Tuesday, October 13, 2020

A Change Of Mind

ONE WEEK LATER-

A Week later we all sat in Mabel Jenkins Soul Food Joint , having Lunch..

We all had a nice heaping plate of Shrimp and Cheese Grits....
and cornbread...


"Oh My goddddd...This is soooo good.." I said as I chowed down..


"So glad you like it....I just asked Mabel for the recipe...She wouldn't give it to me.."laughed Olivia..

"Ummmmmm Donnie Ray, you aint never lied....These are delish..." said Beverly, who was chowing down..


"That's alright...Your sister will give me a recipe for this..." said Olivia..

My sister loved both Olivia and Beverly, she thought they both were as cute as a button, which they were.

Nelson was really enjoying his food too...

''Shame we didn't get to work that case for ADA Harris...I thought she was going to recuse herself, considering she and the defendent used to date?" said Nelson in between scoops of grits and shrimp..

"That was before his present girlfriend decided to take over as his defense counsel...She's an Attorney too!" said Josie..


"I know her...Linda Huston...She's a Corporate Attorney, She does Contracts, Wills, that type of thing..She litigates in board rooms...She has zero courtroom experience...She's in over her head.."said Beverly..


"Oh My God...I see why Yvonne didn't recuse herself....She is having a field day with Linda."laughed Olivia..

and we all laughed...






as we continued to eat the good food..



and Hot Coffee was served..




II-

In court for the past week..

ADA Harris was having a field day...She had successfully argued and kept Brent from getting released on bail...Something she knew she wouldn't have successfully done if facing Olivia and Beverly.and crew
.






or Yvette Jones and her crew for that matter..







but now...She had gotten away with it...Which meant her ex boyfriend ,
Contractor, Brent Jenson, accused of murdering a former employee, who he had recently fired now had to spend the weekend in jail and the week leading up to the preliminary...He couldn't believe Yvonne was coming at him so hard...He knew she was angry because they had broke up and she had caught him in bed with Linda Houston,

His present lawyer... Linda , a very talented Harvard educated Attorney rarely entered a courtroom...She could count on one hand the amount of times she'd been in court ...She litigated in boardrooms, Contract agreements, Wills, et al...She was way over her head trying to defend Brent..

And the preliminaries showed it...

ADA Harris was having fun...Making Linda look like a fool basically...


Judge Keith Morrison noticed the partisan and somewhat personal nature of their bickering...He had to call the two women to the side bar several times...

Finally he ruled...

"There is enough here to warrant a full trial...It's Friday...Trial begins Wednesday Morning at 10:00 am..Be ready for trial..." he said..

"Oh...I thought I could win this in the pre-lims..."said Linda.

"Linda....baby....This isn't working...." said Brent Jenson..
"What do you mean?  I'm just getting started.." she said.


"This isn't your area of expertise babe...You are great at Corporate Negotiations, Wills, Contracts and the sort..but this is criminal law..This is my life baby....I'm already in the House of Corrections with the dregs of the earth...You couldn't get me bail, and you didn't block one motion ,Yvonne or ADA Harris I mean threw at you...At this rate, I'm going to wind up on a table with a needle in my arm..."said Brent Jenson..
"What are you saying Brent?" asked Linda Houston..


"YOU'RE FIRED BABE!...I'm sorry..." said Brent..

"Oh....Welll uh okay then..." she said and grabbed her briefcase and stood up and walked out...

"BABE!!!! BABE!!! Don't be like that!" said Brent Jenson as they hustled him back to the bus that was going to transport him to the House of Corrections...

In the Judges Chambers, Judge Keith Morrisin addressed ADA Yvonne Harris.

"Yvonne...It's quite obvious, from the personal attacks you and Attorney Linda Houston were lobbing at each other and the bickering that was going during the prelims that you and the now former defense attorney for Mr. Jenson have personal history...You and the defendent have personal history too don't you? You've always been a consumate professional...I've never seen you like this.." said Judge Morrison.

"I know and I'm sorry Keith...Yes...Brent  Jenson and I do have personal history. We used to date, up until a few months ago when I caught him in bed with that skank...I mean Attorney Linda Houston.."said Yvonne..


"Then you know you have to recuse yourself from this case...You can't prosecute this case and since he has fired his attorney..."said Judge Morrison..

"HE DID??" ADA Harris laughed..

"He did...So trial will not be starting on Wednesday...He has a week to get himself proper counsel or a Public defender will be assigned..and we have to find a new Assistant District Attorney to try this case. You know that..."said Judge Keith Morrison.

She sighed...

"Yes Keith....I know that...." she said looking somewhat relieved...She felt good humiliating Linda and knowing that she had been fired by Brent...She was even relieved that she was no longer personally involved with his case...

She smiled and grabbed her pocketbook and her briefcase and walked out...


He smiled thinking about his own wild night of sex with ADA Harris..

It was two years ago , after they had been out drinking..He had taken her back to his loft downtown..
and they had spent the night and a good part of that Saturday Morning...


making sweet love.


That was two years ago...She had tried at least three cases in his court since then...and she acted like that night and morning never happened..She never brought it up..

III-

THE NEXT DAY-


We were back at our Duplex Office....It was a quiet day...


Alfreda, our office manager was in the kitchen getting hot doughnuts she made out of the oven...and fending off her boyfriend, ADA Rockland Cambridge, who was kissing her..

"Rocklannnnnnnd...that's the last kiss okay...calm down...Ouuuuuuu you are soo horny.." she said..


In our conference room, Beverly ,Nelson and Josie were sitting quietly, talking..

"The Latest Scuttlebut I heard was that..That guy, ADA  Harris's ex-boyfriend fired his lawyer.."said Beverly...
"She's his girlfriend isn't she?" asked Nelson..


"Yeah, but she's a corporate attorney....Not a defense attorney..she was out of her depth...She was gettin eatin alive.."said Josie..
Alfreda and Rockland weren't the only ones kissing...Olivia and I were upstairs kissing passionately...

Which led to another quickie..

"OUUUUUUU WOOOUUUUU...OUUU HOOO HOOO HOOO...OH MY GOD DONNIE RAY!
UMMMMMMMMMMMM!" Olivia squealed as I lifted her petite body and entered her...

We were back on the couch with Olivia riding me...riding me like a surfer rides a wave...and kissing me...

"OHHHHHHHHHHH..OHHH MY GOD OLIVIA!" I moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUU....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...UMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned..

The legs on the couch were creaking as if they might break off at any minute...At times it felt as if we might turn the couch over...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HUSBANDDDDDDD!!!" she cooed..

"OHHHHHHHH YOU ARE DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!" I moaned..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWEEEEE,
OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed softly..

"UHHHHHHHH..OH MY GOD!" I moaned..


NINETY MINUTES PASSED SMOOTHLY BY...before we both climaxed together...
Nothing like a nice hot shower afterwords....and getting dressed and returning downstairs to the office..


"Heyyy guys...we miss anything?" asked Olivia innocently, but looking so guilty, she practically gave away what we had been upstairs doing..

''Auntay, ouuu you smell fresh, like you just got out of the shower....Never mindddddd, ouuuuuu!"laughed Beverly, who knew what we'd been up to..

The fact that I had on a different suit was a dead giveaway...I stood there blushing..
"WE ARE BUSTED HUSBAND!!" said Olivia, laughing..



Beverly and Nelson looked at each other and giggled..

Josie just smiled..

Alfreda walked in with hot doughnuts and coffee

fresh from the oven..

Rockland came in behind her...


Olivia's phone rang..

"Who could this be? It's from the House of Corrections?" she said.

IV-
"Hello can I speak to uh Olivia Bennett-Alexander!" came the voice...

"This is she...and who am I speaking to?" asked Olivia..

"My name is Brent Jenson, I'm a Contractor...I've been arrested and accused of First degree Murder..I am innocent and am in need of an Attorney." he said.
"I know who you are..You're ADA Yvonne Harris's friend...She told us about you a week ago...We were all set to represent you, but then she came and told us that you had counsel.."said Olivia.

"I did...but it uh didn't work out...My girlfriend is a corporate attorney, she handles wills, probates, negotiates contracts,litigates in boardrooms..She was way over her head and Yvonne was having a field day with her...I've been locked up for a week...I'm being held with no bail...and I'm drownin here..I need your help...I can pay you....Like I said, I'm a contractor...My company has money.." he said..He sounded so desperate..

"Okayyyyy!  We'll be up at the House of Corrections tomorrow morning to see you and we'll work out payment and the particulars of the case..." said Olivia..
''Welllll..I'll be here." he said trying to manage a smile. "Thank you Olivia." he said.
"You're welcome.....See you in the morning."said Olivia, who hung up..

"Well guys...We are back on the Brent Jenson case..That was him...He's been locked up for a week...He fired his lawyer today...He wants us and he's paying us.. I hated giving Yvonne her check back"laughed Olivia.

"Yvonne probably jumped for joy when she heard he fired his girlfriend." said Beverly...

''Yeah, but now she's got to face her worse nightmare..  Us!" laughed Nelson..

"She might recuse herself for all we know..I'm bettin she only agreed to prosecute that case because it was a chance for her to show up Linda Houston."said Josie.

"I'm betting you're right Josie.." I said..


''Well guys, our little mini vacay is over...We got another case.."laughed Olivia..


While at Curley's Bar....


Assistant District Attorney Yvonne Harris sat ,drowning her sorrows in drinks..



Bottomless Martinis, the promotion read..

Lt. Tragg eased up next to her..

"Hi Baby....Have you had dinner? I'm glad to be working with you on this case...." he said.
"Hate to burst your bubble Lieutenant,but I'm off the case.." said Yvonne Harris.

"OFF THE CASE? WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" asked Lt. Tragg.. "You were doing such a great job..You were eating his lawyer for lunch.." he said.


''Well, he fired his attorney and I had to recuse myself from the case because he and I used to date..We have history.." said Yvonne..
"WOWWWW! So you're gone and she's gone....Where does this leave the case?" asked Lt. Tragg.

"Wellll kind of in limbo...He's got a week to get himself a new attorney or a Public defender will be assigned to him...And a new ADA will have to be found to try this case.." said Yvonne..'At any rate..It's not my problem...." she said and tossed some dollars on the table.  "Good Night Lieutenant." she said as she walked out..
"Damn....a new ADA...I hope it's a good lookin broad.. And a Public defender or some lame O...Oh well, at least I got a good case against this guy." he mused...



(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments: