Thursday, September 13, 2012

Down On The Corner






I lie in bed next to Sepia....She was asleep...I lie staring at the ceiling...I still hadn't found my friend, Lance Terrier..but now I realized that he had an incredible story about an award winning Teacher, a brilliant teacher , a seemingly caring teacher who possibly slept with a few judges to seal her win...That was bad enough, but worst, had slept with and possibly had illicit sexual relations with at least two former students , both of whom were up to their necks in crime....It had been an interesting 24 hours.
A lot had been going on down on the corner.

I anonymously sent my surveilance evidence....video and audio recordings of conversations with thieves, box men and stick up crews going in and out of the hardware store and a warehouse to  Danny Ho,Cheif of Detectives over at Robbery-Homicide.






The next day, The police arrested 39 people at the warehouse and confiscated millions of dollars of stolen merchandise....The police returned as much as they could and asked for anyone who had been robbed who thought they saw their stolen items on television to bring a sales receipt to the warehouse to retrieve it.

The six employees at the Pawn shop and six more employees at the Hardware store were also arrested and charged with possession of and conspiracy to sell stolen merchandise...

Kingpin, Abe Renaldo was himself arrested in Midtown at his favorite restaurant...  His nephew ,Johnnie Renaldo was also arrested at his home for receiving stolen goods  conspiracy to sell stolen goods and conspiracy to transport a controlled substance.

The Poor BoyzMike Baker , Arthur Jones and Stevie Reynolds were picked up by the Camden Police and extradited to Philadelphia......

Number two man, Russel Young was arrested in the Mermaid Club of all places..He had just ordered a drink....

But their ring leader...Willie "Diamond Head" Smith had not been netted... He hadn't been at the Pawn Shop or the Hardware store or the warehouse and there was no recordings of him on the phone with anybody...Only one photo of him accepting an envelope with money from Russell Young...Not enough to charge him with anything...

At least 57 people were behind bars and most of their ill gotten goods had been returned to their owners.... The scourge of Willie and The Poor Boys was over! Like I said...A lot had gone on down on the corner. 

In all of that, I still didn't know what had become of my friend, Lance Terrier..

II-

At Peeping Tom's house... I heard one last conversation.....

 "Hello"...said Stephanie Ellis

"Steph it's me....Willie."said Willie Smith

"Maybe you shouldn't be calling me right now." she said.

"Nah..I'm straight....Aint nobody got nothin on me..."he said.

"As far as you know...What happened?"she asked.

  "I don't know...Cops knocked everybody....Early this morning...They knew where we lived...They knew about the warehouse...the pawn shop, the hardware store , everything!!!  You sure that nosy reporter that you had me ice didn't leave nothing behind?" he asked.

''Shut up ,I didn't have you ice anybody...That was your idea playboy...why are you talkin about this on the phone?"she snarled.

''Who you tellin to shut up?  I wanna know.... my whole crew  is locked up...My fence and his whole operation is locked up....I wanna know.." he snarled...

She was quiet for a minute...then she spoke in a quieter tone.

"Well look...You got his computer didn't you?"she asked.

"Yeah...we stripped it and tossed it in the river...."he said.

"We found his Safe deposit box and got rid of  his photos of you and me right, what else did he have?"she asked.

"I don't know...Maybe he had another one...Maybe he had a lawyer or somethin..."he said.

"Look , just shut up and let me think....No more talkin on the phone."she said.


"Nah we gotta do somethin now..." he said.

''Look, you said they don't have anything on you....If they did, you'd already be locked up like the rest."she said.

"I think he has a lawyer and that lawyer must have gave somethin to the po po." he said.

"I told you to sit tight....I don't think you have anything to worry about." she said.

"YOU DIDN'T THINK AFTER I ICED HIM AND DROPPED HIS BODY IN THE RIVER THAT WE HAD ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT EITHER AND NOW EVERYBODY IN JAIL...
I AM GONNA FIND THAT LAWYER AND KILL HIM AND FIND OUT IF THERE IS ANYTHING
ELSE HE MIGHT HAVE...I AINT TRYIN TO GO TO JAIL....NOW WHAT IS HIS NAME??" screamed  Willie.

"Alright, okay...his name is Conrad Nelson...I'll give you his address...I don't think he knows anything." she said.

"YOU LET ME WORRY ABOUT THAT!" he said.

''Alright Willie" she said , obviously afraid of the young man's volatile nature.

III-

After hearing that conversation....I called Fathead Newton....Once again I needed to use his safehouse...

"Dang Kev...you use it more than I do....and I'M THE GANGSTER!" he said...His number two man, Roscoe and  his driver, Ralph Mole  both laughed out loud...

I drove Conrad Nelson and his wife Jill to the safehouse...

"Gee Kevin, thanks for getting us out of harms way...but I have a pistol...I'm not afraid of some young punk." said Conrad..

''Pay him no mind Kevin....Thank you for helping us." said Jill...

"My pleasure...I need his services to run my company..There for...I need him alive." I smiled..

Jill and Conrad laughed...I helped them bring their things inside...and I parked their car in the garage...

Clerow and Owen Todd were in my car...

"I'll call you when it's safe." I said.

IV-






Clerow, Owen and I walked into Josies...Chris Thompson gave me an envelope filled with large bills, Chess patted me on the back...Donald Smooth and Kool Kat smiled..

''What's this for?" I said.

"You took down Willie and The Poor Boys and that entire Fence operation that we didn't even know existed..We losing our touch Chess..We used to know these streets better." laughed Chris Thompson.

"Yeah man, we slippin." said Chess.

"Anyway...The streets are talkin.....People are so happy that them poor boyz and that fence crew is in jail...They really had everybody uptight..." said Chris...

"It's all good ,down on the corner Kev..cause of you!" said Donald Smooth.

"Here, Here." said Kool Kat, smiling.

"I got the poor boyz...Willie is still out there..Which is why I'm here...Kool Kat..I'm gonna need your help." I said.

"Now you're talkin." said the big man...

"Willie killed my friend...He 's lookin for Conrad Nelson...Only Conrad isn't going to be in his house..When he gets there." I said.





 Kool Kat smiled...

"My man...I'm on it." he laughed.

"Oh and Kools...I need him ALIVE!!." I laughed...

"You forget who you're talkin to. I'm nothing ,if not a gentle man." he laughed.

Chess, Chris, Donald Smooth, Clerow and Owen Todd all broke out into guffaws of laughter..

That was hours ago..... I thought about all of this as I lie next to my wife, who was still gently sleeping... For now..it was all good down on the corner.



(Conclusion Next)


4 comments:

Swaggie said...

Streets is talkin....I loved this, can't wait to see how it ends!

Vanessa said...

This was good , but I'm waiting for the payoff tomorrow...Is this chicka going to get caught? Is Kool Kat going to wipe the pavement up with Mikey?

Brenda said...

Interesting story so far...At least we know that Lance is dead and who killed him...but where is his body?

Tate 2 said...

This was all tied up too neat..I know there is a monkey wrench somewhere here!