Monday, May 30, 2022

Sweet Dick's Back in Town

SATURDAY NIGHT-

This was a popular week in Josie's Bar and Grill... It was the week leading up to Ms. Panties USA. the annual beauty contest that was held in our city every year... There was a different event every night leading up to the beauty pageant..

My Wife Sepia...



was a former winner of "Ms. Panties" in 2008, before I met her.. Now married and a mother, she tried to play that down and put as much distance between her and Ms. Panties as possible.

"I'm so glad you aren't asked to investigate or provide security for Ms. Panties this year Kevin, but I know you and Walter want to go...but I'm not going." said Sepia.

I laughed... My name is Kevin Morris...by day I'm a businessman..I own Morris Communications, A Communications conglomerate that publishes Magazines and Newspapers in both hard copy and digitally, I have a music and movie and sports streaming service..A Satellite Radio and Television station, A Recording studio and a small film studio that films music videos and commercials.. and by night I'm a Private Investigator, with my agency located in the sub-basement of my building.. It's location ,files and my operatives are a secret, known to only a select few people..
My best friend, Walter "Kool Kat" Jones smiled wryly...

"Don't look all innocent..I know you want to go... I wonder why I buy all the lingerie I buy if you want to ogle other girls." joked his wife, Chelsea..

"Nooooooo, we go there and get ideas of what to buy for you girls." I said with tongue in cheek..
Kool Kat laughed.. "My man!" he said.
"Pay them no mind Chelsea...You know they are going to take up for each other.." laughed Sepia..

"My Insurance company is insuring it.." sighed Attorney and Insurance Investigator, Bonnie Shay..

"So Naturally..As Co Counsel...I uh will be there to insure  that uh everything moves smoothly." said Bonnie's husband, Ronnie Shay..also an Attorney..

We all burst into laughter...

"Heyyy Everybody." said my wife's partner, Bonita Turner-Foxworth
"Heyyy everybody." said Her husband, Attorney, Robert Foxworth...


"Heyyy Bonita, Robert...Nice to see you out." said Sepia.

"Yeah , nice to see you guys out.." I said.,


Tonight , This Saturday night was indeed special..

Honey Brown and her waitresses were busy filling drink orders..
Gus had hired additional bar tenders....He was as happy as a clam..


Five D.J.'s all from out of town had been spinning... This kept our young friends, Like my former ward, Josie Boyd and her husband, Paris and our young friends, Attorneys I worked with often, like her associate, Bresha Billips and her husband Tony Billips.Keith Jones, his wife, Bee Bee Jones, Sofia Garcia Ahmed and her husband, Kahlil Ahmed, Olivia's niece, Beverly and her husband, Nelson East, Her cousin, Kayla, her husband, Ray St. Jacques, Jasmine "Jazzy" Coley and her husband, Dabnis, Jessica Sanchez Burrows and her husband, Charles "Chip " Burrows...All Attorneys, except for Josie's husband, Paris, All nice kids, all clients of my investigative services at one time..

















It was nice to see them out, enjoying themselves..








After the D,J,'s finished their sets...Entertainment for the adults came on , Live enetertainment, Downtown Rob Brown, Bone Hampton, Reed Nelson and their quintets and then the all star Liquid Love Band, featuring my good friend, Lt. Sissy Van Buren's father, Saxophonist, Dutch Van Buren and  My fellow investigator, Donny Ray Alexander on trumpet , Keyboardist Chazz Gillison and Honey Brown's husband, B-Flat on Organ...and a female vocalist...


They were all very good..

The rest of the "Adults" were at the table in front of us.. Donnie Ray's wife and our friend, Attorney Olivia Bennett-Alexander, Attorney, Yvette Jones and her husband and fellow investigator, Gary Lockwood, Fellow Investigator, Jade Lee and her husband and friend, Lt. Danny Ho.. Beverly's mother and newly engaged, Office manager, Alfreda Johnson and her fiance, ADA Rockland Cambridge and newly freed, ex-Attorney Virginia Shaw, Yvette's new office manager and her boyfriend, semi retired Judge, Jetty Dukes.










It was a great night...

If any night can get everybody I know out...It's this night... Lt. Sissy Van Buren and her husband, Eddie C. were out.. So was Bridget Jones, detectives Angie Belton-Barlow, Sirena Pile, Jimmy Barlow and Tyriq Pile.







Detective Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace and her husband, ADAKeith Wallace were there, hand in hand.

Dr. Hazel Baylor and her husband, Detective Edwin ''Duke"Baylor were there..


as was Attorney and Detective, Tony Hopkins and his wife, Regional Special Agent in Charge of the FBI and ATF...Sharon Hopkins..

Josies was our first hang out spot for many of us when we moved into this neighborhood, before Aqua Bar, Before Stoleys, before the Mermaid Club and it was still home to all of us... I remember when it was a dive bar , about to close.. and then this influx of all of these people...young people, professionals started buying homes, lofts, apartments and new condos and new restaurants and businesses,including mine opened up and we needed a place to drink, to kick back..It became Josies and Josies expanded in size , got live entertainment...brought in DJ's from out of town and became THE major entertainment center in the area.





There was plenty to drink and eat...a Soul Food Buffet prepared by Mabel Jenkins Soul Food Joint..

It was indeed a good night..


II-


I saw the well dressed man from a distance...It had been years, but it was definitely him... Willie "Sweet Dick"Jenkins, father of Mabel ,Corabeth and sisters and my wife, Sepia's uncle..

"WELL. WELL ,  WELLLLLLL..WHAT'CHU KNOW GOOD PEOPLES?" he said.


"OH MY GOD! AS I LIVE AND BREATHE- "SWEET DICK JENKINS!" I said..


"Hi Uncle Willie." said Sepia. She never called him by his notorious nickname...Sweet Dick!


"BABY GIRRRRLLL!" he said and kissed her on the cheek...

"Look what the east wind blew into town." said Donnie Ray Alexander...

"Donnie Rayyyyyyy, what's shakin baby? You still married to that pretty lawyer lady?" asked Sweet Dick.

"You know I aint goin nowhere...There they are at that table..They'd really like to see you."said Donnie Ray..

He looked over at Donnie Ray's table and saw Olivia, Beverly, Nelson, Josie, Paris, Bresha, Tony, Alfreda and Rockland.










He smiled and looked at Donnie Ray..


"LAWD, can Olivia get any prettier?  Myyyy goodness...I see why you aint goin nowhere...You can't. I see your circle has gotten bigger too... Ummmmmmm Ummmmph.,all them fine ladies...Hey Honey Brown, The next round of drinks that table orders is on me.. This one too!" he said and peeled off a few dollars.

As usual, he was immaculately dressed, had on a great smelling fragrance...expensive shoes , the works..

He was a hustler..and a gambler...He lived on that fine line between legal and illegal..but was basically harmless and a lot of fun.

"OH MY GODDDD! SWEET DICK JENKINS...WHEN DID THEY LET YOU OUT OF JAIL!" said Honey Brown, who knew him well.


"They let me out when I told em I knew you baby." he laughed..  "Donnie Ray, Your dad and your sister are just fine..I told em I'd say hello and I have your address...I'm gonna drop by before I go back." said Sweet Dick..
"Alright man, I'm gonna hold you to that." said Donnie Ray as he rejoined his table.











My table smiled..




as more drinks arrived and we all helped ourselves to the delicious food on the soul food buffet table..

"Thanks for the drinks Sweet Dick...Tomorrow is Sunday, you know they have a Jazz Brunch here on Sunday don't you?" I said. Nobody wanted to eat at Sam Mothers ,because no one felt like being harrassed by Lt. Tragg.  After the crack he made about my daughter, I wanted to knock him on his ass.

''I know you're up here for "Ms. Panties" aren't you?" laughed Sepia.

"Among other things yes..and the big picnic in the park... I love it."said Sweet Dick.


As the night drew on..Sweet Dick pulled me to the side.


"Kevin...I didn't want to upset anybody or spoil the festive mood, but the real reason I'm up here is because I'm in a bit of trouble and I need your help..."said Sweet Dick.

"What kind of trouble?" I asked.


"The kind of trouble I'll pay you to protect me from...Things got a little hot for me in New Orleans as you may suspect..A Man has followed me here that intends to kill me..He's a big time gambler...Theres more to it than that...but Monday I'll fill you in." he said.


''Where are you stayin?" I asked.


"Better that you not know...Get in contact with Pink..He'll set up a meet for us." said Sweet Dick, who then smiled and patted me on the back...

''So how you been? How's the business?" he asked.


''Which one? They are both doing good.." I said..


"You and Donnie Ray, yall are good men, You both got pretty wives, safe hustles...That's what I should have done." said Sweet Dick.
"Aren't you married ?" I asked,

"Nah ,not any more...You know me... No woman can stay with me too long...I am who I am.." he said.



II-


By 2:30 AM ,everybody had poured out of Josie's and headed home... We were all going to sleep good tonight..


Sepia and I retired to our home..


''What a nice night...Everybody was out tonight...Everybody.." said Sepia.


"And the big picnic/outdoor concert is Wednesday....That's really going to be lit, as the kids say..." I said.

"Uncle Willie is in trouble isn't he?" asked Sepia. her powers of perception rivaled and at times surpassed mine..

''What gave it away?" I asked.

"When you two were at the bar talking, I saw the grave look on his face... Plus he kept looking at the door the entire night... Then I saw him whispering to Gus..


And Gus let him out the back door.." she said.,  I hadn't even seen that,.

''Damn you're good..You're like a magician.." I said..We stood in the doorway of our bedroom..

Sepia stared at me as she unzippered her dress...

"Oh you perform some feats of magic too every now and then.." she said.


"Oh I do?" I asked.,


''Sure You do..When you kiss me just right...my panties mysteriously manage to vanish!" she said seductively...


She gave me a full lipped, slow, sensual kiss in the doorway...


"Pooof!" I said..


"Poof!"she said..


and just like that...her panties slid off of her..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm just like that huh?" I whispered...

"Just like that.." she whispered..



We both got undressed and continued kissing passionately...Sepia wrapped her legs around my waste and I lifted her up...placed her on the dresser drawer and slowly moved inside and out of her..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU ARE SO BIGGGG AND SO DAMN HARD!  
UMMMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned quietly..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU ARE SO WET and so SOFT.....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" I moaned.

I entered her slowly and gently and began to move in and out of her.. I lifted her up...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...this is sooooooooo gooood..."I moaned..

"OUUUUUUU HOOOOOOO HOOOOO HOOOO HOOOOOOOOO, UMMMMMMMMMMMM
YOU ARE ALL UP IN THIS BABY!! OUUUUUUU!" she screamed..

Kimberly wasn't here tonight, so she could and did let it all out!




"Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye....Ayyyyyyyyyyyyye....ouuuuuuuuuu hooooo hooooo hoooooo, ayyyeeeeeeeeee.....ohhhhhhhh my gooodnesss!" she cooed.. She was having an intense orgasm just that quickly....

We were soon on our bed...Making sweet, sweet love....The bed springs squeaking out of control, the headboard rattling and slamming softly against the wall..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm husband!" she cooed..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!" I moaned..

EIGHT TO NINE SENSUOUS HOURS OF SWEET LOVEMAKING just drifting by,,

and kissing like it was nobody's business until we both climaxed.....

I lie in between her legs, sweating, trying to catch my breath as did she..
and in no time...I was back on top of her, humping away....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU ARE SOOO NASTY, JUST AS NASTY
AND HORNY AS YOU CAN BE...OUUUUUUUUUUU MEOWWWWWWWWWWWW!" she cooed..

"OH MY GOD!!! SEPIAAAAA!" I moaned..


She rode me like a surfer rides the waves... FOUR HOURS SLOWLY SLIPPED BY!!


She kissed me softly until I came like a gusher....She was cumming too!!


She got up to get a bottle of water...When she returned to the bedroom, I had her up against the wall, kissing her again..

"OH MY GOD...YOU NEVER GET ENOUGH DO YOU???OUUUUUUU!" she exclaimed as we wound up in the bathroom with me doing it to her doggie style.. She was slamming her fists down on the bathroom sink table and her head was turning both ways...sweat running down the sides of her face...
On the bathroom floor really going at it...

"OHHHHHHH GOOD LORDDDD!  YOU ARE SOOO NASTY, JUST AS NASTY
AND HORNY AS YOU CAN BE...OUUUUUUUUUUU MEOWWWWWWWWWWWW!" she cooed..


Anddddd back in the bed..


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU ARE SOOO NASTY, JUST AS NASTY
AND HORNY AS YOU CAN BE...OUUUUUUUUUUU MEOWWWWWWWWWWWW! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...OH MY GODDDDDD!" she cooed..

ANOTHER FOUR HOURS SLIPPED BY...


Sepia wound up sleeping on my chest...

"We gotta pick up Kimberly today..." she whispered.

"I know.." I said.

"I don't think We are going to make brunch." she said.

"A whole lot of people aren't going to make brunch.." I said as we drifted off to sleep. 




III-


I was right..Sepia and I missed Sunday Brunch and thus all of our friends..We picked up Kimberly and wound up eating a late lunch at Sam Mother's Diner..







We had Cheeseburgers, Onion Rings and A big pitcher of Ice Tea.

We were having a peaceful meal until you know who walked in..


Lt. Tragg...He hadn't seen me in awhile... He couldn't help but make a bee line to my table..  This was the reason that none of my friends , The Cops or the Attorneys ate in here on a regular basis anymore.They couldn't deal with him,.whining and standing over their tables trying to start an argument.. It was like he got a certain thrill from annoying people.

"Morris...Still playing cop or have you settled down and started running that front of yours? What is it a communications conglomerate or something or other.?" he sneered..

Neither Sepia ,Nor I said anything to him...We just kept eating...but he wouldn't get the hint or go away..





He looked at our daughter, Kimberly...



"Cute kid... Good thing she takes after her mother and not you Morris.Heh Heh Heh!" he laughed..



"That wasn't very nice." said Sepia..


''Maybe not...but it's true..Heh heh heh.." he laughed.

"You know...That wasn't funny the first time you said it...MONTHS AGO! And it's less funny now, just like you.  " I said.. He had succeeded in getting under my skin...


"What's with you Man? You get off , gettin on people's nerves? Being a prick? Why don't you go to the counter and get you some food or somethin.? Leave these good people alone...They weren't bothering you." came the voice of Willie "Sweet Dick" Jenkins..He was talking to Lt. Tragg.


''Who the hell do you think you are?"said Lt. Tragg.


"Mannnnn take your candy ass up to that counter and get out of these people's faces...WHILE YOU STILL CAN! Don't worry about who I am... I heard that entire exchange.. They weren't bothering you..They were trying to enjoy their meal...Now go on, get away from their table. Act like you got some sense." said Sweet Dick.

"That sounds like a threat.....I don't take kindly to threats buddy.." said Lt. Tragg, really getting angry...


"I don't care what you don't take kindly to...You better get your ass over to that counter...And I'm not in the habit of repeating myself.." said Sweet Dick Jenkins..


"WHYYYYYYYYYYYY YOUUUUUUUU!" said Lt. Tragg, who went to throw a haymaker, but was not only blocked by Sweet Dick, but hit with six uppercuts to his stomach...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...OUUUUUUUUUUUF!!.OHHHHHHHHH!" Lt. Tragg grimaced in pain...absorbing the blows, which was knocking the wind out of him... He stumbled...in extreme pain...He swung a haymaker that missed by a mile...Sweet Dick laughed....

Furious at being laughed at, Lt. Tragg tried to swing again, but was hit with 18 lefts and 18 rights in his face, which had him spinning like a top and sent him crashing to the floor, knocking over a table and a chair..

Several Patrons broke out into raucous laughter and clapped....Some whistled.

Lt. Tragg  was down for the count... In excrutiating pain...His lip was swollen...both of his eyes were nearly swollen shut..His nose was bleeding profusely and his cheek was swollen and discolored.. He lay on the ground in pain...stunned.....

"OHHHHHHHH....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...UMMMMMMMMMM." he grunted in pain..


"ARTIE!! OUTTTT!! GET THE HELL OUT ,I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU IN HERE FOR A FEW DAYS...GET OUT!!" screamed Sam Mother as two of his waiters got him up and walked him out.. he looked like Hell..


Sweet Dick paid for our meals and straightened up the table and chair... He gave Sam Mother a couple of extra dollars for his trouble and he tipped his hat..

"Sorry about this sir." he said.



"That's okay fella... He's always startin trouble...He's the reason half of my regulars don't come in here to eat anymore.." said Sam Mother..


"Uncle Willie..He's a cop!" whispered Sepia. He smiled at Kimberly and kissed her cheek.

"I don't give a damn what he is...He's a pain in the ass.."said Sweet Dick..

I smiled..

"Much obliged...but if I were you..I'd uh make myself scarce for awhile.." I said.


"I got'cha Kev...Okay babe...Listen...I'll contact you tomorrow through Pink, Okay?" he said and left the diner..


Lt. Tragg was in the parking lot, vomiting and bleeding profusely....from his nose and swollen lip...His cheek was swollen and both of his eyes were nearly swollen shut..He hadn't expected a beating like that..

He saw Sepia and I getting in our car...

"MORRIS...I WANT TO TALK TO YOU...WHO WAS THAT GUY?" he asked.

"The hell if I Know." I said,lying and  laughing.. He beat you like he knew you." I said as I closed the door and started the car up.
"Kevin stopp!" said Sepia, trying to hide the fact that she was laughing too..

We pulled off and left him in the parking lot..swollen and bloody...


IV-

News Travels fast and bad news travels even faster or so the saying goes.. It didn't take long before all of our friends found out that Lt. Tragg had gotten the snot beaten out of him again..and not only that, was banned from the diner indefinitely.

Soon they were all eating there regularly..

"I heard Lt. Tragg got the snot beat out of him yesterday.."laughed Olivia Bennett-Alexander..
"Yeah, I heard Willie "Sweet Dick" Jenkins did it. I hope he keeps a low profile.. Tragg is going to be unhinged and on the look out for him.." said Donnie Ray..
"He's Aces with me.. I'll hide him out and give him free legal advice." said Beverly laughing....
"I'm sure Lt. Tragg started it...Picking at him while he was trying to eat...People aren't going to put up with that." said Nelson.
"Who does he think he is anyway?" asked Josie.
"Right now, the one who got his ass kicked.." said her husband Paris.
Bresha cracked up laughing...
So did her husband, Tony....

And at the table next to them...
"I heard Lt. Tragg got the snot beat out of him yesterday.."laughed Yvette Jones-Lockwood.
"Again? That's how many times in here alone?" asked her husband, Gary Lockwood, an investigator for the D.A.'s office.
"He'd better get some boxing lessons or something." said Keith Jones,laughing hysterically..
"Or learn to keep his mouth shut.." said Bee Bee.
"I'm sure Lt. Tragg started it...Picking at him while he was trying to eat...People aren't going to put up with that."said Sofia.
'' If he gets clocked enough he'll learn.. You know what they say about a hard head.."said Kahlil..
"His Head is pretty Hard ..This is how many times now?"asked Jade...
"Still I wished I'd been here to witness it..." laughed Virginia..

"Me too" said Jade's husband, Lt. Danny Ho of Robbery-Homicide... He had never liked Lt. Tragg.





Only newly engaged, Alfreda Johnson, herself no fan of Lt. Tragg and her fiance, ADA Rockland Cambridge were not weighing in...They were busy kissing passionately and holding hands...Something they wouldn't be able to do if Lt. Tragg was around....Not in here..


ADA Keith Wallace looked at them..He was happy for Rockland...he had found somebody.

"Mannnnn I wish I'd been here to see it.." said Dabnis..
"I just know you do...He didn't used to be like this.. I think he needs therapy.." said Jazzy..
"I agree." said Kayla..
"Or some Boxing Lessons." laughed Ray, who had knocked Lt. Tragg out in here himself a few months ago.

Jessica and Chip cracked up laughing...

The laughter was contagious...because across from them....


Detective Jimmy Barlow, a frequent target of Lt. Tragg was cracking up...He was banging his hands on the table...Almost in tears , hearing the news.....

"Your partner is enjoying the news a little too much." said Lt. Sissy Van Buren.
"I know..We might have to carry him out of here on a stretcher." said Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace.
"Yeah, we just might."said Tyriq,laughing himself..
''Ang, get your husband."said Duke.

"I don't know him...It's not that funny." said Angie..

"Ohhh yes the hell it is.." said Hop, who was laughing just as hard..
"WOwwwwwww!" observed his partner, Sirena...
"I'm sure Lt. Tragg started it...Picking at him while he was trying to eat...People aren't going to put up with that."said Sharon Hopkins, head of the FBI and ATF in the area and also no fan of Lt. Tragg.

''No they are not. He got just what he deserved.." said Hazel, who was also laughing...


Sam Mother was ecstatic...He should have tossed Lt. Tragg out months ago, he reasoned.... He was ecstatic..All of his old customers were back and the cash register was ringing..


MONDAY MORNING AT WORK-

''Well Hello Ladies." I said as my wife, Sepia and our friend, Bonnie Shay walked into my office.
"Heyyyy thought I'd visit my hubby at work..."said Sepia..
"We brought you lunch.." said Bonnie..



They brought a tray of hoagies... I was delighted...



"Why thank you!" I said.. We all chowed down..


I got a text message...


"THERE IS A SALE ON CRAB LEGS TODAY!" read the text.

That was from Pink!

Just as we were finishing our food.. Lt. Tragg burst in... He looked like hell.. His face was swollen and discolored.. Both of his eyes were still swollen...There was a cotton swab in his nose to stem the bleeding and his lip was still swollen..


"MORRIS... WHERE IS THAT MAN?   I WANT HIS NAME AND ADDRESS!" he snarled..


I sat back in my chair and stared daggers at him...Not saying a word..

"OHHH YOU WANT TO GET CUTE HUH?  I WANT A NAME AND AN ADDRESS OR I'LL BE IN HERE EVERY DAY WITH A TACTICAL UNIT and take this place apart bit by bit until it falls to the ground!" he snarled.
"You'd better have a warrant and probable cause or I'll slap the Philadelphia Police with another harrassment law suit that will make your head spin. You guys just lost a big one a few weeks ago...One with your name attached to it will put you back on that fishing boat." said Bonnie.


"YOU?? YOU'RE JUST A P.I." he snarled.


"I'm also an Attorney, Former Public Defender and Former Assistant District Attorney, City of New York...and presently a member of the Pennsylvania Bar." said Bonnie, showing him her ID.

"You come up here one more time without a proper warrant and I will get a Cease and Desist Order sworn out on you..YOU DO KNOW WHAT THAT IS, DON'T YOU?" said Bonnie, who knew about the ones that Olivia Bennett-Alexander, her entire crew and Yvette Jones-Lockwood and her entire crew had sworn out against him...He couldn't be 100 feet within their presence without a warrant. He had been carted off to jail at least six times already...The Last thing he needed was to have yet another Cease and Desist order on him...

Livid and Frustrated, Lt. Tragg stormed out of my office in a huff.
"Somebody isn't a happy camper..." said Sepia.

"To Hell with him.. Thanks Bonnie." I said and sighed..  I had my work cut out for me.

(TO BE  CONTINUED)

6 comments:

James Perkins said...

Loved This! It was sooo nice seeing all of the great Escapades charactors...The Musicians, Honey Brown, Gus, Sissy and the Cops .Robert Foxworth, Bonita, everybody and of course,Olivia,Beverly, Yvette and their associates...Almost all of these people made their debut in Kevin stories...How nice for them to show up again...

Anonymous said...

"When you kiss me the right way, My panties mysteriously vanish" That was a hot line that had my panties flying in the air!

Judith said...

LOL! Nothing new there anonymous.....Great story Keith!

Toni said...

Love Love Loved this story...It was like a visit with old friends!

Angie B. said...

Nice lead in story!

Sunflower said...

Great seeing all of your old, but classic charactors..It was in deed like a visit from long lost friends..