Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Party Like An Egyptian


 We stood in the courtroom waiting for Judge Elise Clemmons to arrive.

"We have some good news for you Wallace." said Olivia.
"I could use some good news." said Wallace Madison.
"The Assistant District Attorney has dropped Corrupting the morals of a minor charges against you and has reduced First Degree Murder charges to Second Degree Murder."said Beverly.
"I can now just face Life in prison if convicted." sighed Wallace.

''Would you rather face the Death Penalty?  That's off the table now." I said quietly.


"I suppose you're right." he said.



''Where is the Judge? She's late." asked Nelson.

''She can afford to be late... WE couldn't." said Josie.
''I know that's right." said Bresha.

At the Prosecution table.
ADA Brad Dell was livid.

"The Judge is late and Tragg is late... I hate tardiness.." he fumed.
Judge Elise Cummings walked in just then..

"Sorry I'm late folks.. I overslept.." she said.

You would never be able to tell, She was dressed immaculately...Every Hair in place, Make Up perfect.

Lt. Tragg walked in a few minutes later and sat down..



Brad Dell was furious..

"TRAGG, You're late!  I'll deal with you later." he snarled.

"What's First on my docket? Ahhh yes, Arraignment hearing for  Wallace Madison, on Second Degree Murder Charges..." she said.

"Your Honor the defendent is accused of taking a young lady, although 18, still a child, she had not graduated from high school yet to a very adult party in the exclusive Egyptian club where she was sexually assaulted by the defendent and a mystery man and choked to death by him... He should be considered a present danger to society and be granted no bail, yet held in lock up until the time of his trial." said ADA  Brad Dell.


"Your honor , not to disparge the deceased... but Ms. Dorcel was far from an innocent child.. She was 18, old enough to cast a vote in this state, old enough to consent to sex....She was full of self purchased drugs.. Marijuana, Cocaine, Xanax et al...My client did not lure her anywhere.." said Olivia.
"Our client is an officer of the court.. With no prior criminal record, He was just recently awarded a huge amount of money by the city and pay for his medical bills suffered during a tragic automobile crash not instituted by him...He is still in a wheel chair...He is hardly a flight risk." argued Beverly.




Nelson, Josie and Bresha paraded 25 of his fellow employees at the Public Defenders Office to vouch for his good charactor....


Judge Cummings had seen and heard enough... She set bail at $5000.00 dollars.....


Bresha paid the baillif a check for $500.00 dollars..
"Come on, let's get out of here." I said to Olivia..

"Come on...let's go to your place.. You're packing first and then we are going back to our place to talk."said Olivia as she rowed Wallace Madison out in his wheelchair.




A Photo captured by the media....

"You were late to court today....THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN! Olivia's investigator is ahead of you by leaps and bounds...He's already interviewed the remaining 200 people YOU FAILED TO INTERVIEW...I NEED YOU TO INTERVIEW ALL 520 of those party guests, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THEY TOLD HIM....I NEED A REPORT ON THE PROCESSING OF THAT DNA evidence also....NOW GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR DAMN IT!" said ADA Brad Dell forcefully to Lt. Tragg.
Lt. Tragg was as red as a beet...He did not like being spoken to or  ordered about by the likes of Brad Dell..He knew now that he wasn't going to like working this case with him....He wished the ADA was a gorgeous blonde like the last two women he had worked a case with..


We wound up back at our office...







Alfreda had Ice tea and cold waters on the table...


"Thanks again Olivia, for getting me out of the hoosegal. It will feel good to sleep in my own bed tonight." said Wallace.
"You can do that Wallace, but if I were you...I'd check into a hotel...using your real name of course." said Olivia.
"You might be right." he said and glanced at Beverly, who was sitting on her husband, Nelson's lap...
"Ummmmmmmm Husband..." she moaned..
"Ohhhhhhh Beverlyyyyyy!" he moaned..
She planted a big kiss on his lips....nearly devouring his lips...
"This is a Portal, you'll communicate with us directly through this.. We'll give you daily udates on hopw your trial is going."said Josie ,passing him a Portal.

"This is a Burner phone, I'm pretty sure you ,being a Public Defender are familliar with it.. Don't call our personal numbers of business phones.. You communicate with us through this.. Use this number." said Bresha.

passing him the phone..



"I uh kinda thought I uh might stay with one of you girls.." said Wallace raffishly....


"Nahhhhh, my husband wouldn't dig it." said Bresha.
"Mine definitely wouldn't." said Josie.

''Damn, all you girls are off the market huh?" laughed Wallace Madison.
''Wallace , you need to concentrate on your case and not the women attorneys who happen to work here.. They've done DNA analysis on 525 people who attended that party ,including the staff of the Egyptian club and no one is a match except you....That means the other guy is someone who was there and left shortly... The Police and FBI are looking at Street Cam, Traffic Cam and lobby cam footage in and around the Egyptian Club..They had been keeping me up on their findings, but Good Lt. Tragg has ordered the police not to talk to me anymore.. That's not going to stop me from doing my own shadow investigation...But I need to know what went on that night." I said.
"To the best of your reccollection...What happened that night?" asked Olivia.

Wallace sat back and thought...

II-


"The Dad of one of my fellow Public Defender Attorneys is a big time litigator.. He gave me two tickets... He gave his son a ticket, but he didn't want to go..He sold his ticket to someone, I don't know.
Of course I've heard of the Egyptian Club and their wild private parties..



I took Yasmin....She's the daughter of one of my former clients.. He's in county lock up..She and I started off as just Mentor and Mentee, but soon it became more..We became friends with benefits...
I had nothing to do with Yasmin's drug use...I knew she liked to party, but I was just as surprised as anyone to find out she had Coke and heroin in her system... If she did..She copped before we got there..
She popped the Xanax in front of me and she did do a lot of drinking..



So Did I.... I had some Marijuana....We both smoked a joint in one of the bathrooms..


They had two local club D.J.'s..... I've seen one in Stoleys . I think one's name is Freddie and the other one's name is Luther...They were hella good.. They had that place poppin...This was incredible in the middle of the day, In the Middle of the week...

Everybody was lit.... Everybody...And soon a decadent costume party morphed into something more..

Everybody's clothes just seemed to melt off of them....Next thing I know... people were naked or semi naked and disappearing into the many private rooms...and or bathrooms..




Yasmin and I made love in one of the bathrooms.....for what seemed like hours...I can't remember.....I was so high.....

We wound up in a private room after another couple left..but this was hours later....

We made more love.... It was a crazy scene..


She got away from me... I was in my wheel chair in just my boxers...I couldn't find my undershirt or my shirt..  I found them eventually...but I couldn't find my trousers, socks or shoes... My phone and my wallet and house keys were in my trousers...I had to find those..I was so high and people around me were on the floor screwing each others brains out..



panties and bras were all over the floor.....and then I heard a scream....

SOMEBODY WAS DEAD!!! I didn't know it was Yasmin... The next thing I remember- Is that goofy keystone copper, Lt. Arthur Tragg.


"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT!! EVERYBODY GET YOUR CLOTHES ON!  GET YOUR CLOTHES ON!!! NOBODY LEAVES...I'VE GOT MORE PEOPLE COMING...I WANT A STATEMENT FROM EVERYBODY!" snarled Lt. Tragg..
Women were highly embarrassed and scrambling to find their bras and panties...Men were scrambling to put on their boxers and find their clothes.
Crime Scene Investigators were standing over the body of a young woman.. African -American ,She was 18.  She was clad in only a bra and panties..

"Her name is Yasmin Dorcell, she's a high school student. She shouldn't have been in here." observed one of the uniformed policemen.

"Cause of death appears to be manual strangulation...and from the temperature of the body...She's only been dead about an hour or two." said Dr. Hazel Baylor.
"There is a lot of semen...She apparently had sex shortly before she died..and she wasn't a virgin."said Dr. Marcy Martin.

''Oh man ,there is so many prints, so much DNA, We are going to be looking at this scene for about a week." said one of the crime scene investigators.

"VA VA VA VOOOOOOOM! She's 18! Look at those boobs!" said Lt. Tragg to one of the uniformed officers.

''Yeah she was very uh developed for her age.,"observed the officer.

"I'll say...Myyyyyyy goodness." observed Lt. Tragg.

Lt. Tragg smiled when he saw me near the door...In a wheel chair, with just my shirt on and my boxers...I was drunk and high out of my mind..

''I'm trying to find my trousers, my socks and my shoes.." I told him.

A police officer walked over with my trousers , some socks and one shoe..

"This may be yours." he said.

''Thanks Dude! You seen Yasmin??, I-I gotta get her outta here." I said. I realize now I shouldn't have said that." said Wallace.


Lt. Tragg went through my wallet...I had come there with $1500.00 in cash..It was gone!!!He found a drivers license and my work ID. Now he knew who I was,..

"OHHHHH HO HO HO HOOOOOOOO, look at this...Wallace Madison, Attorney at the Public Defender's Office... whoaaaaa, what are you doing here? And apparently, you know the deceased!!he asked.

I  looked at him as if he was crazy,. "Come on mannn, I'm just trying to get out of here and go home.Come on. Deceased? Who's Dead?" he asked.


"You aren't going anywhere...A young lady has been murdered! Yasmin Dorcell, a young girl with big boobs, that's too young to be at somethin g like THIS!" said Lt. Tragg.


" Yasmin, DEAD??? OH NOOOOOOOOO! That's got nothing to do with me." I said.


"Oh yeah? I don't think so, I THINK IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH YOU! Cuff him boys, read him his rights.. I'm charging you with first degree murder." declared Lt. Tragg.

"You've got to be kidding? I didn't kill anybody and certainly not Yasmin...You got this all wrong mannn! " I pleaded with him...but he didn't listen, nor did he care.. He was mad at me for winning that lawsuit against those two cops....He would have charged me with being at the grassy knoll if he could have." said Wallace.
"Yes, you've got to be kidding.. We've got enough Fingerprints and DNA evidence to keep us busy for at least a week.. You have no proof of anything or anyone.. Let this guy go." protested Dr. Hazel Baylor.


"If I've told you once.. Hazel, I've told you a dozen times..I AM THE DETECTIVE ON THE SCENE. I MAKE THE CALLS..." snarled Lt. Tragg.

Dr. Marcy Martin took a look at Wallace Madison.   She recognized him.. 

"I've seen you before. On the news, you're a lawyer, a Public Defender.. You got hit by the Police car,you won that law suit against the city..Is THAT WHAT THIS IS ABOUT LIEUTENANT???DON'T YOU THINK YOU ARE BEING A LITTLE HASTY...WE HAVE NO EVIDENCE OR PROOF ON ANYONE...LET US SORT THROUGH THIS FIRST!" pleaded Dr. Marcy Martin.



"If I've told you once.. Girls, I've told you a dozen times..I AM THE DETECTIVE ON THE SCENE. I MAKE THE CALLS...NOW GET THE BODY OUT OF HERE AND GET ME THE AUTOPSY AND CRIME SCENE REPORTS AS SOON AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN!" said Lt. Tragg, totally ignoring the two Medical examiners.

The body was removed and put on a stretcher

and moved out of the building....


Next thing I know.. I'm in the interrogation room for 16 hours...but Olivia, I'm a lawyer...I didn't say a word, not a word..




Lt. Tragg used every threat , every trick in the book to get me to confess, to tell him anything and all I did was vomit in the waste basket...



He offered me Bottled water if I'd talk, I refused ...Then he offered me hot coffee, which I surely needed, but I wouldn't budge... Finally all he could do was charge me and take me back to the cooler and from there they took me to CFC, just in time for the Crappy Lunch and Dinner I got."said Wallace.

"What a night!" exclaimed Nelson..
"It was during the day goofball."laughed his wife, Beverly....
"You seemed fascinated by this Nelson.."laughed Josie.
"You wouldn't take Beverly to something like this, would you?" asked Bresha.

"Oh Hell No! And I wouldn't go alone either...but it is a fascinating story...For years I've wondered about the Egyptian Club and what goes on in their very private parties." said Nelson.
"Good Answer." said Beverly..
Rewarding him with a slow ,soft kiss....

"You did good...but now we have to know who else she hooked up with...She had sex with someone else that night..."said Olivia.


"Or maybe she saw something she shouldn't have seen...Maybe that's what got her killed." I said.




III-




HOURS LATER-

Beverly and I returned to the office..


We interviewed all of the party guests and showed them photos of the murder victim, Yasmin Dorcel.

Nelson ,Josie and Bresha took Wallace to his house.. he packed a few things, got some money and went with them to a Hotel, where he could get some rest while awaiting trial.



"You'll be safe here from Lt. Tragg..Remember, Keep a low profile."cautioned Nelson.
''Yes, a low profile.. Considering how inept he is, I doubt He'll find you."said Josie.
"We'll be in touch." said Bresha.
He whispered in Bresha's ear... 

"No chance you might stop by during the day to uh see if I'm okay....If my uh needs are uh being taken care of..is there?" he asked raffishly.

"I don't think so." laughed Bresha.



They left him in his hotel room..


"We showed the photo of the girl to all of them...At least three admitted seeing her..They said she was high as a kite..."I said.

"A number of people got robbed that night...About 75 people...Not Just Wallace...They aren't reporting it for obvious reasons..."said Beverly...
"Like my pants were off and over by the door while I was screwing somebody's brains out that I'm not married to ,or my purse was on the floor somewhere , while I was being screwed by someone I'm not married to... They don't want their spouses or significant others to know and it is very embarrasing..They'd rather take the loss and not make a big deal about it.." said Olivia.

"Right.....They took $1500.00 off of Wallace. That's chump change compared to the total haul somebody got that night..." I said...Now as intrigued as the police and Feds investigating this must be.

Nelson, Josie and Bresha returned..

"We are back. Our client is safe and secure.." said Nelson..
"He's very fresh and handsy.." said Josie.. I got tired of moving his hands off my legs and from up my skirt and I sat up front with Nelson.. " said Josie.
"Then he started on me....He's almost as bad as Lt. Tragg." said Bresha,

" He likes Black women.....That's for sure.." laughed Beverly...

''Let's get him off....No pun intended.. and try to prove he's no killer." sighed Olivia.


"Let's go get some dinner." I said.


IV-



This was our second time in Sam Mother's Diner in days...Even he was surprised to see us...He knew about our troubles with Lt. Tragg and he knew how unhinged Lt. Tragg was about this latest case.

"Wow...I'm surprised to see you guys in here again this week." said Sam Mother..

"I know right? What's good today Sam?" asked Olivia.



"The Meat Loaf is tonight's special..Believe it or not, I had a lot leftover from the other day." said Sam Mother.

"Sounds good to me, how about you lover?" asked Olivia.
"Works for me." I said.

"Make that two more." said Nelson...
Beverly slipped out of her heels when she sat down and leaned her head into her husband's shoulders..

"Add two more to that." said Tony Billips, Bresha's husband...He had his hands around her waist,

Bresha leaned her head into his shoulders... 

"Now these are hands , I like on my body." she cooed.
"Large Cobb Salad please and a Coke." said Josie..


"Burger and Fries Sammy and a Coke." said Paris..




Six Orders of Meat Loaf with mashed Potatoes and Hot coffee came up....



Josie's salad and Coke arrived 



And Paris's Burger and Fries arrived.

We were enjoying our food for a good thirty minutes and then just as we suspected.. Lt. Tragg walked in. He didn't  seem fearful of being dragged out by Sherriff's deputies today.


Naturally, he walked over to the area where we were eating..

"Welllllll you guys must have been working late today...I don't usually see you in here this time of day." he snarled.


"Think about why you don't." said Beverly...


Her sarcasm went completely over his head..




Nelson, Bresha and Josie got it and cracked up....


Paris and Tony said nothing, they continued eating...


as did I..


"I stopped by your Office earlier this afternoon...I see now that you and your crew probably weren't home..but your.....your office manager was there and she didn't answer the door.. I assume she was entertaining  a certain Assistant District Attorney...but anyhow , now I've found you...I have a little something for you Liv..



"It's called a little subpoena... Bet you never thought you'd get another one did ya?  You're so used to plopping them in other people's laps... Assistant District Attorney Bradley Dell says hello. WE WANT ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION YOU MAY HAVE PICKED UP CONCERNING THIS DAMN CASE!" he said and waited as if he expected a reaction.


He was surprised that we went back to eating ..

"You know, I would think he would know better...And YOU DEFINITELY SHOULD KNOW BETTER!" Olivia said as she took one last fork full of food.. "Ummmmmm this is so good!" she said.

"You ought to order the special..it's really good Lieuteant." I said. matter of factly.

"Tell ADA Dell...I'm not going to tell him anything different than what those other people already told you, assuming you interviewed them. Did You? " said Olivia.. She put the subpeona in her purse and she continued eating..




As did Bresha and Tony and Josie and Paris.




Nelson, Beverly and I were finished...We looked at Olivia's subpeona



then we put it away...




ADA Brad Dell  walked in...He walked over to where we were eating...Everyone looked relaxed...No one was fuming. We had all finished eating and were getting ready to pay our bills...He stared at us imperiously...


"Cute trick...Subpeonaing me..I expected better from you...You're still going to lose.. My client is going to be acquitted. " said Olivia ,smiling..


We all got up, walked to the counter and paid our bills and without saying a word to him..left the restaurant piled in the Escalade and pulled off.




Leaving ADA Dell, standing there, fuming!

"COCKY BASTARDS OUUUUUUUUUU!" he fumed.

(TO BE CONTINUED)


No comments: