Monday, January 27, 2014

Damage and Control

Attorney Olivia Bennett-Alexander  sat at her desk in her office marveling at her wedding band and her engagement ring...That's right ,I said Olivia Bennett-Alexander...We are married now!!


 A lot has happened since I last talked to you...

Me? I'm Private Investigator ,Donnie Ray Alexander....I work for Olivia...We flew down to my home town of New Orleans for New Years....Her niece, Beverly came with us...

I
I introduced them both to my Sister and my Brother in law and their two kids... The only family I had...and on New Years eve, we got our marriage license and were married in the old parrish on New Years Day...

It was wonderful...The last two times I had been engaged, both ended before we got  to the alter...I didn't want to take any chances....and Olivia didn't want any more bother out of her scheming and conniving ex-husband...So we went on and got married...We planned to have another ceremony for our friends in Philadelphia...but that would be later.


New Orleans...being the festive town it is...had non-stop partying going on....the three of us, Bev, Olivia and I had a time..Eating, Drinking,Partying....

My sister said to me...

''See Donnie Ray...I told you that you and Olivia would be married within the year....I should have bet you some money." she laughed..

"You're always on the money sis....I'll never bet against you." I laughed...

I looked at Beverly and I joked...

"Guess you'll be calling me Unc now.huh?" I said.
She looked at me like I was crazy....

"Why? Is that what you want me to call you?" she said.

"Well uh...only if, uh, you want to...I am uh...your uh uncle now..." I said.

"I guess you are....Unc..." she said...

"You know what?  D.R. sounds better." I said.

"See?" she said and she kissed me on the cheek..."Doesn't mean I don't love you." she said and we both smiled at each other...

II-
"Still staring at those rings Olivia?" I said to my new wife...

''Yes...I just love them...AS well as the man who put them on my fingers" she said and leaned over and gave me a nice long and soft kiss...

"Mmmmmm...The office is empty...how bout we..." I said before she put her index finger on my lip...

"Uhhhhhh,How bout we not get started with that right now.....Didn't you get enough last night??" she asked ,looking at me puzzled...

"No...I didn't" I joked...

She just shook her head and laughed....

"Well it'll have to wait until tonight...Bev called....One of our clients is in trouble...I think we both should get over there." said Olivia..

We now lived together on the second floor and Beverly had the first floor above the office to herself...She had moved into the front room....The running joke was that her previous room was right under my room and everytime me and her aunt made love, she heard the bed squeaking....

My old squeaky bed was gone...A brand new bed had replaced it and with Bev no longer right below us...Our lovemaking was now more discreet..

III-
We took my car...I had bought myself a 2014 Audi just a few months before....With the money we had been taking in....I could afford it.
"Can I drive Donnie Ray?" asked Olivia..

"Sure." I said and tossed her the keys...

"Where are we going anyway?" I asked..
"Remember my client...The Football player, Jamie Mitchell?" she said.

"Yeah, what about him?" I asked.

"Bev called...He's in a bit of a mess....It sounded serious." said Olivia.

Beverly greeted us at the back door...She gave specific instructions to drive around the back and enter that way...
"What's with all of this cloak and dagger Bev?" I said as we entered the house...
"You'll see, head up to the bedroom.." she said.

"He's not ...Dead is he?" asked Olivia,

"Noooo..Noooo...He's not!" she said...

Something about the way she said that kind of worried me...

IV-

Upon entering the bedroom ,I saw a naked white woman lying in the bed...She looked like she was sleeping..

Jamie Mitchell, a six foot five dark skinned wide receiver was in the corner, weeping and punching his fist in the air...He had on some black speedos...Nothing more....

"She dead...She dead...She deaddddd mannnnnn and so is my career....I didn't kill her,I swear I didn't kill her....Lawddd have mercy..." he babbled...

I was a Private investigator, but I also used to be a Homicide detective....I ran down to my car and got some latex gloves out of the trunk...

"Liv, Bev...Don't touch anything in here...."I said.

I checked the body....Sure enough....She was indeed dead....There were no broken bones and no sign of any physical trauma....I searched the room for any type of weapon or illegal drug...

"Ah know what you thinkin man, but we wasn't doin no drugs....We killed a bottle of Ciroc over there and we had sex....Ah been told that my stroke is potent....Ah guess it was so good to her that she just had a heart attack." he said.

I looked at him with a side eye...Beverly and Olivia looked at each other and then stepped out into the hallway....I could see that they were laughing.

"Miz Bev, Miz Olivia...I swear..I aint kill her..." he said.

I looked at him...

"As a doctor, you make a great football player.....Put on some clothes..." I said....

He did and I took some bleach and wiped the place down.....

"This your place?" I asked him...

"No, this is not his place."said Olivia...

"Good....Where is your car?" I asked...

"It's in the back...I aint want nobody seeing me come in here..." he said.

"Okay, get anything in here that belongs to you...Anything...Get your clothes and get out of here....Did you use a condom?" I asked..

He looked embarrassed...

"Yes."

"Where is it?" I asked..

''What?" he asked.

''What did you do with it"?I asked.

"It's in the trash." he said.

I found a hefty trash can bag...I took the loaded condom and the empty bottle of ciroc and the two glasses they drank out of and bagged them...This girl looked like she died from natural causes, but the homicide cop in me knew what detectives would be looking for...I was eliminating any trace of Jamie Mitchell from the premises..

We all went to the alley....Beverly got in her car, Olivia got in the passenger side of my car...I walked over to Jamie...

"Jamie, go home, stay there, don't talk to anybody." I said.

"Ah won't...Ahhh won't. Lawd have mercy...She dead...She dead...She deaddddd mannnnnn...I didn't kill her,I swear I didn't kill her....Lawddd have mercy..." he babbled...

"Okay..Okay...just go home."I said.

We all pulled out and went our seperate ways...

V-

Back at the office, Beverly said....


"Lawd Jesus....It's such a shame a man that fine is soo dumb."
"But he's got money Bev" joked Olivia..
"I don't care...He's as dumb as a doorknob....and countryyyyyy!" she joked...Olivia cracked up laughing.

"Yeah...I hear ya ...but he pays us a lot of money to renegotiate his contract and to get him out of scrapes.." said Olivia.

"When you put it that way Auntay.....Nahhh..I still couldn't see me with him." she said and we all busted out in laughter...

"Well...I'm goin out." said Bev...

"Hot date eh?" I said.

"Definitely not hot....It's with that lawyer from the public defenders office...He assured me that he has his wallet tonight." she said and walked out, got in her car and pulled off..

Olivia looked at me and smiled...

''What are you smiling about?" I asked.

''We have the entire building to ourselves...How about we ....You ,Mr. Alevander and me, the new Mrs. Alexander go upstairs and work on this uh married thing." she said and winked...

I pulled her to me and kissed her....

"Yesss Mrs. Alexander...Yess lawd." I said.

Olivia giggled....

"You are soooo nasty.." she said.

(TO BE CONTINUED)





8 comments:

Brenda said...

Love these charactors...Nice to see them back...You were overflowing us with Sissy,Carlotta and company, Not that they weren't good, But I'm glad to see these guys.

Toni said...

They got married quick...I guess Donnie Ray got scared he might lose Liv after her ex-husband showed up with his shenanigans..LOL..They're a cute couple.

Angie B. said...

Nice...They got married..

Sunflower said...

Wow...a girl found dead in the bed!! That was something...I see being a Private Investigator is freeing for Donnie Ray....Same as it is for Kevin...They can do illegal things they couldn't do when they were cops, federal investigators et al..I love it.

Lisa said...

Love these two together...I know you got the idea for this from the TV show "Scandal" didn't know you were a fan!

Keith said...

I'm not! I've only watched one episode of that show...(I am a big Kerry Washington fan however) and I like the idea of a lawyer who is a fixer...and a private investigator who works soley for the lawyer...That's how I designed this storyline and these charactors...

Halo said...

Love these charactors, Glad that they are married.

Vanessa said...

Love this story...Donnie Ray is a mess...You sure he used to be a cop?-LOL!