Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Little Girl On The Move

Her name was Morgana Sykes and as far as I knew, she was still alive.. I didn't have Sissy's manpower but by using Facial recognition and algorythms..I was able to put sophisticated mini cameras in the Bus Station, the Train Station, Both Airports and at the Marina that would pick her up if she showed there and hopefully me and or one of my seven operatives would show up there and grab her.. It was science fiction like equipment we had just acquired..The benefits of hiring guys who used to work for CIA ,KGB and Homeland security.




Kool Kat, Bonnie and I meanwhile turned the city upside down looking for her.. Like most people I looked for.. I checked her financials.

She had used her credit cards and debit cards quite a bit.. We were always getting to where she was  hours, sometimes minutes after she had been there.


be it a Gas station..


or a coffee shop during the day...



In Bayside, Detective Barbara Hutton  wasn't having much luck either..


She interviewed all of those people, called all of those numbers in that phone book.. They all told her what she already knew.. and were of no help.. They all seemed afraid too ,like someone had gotten to them..


Barbara showed them the photos of our now deceased assailants and they responded.. Apparently they had been visited by them and the fear of God had been put in them.. She showed them morgue photos and assured them that both men were now dead.. They seemed a little relieved , but still would say no more.


Early one morning , I got a text message.

"THERE IS A SALE ON CRAB LEGS!"



That was a code from Pink, a code that meant he had some important information. I stopped by and picked up Walter "Kool Kat" Jones.


"Man you damn lucky me and Chelsea had just finished making love...or I wouldn't have answered the phone or the door."said Kool Kat.


It was about 6:00 am.. Pink had opened up yet...He let us in..None of his workers were even here yet..
This had to be big.


The man known as Pink ran a very profitable seafood market and restaurant....


He was a one time gangster...Now reformed and a legitimate businessman, He still kept his nose to the streets and still trafficked in information...It was said if he didn't know something, it wasn't worth knowing..

"Hey Pink... I know it's early and you aint opened yet...but I see some Halibut up front I'd like to purchase.." said Kool Kat..

''Go on up and weigh em and get what you want Walter." said Pink.


''So what's up Pink?"I asked.


"Look man, what are you into Kevin?  You have stirred up a hornets nest.. This guy, a real scary guy come around here lookin for you, information on you..Wantin to know why you've been askin questions about some white girl...I told him I haven't seen you in awhile, which I haven't..and that I didn't know nothing about you and some white girl..which I don't...but I do know this..This guy...He's heavy Kev, dangerous..His name is Farley, used to be top muscle for Bob "Big Butt " Thornton...Not the kind a guy you want lookin for you..watch your back.. He gave me this card, told me to call him if I saw or heard from you..I figured I'd give you a heads up first."said Pink.


''Hmmmmm..so far ,another Private Investigator has been killed ,looking for this girl and Bonnie and I took out two goons looking for something this P.I. had in his room..I don't understand this. Now this old hitter is in the mix? " I said.

"You got a big mouth Pink...I told you to call me...I figured you'd call Morris first..Now I gotta waste both of you."said the man, A man I recognized..

"Farley?? You were asking about me?? When did they let you out of jail??" I asked.
"I been out awhile.. Bob "Big Butt" Thornton told me to send you his regards." he laughed and aimed his pistol at me and Pink..


''Who you workin for man?" I asked. 'What is this girl to you?" I asked.


''There you go Morris, askin questions you aint got no business askin..and you, snitchin ass Pink.. We've long suspected you as workin both sides of the street...I'm gonna do everyone a favor by takin your ass out." he said as he raised his gun to fire..

A loud shot rangout ,hitting him in the side...blood poured out of him like a siv..He swerved like a drunk man....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY LAWDDDDDD!  I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!
I'VE BEEN SHOT! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Farley called out and dropped his gun and tumbled over, Dead!


Kool Kat stuck his .357 Magnum into his trousers..

"Damn Farley, you're slippin...You should check all of the exits ,make sure nobody else is in the buildin..You been locked up too long baby...You used to be better than that." The big man laughed ruefully...


I smiled...Kool Kat was nothing, if not efficient. This is why I've always wanted hm along, to have my back.

"Call this number.. It's Lt. Sissy Van Buren." I said to Pink , smiling.


"You two are some lethal niggas." laughed a relieved Pink. 

II-


Crime scene forensics took the shell casings, snapped photos of the dead man and stood aside..


"Farley Harbinger...When did they let this guy out of prison?" asked Detective Duke Baylor, standing over the body...

Detective Tyriq Pile picked up his gun with a pen..

a uniformed officer put it in a plastic evidence bag.

"That gun might figure in about six recent contract killings." he said.

"Kev, when you clean up the trash, you clean up the trash." said Detective James Barlow..


"He was released about six months ago and soon after , bodies started dropping.. Apparently, he works cheap and is very efficient."said Detective Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace.

''We liked him as a suspect in at least three murders..but we didn't have enough evidence."said Hop.
''We won't need it now...That gun will probably give us what we need."said Detective Sirena Pile.


"He used to be one of Bob Big Butt Thornton's hitters, didn't he?" asked Detective Angie Belton-Barlow.

''Sure did. You helped me put Big Butt and his entire crew away, remember Kevin?" asked Sissy.


"Sure do..The good old days huh?" I laughed.


"Can we remove the body Sissy?" asked Hazel..

"Yeah, we are done with him."said Sissy..


As the body was wheeled out in a white body bag on a stretcher...

''What are you working on Kevin? Who have you pissed off so much that they send this torpedo after you?" asked Lt. Sissy Van Buren, head of Criminal Investigation Division...

This was another time I was supremely grateful Lt. Tragg was on the Marine Boat and I was dealing with my friends.


"I'll tell you everything, over coffee.."I said..

"Okay, but not on the rooftop...It's too cold." said Sissy with her sexy laugh.




I met with Sissy a little later at C.I.D. Headquarters... I loved their new building..


I loved their stylish cafetria too.. No wonder they didn't eat at Sam Mothers.. it reminded me of the 

Great cafeteria at the Bridge Building where all of my attorney friends now worked.. They had an alternative to Sam Mother's Diner and Lt. Tragg also,


Both places had some great coffee... Sissy and I sat at a booth and talked.


"A Private Investigator named Jay Stevens


 was searching for a girl, the legal ward of a woman who is a client of the Cyclops Insurance Agency... The girl has vanished and she is the heir to a 100 million dollar fortune.  Jay was in Bayside.. He had called Bonnie Shay , who gave him he assignment and told her he was close.. He was meeting somebody who had information for him..

He was shot dead in a parking lot in Bayside.. The car was caught on Traffic Cam and was identified as having been stolen in Philadelphia a night before.. The car was found, abandoned..bleached and washed down..


Our good friend, Detective Barbara Hutton of Bayside Homicide asked for my help , the same time Attorney and Insurance Investigator ,Bonnie Shay also asked for my help.. That's why we were sitting in Sam Mothers the other day when you saw us..


A few nights ago.. Stevens killers, A Man from out of Detroit named Mobley Davis and a Philadelphia hood named Chas Vickers acosted Bonnie and me in Bayside.. Needless to say it didn't end up very well for either man.. Both bodies are still in the morgue."I said.



Which brings me to this morning.  Pink called me, told me Farley Harbinger come around , asking about me and why I was asking people questions about Morgana Sykes. Pink said he didn't know and he told him to give him a call if he saw me.. He must have staked the place out, Knowing Pink is my friend and would give me a heads up first... He surprised us and slipped in the fish market with his gun drawn." I said.


"Only the surprise was on him...and now his career is over.. His gun was a match for six murders that have occurred in the past six months.. I was going to pin them on him and send him up for the rest of his life...but you have uh taken care of that for me.. At least we have six cleared murders...


Sirena and Hop thank you for three...



Carlotta, Rico and Jimmy thank you for two..



And Duke and Angie thank you for one..

"We've picked up three people who we think required his services and we are preparing warrants for three more. I even did you a solid.. I checked his bank account..He received 50 large recently from a pocket account based in the Caymen Islands.. The name on the account was of course phony and as soon as we called and began inquiring about it.. The account was emptied and closed." said Sissy.


"Which brings me back to Square one..Can't find the girl, a fellow Private Investigator , who was closer than I am was murdered.. His killers are dead and somebody obviously wants me to stop looking."I said.


''So Stop looking. That wasn't your case anyway..It was Jay Steven's case... At least you avenged his death...His murderers have been killed." laughed Sissy , who said.. "But I know you friend...I know you want to find that girl and you won't stop until you do..Just be careful out there friend." said Sissy,

''Always.. I'm motivated by our coffee dates." I said,laughing.

Sissy smiled as I left.



III-


The Next Day, Bonnie , Barbara and I met with Bonnie's client...


Pamela Bell...who had been taking care of Morgan.

''Bonnie, Bonnie come in...Oh I see you've brought people with you..." she said,.

"Yes... This is a fellow Private Investigator I have working on the case, a Kevin Morris or Morris Investigations..


"Pleased to meet you mam!" I said.




"And this is Detective Barbara Hutton from Bayside.. She recently investigated Private Investigator,Jay Stevens 's murder." said Bonnie.


"Yes that was unfortunate...He called me the night he died.He said he had a solid lead to her whereabouts and he was meeting with a source..He expected to have some good news for me soon." said Pamela Bell.

"His meeting was with a man named Mobley Davis from out of Detroit..and Davis killed him. Mr. Davis and another man, Chas Vickers were both killed themselves two night later.. They found out that Jay Stevens was looking for her and had gotten close and they fed him false information and eventually killed him...Somebody found out I was looking into the case and they sent someone to kill me, That man is also dead. Maybe you can give us some insight as to why Morgan is missing, why has she gone missing? and who would want her not found?" I asked.


"I don't know.....I'm just worried about her..that's all...I just want to know she's safe That's all." said Pam
Bell.  "Would you all like some Hot Cocoa?" she asked.

"Oh that would be nice." said Bonnie.


Three cups of Hot Chocolate were prepared and we sat and drank...Afterwords we left and returned to our homes.. No closer than we were before of finding Morgan.

No sooner than we had left, her phone rang...

On the other end a voice  spoke..

"You've got a problem!  This little mess ,concerning your young ward has now attracted too many people... I thought getting rid of that pesky Investigator, Stevens would be enough...but we should have gotten rid of that Insurance Investigator, Bonnie Shay...She has now pulled Kevin Morris into it.. THe Homicide Detective shouldn't be a problem..Her murder is down..but Shay and Morris are asking too many people questions." said the voice.


"I thought you had someone to take care of Morris."said Pamela Bell.


"I did, but he unfortunately came up short.. He came with good references, I guess he came up short.
That's alright...I've got another man...He'll take care of Both Morris and Shay and Morgan if we can locate her.. She saw me committ a murder...She can't be allowed to live..There is too much money involved." came the voice.


"Look, she won't say nothin, I swear,let me talk to her...Call your man off.. And I'll tell Bonnie Shay her services are no longer needed... One murder is bad enough...Two is worse..Don't you see, we are getting deeper and deeper into this." said Pam Bell.


"Too Late, the die is cast, My Man has been given his assignment..Shay, Morris and even that homicide cop has got to go. Good Afternoon.


III-


Home once again....


"You're home early today...It's just three o'clock" said Sepia..


"I came home to see you..." I said.


''Liar, you didn't know I was going to be here.." she laughed.


''Where is Kimmie Cakes?" I asked.


''She's with Robert and Bonita remember?"said Sepia.. "Playdate...She'll be home tomorrow." she added.


"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm!" I moaned and Pulled Sepia towards me..


"You are so nasty , That's all you think about." cooed Sepia.


I kissed her slowly,softly,passionately....I lifted her top over her head..and snapped open her jeans..She wiggled out of them..

"Let's go upstairs..Turn the light out." she whispered.


We kissed passionately...I ran my hands deep down into her panties and squeezed her butt tightly..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUU! UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned..


Sepia's Bra and Panties always matched...she was wearing an aqua bra and matching string bikini panties.

''Damn girl you are intriuging." I said.


''Am I?"Sepia Whispered.


"Yes... "I said as I lifted her up and began to enter her slowly....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY!" Sepia moaned..


"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM OUUUUUUUUUUU GIRRRL!" I moaned..

"You are so nassty....ouuuuuuuuuuuu this is all you think about...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she cooed.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed as we sat on the side of the bed and she moved up and down on me...


''UMMMMM HUSBAND, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO DAMN GOOD IN BED?" she asked me as she rode me .......

I didn't answer...

We just made sweet love for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS!

Sepia fell asleep on my chest...



The next day, I stopped by my office...


and down into my sub-basement..

"Kev, we got a hit... That girl just boarded a bus to Atlantic City...We got picked her up.."said Peeping Tom.


It was the first time I had actually seen her since this investigation began...


I called Bonnie and Barbara and told them to meet me at my office within an hour..


I rented an SUV...
"If we get on the road soon enough, we may be able to catch her at a rest stop." I said.
"Yeah with no interference from anybody." said Kool Kat,.
"I hope this doesn't turn into an overnight thing." said Bonnie.


"Oh No..Nobody bought enough for an overnight.. Let's find this girl and wrap this thing up quick." said Barbara Hutton..


As we pulled off...


in route to the bus headed toward Atlantic City...Unaware we were being followed.



IV-

I had to say... This girl stayed on the move...  She didn't stay one place too long in the city, which was why we couldn't bear down on her...And she moved from Bayside to Philadelphia with ease.

"This girl has been on the move since she first vanished...And it's not your typical runaway type of thing.. Considering one man has been killed who was looking for her and there have been two unsuccessful attempts on my life..I'm thinking.. Maybe she is running from somebody." I said.
"You may be on to something..Jay Stevens trail was cold just like ours was for weeks, then he started hitting paydirt, started getting closer and he got himself killed for it.." said Bonnie.

''And look at the type of people whoever is hiring.. That guy you killed in Bayside was from Detroit and his accomplice was a Philly hood. Heavy hitters...The guy you guys tangled with in Philly was a known 
hit man..He didn't come cheap.  Somebody in her life wants her dead and anybody trying to help her.. Once we find her, we need to know why she's running and who is after her."said Barbara.

"It's simple..You follow the money!"said Kool Kat non-chalantly
"Huh?" said Bonnie.
"You follow the money.. Somebody put a lot of money out there to bring a guy from Detroit to kill Jay and to find her or anything she left behind... The Guy Kev and I tangled with Farley Harbringer..Is no cheap hood..he's one of the best, or he used to be...Somebody put a lot of dough out to hire high priced talent to plug this thing up and check this out...As we speak, they may have someone else lined up."observed Kool Kat.


"Kool Kat is right!" I said... It was chilling to think that our lives were in danger just pursuing this., but then that was already apparent.


I stopped, 

Bonnie took over the wheel.. 



Barbara Hutton sat up front with her.. I sat in the back with Kool Kat.



I allowed myself to doze off..

I dreamed of my wife, Sepia..


All at once, I wanted to be at home with her and not on this hunt for this girl..


But while we were busy chasing the Greyhound Bus, A gruesome discovery is underfoot.


In A Drainage ditch in Philadelphia..The Mummified remains of a male was discovered...


Crime Scene Forensics people were snapping pictures and surveying the area..

''What a mess...and this smell is ungodly.." said Hazel.
"Decomp is nearly complete.. I'd say this body has been here for about six weeks."said Marcy Martin..


"Is there any ID on him?" asked Sissy...


" We found a soiled drivers license...His name is Ambrose Higgins... a second ID shows he's some kind of lawyer.." said an officer..


''Looks like he was shot once through the heart and then dropped here...Who found him?" asked Duke.

"Those two over there...They came back here to get high and to uh make out and one of them fell into the ditch and uncovered this body." said Angie.


''Get him out of here and to the M.E.'s Office..It's raining.." said Sissy.

As the body was put in a body bag and removed from the ditch..


Meanwhile we continued our chase of the Bus carrying Morgan.


(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments: