Monday, September 14, 2026

Video Viral

 

We were sitting in the courthouse waiting area , awaiting a verdict in our fifth trial....This was the longest trial of any of our careers..  In June, Yvette and her crew had been involved in a case like this  that lasted five trials against Bruce Greene.We were defending a prostitute named Parita Barrows on a First Degree Murder Charge.


She was accused of killing a preacher , found alone in a hotel room..  She admitted that she had slept with the preacher before , but not on the night of his murder...She was in fact with another of her "john's" who I had failed to locate.


She had fired four Public Defenders she had been given and our friend, Natika Sommers, who headed the Public Defenders office 

now asked us to take on her case. The City was paying us scale to represent Ms. Barrows. 

 "Oh My god, Four hung juries...I don't know if I can handle a fifth....I've never had a case that lasted this long. This is just like Yvette's case back in June." said Olivia.
 
"If Only I could have located the man Parita claims she was with...That is her alibi." I said,.


''Well, there was other compelling evidence in her favor and we've used it." said Beverly.
"It hasn't been enough so far...We haven't been able to convince an entire jury." said Nelson.

"Wowwwww...We may have lost this one guys...She's pretty good." said Josie.


"The Best we've gone up against."said Bresha.


The "Best" she was talking about was Assistant District Attorney Monique Raye... After losing her first case to Yvette and her team... She piled up 49 straight victories in court....before facing us in which the first the jury hung 6-6..


This was her second time working with Lt. Tragg. She hadn't worked with him since her first case in which she had lost to Yvette's team.


We had our favorite judge, Kelly Anne Mercer....It still didn't matter.


Monique refiled murder charges as we expected...


We had Judge Julie Wong.


The Jury hung 7-5 our way...


Monique refiled the murder charges and we endured a Third Trial

under Judge Telma Bailey...

The Jury Hung 7-5 again in our favor....


Monique again refiled murder charges ,much to our dismay...

We got Judge Paul Scanlon, definitely not a friend to a defense attorney and our least favorite Judge...

The Jury hung 6-6 again....

 


An exhausted Olivia filed a motion to drop all charges , arguing
that four trials was enough and that nothing had been proven either way and four trials was putting our client through enough.

Again , we were before Judge Scanlon..who shot us down and we headed towards Trial Five...which just ended yesterday and brings us to today...

We sat in the courthouse waiting area...Josie and Bresha brought us all coffees..



"Coffee's everybody.." said Josie...She looked cheerful.



 


Bresha passed them out to each of us and our client...


"I want to thank you guys....You really did a bang up job....unlike my previous attorneys, you believed in me, you didn't ask me to plea bargain...Though now I can see why they would have...I didn't give you much to work with." said Parita Barrows.


"We are doing the best we can...I must admit, this was a difficult case."said Olivia.


" Normally I would be angry at a Prosecutor who kept refiling charges...I remember how angry Yvette was at Bruce Greene, but I'm not angry at Monique..She's uh just doing her job...She's new and trying to make a go of things."said Beverly.

"Despite losing her very first case, she's racked up 49 straight convictions...I don't feel sorry for her.
She's taken us through five trials and four hung juries....She's doing just fine."snarled an unusually bitter Nelson.

"Come on, the Jury has come back...Hopefully with a verdict, one way or the other." I said as we filed into the courtroom.

Ironically enough...We had Judge Kelly Anne again on this trial...She could see how exhausted , everyone involved was...


"All Rise for the Honorable Judge Kelly Anne Mercer." said the Bailiff.


"Be Seated...Has the Jury reached a verdict?" she asked.


"We have your Honor.." said the Jury Foreman...(ironically enough, one of  Monique Raye's picks..(Nelson had won a narrow 7-5 victory over her in juror selection in every trial._)

The Jury foreman passed the verdict to the Bailiff..


He passed it to Judge Kelly Anne.


She read it..She looked relieved....That meant that this was not a hung jury.

"Will the defendant and her attorneys please stand." she said.

Parita Barrows , who surprisingly only had one prior conviction that was suspended with no jail time looked at spending the rest of her life behind bars...She had never been in prison before..She was scared. Her palms were sweaty...She held Olivia's hand. 

Olivia was exhausted...She had an appeal planned if there was a conviction, but she didn't look forward to yet another trial.
 
I held her other hand...


Beverly surprisingly looked hopeful, she believed in this jury.
So did her husband, Nelson..It was the best jury he had picked out of the five he thought.

No one could tell what was on Josie's mind, she was just staring blankly into space.


Bresha looked quietly hopeful.


"Bailiff, would you read the verdict please?" said Judge Kelly Anne.


"WE THE PEOPLE, REPRESENTING THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA FIND THE DEFENDENT, PARITA BARROWS NOT GUILTY ON THE CHARGE OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER!" he said.

"OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!! NOT GUILTY!!! OH MY GODDDDDD!" screamed a happy Parita Barrows..."YOU GUYS ARE THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH!" she screamed joyously, jumping up and down...



Olivia and Beverly joyously leaped into the air and high fived each other..Screaming
"WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Five Trials, Four hung juries and finally an Acquittal






Olivia gave me a wet ,sloppy kiss...




Beverly gave Nelson, a slow ,sweet kiss....


"I'm so thankful for you guys...."said Parita to Josie and Bresha.


"So what's next for you Parita?" asked Josie.


''Well..my days of being a working girl are over...No more of that for me.. I'll enroll in Community College, try to get me a straight job or something." said Parita.

"That's good." said Bresha.


ADA Monique Raye walked over to us...

"I suppose congratulations are in order....You guys were the best I ever went up against and I never want to see you in court again!" she said, laughing..... "WOW! Five trials... I'm just glad it's over..  Next time I see you guys out....I'll buy a round of drinks for you, on me." said Monique.


"That's nice....I could go for a few cold ones myself, tonight." said Olivia.

"Girrrrl, I just want to go home, get out of these heels and get a nice hot shower..."said Monique.


"Girrrrrrrrrl! You aint never lied." said Beverly....


Lt. Tragg watched them all from afar...He couldn't believe the ADA and The Defense Attorneys were sitting and laughing and talking with each other after the war they had...5 trials..5 trials, 4 hung juries...
He couldn't believe it... Then he remembered what Olivia told him years ago..



"Lt. Tragg ,We don't take these cases personally, it's a job...our job...Win some , Lose some, appeal and then on to the next." she had said.




II-


Halfway across town Monique Raye entered her condo...



As she had told Olivia and Beverly, all she wanted was a nice hot shower...


She kicked her heels off and walked to her shower...

She always turned it on before she was fully undressed so that the water would be nice and hot when she got in...


Only this time was different....The water came on....for a minute and then went off...Nothing.... She went to her kitchen sink..

Same thing....no water at all.





Furious, she called the Assistant Condo Association manager, who also lived in her building.


Alfred Todd was in her condo within thirty minutes.... He had a strange sneering smile on his face...

"Ummmmmmm Hmmmm it appears your water is off.." he said.


"Gee Captain Obvious...That's why I called you...Can you get the water back on?" she asked.


"Not this late...I can have someone here the day after tomorrow..." he said.


"WHAT? What am I supposed to do in the meanwhile?" she asked incredulous...


"Welllll uh...I have a first floor condo...with a full refrigerator and some wine....You could spend the night with me....I've been wanting to get in your panties for awhile now...heh heh heh?" he laughed, moving into her personal space.


"You're kidding right?" she said.. "Absolutely not!" she said. She pushed him away.


"Suit yourself....but if you change your mind...You have my phone number." he said and quietly left.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned.  She called her boyfriend, Judge A. Roger Cockrill.
There was no answer on his phone..It went to voicemail.

She packed two overnight bags and placed them in her car..


She drove to his apartment complex.. 


It was dark and empty and then she remembered.....He was out of town....In Atlanta at a convention....

She drove around until she settled on going to Josie's Bar....It was halfway across town, but the crowd was friendly and she needed to hear some good music, and drink a few cold ones before trying to find a hotel.


People from all over town drove to Josies....It was famous for a good time...


From Bartender and Owner, Gus's witticisms to the great music played there...


Tonight 5 DJ's were spinning...


and the crowd was loud and boisterous...

She was shocked to see Olivia and I, who she'd just seen in court earlier that day...

"Oh My God!  Monique...I didn't expect to see you here.."said Olivia.

"Heyyyyy ADA Raye....Is that offer for a round of drinks still on?" I joked..


''Sure.... Lord knows I need it. Remember I told you I was going home, kick off my heels and take a nice hot shower?   Well I got to my building and I couldn't get any water...Not in the shower, not in the kitchen sink.  The toilet wasn't even working." she explained.

"Oh My God!  Did you call someone?" asked Olivia.


"Yes, I called the sleazy Assistant Condo Association Manager , who lives on the first floor of my building.  He said he couldn't get a plumber out until the day after tomorrow." said Monique.

"WHATTTTTTTT?" I asked, incredulous...


"Then he said I could spend the night with him that he had plenty of good running water... I declined of course..." said Monique.


"Oh My God...What did you do?" asked Olivia.

"I packed two overnight bags and got in my car and just drove around...I decided I'd have some cold ones and listen to some music and ten look for a hotel for a couple of nights." said Monique.

"You don't have to do that....I have a spare apartment in my duplex....You can stay with us after we leave here... Is your car in the parking lot?" asked Olivia.

"Yes....Oh Thank You Olivia...I am forever in your debt." said Monique.


"Come on upstairs...we have rented a suite..." I said.


"WHAT?" asked Monique.

"We all live within walking distance of here....We know the owner personally....So we get to reserve this upstairs at a moments notice."said Olivia.

"Oh Myyyy!" said Monique.

Monique followed us upstairs..



To Josie's upstairs lounge, where we had rented out the top for our group.. What she saw and WHO she saw amazed her... 

"Come on up, take a seat...We'll take a rain check on that round.. just relax and enjoy!" said Olivia.
"Olivia, you are too kind.." said Monique.
 
''Where is your uh significant other?" I asked.
"He's Out of town, In Atlanta....I went to his apartment first..." said Monique, who told us about her predicament.
"This guy in your building.. This Assistant Condominium Manager....He told you he couldn't get a plumber until the day after tomorrow and then made a sexual advance toward you at that? Oh No.. You need to take him to court."said Beverly..
"Yes, we should...You just say the word..." said Nelson.


"Awwwwww thank you, I'll let you know." said Monique, smiling.

"Here have a seat, there is plenty of room." said Josie.
"Here, have a cold one." said Paris , who passed her a beer..

"Imagine this... You, the ADA who took us through our longest trial, drinking with us."said Bresha.
"Yeah, we could take a photo and blackmail you."laughed Tony.

"Oh stop it you guys." said Alfreda.

"Nice having you with us."said Rockland.

 

"It is nice being here...Hiiii Yvette." said Monique. 

 "Well Hello."said Yvette, embracing Monique.

"Hello Lady." said Gary.

"Hiii..Nice of you to join us." said 
"Yesss, take a seat!" said Bee Bee , who passed her a beer.
"I knew we were going to run into you sooner or later." said Sofia.
" Hello Monique, Nice seeing you again Monique." said Kahlil.

"Yes, nice seeing you again Monique." said Jade.


"Hello Lady!" said Danny Ho.


"Nice of you to come out...Have a seat." said Virginia.

"Where is Rodger?" asked Jetty.

"He's in Atlanta..."said Monique...











A Lot of drinks were served....

 

"Hi Monique" said Jazzy...

"Hi Monique" said Dabnis..
"Hi Monique" said Kayla.
"Hi Monique" said Ray.
"Wellll Hello....I didn't expect to see you here."said Natika, who was here without Lester Burke tonight.
"Hello!" said Jessica...
Her husband, Chip nodded as he sipped a beer.
''Well Hello Lady."said Karen...
"Hello." said B.L.
"WOWWW! Five trials , you are something else..."said Natalie.
"You guys took them to three."said her husband, David.
"They are tenacious, I'll say that." laughed Brooke.


"Oh My God!  We went to hell and back with that trial.  I'm so glad it's over ,even if I didn't win." said Monique.

"I hear you." laughed Sean.
" Nice of you to come out and enjoy drinks with us.." said Zoey...
"Nice you discovered our hang out..."said Lem.
"One of many."laughed Renee.
"I know right?" said Tyrell.
"Relax, sit a spell." said Lee.
"Yeah...relax...you're among friends tonight." said Matthew.




Nina and her husband Carlos and Serendipity and her boyfriend,  Kevin all passed drinks around and sat back, relaxing...

Monique felt very relaxed being around all of us and very warm...She liked that we were so inviting and friendly tonight.







Monique drove us home....She saw our neighborhood and where everyone lived...She was amazed that we all lived in the same neighborhood and just walking distance from Josie's...


She arrived at our Office/Duplex and our Sub-Basement Apartment.


She had a Bedroom, a 50 inch Television Monitor with streaming and cable, a shower and a chest of drawers..

Like the rest of our building there was Central Air..

"You can stay as long as you need to Monique..." said Olivia.

"Ohhhhhh thank you Olivia...I could never think of you as an enemy in any situation.... I love you and your friends."said Monique. She hugged Olivia.



Beverly brought clean sheets and pillow cases...


"Thank You....You guys are angels." said Monique.


Monique took a nice long , hot shower...and slept well and comfortable that night....




III-


THREE DAYS LATER-

We were in the office of Assistant Condo Association manager, Alfred Todd. He was stunned..
"Now Mrs. Bennett-Alexander, there is no need for an attorney to uh be here...This matter can be taken care of." he explained. 

"We were just in her unit and the water was still off." said Olivia.
 
"I checked all of the other units and the water and other utilities are working just fine.." I said.
"This sounds like a lame attempt by you to get into some panties for the night." said Beverly.
"That's sexual harrassment as well as other things." said Nelson.
"I see a huge lawsuit here don't you Bree?" said Josie.

"I sure do..." said Bresha.


"Now hold on, wait a minute!!!....There is no need for that...I'll have the water on in her unit within hours..I'll call the plumber right now." he said.

"Make sure you do. or we'll be back and we'll be back with papers." said Olivia.


"Nooooooooo. No Need for that." he said.   He was definitely rattlled...


When Monique moved back into her condo an hour later....The water was on , running just fine and so was everything else....

ONE WEEK LATER- SATURDAY MORNING!



Monique was down the street from her condo at the neighborhood coffee shop, she was on her way to the laundromat.


She was in a hurry to get her coffee and was complaining that several people who had come after her 
had been served first.


The Barista in particular had a pretty nasty attitude...


Monique finally got her coffee and then turned around...


There was a woman behind her....She tried to side step her, but the woman seemed to walk right in front of her.. This went on for a few seconds before, Monique tripped and spilled her coffee on the woman..


"OH MY GOD! YOU'VE SPILLED HOT COFFEE ALL OVER ME! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!" the woman screamed...


"I'm sooo sorry...It was an accident, believe me...I'm sooo sorry...." said Monique..


"IT WAS NO ACCIDENT,,YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE....OHHHHHHHHH I'VE BEEN SCALDED... AWWWW LAWWWWWWD!   OH MY GOD! YOU'VE SPILLED HOT COFFEE ALL OVER ME! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!" the woman screamed...

"You're hysterical....Look, here is my business card....I'll pay for your dry cleaning.."said Monique.


"HYSTERICAL??? HYSTERICAL??  HYSTERICAL????..OHHHHHHHHH I'VE BEEN SCALDED... AWWWW LAWWWWWWD!   OH MY GOD! YOU'VE SPILLED HOT COFFEE ALL OVER ME! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!" the woman screamed...


"WHAT A BITCH!!!!!" said the Barista...

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?   I'LL NEVER COME TO THIS COFFEE SHOP EVER AGAIN!" screamed Monique.

Unknown to Monique, The entire thing was being filmed....in surround sound and sent to Facebook, X, Instagram and other social media sites with her name and position. The Viral altercation began getting 
hits and soon the News Media had it....

ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY POURS SCALDING HOT COFFEE ON CITY ATTORNEY!

What a mess!

IV-



"What you doin?" I asked Olivia.


I was on my laptop looking up Monique- I was just curious about her background."said Olivia.


MONIQUE RAYE-

Born and Raised in Philadelphia Pa.

Mother, a School Teacher, Father an Insurance Agent, who later became an Attorney.

Graduated from West Catholic High School.

Won A Crawley Full Scholarship to Yale University

BA-Trial Advocacy, Pre Law, Administration of Justice -Yale University

JD -Yale University Law School

Fluent in Spanish, French and Russian

Passed the bar in Connecticut/ MA./ New York/Pennsylvania/ New Jersey/Deleware

Law Clerk for Judge Carter Baum

Law Clerk for Judge William Friendly

Was a Senior Associate attorney at Silk and Whoole, Attorneys at law, Cherry Hill, New Jersey

Became a managing parter at Harley and Davidson Attorneys at law, Philadelphia PA. then left abruptly..

Was a Federal Public Defender , who handled cases for the United States Court of Appeals., Southeastern Pennsylvania.

Assistant District Attorney-Philadelphia PA.


"WOW! She's the real deal isn't she?" I said.


"She is... and I feel so bad about this Viral Video of her." said Olivia, who clicked to You Tube and the video that was going around town...




Monique was down the street from her condo at the neighborhood coffee shop, she was on her way to the laundromat.


She was in a hurry to get her coffee and was complaining that several people who had come after her 
had been served first.


The Barista in particular had a pretty nasty attitude...


Monique finally got her coffee and then turned around...


There was a woman behind her....She tried to side step her, but the woman seemed to walk right in front of her.. This went on for a few seconds before, Monique tripped and spilled her coffee on the woman..


"OH MY GOD! YOU'VE SPILLED HOT COFFEE ALL OVER ME! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!" the woman screamed...


"I'm sooo sorry...It was an accident, believe me...I'm sooo sorry...." said Monique..


"IT WAS NO ACCIDENT,,YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE....OHHHHHHHHH I'VE BEEN SCALDED... AWWWW LAWWWWWWD!   OH MY GOD! YOU'VE SPILLED HOT COFFEE ALL OVER ME! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!" the woman screamed...

"You're hysterical....Look, here is my business card....I'll pay for your dry cleaning.."said Monique.


"HYSTERICAL??? HYSTERICAL??  HYSTERICAL????..OHHHHHHHHH I'VE BEEN SCALDED... AWWWW LAWWWWWWD!   OH MY GOD! YOU'VE SPILLED HOT COFFEE ALL OVER ME! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!" the woman screamed...


"WHAT A BITCH!!!!!" said the Barista...

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?   I'LL NEVER COME TO THIS COFFEE SHOP EVER AGAIN!" screamed Monique.

Unknown to Monique, The entire thing was being filmed....in surround sound and sent to Facebook, X, Instagram and other social media sites with her name and position. The Viral altercation began getting 
hits and soon the News Media had it....

ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY POURS SCALDING HOT COFFEE ON CITY ATTORNEY!

What a mess!


"Yeah I've seen it I was at Josie's ....It was on the news and several people were watching it and laughing...." I said.


"We should help her....In fact...I'm going to go and see her tomorrow and offer to help..." said Olivia.


"You're a good woman..." I said..


"A good sexy woman.."I said.


"Every time you come home, you're horny...." laughed Olivia..


"And before I leave home too!" I laughed..



I slipped her panties down and off...


"UMMMMMMMMMMMMM...OUUUUUUUUUUUUU HUSBAND!
" moaned Olivia... as I eased himself into her wet and warm center...As always ,Olivia smelled like a newborn baby... I was delirious....

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" I moaned.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed.

Olivia's  head turned from side to side....Tears flowed down her cheeks...and she experienced a quick orgasm, the likes she hadn't felt in awhile.


"OH MY GODDDDD DONNIE RAYYYY...OUUUUUUUUUU!" she screamed..

She spread her legs wide and wrapped her arms around my neck as I plunged deeper...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OLIVIA I'M LOSING MY MIND!!" I moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HUSBAND!! OUUUUUUU!" she shrieked...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU LAWWWWD!" I  moaned .

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DONNIE RAY!" she cried out....


UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" I moaned...as we began to make sweet love..

We were enjoying  their massive  smart bed.. 

Olivia  smiled..




The bed was sturdy and very very comfortable...It moved with our every move and was very comfortable and warm..It actually enhanced our lovemaking..

TEN TO ELEVEN HOURS seemed to slip by aimlessly....


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU WERE SOMETHING ELSE TONIGHT!!!  WERE YOU REALLY THAT HORNY?"
Olivia asked as she lie on top of me...

"What do you think?" I asked..

"WOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she said and smiled as she drifted off...

I drifted off too.. thinking about Monique and if we could help her...

(TO BE CONTINUED)


No comments: