Saturday, January 4, 2014

Tuesday Heartbreak

NEW YEARS EVE- Stanga State Correctional Center ,Pennsylvania

Inmate# 120159, Foster, Soloman G.  woke up with much hope in his heart....His parole hearing had been a success and he had been given a parole date....He would be released in 30 days....He had served close two years of a ten year sentence....He had been a model inmate and had supplied information to the authorities on several big cases ...It was more than enough to get the former Assistant District Attorney who disgraced himself  by giving sensitive information to a drug kingpin out of his prison sentence...
He had a lot of people to thank for him being in this relatively safe prison, away from the people he testified against and people he sent to prison when he had been a sterling Assistant District Attorney...

His boy, ADA Keith Wallace...who sent him to prison, but made sure he was safe and protected...He never begrudged Keith Wallace....His friend since they'd both been in law school...He had betrayed Keith and everybody he worked with by what he'd done...Keith could have, should have disowned him...but he didn't..He looked after him, made sure he was safe...
He would always be grateful to him...Another person he had to thank was his lawyer, Robert Foxworth and his staff, Attorneys Chance Howard and Cole ...They had repped him and cut the deals that helped him get good time on his books and look good for his parole hearings.....but most of all, he was thankful for her...
He couldn't stop thinking about her...Attorney Olivia Bennett...

So Petite, so sexy...she had given him new life....She had helped him do what he had thought was impossible..Get his license to practice law back...He had given up all hope of ever being an attorney again... being a convicted felon and all. She had done the seemingly impossible...Gotten his license back and his hope up...Now that he was going to be released...He had dreams of seeing her...Dating her...making sweet love to her...She had such a nice petite sexy little body...He imagined putting a hurting on that..

II-

He remembered the conversation they had had when Robert brought her up to the prison a few months before...

His Lawyer, Robert Foxworth was there to see him....But it wasn't him that caught Soloman's attention...It was the woman with him!!!!..She was cute and had the most beautiful eyes...

He couldn't believe it...It was as if time just stopped...Such a cute babe and such a tight little body! He couldn't believe she was a lawyer!

"Soloman...Soloman..This is Attorney, Olivia Bennett...She helped me argue your pettition to the board for the re-instatement of your law licensce." he said.

Robert had told Soloman that he might be able to practice law again, despite his conviction...Soloman had never held much hope in that....but he had said that he had a good chance to be re-instated..So Soloman told him to go ahead and see what he could do.

"Hello Mr. Foster...ADA Keith Wallace got in contact with me ,because he knew that I had successfully gotten several other disbarred lawyers re-instated.... I went before the board and argued your case... ADA Wallace told them that you had helped him close 28 murder cases since you had been incarcerated and your help in that recent case in Philadelphia as I was arguing your case helped a lot!!  We both told the board that except for your one mis-step, you had an otherwise clean record..and that you've been an exemplary inmate here at Stanga.." she said.

"We heard a lot of good things about you Soloman...That you've taught some inmates how to read, that you've helped some inmates with their legal appeals and that you've been going to the therapy sessions regularly...Keep it up man...it all looks very good."said Robert...

Olivia Bennett looked at him and smiled.. She sure was pretty...It was those soulful eyes that were getting to him.It was if she could see into his soul.
 "So...What does all this mean?" he asked.

"They voted unanimously to re-instate you to the Pennsylvania Bar....Congratulations Mr. Foster...you are a practicing Attorney again...At least when you get out of here," said Olivia Bennett.

Soloman sat there stunned...

''Well smile or something ." said Robert Foxworth...

"Oh My God...Thank you so much...Thank You Robert, Thank you..is that Mrs. or Ms. Bennett?" he asked.

''It's Ms...I'm not married...At least not anymore." she said.

"Well you should be, as fine as you are."said Soloman...He thought he saw Olivia blush a bit when he said that.

 "God..If I knew you better I'd kiss you....I-I-I'm sorry...It's that kind of talk that got me here today." said a surprisingly contrite Soloman.

"Flirting didn't get you here Mr. Foster...Giving sensitive information to Minolo Sentterro is what got you here..." she said.

"You know my whole story huh?" He said...

"Yes...I had to know it in order to argue your case...People make mistakes...Nobody is as bad as the worse thing they did..." she said.

She had been so understanding...So sweet...He found himself feeling an immediate attraction to her right away...

It's okay...Don't cry..." she said and offered him a hankerchief...

"Ms. Bennett, would it be too forward of me if I asked you to write to me...It uh gets very lonely up here. No strings attached...It's just nice to have a letter to look forward to or some outside conversation." he asked...

For once he was serious...He wasn't trying to put the moves on her, though he wouldn't mind..She was pretty and sexy...

"I'll write to you...Here is my phone number...Call me when you get a chance." she said.

III-
Attorney Olivia Bennett did write him three times...Mostly to apprise him on his case, how his appeal was coming and legal matters...nothing of a personal nature...

He wrote her twice...Both letters were kind of personal, asking her about her life, her past, boyfriends, et al..
She only partially addressed these matters in her last letter..It turned out...she graduated from the same law school he had, just two years after he,Keith and Robert had...She had worked in the Public Defenders office and had gone up against Keith Wallace a few times...The two had become friends...She had been married to a lawyer named Elwood Barnes...He knew him!  A pretty little attorney he knew vaguely named Zoey Easter had handled her divorce and had fleeced this man for damn near everything...

The man had threatened to kill Zoey....He remembered the he, Keith Wallace and Robert laughed about it over drinks at Josies, when they heard about what she had done.....So that was her ex-husband...He smirked...She could certainly do better.

He called Olivia once....He was told that she was in New Orleans....He called her again and they talked for a half an hour...He slyly asked her to send him a photo of her...With something low cut that showed her breasts...She laughed and told him that that was "highly inappropriate." he liked the prim,proper types like her..They screamed the loudest in the bedroom when he was putting it to them he mused.

IV-

Which brings us to today....He called her office... Naturally, it being New Years Eve...the office was closed. He called Olivia's business cell.....It rang about ten times ,then went to voicemail. Next he called her personal cell, it too rang numerous times and finally ,when he was about to give up..She answered...

''Hello?"she said.

"Heyyy girl, this is Soloman." he said.

"Mr. Foster??" she said.

"Yeah...Do You know any other Soloman Fosters....?" he said....and then realized that he had come off a little too cocky!

There was a pause...

"How-How are you?" she said.

"I'm great...I got my parole date today...I'll be released and be a free man in thirty days." he said.

''That is wonderful Mr. Foster." she said.

"I heard you left your firm...Started up a private practice." he said.

"I did!!!....My niece, Beverly is my second attorney and partner....I have an office manager and a full time investigator."she said...


''Wow...Nice.That was her in the one photo you sent me huh?" he said.

''That was her.. " said Olivia..

"She doesn't look much younger than you...In fact you two look like sisters....Do you mean cousins?" he asked.

"She's my niece...She's nine years younger than me...Her father, My older brother is twelve years older than me.." said Olivia.

''Ohhhhh...I see...So ahhh, what's up? What have you been up to? I haven't heard from you in awhile.." he asked.

"I'm in New Orleans." she said.

"Whattttt, New Orleans?  You know, I called you a few months ago and you were in New Orleans...You really like it in the big easy..." he said laughing...

"My Fiance is from here...He lives in Philly now, but he wanted to get married here." she said.

The words fiance and married sunk in....It hit Soloman like a ton of bricks...It was as if the sun had fallen out of the sky...

''You still there Mr. Foster?" she asked.

''Fiance? MARRIED???You never even mentioned having a boyfriend.....Did you say you're gettin married?" he asked.

''Yes..I've known him for close to three years..He used to be a homicide cop in New Orleans...He's my full time investigator now...We have a duplex...My law office is on the main floor and he and I live on the second floor and my niece , Bev has the first floor. When you get released...Stop by and meet my new hubby and my staff. "she said.

"Wa...When...When...When ....When are you gettin married?" he asked.

''Oh in about an hour now...He went to get his family...They live in Monroe, Louisiana..." she said.

''Well...Uh...ruh, Uh...Ahhhh, congratulations are in order...I suppose..." he said.

''My husband...kind of reminds you of Detective Tyriq Pile of Philly Homicide,Only he's taller....You know him don't you?" she said.

"Tyriq...Yes...I know him quite well." said Soloman.

There was another pregnant pause...

"Well...My niece is here now...I've got to get dressed....It's uh showtime as they say....I'm happy for your release...and I wish you luck in your future endeavors...Remember..stop by and meet my staff and my new husband when you get released Mr. Foster...I'll be talking to you." she said and hung up.

Soloman hung the phone up and started to walk back to his cell...Then he placed a few more quarters in the phone and made another call...
V-

Detective Angela Belton's cell phone rang...she picked it up...

''Hello Angie...How are you doing?" he said.

''Who is this? Soloman?? Is that you??" she said.

"Yeah...I-I-I just had to hear your voice Angie." he said.

''How are you doing." she said..

''Great..I uh got my letter...I'm going to be paroled in thirty days." he said.

''Why that's...that's great Soloman." she said.

"I got my law license re-instated.." he said.

''That's wonderful...ADA Keith Wallace told me that you got your license re-instated...Got any job prospects?" she asked.

"I sent out a few, but I didn't hear from them...Coming from here....Few people are bound to take me serious, you know?" he said and laughed.

''I know right? But once you get out...You know it'll be different...You're an established attorney...I'm sure you'll find something." she said and laughed.

"So uhhhh, what are you wearing?" he asked....

''Don't start Soloman...Everything was cool until you went there.." she said.

''You still seein Jimmy?" he asked.

"Yes...He just left here." she said.

"You two serious huh?" he asked...

''Very serious." she said.

''Damn..this just isn't my day is it?"he said.

"It should be a good day for you...you're getting paroled.." she said.

"I uh..You know I uh...Had a crush on one of my lawyers....Olivia Bennett..I had no idea she was involved with someone...I uh wrote her a few times and she never mentioned another guy....and here today, I call her and she's in New Orleans, getting married!!!" he blurted out...

"So then you decide to call me huh?" she laughed.

''Yeah...I-I had stopped bothering you for awhile..." he said.

"So you're going to start bothering me again?" she asked.

"No...uh, no....Not at all..." he said.

"I know Olivia Bennett, She used to work in the Public Defender's Office...So she's getting married today! Good for her!" said Angie...

''That could be us...If you uh give me a chance!" he said..

"Soloman...Let's just be friends...Okay honey? Nothin is going to jump off here...I got a man...Your lawyer,Olivia is gettin married...You should go and find you someone nice once you get out...You're a nice lookin guy, you'll find somebody..." said Angie.

"Thanks Ang!" he said.

"You're welcome...Now I've got to go now...I'm going back to sleep." she said.

"Jimmy kept you up all night huh?" he asked..

"Soloman!" she said.

"So what are you wearing or are you naked?" he asked.

"Byeee Soloman, Happy New Year!" she laughed and hung up!

He walked back to his cell...

He was getting out....He would finally be free...But he felt like he had nothing to look forward to...Strange...He felt like he had more hope when he came to prison than he did now!

7 comments:

Toni said...

WOW! GREAT STORY! You kind of like combined Olivia,Bev and Donnie Ray with the Murder Police...Nice touch!

Angie B. said...

Nice...we are here freezing at this coffee shop...Nice to have your great blog posts to read.

Lisa said...

Poor baby..Soloman is still up to his old tricks, even in prison.

Halo said...

I liked this story and the way you mixed your newest charactors with some of your old.

Vanessa said...

Funny Story! Soloman is just no damn good! LOL!

Sunflower said...

Loved this little story...Liked "Foreign Territory" and "Little Black Dress" Nice self contained stories.

Grover Tha Playboy said...

I kind of felt sorry for old boy...Finding out that Olivia and Donnie Ray are getting married As they are speaking and that Angie and Jimmy are still together...Damn shame...While you're in prison..Life goes on.