Friday, May 27, 2022

The Undoing of Men


 TWO WEEKS LATER-



We had gotten through the preliminaries...


Neither Olivia , Nor ADA Brad Dell had given an inch....We had got to see just how dilligent and prepared of an Assistant District Attorney he was... A very competant man who paid attention to detail..

Despite that, he wasn't prepared for Voir Dire and Nelson used every trick in the book to grab us the very type of juror we wanted and we wound up getting all 12 of our jurors...



He saw how Olivia's "troops" as he called Beverly, Josie and Bresha were very adept at Laws, Predicates, Depositions and like cases pretaining to this case.. The three young ladies kept him on his toes that entire week..


Judge Elise Cummings was impressed with Olivia
 and how well she prepared the lawyers under her as well as with my meticulous investigation..

whic was much more telling and revealing than Lt. Tragg's investigation..which paled in comparison.

All of the legal mumbo jumbo bored him and he was caught dozing several times...

who had basically replaced him with an investigator from the D.A.'s office..


Kate Summers...Who was trying to play catch up..


Lt. Tragg was certainly interested...

"VA VA VA VOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" he drooled , staring at her huge breasts....

But Kate Summers was having none of his foolishness.. After two days of removing his hands from under her skirt and finally slapping the daylights out of him on the final day of the preliminaries..She refused to sit next to him..


ADA Dell sat between them and informed Lt. Tragg.

"As I told you...you are off this case.. Ms. Summers is handling the investigation.. Your uh talents are no longer needed... I have informed your Captain... Captain Cantrell and you'll be getting a call from him and your Deputy of Operations shortly." he said.

His phone rang...

"I have to take this your honor." he said.
''Take it outside....We are done here anyway...We have a jury....Trial will begin the day after tomorrow
be on time and be ready for trial." said Judge Cummings.

"Good Morning My Esteemed Deputy Of Operations , How are you?" said a smiling Lt. Tragg.

''Yes sir...Well I was in charge of the investigation...We interviewed all 523 party guests and we kept abreast of the the Medical Examiners investigation daily..No sir, I did not interview the DJ or his crew...Well sir, I-I -I was running an efficient investigation regardless.. REGARDLESS OF WHAT THAT PRICK ADA DELL SAID!!!  No sir, I have not lost my mind...I'm sorry if I raised my voice.. Sir, Sir, now look, you can't take me off of this case, ...I closed this case...I MADE THE ARREST!!! What's that sir?   NO, I did not know the other man whose semen was found in the girl has been found....He was arrested and released??... No I was not aware of that...No I haven't interviewed him yet....What do you mean there is no need for me to do that, this is my case.... I will be glad to work with D.A. Investigator Ms. Summers...What is that? She asked not to work with me?? I'm off the case?  Sir you can't do that!You can do what you damn well please!! Yes Sir...Yes SIRRRRRRR SIRRRRRR!" He said and put his phone back in his pocket..


Lt. Tragg was furious...and it showed on his face..

"It doesn't look like the Lieutenant got the best news." said Beverly...
"I think he just got told he's off the case." said Olivia.
"Yeah , he won't make a very good breakfast partner...  I have an idea.. Let's go to that Diner we went to the other night." I said.
"The one near Stoleys?  That's an excellent idea." said Nelson.
"Yessss..." said Josie.
Bresha removed our client's hand from her butt..
"Breshaaaaaaa... My casts come off next week and I begin my rehab...No more wheelchair.....It's uh ten inches long." he whispered in her ear... Since he had seen Beverly with Nelson...Bresha had become his latest obsession.
"That's nice that your casts will be coming off.." said Bresha...

Just then her husband, Tony  and Ray came out of another courtroom....

''Heyyyy Guys... we just finished our case." said Tony...

"Your cousin is down the hallway with her fine self." said Ray, speaking of his wife, Kayla..
''Hey Tone, Ray...We are going to a new diner to eat...Join us.. Here comes Kayla..She can eat with us too." said Beverly..
''Wallace...This is my HUSBAND, Attorney Tony Billips." said Bresha.
"Pleased to make your acquaintance." said Tony...Who pulled Bresha to him.....
"Give me some sugar baby!" he said.
"Ouuuuuuuuuu, she said surprisingly....as she kissed him slowly and passionately...

Wallace's heart sunk....seeing them kissing.

''Well, here comes Kayla..We all might as well take off.."said Olivia, kissing her cousin on the cheek and hugging her..

"Hi Baby!" she said.

"Hiiii Cousin Liv, Cousin Donnie Ray, Guys." said Kayla..

"Hey Sexy!" said her husband, Ray,


 who kissed her also..

"The Car is outside...Let's go guys."said Nelson..
"Coming Wally?" asked Josie.
"Uh No...You guys enjoy...I'm uh going back to the hotel." said Wallace..



It was a tight fit...but we made it work..and we headed for the diner.

II-


We all went to the diner down the street from Stoley's Lounge.. The 24 Hour Diner..

"I've never been in here, but I knew about this place...Right down the street from Stoleys." said Kayla.
"Yeah, the hipster joint."said Ray.
''Next time we hang out in Stoleys, We should all stop in here for a bite... Their Chicken Fried Steak is delish." said Beverly.
"Olivia ,your family is beautiful.. I see you in both Beverly and Kayla...I can tell you are all related." observed Bresha.
''Awwwwwww thank youuuuuu Bresha." said Olivia.
"Bennett Women... That's why I married into this family to say I'm related to all three of these beautiful Bennett Women..." said Ray..




Kayla , Beverly and Olivia cracked up laughing..


I smiled.. but I agreed with Ray, it was incredible being related to these three beautiful women and the beautiful women in their orbit..
"I even like the way this place smells." said Josie.
"I know...It makes you want to eat." laughed Nelson.
"Yeah, for real." laughed Tony...








Our orders came, Pancakes, Hash Browns, Sausage, Omelettes, Orange Juice and Coffee... 

It felt good to eat and enjoy our meal with no fear of whining and brow beating by Lt. Tragg...

Luther Sanders, The D.J. , who we subpoenaed , who we know was the other man to have sex with our deceased victim, Yasmin Dorcel that night was also in the diner eating... He saw us dining  as he received a text from ADA Brad Dell.

"I NEED A BUMP, TO TAKE THE EDGE OFF...WHERE CAN WE MEET?" - B.D

He responded- "Look, those attorneys are in here now eating...The trial begins day after tomorrow...I absolutely can NOT testify or be involved in this in any way...Now get me off the hook Mr. Assistant District Attorney."

"There is nothing I can do..I removed the copies of the DNA report from the police evidence lab and the Medical Examiners lab, they've got nothing. NOTHING....Now come on, hook me up."-B.D.

"They subpoenaed me..They must have something...Look again... I can't testify at that damn trial..Now fix this or get your fix from somewhere else."










III-


The Trial Began...

"No Comment!  No comment until after the trial." said Olivia.
She was once again photographed wheeling  fellow Attorney, Public defender, Wallace Madison into court.. 




I followed behind her, flanked by Nelson, Beverly, Josie and Bresha , who like Olivia had comment for the press.
who were snapping photos and asking questions anyway... This trial had taken on a life of it's own and had now become the talk of the town...
Lt. Tragg was there at the courthouse, even though he was no longer on the case...

"Artie, is it true that the District Attorney's office is now in charge of the investigation?  You've been taken off the case?" asked reporters...

"I guess they want at least a shot at winning this case huh?" laughed another reporter..


"THAT'S IT LOU!!! KNUCKLE SANDWICH TIME!." shouted Lt. Tragg, who waded into the crowd and began swinging... Tables were knocked over...People fell to the ground and uniformed officers had to pull reporters off of Lt. Tragg, who was in a pitched battle with the press..

"This usually happens after the trial." said Nelson chuckling..
"I know, let's get into the courtroom.."said Olivia.
''Wow , this is going to make National News...I know it." said Wallace Madison..




"Let's get inside that courtroom, come on." I said as more uniformed police took control of the area and quelled the mini melle'.
"Wow! Never a dull moment..."said Beverly, who was used to being involved in the big ones as she refferred to these kind of trials, Trials that kept her and her aunt ,myself, her husband and the rest of our staff in the newspapers and on television. She swore I was the good luck charm that brought her and her auntie celebrity..

''Before you came, we were just two lawyers in a city of many...We didn't start having fun until you came along and we wound up with all these bizzarre cases." she said. 


To be honest...I was just an ex-Homicide Detective who went to work for two very attractive attorneys... I wasn't involved in these wild cases until I met the two of them...
"Come on Bree, take my hand, follow me in." said Josie, grabbing Bresha's hand like the big sister she was to Bresha and Bresha following along.
Bresha wasn't used to these after courtroom brawls between Lt. Tragg and the press..This one was a little early...but it was what it was..

"OH MY GOD....THAT MAN NEEDS PYSCHIATRIC ATTENTION!" scoffed Bresha as she entered the courtroom..
Judge Elise Cummings called the trial to Order.
ADA Brad Dell was a damn good attorney and during the week when he called Police who were at the scene, Medical Examiner personell and Crime Scene Investigators he showed the brilliance that his reputation spoke of..

Like Olivia and Beverly, he was an excellent story teller..

His Investigator, Ms. Summers was playing catch up....All of the information she was compiling was information that ironically had already been gleaned from both the Tragg investigation and my investigation...Nothing New....
For two weeks he called all of the 523 party guests that night..




Olivia, Beverly, Josie, Nelson and Bresha had studied the depositions and statements they all gave and paid close attention to what these witnesses were saying now and what they said in signed affadavits and on video tape to me and Beverly... On cross examination they tied each witness up..


This frustrated ADA Dell to no avail... He got so angry, he found himself screaming and yelling and kicking the table with his fruitless objections...

Which found Judge Elise Clemmons threatening him with contempt..



Olivia, Beverly and Nelson, masters at this game, showed their prowess and knowledge of laws, Predicates and like cases and used this knowledge in countless rebuttals which frustrated the usually unflappable ADA Dell.


He was sweating profusely and shaking...

His investigator , Ms. Summers noticed it...She kept staring at him...
Josie noticed it as she prepared some notes on his last day of presenting the prosecutions case.

''Donnie Ray, I think he's sick...He's sweating,look at the back of his suit jacket ! This place is air conditioned. And he keeps shaking." she said.
"I know...That's the classic sign of withdrawal....He hasn't had a fix in days and he's starting to feel it." I said.
"His connect, Mr. Sanders won't hook him up ,because he can't get him out of testifying.."said Bresha..


ADA Brad Dell closed his case.... He realized he was in trouble...


"I almost never say this Liv...But the jury is 12-0 to acquit,..He didn't prove a damn thing." said Nelson.

"The defense calls Mr. Luther Sanders to the stand.."said Olivia.
"I OBJECT!!! The Prosecution was not aware of this witness and there is no record of him in Discovery at all... We need time to at least look at his testimony and evidence and explore it." said ADA Dell.
"It's been in Discovery for weeks..And there is evidence.. Evidence you could have seen."said Olivia.
"I'm afraid she's right...I have a copy of his DNA report and if you had checked discovery, The report from the Police Investigation and the Report from the Medical Examiners Office is here...It is not my fault if you are not prepared.. I said be prepared for trial, did I not???.. I'll alow his testimony."said Judge Clemmons.

"WHAT? It couldn't be... It couldn't be... I- I-.....Oh for god's sake... You made copies.... Oh for god's sake.." he said and slumped down in his chair..

''Brad, are you alright?" asked Ms. Summers... "I told you I saw his DNA results two days ago..." she said.
"Counselor, Do you need water?  Do you need a minute?/" asked the Judge..
"No...Noooooo, just go ahead!" said ADA Brad Dell.....
"Luther.... you were working the Egyptian club that night weren't you?" asked Olivia.
"No, I wasn't there... At all..I was working at Stoleys." he said angrilly.
"Let me remind you that perjury carries a harsh penalty... I have your work schedule at Stoleys..I thought you might use that as an alibi... You didn't work that night...and I have five people.. Look out there in the spectators section , who have signed affadavits , admitting that you and them all were working the Egyptian club that night. They are prepared to testify to as much."said Beverly...
"Of course there are no cameras in the Egyptian club, but there are Street and Traffic cams outside of the club and we got your van on film arriving and leaving the Flomar building lot that day.. The Flomar Building is where the club is located and there are a number of staff members who will testify that you were working as a DJ...One of two that night." said Nelson..

"Alright , I was working there so what?" said Luther, who was frustrated and embarrassed to be caught in a lie. He was furious at ADA Dell for not getting him out of this.
Olivia pointed to a 46 inch monitor ,which showed the jury a photo of the late Yasmin Dorcel.
"You knew this girl, Yasmin Dorcel, didn't you?  And you saw her there that night.. You had sex with her didn't you?" asked Olivia.

"No I didn't..I've never seen that girl in my life!" said a defiant Luther Sanders..
"See those two girls sitting in the front row?  Stand up Ladies." said Josie.

The two girls stood up..

"They would beg to differ Mr. Sanders.. They know you! They are close friends of Yasmin and they are here to testify that you sold them Heroin, Cocaine, Fentynol and Marijuana all the time , for money and sometimes for sex... Only they said, Yasmin would never sleep with you, she paid in cash... Except that night.. Your semen is all over her panties, Your saliva is on her bra... Here is the document to prove it.!"said Josie,showing the DNA results and showing the jury the document on a 64 inch screen.

"You do know her...You know her quite well." said Josie.
"So you finally got lucky... You saw her , high as a kite and drunk that night....and you finally got your chance to sleep with her...

These are the panties and the bra she wore that night...Recognize them ? My client slept with her...and then passed out..She was wandering around in just her underwear when she came across you and you slept with her and YOU STRANGLED HER, DIDN'T YOU???" asked Bresha.


"No..No...I aint sayin nothin else...NO!" he screamed....

Olivia rested her case!


''We proved reasonable doubt....That's all we had to do.. I'm 100 percent certain we did that."said Olivia.
"But we didn't get him to confess... I was trying hard to goad him into a confession." said Bresha.
"That's okay..He Perjured himself at least three times....Said He wasn't working that night.. We proved he was, Said he didn't know the victim prior to her being there, We proved he did and exposed him as a drug dealer and said he didn't have sex with her..We proved he did!" said Josie.
"You guys keep forgetting.. He was not on trial..We weren't prosecuting him, We were just trying to put reasonable doubt in the jury's minds...The Prosecutions whole case was that Wallace's semen was in the girl and there for he had to have killed her...He was the only one who could have done it!  Well, there was somebody else's semen in her.. maybe he killed her. That's all we were trying to do, create reasonable doubt!"said Nelson.
"Yeah, Nelson makes a lot of sense."said Wallace, who as a lawyer himself perfectly understood the strategy. 

He felt guilty about lusting after Nelson's wife, Beverly. He still found himself staring at her breasts, her legs, her body in general..but 

He liked Nelson.. 

He liked him a lot and respected him as an attorney.
"Nelson is right..We put in the jury's mind that someone else might have done it and it didn't have to be our client...The fact that he perjured himself three times helped us even more." said Olivia.
"You're right..but I expected the jury to come back with a verdict quickly and it doesn't look like they are.,"said Beverly.
"It's raining..Let's go home." I said as we filed out of the courtroom.



IV-

NIGHTFALL CAME!

It was a rainy night...



Olivia and I were home.
"Ohhhhhhhhhhh" we both moaned as we kissed passionately...
"That jury should have come back with a decision in one hour.." I moaned.
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ,we have a smart jury...They are looking at every detail.. I like juries like that." Olivia cooed softly...

"I'm looking at every detail of you." I said raffishly...

"I see, you're practically looking through my baby doll." said Olivia, smiling seductively.

Her panties and bra  were  on the ottoman...I slipped her sheer purple babydoll up and entered her slowly..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned.



"UMMMMMMPH, DAMN YOU FEEL GOOD GIRL!" I moaned, entering her doggy style...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU LAWD! SO DO YOUUUUUUUUUUU!" moaned Olivia.


We sat on the side of the bed...

"UMMMMMMMMMMM LET ME DRIVE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!" she whispered..easing herself up and down on me...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYY GODDDD!!!" I moaned.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" I groaned as we began making sweet love on the bed....



"OUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEYOUUUUUUUUUU!" squealed Olivia with glee...Her legs shaking, her head turning from side to side..tears streaming down her face...as I lifted her up..

I had her legs opened wide and was plowing into her on the bathroom sink..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!! DONNIE RAY!!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT!" she moaned.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M GOING CRAZY!" I said. she was right, I didn't know what to do next..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!! OUUUU WOUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she screamed.
Olivia was easing down on me, moving up and down and kissing me softly...as we sat on the side of the bed again..


She was riding me like a surfer rides a wave and cooing and experiencing one intense orgasm after another....


We were making slow, smooth  and sweet love....


NINE TO TEN HOURS gently slipped by.. We finished on the bedroom floor...really going at it..



I was soon cumming so hard...my body was trembling....So was Olivia..We both were smiling...


and continuing to kiss..


"Ouuuuuuuuuu, we were straight nasty tonight Donnie Ray." Olivia said as she lie on my chest, both of us breathing heavily..

"YES...YES WE WERE ." I agreed as we dozed off.


THE NEXT MORNING! 11:00 AM.

Wallace Madison, our client awaited us as we returned to the courtroom the next morning.

"The Jury has come to a decision." he said.
"See ? That wasn't long was it?" said Olivia.
Beverly smiled... She hoped that her Aunt and her husband was right about this jury...She felt as though they should have come back with a fast verdict.
So Did I.....We just didn't get enough to really pin the murder on Luther Sanders.. All the jury knew was that both men had had sex with the girl... and that didn't mean that either of them killed the girl.
Nelson remained confident that the jury was going to break our way.
So did Josie..
Bresha was a bit apprehensive.
ADA Brad Dell felt as though he had won this case..In his mind, We hadn't proved that Wallace Madison hadn't killed the girl.
But his investigator, Ms. Summers felt as though we had won ,that we had poked enough holes in their case to convince the jury that their client was innocent or at least doubtful of his guilt..Which after all was all we as defense attorneys had to do.
We all took our seats.
"Has the jury come to a decision?" asked Judge Clemmons.

"Yes your honor, we have." said the foreman.

"Baillif, bring me the verdict" she said.

She read the verdict and she sighed.. Then passed it to him.

"Read it!" she said.

"IN THE MATTER OF COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA VS WALLACE E.MADISON ON THE CHARGE OF SEXUAL ASSAULT, WE FIND THE DEFENDENT, NOT GUILTY.

ON THE CHARGE OF MANSLAUGHTER, WE FIND THE DEFENDENT , NOT GUILTY

ON THE MOST SERIOUS CHARGE OF MURDER IN THE SECOND DEGREE, WE FIND THE DEFENDENT, NOT GUILTY!!!!!! he said.

"I would like to thank the members of the jury for your participation, your attention to detail and your patience.. You are here by dischared...You can pick up your checks from the  bailiffs at the door." said Judge Elise Clemmons.
"What did I tell you? I knew we had this jury pegged right." said Nelson.
"You were right sweetie..Come here." said Beverly..
She and Nelson stood in the corner kissing passionately..
"Thank you again Donnie Ray,Your investigation was once again, spot on..." said Olivia..
''Don't I get a kiss?" I asked raffishly..

"But of course.." said Olivia, motioning with her finger for me to come to her..
She gave me a nice ,slow ,soft, passionate kiss.

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu you want a replay of last night don't you?" asked Olivia..

"Yesssssss...Yes I do!" I said.

Newly freed Wallace Madison looked at Bresha slyly and said- "Don't I get a congratulatory kiss? as a parting gift?" he asked.
Bresha sighed and said.

''We won 100 Large for you in a civil settlement and we helped you beat a murder rap...Isn't that a congratulatory gift enough?" she asked.

Josie laughed..


ADA  Brad Dell had lost his first case as an Assistant District Attorney in Philadelphia.


I walked over to him... I showed him a photo of him buying Heroin from Luther Sanders..

"I didn't bring this to anybody's attention..It had nothing to do with our case." I said.


He looked at me in horror.

"What, What do you want?" he asked.


"I want you to get yourself some help....You're a very good lawyer..Don't blow your career continuing to snort H." I said and I walked away..



He looked relieved. He watched us as we left the courtroom..







He stood in the empty courtroom and wept!


EPILOUGE-


Assistant District Attorney Brad Dell took a leave of absence to get some help.. He put himself in a rehab..

He took himself out in just three weeks.

He was found in his car a few weeks later on a street corner, Dead from a Heroin Overdose.

They say every dog has his day...

Lt. Tragg arrested  Luther Sanders for the murder of  Yasmin Dorcel. He got lucky... Luther Sanders confessed to accidentally choking her during sex on the bathroom floor.. He was convicted of Manslaughter and sentenced to 5-7 years.


Another day at the Office/Duplex we called home.
"Nice to have a few days with no cases looming."sighed Olivia.
"You better knock on wood..When you say that, we get a big case." I laughed.
''A Bizzare one."laughed Beverly.
"Anybody hear from Wallace Madison?" asked Nelson.


"I saw him the day I had to go to court for that appointment last week.  He's still a Public Defender..
In fact, his casts are off. He's walking again.. He limps a little bit. but he's walking now.." said Olivia.

Josie looked slyly at Bresha..


So did Nelson....

''Josie, don't even." said Bresha. "Nelson, not you too! I thought you were my buddy." said Bresha, laughing.



Beverly, Josie and Olivia all gave Bresha the side eye and cracked up laughing.

No comments: