Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mother Please!



I drove back to the Greer House the next day...I heard what sounded like glass breaking and voices shouting...

"YA DAMN FOOL!  YOU BIG DUMMY! AH TOLE YOU...AH TOLE YOU TO ONLY RENT TO NICE GIRLS...RESPECTABLE GIRLS....AND WHAT DO YOU DO? WHAT DO YOU DO? YOU RENT TO THE FIRST FLOOZY IN A TIGHT SKIRT AND A LOW CUT DRESS WITH HER BRA SHOWIN THAT WINKS AT YOU...NOW SHE DONE GOT HERSELF KILLED AND SOME NAKED MAN DONE RUN OUT THE SHOWER AND DOWN THE HALLWAY!" Screamed what sounded like an old woman!

"Mother please....please it just wasn't like that...Maragret was a nice girl..." came a male voice...

" NICE GIRL MY ASS....SHE COULDN'T WAIT...COULDN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO LEAVE THE BUILDING FOR THE DAY BEFORE SHE HAD A NAKED NIGGA ALL UP IN THERE.....YOU THOUGHT SHE CARED ABOUT YOU...AH KNOW SHE DIDN'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOU.....AH TOLE YOU SHE WAS NO GOOD..A CHEATIN NAKED ASS FLOOZY.   POLICE FOUND HER WITHOUT A STITCH OF CLOTHES ON...NAKED AS A JAYBIRD...AND SO WAS THAT MAN..."

"Mother please...Please.." came a male voice..

There was the sound of more things breaking and then another slap....

"Mother?  Did you go up to the apartments?" came the male voice...


"NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS......BUT I KNEW THAT OLE GAL AINT CARE ABOUT YOU....YOU BUYIN HER CHOCOLATES AND THAT DRESS AND TICKETS TO THE EAGLES GAME....YOUSE ABOUT THE BIGGEST FOOL.....SHE TOLE YOU THAT SHE WASN'T FEELIN GOOD RIGHT?  WELL SHE WENT TO THE GAME WITH THAT NAKED BOY AS SOON AS YOU LEFT....WHY DIDN'T YOU GET YOUR TICKETS BACK IF SHE COULDN'T GO?  AH LIKES THE EAGLES... BUT NOOOOOO YOU WAS TOO LOVE SICK OVER YA LITTLE NAKED ASS GIRL..DAMN FOOL!"

"Mother please..it wasn't like that." he pleaded..

"SHUT UP...GO TO YOUR ROOM CHESLY....YOU DISGUST ME." SHE SAID.

"aWWWW MAMA...." HE SAID.

I had heard enough...I'd just catch Chesly some other time...


I didn't want to laugh..but this was pathetic...A grown man, 42 years old ,still living with his mother who apparently ruled him with an iron hand...This was too much...


II-


"Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah, stoppppppppppppp, stopppppppppppppppp, Kevin please, don't tell me anymore...oh my god..hahahahahahahahahahaha.." laughed my wife as she fell off of the bed with guffaws of laughter....

I had told her about my latest case....J.J. Richardson, the missing money, the murdered girl, the naked witness or suspect , the revelations of Sylvia and then my encounter with Mrs. Arizona Greer and her son, Chesly Greer...

She was holding her stomach laughing...

"Oh my God....Kevin this is too funny....." she said.

"I know and I would've laughed then, but I didn't want that old lady going off on me." I said.

''Oh my Goodness that is too funny." she said.


"Sad thing is , I still don't have a clue as to who killed this girl and why....It wasn't about the money...She had the money in a safe deposit box...J.J. and I found that...I don't think Burt Powell even knew she had the money...and if he did, she wasn't planning to take him...No...this was about something else." I said.

"Yeah? Like what?"she asked me..

"Her body was laid out behind the bed, so you couldn't see it from the hallway...almost like the killer was trying to cover her up,keep people from seeing that she was nude..Her panties were folded neatly and everything as was her bra." I said.

"She might have done that Kevin."said Sepia...

"Well they found another set of fingerprints on them....and some hairs...They don't match Burt Powell....She was killed while he was in the shower and whoever killed her left before Burt got out of the shower..." I said.

''How did the other person get in? You think it was a threesome?"asked Sepia.

"No...Burt would've told me if that was the case." I said.

"Did she lock the door?" asked Sepia.

"There was no sign of breaking in...unless the other person didn't have to break in, because they had a key?" I said.

"You said the landlord's son had a crush on her..." said Sepia...

"Yeah and he's the one person I haven't talked to...I've only talked to his mother."
I said.

III-



I stopped by Philadelphia Homicide... Lt. Sissy Van Buren and Detective Carlotta Rodriguez were there....I brought them both tumblers of coffee...

''What's good Kevin?"asked Carlotta.

''The Ellison Murder" I said.

"What about it? It's about to go cold.I agree with you that I don't think Burt Powell is our guy." said Sissy Van Buren...

''Did you talk to Chesly Greer?" I asked.

"The Landlord?? I've talked to him on the phone....Not the brightest bulb in the socket." said Carlotta....


Lt.Sissy Van Buren laughed out loud...

"Yeah I tried to talk to him twice....but that damn mother of his is a trip...she blocked me both times.." I said.

Sissy stopped laughing... She looked like she'd seen a ghost!!!


"His Mother?? Huh? You say you talked to his mother?" she asked.   Carlotta grew silent...

"Yeah...yesterday I went up to the house and she told me that Chesly wasn't home... so I tried again today, but she was giving him hell...So I didn't even attempt to go in." I said.

"You saw his mother?" asked Sissy Van Buren...

"Yeah..I saw her through the window...Just barely....didn't get a good look though...but I sure heard her..That woman is something..." I said.

"Kevin....I hate to tell you this...but you couldn't have talked to or seen his mother." said Sissy.

" I talked to her yesterday...and I heard both of them arguing today.What are you talking about Sissy?" I said.

''Kevin...she's dead!!!!...Arizona Greer has been dead for ten years!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know who or what you saw or heard up at that house...but you didn't see Arizona Greer..She's mouldering in her grave!" said Sissy!

(CONCLUSION NEXT!!!)

4 comments:

Brenda said...

OMG...Just read "casual" and now this....WOW! Wasn't expecting that ending! This really is strange and bizzare! Love it!

Sunflower said...

You borrowed heavily from "PsychO" in this story...but I love your spin on it!LOL!

Swaggie said...

Oh man, The boy's mother is dead?
He's up there dressed up as her!!
This is crazy Keith, perhaps your craziest yet!

James Perkins said...

Tossed me for a loop with this one.