Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Red Moon Interlude


 The Red Moon still sat in the sky, Monica's ability to hear people's thoughts and feel people's emotions, in other words , her mutant powers were all but gone...Gone until the red moon faded..It was during this period that all mutants lost their powers, powers that made them unique from other human beings..


It was nearing it's final stage, because Monica had a  fever and she was weak...She wanted to continue our search for Dr. Alex Circle, her rouge gynecologist , who had kidnapped her and extracted some of her blood and injected himself with it...Giving him her hybrid DNA...and theoretically her powers...but she was too sick to continue.. I took her home..


"Baby, because of this Red Moon, he doesn't have your powers..He can't do a thing and thus his little experiment is a failure..but will he have your powers after the Red Moon fades?" I asked.

"He'd have my powers to a small degree after that, but they would eventually fade...He's not a mutant, he doesn't have my particular DNA...But his hormones are on overdrive...He doesn't know how to control them, this has led him to rape one girl and rape and murder another..We've got to find him and stop him.."said Monica.

"No...You're going to get some rest....Kylie and I will find him..."I said..

''Awwww, you take such good care of me bae!" she said and smiled..

We kissed slowly and passionately.... I remembered the first time she ever kissed me, We were on the moon, during our first case..It had been unexpected.


"Well, what are we going to do now? He's not our man and we have two hours before the next Shuttle?" I asked.

Monica leaned over and kissed me....Her lips were so soft...I gently pulled her to me, her body was so soft...


We kissed for a little over two minutes...



"Wow...What was that for?" I said.



"You're a very nice guy....that's all..And you think nice thoughts about me..Sometimes!"she said.



We kissed again..a little more passionately and a little longer...



"You have soft lips.."she said.


"So do you." I said.



We finally stopped kissing and she looked at me...

"You have the sweetest thoughts when you're kissing me...I can't believe you feel that way about me and you hardly know me." she said.


"You seem very nice...Very lonely..." I said.


"You're very intuitive...That makes you a good detective...I don't have a lot of friends..." she said.

"Well you do now..I'll be your friend." I said.


"We are partners...We can't get too carried away along this line..We have to keep it totally professional at work...Do you understand?  If you can't handle that..This ends..and so do we as partners....Got it?" she said..

"Totally..."I said..
.

I pulled her to me and kissed her again...


"And you were wrong...I can so handle this."I said.



"So you say..."she said smiling..and kissing me a little more in a passionate embrace.

"Am I gaining in the running to be Mister Talbert?" I joked.

"You're in first place" she said in between kisses..Then she stopped herself.."Just kidding..don't take that serious."she said...She was surprised that she had said that...



"Of course not ."I said and laughed..Future Mrs. Nellis I thought to myself...Knowing that she heard that thought.

We both knew then, that we were going to be more than friends, and more than partners...



II-

The Red Moon was still in the sky..

Of course all of that kissing led to major lovemaking...Well not major.. just an HOUR or so..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...." Monica cooed.

"Your body is sooo hot!" I said..

"THANK YOUUUUUU!" she said.

"Nooooo I'm serious...you're very warm..." I said..

She still didn't have her powers back or she would have known what I was talking about!

"Yeah...I feel kind of sick Nate...I'm sorry.." said Monica, sitting up as I got dressed..


"Baby, you've got nothing to be sorry for...You're sick...I want you to be well..I called your sister , she'll be up in a few minutes..but uh for the record, your body is HOT and I mean that in the way you originally thought!" I said smiling sheepishly..

Monica laughed.. "You are such a horn dog..." 

The doorbell rang..It was Monica's identical twin sister and my sister in law, Dr. Monique Cotton...

"Hi Nate...I came as soon as I could..I'm gonna make her some soup for when she wakes up...I'm gonna give her a sedative ,so she can sleep..That should break the fever.."said Monique..

''Awwwwwwwww I love you guys.."said Monica as she took the sedative and drifted off into a peaceful sleep..

Monique began making soup..

"I got her from here Nate.."said Monique..


"Thank you Sis." I said and kissed her on the cheek.


I got in my flying car and took off heading for the Squadroom.


Kylie passed me a cup of coffee as I entered the room.

"We haven't located him yet...but we are scanning all of the areas he has been known to frequent...No signs of him...Here have some coffee.. How is Mo-Mo."she said.
She passed me a cup.



''She's fine, she's resting now.."I said.  "does her Doctor have any associates?" I asked.


"I interviewed everyone at the clinic..They all said he was a pretty nice guy...The women said he was very flirtatious and a little handsy, but outside of that a nice guy...He has no priors..Oh and I checked...The DNA in his semen is a 99.9 percent match for the DNA taken from his office.. He is our killer...and our rapist and we know he kidnapped Mo-Mo...So all we need to do is catch him.. I have a BOLO out on him... His picture is in the Airport, Train Stations, Bus Stations,Aquaport, Spaceport and the Stateys (State Police) have been alerted.."said Kylie.


"Having Mo-Mo's Hybrid blood mixed with his and this Red Moon is probably a major reason for his bizzarre behavior...Him not being a mutant...His body and mind is not equipped to deal with that.." I said.


"You know, it's funny...Despite her powers...Her Telepathy and her hypersensitivity and all.. I have never viewed Mo-Mo as anything other than a normal human being, like you,like me ,like Monique."said Kylie.


"She is a normal human being...She just has a different DNA makeup from you and me that gives her a little extra.."I said.


"Funny...Monique is her identical twin sister and she has no powers...Neither does their father...but their mother is a mutant.."said Kylie..


"It skipped one daughter and went to the other....Yeah, I've always thought that was weird too!"I said as I finished my coffee and we talked.

III-


Philadelphia was a big city , a big city to comb looking for one man, one elusive man...


In Midtown in the bowels of one of our tony high rises lie a laboratory...

"You've really done it now...I don't know how long I can hide you here...You're the most wanted man in Philadelphia.. You wanted for Kidnapping a detective and Murdering a Prostitute and a Rape... Her Hybrid DNA made you do all of that...Apparently her powers don't transfer over to regular humans as I thought...

But your Hormone imbalance is most interesting...The need for sex becomes an all encompansing need...That is interesting...This is what led to the Rape and the Murder...Interesting...Very Interesting..."said the woman..

"Julie, I can't go on like this...I-I'm sick...."said Alex Circle...He was sweating profusely...


"I'll give you a sedative...I'm still running tests....I can't believe we were so wrong in our calculations.."said Julie Cornbluth a Genetic Scientist....


A white man with Blonde Hair walked into the room as Alex slept..He was Dr. Oran Faustus..A one time geneticist , who had been stripped of his license to practice medicine after kidnapping several mutants for the purpose of running illegal experiments..

"Apparently our gamble was unsuccessful....I was so sure that we were on the right track.." he said.


"I was certain too Dr. Faustus...but we were wrong...He has none of the mutant powers...and he has murderous side effects...A huge hormonal imbalance.." said Julie Cornbluth..


"Yes, but he has become a liability..He has foolishly kidnapped the mutant, who it turns out is a cop..He has raped a young woman and murdered another...We can only shelter him for so long...My plans for a Master army of mutates has failed..We must go back to the drawing board...Finish your experiments with his blood and then.......TERMINATE HIM!"said Dr. Faustus, who turned and walked away...


Julie Cornbluth felt a chill down her spine..

IV-


The moon was now Blue..


I returned home..
"She's sleeping...She was up...She had some soup and some ginger ale.. She couldn't keep it down..but she's sleeping peaceful now.. You'll have your old intrusive Mo Mo back in the morning.. Did you look outside at that Moon?"asked Monique.


"Yeah, it's blue, very pretty.." I said..

We both looked at the sleeping Monica..

"She looks like an angel...I wonder what she's dreaming about?" I asked.


"You love my sister so much...I always knew you did..That's why I love you too!"said Monique, who hugged me..

Monica was smiling...She was dreaming something pleasent...About the afternoon I proposed to her..


 Monica ,Monique and I looked at the duplex that was going to be our new home..


"Well guys,what do you think? Both floors have three rooms and a shower and a bath and kitchen,plus there is two garages for our cars...and room for your, your flying car on the roof or in the back." said Monique...


"It's beautiful sis."said Monica...


''With the three of us paying the morgtage and the bills...It will actually be cheaper than what you guys are paying for rent..and we'll pay the morgtage off quicker.."said Monique.
Monica looked at me.....

"You ready for this Nate?   You don't have to do this and nothing will change between us if you choose to stay in your apartment...This right here..this is committment..."said Monica.

"After all this time, you have to question my commitment? I'm all in...And I'm not just going to shack with you....I intend to marry you...Haven't I called you the future Mrs. Nellis since the day we first met? Before I ever kissed you, before you even took me serious?"I said and passed her a small box..

"Wha-What is this? Is this what I think it is? Ohh Nate..Oh My God..You're going to make me cry."said Monica, who now was shaking and had tears streaming down her face...



"Stop being so emotional sis and open it."said Monique, smiling..

It was a ring...with a big diamond..It set me back a couple of weeks pay.



Monica and Monique's eyes grew as large as saucers...

"WHOA!" said Monique...Who knew I'd bought a ring, but hadn't seen it.

"Nate??" said Monica ,who was tearing up...

"Future Brother in law!!!! I'm impressed!"laughed Monique.

"Whatever else happens...Let's not say that I'm not all in...Monica Lauren Talbert...Will you marry me?" I asked her..

"Oh My God..Oh My God..Oh My God..Oh My God...YES!!...YES!!!....YES!!!...YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!" she said and hugged me..tears flowing down her face..."Is this for real?" she asked..

''As real as can be."I said and kissed her passionately..

Monique smiled...She had taught me how to block the whole thing about buying the engagement ring out of my subconscious...She had held the ring for me for two weeks..

"Awwwwww that is so sweet.I can't wait for you to be my brother in law!" she said and hugged me.

"How we gonna swing this? With the department?" she asked..

''We'll figure it out....We'll work it out...We'll keep our engagement under wraps for the future until we set a date..but for now...let's get those papers signed and unpack..." I said.

"Yes....Can I call mommy and daddy and tell them? Ahem!  Hey...Could you two come up for air?" asked Monique smiling.....

Monica and I were kissing passionately as though she wasn't there... 

"I want what you guys got ...one day!" she said.

"Yes...Yess...Tell them.." said Monica who pulled me back to her 

and began kissing me again.....

Monique called her house...

"Daddy, you sittin down? Guess what? Huh? Who?   No I wasn't expecting any guy to come over..I was here in the new house..Alone...Some detective?? Who?  He came for me?? At what time?? Two thirty??

"Oh nooo..I was with Nate and Mo-Mo...Guess what?  They gettin married...Nate just popped the question and you should see the ring he gave her...Call mommy to the phone..."

"No dad,I don't know who it was that came by the house looking for me..Would you bring Mommy to the phone??..I want to tell her about Nate and Mo-Mo" she said.

Monica and I looked at each other and laughed...

We knew.Monique knew too!





Monica woke up, she smiled..

"Heyyyy guys...I feel like a million bucks...I had the most wonderful dream...I dreamed about the night we all moved into this duplex and you asked me to marry you Nate..." she said.  Then she said.. "I see you guys haven't made any progress in finding Dr. Circle."


"You can read minds again? Your powers are back???" I asked.

"Yuppper.....I'm back and tomorrow morning, I'm back on the case..."said Monica...


"YAYYYYYYYYY!" said Monique, hugging her twin sister...


I smiled..



The Red Moon was gone...Replaced by a Blue Moon!

(TO BE CONTINUED)



No comments: