Friday, November 26, 2021

Pancakes, Panties, Pasta and The Law


 Olivia placed a big stack of pancakes in front of Rockland Cambridge...



They looked and smelled great...



Rockland had worked up quite an appetite....He was starving...

"OHHHH OLIVIA, EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL....THANK YOU SO MUCH, THIS IS DELICIOUS!" he said.



"You are quite welcome.." said a smiling Olivia..



Alfreda, Olivia and I were fixing breakfast for everybody....

"Livy girl, I'm soooo glad you gave everyone the day off...I am exhausted..."said Alfreda.
"I think we both are Freda ..AND FOR THE SAME REASON!" said Olivia, cracking up laughing...



"GIRRRRRLLLLLLL!" laughed Alfreda...


I  smiled..I think we all were exhausted and for the same reason..

Beverly lay her head into Nelson's shoulders..
Nelson kissed her forehead gently and hugged her.
Josie looked sleepy...She yawned a little..


She too laid her head in her husband, Paris's shoulders....
So did Bresha...She was tired and she laid her head on her husband Tony's shoulders.


It was Friday... Both of their husbands, Paris and Tony had taken the day off as well and had joined us for breakfast....


Olivia and I took our seats...she sat in my lap and we fed each other....



Alfreda sat in Rockland's lap...He was finished...She ate her breakfast, while he held her tightly...











Pancakes, Hash Browns, Breakfast Sausages, Waffles, Orange Juice and Coffee was served...

We all chowed down....


Because our office was closed...The lights downstairs were dimmed..We were all upstairs eating..

Our doorbell rang and there was banging on the door..


"OLIVIA!! OPEN UP!!! I NEED TO QUESTION YOU ABOUT THIS CASE!! I HAVE A WARRANT!" It was Lt. Tragg...


Olivia peered out the window...

"I don't believe this guy.,.." she said.

"I do...." said Beverly.

Beverly pulled out her phone..



A sheriff's vehicle showed up within minutes..

"Doesn't look like anyone is home....What did I tell you Lieutenant?" the Sherrif barked.


They took Lt. Tragg's service revolver and handcuffed him...



They pulled off in the Sherrif's car ...


Lt. Tragg was locked up in the holding facility known as "The cooler"

He would never learn....

As for us...After breakfast was over and the dishes were washed and everything was put up....




Bresha and Tony walked home...




Josie and husband, Paris walked across the street to their home..


Beverly and Nelson also walked downstairs..

to their domicile and got back in bed.....



Alfreda and Rockland retreated back to our sub-basement...


To get some much needed sleep...

To my utter surprise..Olivia got undressed and called me back into the bedroom....

"OH DONNIE RAYYYYYYYY, COME HERE....I WANT TO SHOW YOU SOMETHING!" she said.

I was too weak to resist...
especially  when I saw her lying seductively across our bed.
What followed next was butter soft kisses...
, with Olivia , riding me on the side of the bed...

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you're sweeter than pancakes.." she cooed..

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWD! SO ARE YOUUUUU!" I moaned..

"AWWWWWWWWWW!" she cooed.
and unbelievably we were the only one of the couples that were having sex.. I'm sure everyone else was fast asleep..

In each others arms.....Well maybe not everybody...

"You have got to be kidding? You can't still be aroused after all we did yesterday??? Ouuuuuuuuuuuu
my goodness Rockland....Ummmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm ummmmmmph...Look at youuuuu!" said Alfreda..


as she undressed again...




"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ALFREDA..." moaned Rockland..

"Ummmmmmmmmm you are always so horny..." she moaned.in between wet kisses


"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ROCKLAND!" she moaned...as she slowly moved up and down on him on the bed.....


"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ROCKLANDDDDD!  OUUUUUUUUU HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS MAN...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" cooed Alfreda as the bed began to squeak .....

"YOU ARE MY BUSINESS ALFREDA...OHHHHHHHHHHH! I LOVE YOUUUUU!" he moaned..

"I LOVE YOU TOO!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUUU ROCKLAND...I LOVE YOU TOOO!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU OH MY GODDDDD! I LOVE BEING YOUR BUSINESSS , OUUUUUUUUUUUU!" moaned Alfreda.. as they began to make sweet love.


II-


In the office of Assistant District Attorney, Patrick Peace..

"WHAT? Tragg is in jail? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" he laughed.

"He violated a Cease and Desist order against  Olivia and Beverly's house.. He was caught up there a few days ago and the Sherrif's deputy gave him a break...Then the dumbass goes up there again, banging on the door and hollering and I guess a neighbor called..Get this...Neither time was anybody even there." said the man...An Investigator for the D.A.'s office.
"What a dope! He messed up my other case...Didn't recanvass and didn't look at other suspects...Ruined my perfect record..." said ADA Patrick Peace.
''What about Tragg? Are we going to Spring him?" asked the Investigator.
"No!  He's just in the way...I need to win this..I don't need him bumbling around, messing up my case."laughed  ADA Patrick Peace.



A NIGHT LATER- JOSIE'S BAR AND GRILLE-

We were at Josie's for more than one reason... To serve a subpeona and because I had a gig tonight..

I was sitting in with Symphony Sam and the house band tonight..

Olivia sat up front as usual and watched me... The mini skirt she was wearing was turning heads...Men were sending her drinks and she was sending them back...

She sipped a Mango Martini...

A pretty young woman sat down next to her..

"You're Olivia Bennett-Alexander, the attorney aren't you? " she said.


"I am..You're an Attorney yourself  aren't you?" asked Olivia.

"I am...My name is Halle Jackson....I graduated from Middleton Law school last year and passed the bar last year too..." she said.   "Girrrrrrrrrrlll that dress is fire! You gonna get in trouble tonight." she laughed.

"No I won't...My husband is here." she said.

She looked up at me..
.I had just finished my solo and my set..

"The trumpet player is sexy....Wowwwww! His suit is tailored just right and he carries himself so smooth...Ouuuuuuuuu, he could park his shoes under my bed any time....OUUUUUU!" she said.

"He's taken doll...That's how he got me.. Up on stage, playing the trumpet one night...Not in here, somewhere else...We've been together ever since." said Olivia..


"Ohhhhh snap, I'm sorry...I didn't know..."said Halle Jackson.


"It's okay...You didn't know...I'm flattered...My husband is an investigator...And uh as you know..We are defending John Blakely...who we represented in the sale of his magazine, Utopia and now in his murder trial...You were interning for one of the attorneys involved in the case...The late Ms. Luft....and you were dating one of her business associates , who you met when you traveled with her to New York..He paid you a visit on the night of the murder...We need you to testify that he did so..."said Olivia.




Olivia passed her a subpoena...

"You're not in any trouble...We just want you to testify as to who visited you that night...That's all."said Olivia, smiling..


"Oh!" said Halle, getting quiet..

"Relax...I'm buying you a drink....And I'm going to introduce you to my husband.."said Olivia.
I smiled as I sat down next to them...I had followed this woman for days as soon as I discovered who she was and found out she liked Jazz and she liked Josie's...


"Nelson! If you stare at me any harder, your eyes are going to fall out!" said Beverly, smiling..

"I can't help it...This dress is scandalous...and hella hot!" said Nelson...

Beverly was breaking necks tonight too, but Nelson was stuck to her like glue..

Josie and Paris weren't too far away from them...


Nor was Bresha and Tony...

Olivia signaled to us that the subpoena had been served. Mission accomplished..

We were ready for trial.


III-


The Trial began!  We had played games ...both sides, during the preliminaries...Neither side giving away our master plan...

Judge Martika Anderson was presiding over our case... She was tickled pink at the way we were baffling and confusing ADA Patrick Peace every step of the way....Taking apart his 22 dinner guest witnesses , who were at our dinner party's testimonies surgically and getting them to admit..That they say a "reasonable angry outburst, considering the circumstances..








by the fifth and final day of the preliminaries...

ADA Peace, to his credit was prepared... We had Case History, Predicates and Law on our side, but he did too..He had almost predicted what statutes we'd use and came up with counter statutes...He was good, damn good, but we were better..

The evidence he had was that our client was at the scene of the crime and had left a palm print and a partial finger print on the victims door... and yet no fingerprints or DNA of his was found in the actual apartment and no murder weapon was recovered...Thus backing up his argument that he came there upon getting a call from the victim, only to find her dead... And that he did make the 911 call to the police...Not something, we argued a guilty man would do.

Lt. Tragg was out of jail by now and stewing because ADA Peace did nothing to get him out... The two men barely spoke, the frostiness between them was only compounded by the frostiness between Lt. Tragg and us.


Nelson with his background in Psychology and Trial Science was a great asset to the team...

I did routine background checks on all of the jurors and provided him with work ups on them...




He ,along with Olivia and Beverly picked the type of juror they wanted and he did his best during Voir Dire to do just that... Nelson was a master gamesmen and realizing Patrick Peace's particularly weird psyche had..


Had Kayla , wearing that same sexy red dress merely sit in the Visitors section and observe Voir Dire..
She said nothing...She merely sat...

That red dress was garnering a lot of unwanted male attention...but it was especially throwing Patrick Peace off of his game..


He couldn't keep his eyes off of her .....It was a combonation of lust and anger at having been beat so bad by her in Poker, that he never played again...


This enabled Nelson to get 11 of the 12 jurors ultimately picked...In the last trial in which we got an acquittal...Nelson with 7-5 in juror selection...A Testimony to how good he was.



Beverly, Bresha and Josie frustrated him the entire first week of the trial, to the point


He found himself losing his temper and screaming at them....

Judge Anderson threatened two times to hold him in contempt and have him thrown out if he didn't calm himself down..and refrain from his outbursts..

"Looks like you're getting to our boy Liv." said John Blakely...
"Who? Me? " said Olivia innocently and laughing..
"He's losing it and he's losing the jury completely.." observed Nelson.
"I've never seen anything like this before." I said.


Lt. Tragg grumbled..

"You're making a fool out of yourself.. Liv is laughing at you.."


ADA Patrick Peace was losing it even more....He glared at Kayla.


She continued to just sit quietly and expressionless....


ADA Peace decided to go Nuclear...

"I call Olivia Bennett-Alexander to the stand.." he said..


Beverly argued against calling the defense to testify against their own client... 



Bresha and Josie presented cases and predicates and laws to boost up their argument...They managed to stall him for a day...


He cited "People Vs. Crandle" and smiled. He knew he had them.


Judge Anderson explained to him that "People vs. Crandle was used in certain situations, basically when it was thought that the defense attorney might be a possible co-conspirator with the defendent and then one must tread lightly on how it is used... There is no evidence in this case and though you can challenge my ruling if you prefer at a later date...I am not going to allow it at this time.." she said.


It was Bresha , who had researched this ruling and the case and had brought this to Olivia's attention..

"Look at my baby!  That part of it got by me...Good pull.." said Olivia, hugging her..It wasn't often something like that got by Olivia.



Beverly, Nelson and Josie all hugged her and smiled...


ADA Patrick Peace was furious...He plopped down in his seat...He closed his case...Almost calling for Jury Nullification.



Lt. Tragg just shook his head..

"They pull more stunts...More stunts..." he muttered, even though we hadn't done anything.. The Judge just made the argument we were going to make.


Our Defense was next!

IV-


Charles Van Jr. was our first witness...


Beverly and Nelson grilled him about his "Shadow Relationship", getting him to admit that "he had an inkling that our client and the deceased had more than a" casual relationship..."


Patrick Page objected and asked for relevance and on cross he asked Charles Van Jr. if he was in Philadelphia or anywhere near the condo of Ms. Lust on the date of the murder..


Charles Van vehemently denied being in the city....



Olivia and Josie showed him photos of himself , Attorney Luft and Attorney Jackson at Aqua Bar that very night..






Having drinks and talking...


He realized he had perjured himself.. He broke down and admitted he was indeed in Philly...He was begging Sarah Loft to get back with him and to see if they could restructure the deal and get it back to where it had been at the dinner party... He said she turned him down flatly and that both Halle Jackson and Sarah Luft left without him...

He said he got in a cab and returned to the train station and left the city...

He was telling the truth.


ADA  Patrick Peace glared angrilly at Lt. Tragg.. He didn't like surprises and Lt. Tragg was surprised himself about this development.


Attorney Halle Jackson was questioned by Bresha and Olivia.


She told them in detail about going to Aqua Bar with Sarah Lust because "She didn't want to be alone with Charles Van Jr." she said.

She said that she got a phone call from Travis Fortune..


who she had met a few months before and who she had shared a bed with..

He called her while they were at Aqua Bar and said he wanted to see her... She told him she'd be home soon... He came over at 10:30...." she said.

Beverly showed video of Travis Fortune carrying an overnight bag entering the condo at about 10:30.


Now a very nervous Travis Fortune was called to the stand..

"Mr. Fortune...these records show that your company, Capital One Communications was about to go belly up....Utopia Magazine would have been a major revenue booster, had you have gotten control of it.. When the deal fell apart, you were furious... I have people here from New York who will testify that you were particularly furious at Sarah Luft for having a change of heart , for breaking off the engagement with your boy and for deep sixing the deal and attempting to create a side deal for herself..You considered this grave betrayal didn't you?" asked Nelson.


He laughed "Come on mannnnnnn.." he said.. "I came here to see my girl." he said.

"Your girl?  You guys hooked up once in New York...That was in the summer and she testified that she never saw or heard from you until the night of the murder...You never answered her texts, nothing..
So You came to her condo at 10:30...She and Sarah returned at 10:35... You left her condo at 10:45 and returned at 11: 25....I believe in that time you shot and killed Sarah Luft and then you cooly returned to Halle Jackson's condo..



Had sex with Halle



and stayed with her until morning.. Nobody caught you coming in because you arrived well before the murder and left hours later.. You slipped through the radar." said Olivia.



Travis Fortune laughed.. "You can't prove any of this." he said cooley and calmly...

"The murder weapon was a .40 caliber..  You own a .40 caliber.. I have a New York State Gun Registration.." said Beverly.

"So?" he said.


Bresha smiled.

"The ATF will supoena that gun to see if it's a ballistics match..." she said.


"Police found a fingerprint and some DNA in Sarah Luft's condo. It was matched to Prints and DNA, relieved from the glass you drank coffee from  this morning at the train station diner.We have a very meticulous Investigator. We got a match to you....Your print and DNA had no business being in that woman's condo." said Josie.



Travis shook his head.. He smiled.

"I was so angry...She didn't stand to lose much...She was a talented attorney...But me, I had my life savings , my stocks wound up in this company...I was gonna be ass out....Broke...She was playing games.. She had to die...I had to kill her.. I'm still angry as hell." he sighed.

Judge Anderson said-

"In Light of these new revelations...I move to dismiss all charges against Mr. Blakely...Bailiff, take Mr. Fortune into custody." she said.


ADA Patrick Page hadn't exactly lost the case...but he wasn't even close to winning.. He glared at Lt. Tragg with an ice cold hatred..

"I NEVER WANT TO WORK ANOTHER CASE THAT YOU ARE INVOLVED IN EVER!" he said.


"The feeling is mutual." snarled Lt. Tragg.


"I love you guys...Josie, thank you for working out that deal....Liv, Donnie Ray, Bev, Nelson , Bree..Thank you all for getting me off..." said John Blakely.



"Oh you're welcome." said Josie.. Proud to have closed her first big deal.

"You are quite welcome...If you have any friends, business partners...Pass our names along." said Olivia.
"We are a small boutique firm but we do big work!" I added, hugging my wife..
"WOWWWW! I'm just glad it's over...I could use a few days off." said Beverly..
"Yeah me too!" said Nelson..
"Two murder cases and this business merger..I'd say we earned our keep." said Bresha.

"Hey you guys...Great job!" said Kayla.

"Thank You baby....Girrrrrrrrrl that dress is fire!" said Olivia, kissing her cousin on the cheek.
"It is.. I know you drive Ray Crazy when you wear this." laughed Beverly...

"I drive Ray crazy when I breathe..." said Kayla..


Bresha cracked up laughing..


"Kayla, Josie , Bree, Call your husbands..I know a fabulous restaurant..Dinner is on me." said John Blakely.


ADA  Patrick Page felt as though he had been bested again by us..Though not as bad this time as before... He hoped not to see us anytime soon. He walked away and quietly exited out the side door.


Lt. Tragg avoided the Press as best he could..


"Hey Artie....Another goose egg huh?" said one..

"When is the last time you actually arrested the right suspect?" asked another one.

"The Clinton Administration." said another reporter..

It was met by raucous laughter,.,


He had no fight left in him...He ignored them and exited the courthouse.

EPILOUGE-


Charles Van Jr. discovered while in Philadelphia that John Blakely had made another deal with Morris Communications and had gotten new advertisers...Within months, his company, Capital One Communications, started by he, his late father and Travis Fortune...went belly up and he was forced to declare bankruptcy....He had to move out of his condo and into a small loft, while trying to find work.


His former partner, Travis Fortune was convicted of Second  Degree Murder charges and sentenced to 15-25 years.


 John Blakely found a tony Pasta Restaurant and treated us all to dinner.

"Ouuuuuuuuuuu everything is soooo tasty!" said Olivia.
"I can't believe  I never heard of this place." I said.
"I can't believe it either." laughed Beverly, playfully punching me.

"Aww man, this is so good." said Nelson.

"Glad you like it...I love this place.  I used to come here with Sarah." said John Blakely.












as more pasta was passed around.

"Ummm this food is delish..."said Josie.

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm this is." agreed her husband, Paris.
"Enjoying the food  baby?" asked Bresha.

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" said her husband, Tony.

"Ummmmmm thank you for inviting us. This food is delish." said Kayla.

''So are you in that damn red dress Boo Boo." whispered her husband , Ray to Kayla.





Someone  brought a nice port and we enjoyed  it with our meal...Nice way to end a case.



FOR SLC!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The title made me throw my panties!

James Perkins said...

Great Story...Wild Title though!

Angie B. said...

Enjoyed this entire story...Starting at midnight, I binge read the entire story.

Toni said...

I binge read this and your last two Escapades stories as well as Ventures...You haven't lost your touch at all.

Sunflower said...

Another classic, but that title...LOL!