Saturday, July 17, 2010

HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY - ESCAPADES IS 2!


On this day in 2008, I created a new blog... a blog that would be different from the one I already had ("Keith's Space"). I wanted my poems on this blog and maybe some short stories. Now, I have to laugh about it because I had no idea that I would create characters in running serials that would take a life of their own and captivate so many of you. I just thought I'd run a few poems and from time to time, write a short story.

First came Paris and Blake, my first characters. Then came Mabel Jenkins, her jilted lover Clerow and her sisters, Cora Beth, Victoria, Anita, their father Sweet Dick Jenkins, Pastor John Struthers, and Deacon Larry Weatherford. Along the way came Sean Jackson the photographer, his lawyer Conrad Nelson, and of course, my most popular character, Kevin Morris, the blogger/part-time sleuth and his sexy wife, Sepia, Cock Robbins, and contankerous Gus the bartender.

I thought I would stop there, but then came Chess and his buddy Chris Thompson, Donald Smooth, Fathead, Roscoe, and Ralph Mole. What made it all real is that all of these characters interchange with each other and appear in each others stories. There is Reed Nelson and 88, musicians and newcomers, Kool Kat and Downtown Rob Brown. By this time next year, I may have even more characters in these stories. They seem to be writing themselves.

I want to do more poetry, since that was all this blog was meant to be in the first place, and I want to include more art. Maybe even some original photography in the nearby future. I'm having so much fun with this blog. Who knows what I'll do next? The future looks endless and limitless. I just want to thank you, the readers, for coming along with me!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogoversary!!!!

Anonymous said...

Standing and applauding and swooning and throwing my panties at you...I love both of your blogs, but this one in particular!

Toni said...

Congrats Keith!

Angie B. said...

Congratulations!

Sunflower said...

Happy Blogoversary!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Congrats Bruh!

Jazzy said...

Congrats Fam!

Cheryl said...

Happy Blogoversary Keith!

Brenda said...

Heres to more panties flying at your head! LOL!

Lisa said...

ROTFLMAO @ Brenda- Congrats Keith!

Halo said...

Horrrrayy for Escapades!

Vanessa said...

Happy Blogoversary!

Swaggie said...

Congrats Bruh!

James Perkins said...

Congratulations on a good job!

Sean said...

Keep it goin strong!

Captain Jack said...

Congratulations!

TATE 2 said...

Throwing my boxers up in the air!
ROTFLMAO!

Simon Bastion said...

Job well done...Heres to many more years!

Anonymous II said...

Congratulations!

♥ CG ♥ said...

Congrats Keith! You've done an excellent job!