Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Little Black Dress

NEW YEARS EVE-

Lt. Sissy Van Buren sat in the tony little coffee shop with her bags and had a hot steaming tumbler of mocha latte'...She was off today , She had been shopping most of the morning...She looked up with surprise and smiled when she saw her two closest friends, Detectives Angela Belton and Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace walking towards her...
"Heyyyy Boss Lady" said Carlotta...

"Hi Sissy, what's in the bags?" asked Angie....

"I bought a party dress for tonight and I had to buy some shoes to match it." laughed Sissy...

Angie looked at another bag...

"I see you've been by Bridget's store....Naughty Lingerie eh?" she said.

Sissy smiled...

''So you and Eddie C. have some big plans for tonight eh?" laughed Carlotta..

Sissy smiled sheepishly...

"Yeah....This time last year we were kind of mad at each other ,after that fiasco in Vegas...So this year we are going out dancing at this place he knows of ..I'm supposed to meet him at Josies, and then we are going to his place and bring the New Year in..." she said...

"IN BED!" laughed Angie and Carlotta in unison.

Sissy laughed....

"So what are you guys doing tonight?" asked Sissy...
"Jimmy is taking me dancing...at this new club called Stoleys....and then we are going to Aqua Bar where we will probably bring in the New Year and then...........ahhhhh, to my house..where we we'll bring the new year in......"
"IN BED" said Sissy and Carlotta in unison..

Then they both looked at Carlotta...


"Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....Keith and I are going to Minks for a few drinks and then to Aqua Bar...We might see you and Jimmy there Angie...and then home to bring the New Year in...."
"IN BED" laughed Sissy and Angie...

All three women laughed and then revealed that they'd been to Victoria's Secret and Bridgette's Lingerie store by their bags...

''What's everyone else doing?" asked Sissy.

"Rico Suave and Sirena gave their kids to Sirena's parents for the weekend... He and Sirena and Duke and Hazel rented a SUV and they went to New York City...They're going to be in Time Square, when the new year comes in." said Angie.



"Awww that's nice....Sharon told me that she and Hop were staying at home...That they bought a bottle and that that they aren't going out." said Sissy.
All three women looked at each other and said- "They're bringing in the New Year....IN BED" and laughed and laughed....

"My husband...if he had his way , would want me to do the same thing...Stay at home ,naked and in bed..but I tell him...We are going out tonight honey." said Carlotta, to which Angie and Sissy cracked up laughing...
They ordered coffees and sat and drank and talked with Sissy for another hour...and then they went their seperate ways..

II-

Hours later, Sissy found herself sitting in Josies ,waiting for Eddie C.  She had on a sensational Little Black Dress that she had bought for the night. Being a single woman, and alone, she was being hit on by a succession of men...She politely refused most offers...

Gus , the bartender walked over to her...

"Can't believe you're alone tonight Ms. Sissy." he said.

"I'm waiting for my date Gus..but he's an hour late...and he's not answering his phone either." she said.

"Oh....I see....Well uh, there's your other friend...He'll keep you company while you wait." said Gus with a mischevious grin..

''You wrong for that Gus." laughed Sissy.

Lt. Ed Cantrell entered the bar...He had on another amazingly well tailored suit, new shoes and an impeccable smelling cologne...In all the time she had known Lt. Cantrell, Sissy couldn't remember when he'd worn the same thing twice..She had to admit...He was looking good... And from the heads of the number of women that turned when he walked in...a number of women agreed with her.

He took one look at Sissy and walked over to her....

''Lawd Jesusssssssssss...Sissy, you're going to get snatched up lookin that fine." he said, his eyes nearly coming out of his head..

''And how are you Lt. Cantrell?" she said smiling..She was too tired to verbally spar with him tonight.

"Not as fine as you are...lawdddd!" he said.

"I guess that's a compliment...Thank you." said Sissy.

"Can I buy you a drink?" he asked.

''I'm not going to be here that long, but thank you for the offer." she said.

''Ohhhh, hangin out with the girls eh?"he asked.

"Nooo, My girls are all occupied tonight...Angie and Jimmy are out on the town, Tyriq,Sirena,Duke and Hazel went to New York...They're in Times Square as we speak...Chica and Keith are out on the town and
Sharon and Hop are home.." she said.

''So you mean to tell me you waitin on jailbird and you got to meet him here?? ,rather than him picking you up?" asked Ed...Something Sissy was beginning to wonder herself now that he'd brought it up.

"Lt. Cantrell, I really wish you'd stop calling my man a jailbird...He only went to jail once and since he's been out ,he's been a productive citizen." said Sissy.

"Maybe...but I wouldn't have you sittin in a bar waiting for me to pick you up, and you lookin all fine like that..I'd of driven my car to your door." said Ed Cantrell...

Sissy didn't say anything...but she thought about it...Lt. Cantrell certainly would've driven to her house..Ed Cantrell wouldn't have to be begged to spend lunch time with her either...He was there enough as it was for lunch...A number of detectives ..not just her inner circle, who knew the deal and uniformed cops wondered aloud if there wasn't something going on between her and Ed Cantrell.

"How was your holiday Ed?" said Sissy trying to change the subject.

"It was great!!! Best Christmas I've had in years...Went to Atlantic City with a friend." he said coyly.

"That was nice." she said...

He looked at his watch.....

"Well darlin...I would love to spend some more time with you...but uh...I got another stop to make..and then I'm goin home to get some sleep...I'm drivin down to DC tomorrow." he said...

"DC?? You got family down there?" asked Sissy...

"Uhhh no..Not exactly...but I do have business..." he said and smiled...

He kissed her on the cheek...Which was a surprise...He usually tried to sneak one in the lips.

"Happy New Years Darlin...Hope that man of yours doesn't keep you waiting too long." he said and he waltzed out of Josies....Almost looked like he was skipping...What was with him?

Something about him seemed different...He was cockier than usual if that were possible!...He didn't attempt to grope her or ask for a kiss ..He didn't seem as thirsty as he usually did around her...Maybe he met somebody and got a shot..she mused.....Then she thought better of it...Ed Cantrell?  Nah!! He's too zoned in on her to even think about another woman. Part of her wished he wouldn't be, but still a part of her surprisingly liked the attention he gave her and how special he made her feel.

III-
Sissy sat alone in Josies for yet another hour...She finally relented and ordered a drink....

"It's on the house honey" said Gus ,who felt sorry for her....

She was about to cry when she turned around and saw him...Eddie C.!!!

"Heyy Babes...Sorry I'm late.." he said.

"Eddie C. I've been calling and texting you." said Sissy...

''Sorry..I had left my phone at the church...I had car trouble and by the time I got dressed and ready to come out...I remembered that I didn't have my phone and had to drive all the way back there to get it..It's been a hell of a night." he said.

"You still want to go dancing?" he asked.

"I certainly do....I spent a lot of money on this dress." laughed Sissy.

"And it looks like a million bucks on you babes..Okay...but let's get some dinner...I don't have reservations, but Ralph Scallion , the chef is a friend of mines..He'll get us seated....Bottom of the C.??" said Eddie C.

"Ouuuuu...now you're talkin...I'm about to forgive you.." she laughed...

He pulled her to him and kissed her passionately....

"You forgive me now babes?" he said.

"Y-Y-Yes." said Sissy...

He smiled...

They walked out of Josie's, hand in hand .....

Gus smiled....

"Chisler!" he said..



12 comments:

Brenda said...

Awww this was a cute little story...I can see that the Sissy,Eddie C. , Ed Cantrell love triangle is going to be the focus right now.

Keith said...

Indeed Brenda...In fact...the balance of power in that triangle is about to shift! It's going to be fun.. Keep reading.

Brenda said...

Eddie C. takes Sissy for granted...He's not at all like Keith Wallace is over Carlotta or Duke is over Hazel or Jimmy over Angie...These men worship the ground their women walk on...Eddie C. just doesn't seem as attentive...and I don't believe that story he gave Sissy...I can't wait to see how this storyline develops...You have he making of a nice little subplot here.. By the way..When is that serial killing couple..Haywood Coley Jr. and Dr. Natalie Tucker returning? All this looks like it's going to be an explosive year for Sissy,Keith,Carlotta and company!

Keith said...

You won't be seeing a return of Haywood and Natalie just yet, but the relationship between Sissy,Eddie C. and Lt.Edward Cantrell will be turned on it's head...I've already scripted two Murder Police stories that will be running this month that will explore this as a subplot...And I've introduced a new player in the triangle..DEA Agent Carol Redding..Who will be featured again in my second Murder Police story...All I can say is our charactors are in for a bumpy ride this year! Hang on and enjoy...

Toni said...

Cute story...I don't buy Eddie C's alibi...Ed Cantrell has a new woman now and I know that Sissy is going to find out...Can' wait to see this story developing...

Angie B. said...

I'm liking this....Looks like we are in for a Merry go round ride...

Sunflower said...

Funny...I've been reading this blog since July 2008....I remember when Sissy Van Buren was just a side charactor in the "Kevin" stories and ADA Keith Wallace was another side charactor in the stories who was just mentioned, but never really had many lines...I do believe you wrote that you only created Carlotta for that one story...The story about Kevin's employee who got raped..And look at where you are now... Sissy is a fully fleshed out charactor, as is Keith Wallace and Carlotta Rodriguez..His love interest and now his wife and you have created an entire family around them in Tyriq, Sirena,Hazel,Duke, Jimmy, Angie,Hop and Sharon... You have dubbed them "The Murder Police" and they have become the first family of ESCAPADES...I love them and I can't wait for them to appear each month...They are my favorite of your serialized fiction.

Lisa said...

Really liked this story...Sorry it was just a short story...I was hoping this would be fleshed out a little...Ed Cantrell screwed the DEA Agent...Now he has a little leverage..He is not as thirsty over Sissy as he had been..and now she realizes that she likes the attention....Can't wait to see how this winds up...

Vanessa said...

Keith this was good...This and "Foreign Territory" were just teasers..Don't leave us hanging!

Halo said...

Loved it!, Loved it, Loved it! I think Sissy and Eddie C. are headed for a serious break up or at least a crossroads in their relationship..While Ed Cantrell and the DEA Agent are heading somewhere...back to the bedroom...LOL!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

I know you plan to bring the foxy DEA Agent back..Ed Cantrell is finally getting some..Good for him.

Keith said...

Yesss..DEA Agent Carol Redding will be back on a recurring basis and yes, Serial Killer Haywood Coley Jr. will be back too...but not just yet...There are a few more stories to tell..Just be patient folks!