in the dumpster three blocks away and slipped into the teaming mid  morning pedestrian traffic.,


"Sweetie" calmly walked up the stairs back into the Bakery He accidentally bumped into a young lady and she accidentally spilled her coffee....

"OHHHHH, I am sooo sorry.."he said.
"Ouuuuuuuuu!" she said.

He looked in front of her...where he received the shock of his life..


It looked like one hundred DEA Agents had their guns drawn...
"You better take a bag of Doughnuts and Bagels  with you Sweetie...I hear Prison food really sucks" I said..It was the take down of a lifetime.."said Nick.

"Leonid Teslin fired the fatal shot and he gave Yuleg, the other eyewitness the gun to get rid of correct?" asked AUSA William Strong..


"That's correct." said Agent Lanier.

(CUT AND PRINT)


"We have his signed and recorded deposition...." I said.


''Well Mister Sweetie..You're going to jail and Sweetie is not a good nickname to have in Prison."said Beverly..

It was a rare moment, But AUSA Bill Strong, Nick Lanier, Olivia, Myself, Bresha ,Nelson and Josie all howled with laughter...








A Nice ending to a long day... We were ready for trial.



IV-


Although it was premature.. Assistant U.S. Attorney William Strong invited us out to dinner.. Two nights before the trial was to begin..


We dined in the very tony Marriot Dining Room..

''Bill ,this is beautiful..Thank You...Thank you for inviting us.." said Olivia.
I couldn't take my eyes off of Olivia... I got myself together enough to say - "Yes, thank you.."
''Wow this place is beautiful."said Beverly...Who dreamed of making good money as an attorney and eating in places like this when she was in law school. She never dreamed she'd be a partner, a founding partner of her own law firm with her favorite aunt and be eating in places like this.
Nelson never imagined a night like this and with his two favorite people, Olivia and Beverly...he was ecstatic and beyond words..
"Thank you so much, this is so nice." said Josie.
''Yes, thank you." said her husband, Paris...Pleased to be here and pleased to be with Josie.
"Oh My God, this is...this is fantastic.."said Bresha, who out of all of us didn't expect this and so fast in her career..
"Thank you so much...This is very nice."said her husband, Tony...

"Thank you for a wonderful night."said Alfreda...who was surprised she was included in the invite.

"No...I should be thanking you....You all put together an incredible case..This is a slam dunk if ever there was one....I could not have done this without a great team like you guys.

We had exquisite Prime Rib....

Champaigne was served with our meal... But like I said..As nice as this was..This was all premature..The trial hadn't started yet.... and we hadn't put 'Sweetie" behind bars yet... This type of celebration should have been for after the conviction, not before the trial started, but hey that's just me.

We had a great meal and really enjoyed ourselves. Outside of court and a trial and with a little champaigne in him, Bill Strong was quite personable and  actually pleasant to be around.. I even forgave him for arresting Beverly and Me a few months back.


We all enjoyed our dinner and drinks and said our goodbyes and boarded one of the mini buses we now owned..The bus was going to take us home.. It was a nice night.. The calm before the storm that was coming two days later.


A little while after dinner, William Strong got a knock on his door.

He opened the door and got the shock of his life...

''Hello William, it's been awhile." said Kelly, the fiance from his hometown in Oklahoma who had once jilted him!!! "Well aren't you going to let me in?" she asked..  He noticed she wasn't wearing a wedding band or ring..Next he noticed her plump breasts and how well her body looked in her form fitting dress.
He found himself aroused for the first time in six years by a woman...

"Yes of course, come in.." he said. He pulled out a chair for her..

"I see you're not wearing your uh wedding band...." he said.
"No. Darin and I got our marriage annulled shortly after we got married... He uh confessed to me that he was GAY!....." she said.

"Oh" he said and laughed...."I'm sorry Kelly, that's just sooo funny." he said, still laughing.

"It's okay...They are still laughing in Tulsa..So much so that like you, I left." said Kelly.

''Did you uh ever finish school?" he asked.

"I did... University of Tulsa, just like you did and I enrolled in the Law school there too and graduated, took the bar ,passed and practiced at a small law firm for a couple of years and then moved to Atlanta. Took the Bar again, Practiced at two law firms there, got engaged to a nice young man....but it didn't work out... I moved to D.C.  Started Teaching Law at Georgetown. I never stopped looking for you...I found out you were a U.S. Attorney and that you had also once taught law at Georgetown.... I saw in the paper that you were here in Philly on a big case, a career defining case putting away a major Russian Crime Boss and I had to see you..  I saw you having dinner with friends earlier.....











And I didn't want to disturb you, so I waited." said Kelly.

''That's my team.. They are local attorneys, Defense attorneys who are pretty damn good...They worked hard preparing this case for me.. and I invited them out to a celebratory dinner along with their spouses.."said William.

"Isn't that a little premature William? You haven't even tried the case yet?" said Kelly.
"Trust me we are going to win this case..." said a confident William Strong.






who pulled out a bottle of wine and two glasses... He was glad to see Kelly. She looked incredible. All of the bitterness of her leaving him at the alter had faded..

They talked for TWO HOURS,catching up on each others lives  and finished the bottle of wine.

"It sure was nice seeing you again Bill." said Kelly. She noticed his trousers were sticking out like a circus tent.. She giggled a bit..

''What's so funny?" he asked.

"You....You have an erection...You're slightly aroused. Boyyyyyyyyy!" she laughed.

"I'm uh sorry!" he said, very embarrassed.


"I'm aroused too!" she said, staring into his eyes.



He pulled her to him and kissed her soft lips. He hadn't kissed a woman in six years.. He was now so hard, he felt as if his penis might tear his trousers open... He kissed her passionately and unzippered her dress...

She smelled good and her skin was still baby soft.. She unzippered his trousers and he stepped out of them..

"OH MY GOD!!! WILLIAM!!!" she said...His boxers were really protruding.. She slipped them down and began softly stroking him..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU it has been a long time for you hasn't it?" she cooed..

"MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOODNESSS!" she whispered..

Her body trembled.. she began feeling sensations she hadn't felt in awhile.


They continued to kiss passionately and he dug his hands deep down into her panties, feeling her buttocks..


and slipped her panties down...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WILLIAM, YOU NASTY BOYYY!" she cooed.




They stood in the middle of the floor kissing passionately....



He lifted her up and entered her slowly and softly...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..." she moaned.

".OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! KELLY I'VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" he whispered..

She felt warm, safe, good...Today couldn't have been any better....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..WOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! I'VE MISSED YOU TOO WILLIAM!" she cooed...
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WILLIAM,UMMMMMMMM PUT IT ON ME!" she moaned. As he sat her on the small drawer and began to pound a little faster..

"AWWWW..AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...OUUUUUUUUUU..AWWWWWWWW LAWD!" he moaned.

"William....WILLIAM....WILLIAMMMMMMMM!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she screamed.

She moved up and down on him on his very comfortable and soft  bed..

"OUUUUUUUU WILLIAM  MY GOODNESS!" she cooed. Her body trembled and her head moved from side to side..

She began to ride him like a surfer rides the waves..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  KELLY UMMMMMMMMM!" he moaned..

They made love for the next NINE TO TEN HOURS!!

His hotel bed squeaking and the headboard almost shaking itself loose...

William Strong couldn't bring himself to stop...

Kelly surprisingly had had about three intense orgasms...She didn't want him to stop...

She was amazed at his stamina...

"WILLIAM, OUUUUUUUUU YOU'RE A BEAST!" she howled... "OUUUUUUUUUUUU
OOOH MY GODDDD!" she cried out...

It was near daybreak and they were still kissing passionately..

"OH WILLIAM!" she moaned in between hot smouldering kisses.

"OOOOOOOOU...OHHHHH KELLY!" he moaned.



Doing it doggystle in the window, where Kelly looked out and could see the early Philadelphia morning traffic, People going to work...She was having another intense orgasm... She hadn't felt this good in years and William was really giving it to her.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, WILLIAM, OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
YOU ARE A BEAST!!! OH MY GODDDDDD! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!" she screamed..Banging her hands on the table, her head turning from side to side.


They finished up on the floor...doggy style with William coming so hard, she thought he had passed out..

"UMMMMMMMPH , OHHH SWEEET LORD,  HAVE MERCY!" he said , trying to catch his breath....

"OH WILLIAM!" she moaned.

A little later after both had showered and dressed.

"OHHHHHH KELLY!" he moaned a little later.

''William.. I'm staying a few floors up from you..Give me the courtroom you'll be working in...I'd like to see you work.." she said.

"I'd like to work on you a little more." he said..
He scooped her into his arms and kissed her passionately..
"Oh William, you're sooo silly." said Kelly,laughing in between slow ,soft kisses.



Within minutes they were both undressed again and on his living room couch making sweet love
again...

"OHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned.

"OUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed...

The sun was coming up... If you thought this case was over..was in the bag... Think again!


(CONCLUSION NEXT)


No comments: