Wednesday, November 3, 2021

The Panama Cigar


 Judge Michael King was surprised to see his visitor this morning as he sipped his orange juice..




"WELLLLLLLLL, I didn't expect to see you here Ms. Jones.. Oh excuse me.. Mrs. Jones-Lockwood!"said Judge King.

"Good Morning Judge King... I'm sorry to disturb your breakfast...." said Ms. Yvette , who noticed a 
platter on his desk with eggs , hash browns and bacon.






"Oh don't mind that...I prefer eating quietly when I'm trying to think..What have you got there?" he asked.


"It's a petition for Cease and Desist for Lt. Tragg and ADA James Taylor...It concerns some rather racy photos of Judge Lisa Coleman  taken as evidence in the Harvey Mallet murder case...because of the sensitive nature of the photos and the people who may be in them, we would like the photos and the identities of the people in the photos to be kept out of the media and to be kept secret until trial.. I may request a closed session of trial to discuss and show those photos." said Ms. Yvette.


"Uh er ruh...you haven't actually seen the photos have you?" asked Judge King , who wrongly assumed that Yvette didn't know HE was actually in the photos..

"No I have not..but my client has informed me that she is in the photos with two very important men and that she was being blackmailed, so I assumed they were  of a sensitive nature." said Yvette coyly, not giving away the fact that although she hadn't seen the photos, she knew he was one of the important men featured in them.
"Yvette, you are absolutely correct in your thinking.. Here...I will sign this and have my administrative assistant make duplicates... Zelda...come in here...Make me some copies.." He said over the intercom, signing the petition.

His Administrative Assistant made duplicates and he passed the original to Yvette.. He had a relieved smile on his face.

"Thank you Yvette, thank you so much...This was very forthright of you." he said..


"You're welcome your honor." said Yvette.



She smelled the strong cologne of James "Jumpshot Jim" Taylor behind her..

"Hello counselor" he said softly into her ear... Staring at her sexy body and thinking.. "Mannn, she's married now and I missed out on that Brown Sugar!"

"Good Morning ADA Taylor." said Yvette.
"Vettie, why so formal? It's Jim.." he said smiling seductively...
"Since you're here counselor...I have something for you....It's a C&D order concerning those photographs you have in evidence..Read it and pass a copy on to Lt. Tragg." said Judge King.
"OHHH YOU MEAN THOSE PHOTOS OF YOU HUH?" laughed Jumpshot Jim...who read the Cease and Desist petition... "Hmmmmm..okay...I have no problem with this.. Old Barney Fife might...but I don't. Judge King  I'm here to give you something your honor..It's a petition of recusal.. Because of your past personal relationship with the defendent... You can't in all good faith be a fair and impartial Judge...So I'm petitioning you to recuse yourself from this case. This petition doesn't stop me from going to the press if you refuse to recuse yourself.. It just bans me from talking about or showing the photos in evidence..."said Jumpshot  Jim.


Judge King was livid...as red as a beet and embarrassed...He hadn't wanted Yvette to hear any of that...He wanted to strangle  Jumpshot Jim....He reluctantly agreed to recuse himself..He glared at Jumpshot Jim with an icy hatred...He wouldn't forget this.

Yvette stood there looking stunned...She didn't begrudge what Jumpshot Jim had done...She would have done the same thing in his position..but right now, she felt very uncomfortable and awkward.. She smiled sheepishly and waved goodbye and left the office..


At Sam Mothers Diner, some time later...Ms. Yvette had us cracking up at the story..



"I'm telling you...I could have gone through the floor." laughed Ms. Yvette.

"I'll bet Judge King wanted to put Jumpshot Jim through the floor." I said ,laughing and slapping my knee..
"OH MY GOD...IT'S A WONDER HE DIDN'T." said Sofia.
"I can't say I'm surprised..Jumpshot Jim has seen those photos...He's the prosecutor...If I were in his position..I would have done the same thing." said Bee Bee.

"Yeah, he really didn't have a choice..Judge King would have been good for us though." said Kahlil..

"He sure would have, and I have to admit...I would have been surprised if Jumpshot Jim hadn't of made his move." sighed Ms. Yvette..

"So where does this leave us now?" I asked.

"It gives us more time to prepare and design our defense..."said Ms. Yvette..

''We have to bring up the fact that he was blackmailing her and that they did have a relationship..She repped him two times as a Public defender...and once while she was at McCluskey." said Kahlil.


''WHAT? ONCE WHILE AT OUR FIRM?" asked Bee Bee.



"How could he afford her?" asked Sofia..

"He's a big time Atlantic City gambler...He has been known to have large amounts of cash on hand at times..  Besides..it didn't matter..She lost the case.. 

"Ohhh?" said Bee Bee.

"Yeah...As a Public Defender...She got him acquitted both times she repped him...but when she repped him last time, he was convicted and sentenced to three years as a guest of our government.. He did two years at the Federal Correctional Facility in Lompoc, California and was paroled."said Kahlil..

''Who was the ADA who bested her?" asked Sofia.
"No ADA, Try Assistant United States Attorney Christopher Donnegan
He prosecuted the case...He wanted him to do more time...The Judge gave him three years...
Since then, he has left the government and has a smooth corporate job in town...He's chief counsel for some muckety muck corporation...making the big bucks.." I said.

Yvette smiled her sexiest smile..

''Very good..Very good and when DID JADE TELL YOU TWO THIS?" she asked, laughing out loud..
"Yesterday at lunch.." admitted Kahlil..
"Yeah...." I laughed...

"You two are something else..."laughed Bee Bee.
"We actually thought  you did did some extra work." laughed Sofia.


''Where is Jade?"asked Yvette.
''You mean you don't know?" I laughed..

Jade is at Mallet's apartment..



looking around to see if the cops missed anything... She has her own equipment for testing for fingerprints and DNA."I said.

"I hope she gets what she needs and gets out quick..I don't want her running into any trouble with Lt. Tragg."said Yvette.

''You mean like we're about to have." said Bee Bee nodding her head towards the door..


Lt. Tragg walked into the diner and like a magnet...Made a bee line towards our table..

"A CEASE AND DESIST ON EVIDENCE?? EVIDENCE I COMPILED IN A MURDER CASE...MY CASE??? THIS IS A CUTE TRICK YVETTE!!!" he bellowed..

"It's called law Lieutenant...It's called representing my client to the fullest...You've already embarassed her, by making her do the perp walk through the press when she was arrested...People are already whispering the vilest things about her personal sex life because of what you insinuated...How do you expect her to have a fair trial or is it you don't really care?"asked Yvette.


"I had nothing to do with that...The press was tipped anonymously.." said Lt. Tragg.





Bee Bee, Myself, Sofia and Kahlil burst into loud laughter at that.....

"I've known you how long now? How many years?  I know how you love a good photo op..How you love being on Television...I don't believe that..."said Ms. Yvette..


"What are you tryin to say Vettie? You think I called them there?" he asked.

"Doesn't matter now.. My client has just been elected Judge...Until she has her day in court...She will not be further embarrassed by lurid photos or lurid talk about her past sexual life.. You guys paid for your meals?" she asked us..

"Yes." I said.
"All paid up." said Bee Bee.
"You ready Papi?" asked Sofia.,
"I'm ready." said Kahlil as we all got up from our table.

"Let's go guys...We have work to do."said Yvette as we all got up and walked out..


Lt. Tragg stood there, glowering at us as we left.

II-


Jade was indeed at Harvey Mallett's apartment..


She didn't find anything the police hadn't already found...No more negatives, no more photos , no notes.
Nothing! His phone was missing, The Hard drive in his laptop was missing, so was any gun or weapon.

She had equipment to help her lift fingerprints. She wouldn't find any prints but Harvey Mallett's...She 
looked around the room and through the drawers...

 


She found a half smoked Panama Cigar in the trash can....
Jade now knew...

SOMEBODY ELSE HAS BEEN HERE...LOOKING FOR SOMETHING!


This cigar would have been caught! She bagged it and tagged it...


She left immediately and went to the M.E.'s office.

"You're right Jade....My people and the police went over Mallett's place from pillar to post..Someone else has been to that apartment ,looking for something..It doesn't neccesarily mean anything..After all...YOU were in there looking for something too."said Hazel.


"I know...I have my reasons and whoever else was there, had their reasons too!" said Jade.


Jade's phone rang...It was a text from us, telling her where to meet us.

"Well thanks for turning this in...If I get a hit..I will call you."said Hazel.

"Thank you Hazel." said Jade.


Jade arrived at Olivia and Beverly's Office/ Duplex within the next hour



to find us all at her conference room table, working on the case..

''Heyy guys" she said, surprised.

''Heyyyy Jade!" I said upon seeing her.
"Hey Jade, we're working remotely here for a few days." said Bee Bee.
"This is so cool...We can sleep a little later." said Kahlil..
"Isn't this great?" said Sofia.



We all had our laptops plugged in and our Portal on the table..

"I am sooo lucky to have a girlfriend who has her own law firm....I can come here and work remotely...
I know she's about sick of me right now.."said Yvette, hugging Olivia and kissing her cheek.
"Never that Vettie..You know you are welcome at anytime...All of you guys..we love you!"said Olivia.





Olivia's other three attorneys, her niece, Beverly West, and associate attorneys, Josie Boyd and Bresha Billips were in the other room, their extensive law library, researching a current case they were working on...

Donnie Ray and Nelson walked in with food.

"Okay guys..break time..From Jake's with love."said Donnie Ray, Olivia's husband and the firm's investigator..
"Time to feast." said Nelson, Olivia's other attorney and Beverly's husband, who was with him on his food run.
.


They brought back Cheese Burgers and Hot dogs and fries from Jakes...


and that Guava Punch we all loved...


Ms. Alfreda, Beverly's mother and their office manager joined us and the 13 of us all chowed down...


It was nice to have friends and neighbors who could put us up and support us like this..because at this moment..


Lt. Tragg, furious about being handed yet another cease and desist order  stormed into our building and up to our suite..only to find it empty..



He stormed out of the building, raging..


We were safe, miles away at Olivia and Beverly's Office/Duplex.



"I found a recently smoked Panama Cigar in the waste basket when I was there.. I know what kind it was because my father used to smoke them when he would come to America on his business junkets..
He had a friend here , who would sell them to him off the Black Market."said Jade.

"My dad still smokes them...They're uh hard to come by, just like Cuban Cigars.."I said.

"The police wouldn't have overlooked that when they first went to his apartment."said Sofia.
"Somebody has been there since they were and just like you...They were looking for something."said Sofia.

"That's what I think." said Bee Bee.
"More than likely, somebody else that was being blackmailed..Somebody trying to see if there is anything incriminating left behind.."said Kahlil..

"It could be someone both who was being blackmailed and who killed him..."said Jade..



Yvette was speaking to Elizabeth on her portal...

"Hi Liz.. As promised we are contacting you because we are working on your case..I filed a cease and desist order that was signed by Judge King that keeps ADA Taylor and Lt. Tragg from showing those photos or discussing who is in them in the media or elsewhere...Those photos are sealed until trial..
Naturally, Lt. Tragg was furious...So We aren't in our office today..We are across the street at Liv and Beverly's place, working remotely.."said Yvette.
"Olivia Bennett?  Oh I remember her and her cute little niece and Nelson when we all worked at the Public Defender's office.. I heard she had her own law firm...and that they all work for her...Hi Liv!"said Elizabeth.
'''Hi Lizzie..Small world isn't it?" said Olivia.

"Indeed!" said Elizabeth..

"Congratulations on the Judgeship!" said Olivia.

"Oh Thank You..Thank You... Tell Beverly and Nelson I said Hello." said Elizabeth...
"I will." said Olivia..
''So tell me about Harvey Mallett? You and he had a history didn't you?" asked Yvette.

"Yes...when I first met him.. He was a smart aleck young punk...Caught on an illegal wiretap...and facing 25 years in prison..I repped him as a Public Defender and got an acquittal.. He was a ne'er do well..and within two years , he was in trouble again...I think it was a RICO charge.....I repped him again and again got him an acquittal..I left the Public Defenders Office for greener pastuers and wound up at
McCluskey/Cozen/Connor & Pratt.  Seven years go by and who do I run into but Harvey...He's older now...He's a big time gambler in Atlantic City and has made some money...He's dressing nicer, drives a nicer car...and in trouble again with the feds... I rep him once again...but this time...I lose ..He faces 10 years up the river..I get it reduced to three...He serves two and is out again..

How does the little creep repay me?  He asks me out for drinks..and shows me lurid photos of me and The Mayor...It was two years ago...remember when Lt. Tragg and his men knocked down the door of the wrong hotel room and caught his wife in bed with some city contractor??  It was then, Mayor Brown was upset...He was on the verge of a nervous breakdown...He hired me to handle a possible divorce..He was drinking heavily...I was trying to comfort him and one thing led to another and the next thing you know..My legs were in the air, my panties were on the floor and all inhibition went out the door. I don't know how he got those photos....He had photos of me and Judge Mike King.. Mike and I fooled around for awhile ,latter part of last year and early this year...We were friends with benefits... I tried a case in his court..I had no idea he liked me..until after the trial..He asked me out for drinks...He told me that he found me attractive and that he really liked me and pretty soon we started sleeping together... It was consensual...No promises were asked, no favors given....and just like that...It was over..  

Again I don't know where Harvey got those photos from, but he wanted money...I paid him $2000.00...Then he called me back wanting $10000.00 That's when I went to you guys." said Elizabeth.



"Did Harvey smoke cigars?" asked Yvette.
"No!  Harvey didn't smoke at all...Why do you ask?" asked Elizabeth..
"No reason......Just wanted you to know..We are working dilligently on your case....I'll talk to you tomorrow." said Ms. Yvette.

"Thank you so much.." said Elizabeth...




III-


Hours later  Yvette is at home..

Gary put his arms around Yvette's waist and hugged her...

"Ummmm my sweet girl was right across the street today huh?" he said softly...
"And I'm going to be there tomorrow too and the next day...Lt. Tragg is on a tear,...He's mad because I put a cease and desist order on him that he can't talk about those photos on T.V., Radio or Social Media.. Him nor ADA Jumpshot Jim " said Yvette..." Jumpshot doesn't care..but you know that means Lt. Tragg can't give any interviews and poison this case and Elizabeth's reputation anymore than he has done." said Yvette...

"He came by the office today...Asking me where you were... I told him I wasn't going to tell him just so he could harrass you...and as usual he stood there bitching and complaining about all he'd done for me and how I owed him and how I was whipped and I just tuned him out until he got tired and finally left."said Gary...



Gary slipped Yvette's panties down and bent her over the bathroom sink...

"Garrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyy, I haven't taken my shower yet..."cooed Yvette..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, we can take it together." moaned Gary...


entering her from behind...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..ohhhhhhhhhhh Garrrrrrrrryyyyy! You are such a horn dog...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! OH MY GOODNESSS....UMMMMMM you are sooo hard....You don't maker any damn sense...OUUUUUUUUU!!"
moaned Yvette as Gary slowly and as gentle as possible entered her from behind..

"OHHHHHHHHHH!" moaned Gary...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!" moaned Yvette..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmm, YOU ARE MY SWEET SWEET GIRRRRRRRRL...MYYYY GOODNESS!" moaned Gary...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm!" moaned Yvette who was afraid they were going to break the legs of the sink ,the way it was rocking...


Gary soon lifted  Yvette up and continued to thrust away inside of her...

"WOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!! UMMMMMMMMM
HUSBAND...WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO YOUUUUU?" squealed Yvette...

They stood in the middle of the bathroom floor, kissing passionately...Yvette softly stroking his penis..

"Baby, let's get in the shower." she whispered..

"Okay!" he whispered back..


They took a nice long hot ,soapy shower together, kissing passionately...

Yvette eased herself down on Gary , who was still as hard as a tree trunk after they got out of the shower, dried off and sat on the side of the bed.
and rode him softly and fluidly......like a surfer ,riding the waves... Gary was nearly delirious with pleasure..
Yvette kept kissing him and experiencing one orgasm after another as he held her in his arms and guided her up and down on him...
The next NINE TO TEN HOURS..they made sweet sweet love...caring about no one but each other...





THE NEXT  MORNING

Gary Lockwood, Investigator for the D.A.'s Office and husband of Ms. Yvette sat in the kitchen...Exhausted and thoroughly satisfied just staring at his pretty wife.

He sat in the kitchen sipping his coffee and watched his wife, Yvette Jones-Lockwood, Attorney at law and our supervisor run through her routine...
She got out of bed..Made the bed up...
Took a nice hot shower.. with a sweet and fresh smelling body wash, Lotioned down, put on a heavenly fragrance..
and proceeded to get dressed..New Bra, New Panties,
Put on a cute outfit...

Called her coffee order ahead and paid for it by phone..Then cancelled, She remembered she wasn't going to the office today...She was going across the street to Olivia and Beverly's house.

"Well be across the street at Livy and Bev's house..If you want me..just call my cell.." she said to Gary..

and then kissed Gary softly for three minutes..before applying her lipstick and hurrying out the door..

"I want you now." he said softly..

"You Horn dog, you always want me. " she said in between slow, soft kisses...
''See ya Babes.." she said.
"Yeahhhh, see ya..." said Gary...Who was more than aroused by that last soft kiss from Yvette...He smiled and shook his head..How fortunate was he ? He thought to himself.


She hurried across the street..


where breakfast was being served upstairs at Olivia and Donnie Ray's domicile.. Where she sat at the table next to Beverly and Nelson, who were in between Me and Bee Bee,Josie , Bresha,Kahlil, Sofia and Jade.
'Liv ,everything is beautiful and smells so good... I can't thank you enough ,not just for letting us work remotely today , but for letting us bring our clients here and finish up our lingering cases.." said Yvette..


"Will you stop thanking me? This place is big enough to handle your cases and then some."said a smiling Olivia as she set the table with plates and utensils..

"I have clients coming here today too for a litigation.."said a smiling Beverly..
"So do I." said Nelson..
"WOW! An all purpose law firm...It's the stuff of my dreams..that and cupcake here." I said squeezing Bee Bee, who giggled. I didn't have any clients coming here today, but she ,Sofia and Kahlil did,.
''Thank you so much for breakfast and  the use of your office...It's a nice getaway." said Bee Bee.
"I know, so nice to get up and walk across the street isn't it?" said Josie, who had just moved across the street from us herself.
Bresha agreed...

''We enjoy the company."she said.
"Our two teams have always worked well together..I hope we get to go out of town again sometime in the future." said Kahlil.
"You missed it Bree..Our two teams worked a case in Houston once and one in San Diego..For the Innocence Project.." said Sofia..
"Those were good times." said Jade with a smile..
''Breakfast is served" said Donnie Ray as 

Alfreda , the office manager helped him serve up everybody's plates..

Donnie Ray and Olivia had whipped up extra pancake batter the night before...and cracked more eggs..
Beverly, Alfreda ,Josie and Bree had helped them pre-prepare everything else before the end of the work day...

We all had-


PANCAKES
HASH BROWNS
SAUSAGE
OMELETTES
FRESH SQUEEZED ORANGE JUICE
HOT COFFEE


These past three days were epic.. Us working remotely from their Office duplex and having breakfast and lunch there..

And all of us.. Our two teams being spread out , working on our individual cases and litigations.



















Olivia and her guys were excellent hosts..The best and their office was as comfortable and accomodating as any law office I'd ever been in... Our two teams..We worked well together.

 

 IV -


It certainly befuddled  Lt. Tragg who couldn't find 
any of us in Sam Mother's Diner this week.

Nor in our office suite.. He was frustrated and angry that he couldn't talk about the case in the Media and he couldn't bitch and complain to anyone..






All of our other friends work and eat
at the Bridge Building down by Penns Landing.


in their modern cafeteria.


A frustrated Lt. Tragg had no one to spar with or annoy today and for the next three days.


But life and law goes on... 

Friday Morning, the end of the week..We were back in our office, working  as usual..

Bee Bee, Sofia and Kahlil were filing away the paperwork from their lingering cases and litigations.

"What you got planned this weekend Sofia?" asked Bee Bee.
"I sure wish Beverly planned another one of those laundry trips like she had a month ago... I've got laundry to do and dry cleaning....I'm doing that first thing in the morning..Tonight why don't we  hit Aqua Bar?  Bev, Josie, Bresha,Nelson,Paris and Tony will be there?" said Sofia.
"Aqua Bar is a good idea... And I'll meet you in the morning...I've got laundry and a dry cleaning run to make myself.." said Bee Bee.


"I got Laundry and Dry Cleaning to do too! Looks like we'll all be in the laundromat.."said Kahlil.

''Ditto and maybe we'll hit the gym afterwords.."I said as I helped them all file their cases.

"It's been a long week guys..We should know if a new Judge will be appointed by Tuesday..
Meanwhile for me..I might go to Josie's tonight with my husband and enjoy some smooth jazz and a nice bottle of wine..  I did my laundry a few nights ago.." said Ms. Yvette.
"Where is Ms. Jade?"asked Sofia.

''She's on her way here...She had to look into something." said Ms. Yvette.

In the hallway, one of our Partners, Robert Connor was walking another attorney to the elevator..


"I was glad to be able to have been of service to the man you sent to us.. Thanks Chris." said Robert Connor.

"No Problem Bobby, You scratch my back, I scratch yours...Heh heh heh." laughed attorney Christopher Donnigan..


. He stopped and lit a cigar.


"Ummm that smells good Chrissy, but you can't light them in here...This is a non-smoking building."said  Robert Connor.


"Yesss, every building is now of days...These are Panama Cigars..


Have a couple , I got more." said Attorney Christopher Donnigan.


The elevator door opened...

Jade walked out.. The smell of the Panama Cigars was familliar to her, she starred at Christopher Donnigan..

He found Jade very attractive..He smiled lustfully at her..

"WELLLLL HELLLOOOO!!!" he said.

"Hello Jade.. This is MRS. JADE LEE-HO, an Investigator with our firm.." he said letting Christopher Donnigan know she was married. "Jade this is uh fellow Attorney Christopher Donnigan, he used to be a U.S. Attorney before he got so important..Heh heh heh."laughed  Bob Connor.

"Pleased to make your acquaintence... Jade." he said ,all smiles and checking out her sexy body..


Jade continued to exhale the aroma...

"That's an incredibly unique cigar aroma.."she said.


"It's a Panama Cigar...Hard to get, but then again...I'm a master of getting things, hard to get...Heh heh heh!" he laughed 


As he and Robert Connor got on the elevator.

Ms. Jade stood staring at the elevator, long after the two men left.

(TO BE CONTINUED)


No comments: