Tuesday, February 15, 2022

The Fifth Dimension


 We were back at work the next morning..







We had Pancakes, Sausage, Hash Browns, Omelettes to order, Orange Juice and Coffee... There was something to be said for buying groceries and cooking at home.. We didn't have to tip..



Alfreda and I and Olivia prepared the breakfast.... It was Friday Morning.. a day we technically had off even though we had been pulled back into another case.

"That hearing is set for Monday Morning..It's a shame we couldn't get anything out of Paul Johnson." said Beverly..
"Well he's not going anywhere..Maybe sometime this weekend we can make another run at him." said
Nelson.
"Is Laundry Day still on for tomorrow?" asked Josie.
''Yes.. Both Tony and I have quite a bit." said Bresha.

" Everything is ready..." said Beverly.
''The Buses will be here at 10:00 am. I talked to Virginia..She'll be here." said Olivia.
"I talked to my caterer...He'll have the food ready.. Rockland and I will follow you in the catering truck."said Alfreda.

We all sat down to eat breakfast. 

Meanwhile at the Bridge Building, the rest of our friends enjoyed breakfast in their modern cafeteria.




''I understand Liv and Bev are having a Laundry Day tomorrow...That building isn't far from my Condo.. I might meet you guys there." said ADA  Karen Page.
"YESSS, Come Karen.. It will be a good time.. We'll have food and soda..This will be our third one, it's so fun.."said Jazzy..
"Olivia and Beverly's house is like the center of activity for our neighborhood.
"It was like that when I was a child..I always loved going to see Cousin Olivia and Cousin Beverly."said Kayla.
"Bennett Women."laughed her husband, Ray.
'we have our laundry bags packed and near the door.."said Jessica.
''Detergent and everything." said Chip.
"Gary and I have two bags of laundry at our door and ready to go.." said Yvette.
''So does me and Bee.Hope it's enough room on our bus." said Keith Jones.
"Of course it will be..."said his wife, Bee Bee.
''You two are so cute." laughed Jade.
''We hope to see you there too Virginia.. We can pick you up." said Kahlil.
''This will be our third time.. It's a good time." said Sofia.

"I'll be in front of my apartment complex at 10:00 am with my laundry bag... I think I'd better stop by the supermarket tonight and get some detergent." said Virginia.

So Happy to have this great job with Yvette and her staff and so happy to have all of these close friends in the same building....

Miles away at Sam Mothers Diner.


Lt. Tragg sat alone.. A few people wandered in and out.. he didn't know them.. He missed his back and forth with Olivia and her crew and Yvette and her crew.. he didn't them see them much anymore.

Sam Mother noticed it too.. He looked at Lt. Tragg and his anger grew...He missed all of us, our laughter, our great tips... but we were not going to try and eat and be harassed by a detective who was becoming more and more unhinged by the day. Sam Mother knew that...He wished he could think of a way to get Artie Tragg out of his restaurant for good, short of killing him!

We were all happy to be somewhere else.


And at our home..

''He called you at quarter to five Auntay?"
''Yes...He didn't leave a message and it couldn't have been important ....I had my phone on the charger , but I had it on still.. He has to realize I'm happily married. I hope he isn't using this case as a means to be closer to me."said Olivia to her niece.

''You were right not to answer it.. You're the only person I'd answer the phone for. Look, We'll be on you like a cheap suit the whole time..Me, Nelson, Jo and Bree." said Beverly.

"Thank You! I know one thing..Whether we represent him or not..He'd better not make this a habit." said Olivia.

''Pass the phone to Donnie Ray, that will put a stop to all of that."laughed Beverly.
"How about that?" laughed Olivia with her niece.

II-

An Overcast Saturday Morning  -10:00 AM


We stood with several of our neighbors outside of our Office and Duplex...





Two of the Mini Buses owned by our  law firm drove up...

Beverly clapped when she saw us...

"Good Morning Everybody...We are going to have Breakfast for you when you get there as well as Lunch." said Olivia.


''Let's get loaded up." I said as we loaded our laundry bags on the bus.


"Everytime is better than the last." said Keith Jones.
"I love your outfits Olivia and Bev, You're  matching." said Bee Bee.
"Really, you guys look great." said Sofia.
" Good, because I'm starving." said Kahlil. each had a bag of laundry... They each had a bag of laundry.

" Hi Everyone." said Yvette.
Gary yawned as he carried both of their bags to the bus,.

"Good Morning" said Jade, yawning..and carrying a laundry bag.
''Good Morning." said Danny Ho, also carrying a laundry bag and yawning.




" Good Morning... Glad everybody came out." said Nelson..

"This is going to be the best one yet.." said Josie.


Her husband, Paris yawned also as he loaded their three bags on the bus.

"Liv and Bev out did themselves with the planning." said Bresha..

"Man I love yall, yall is mad cool." said Tony, loading his things on the bus..He had never had friends like this...So cool, so together. He loved being a part of us... He was envious when he first started dating Bresha and was introduced to her friends.


Jazzy, Jessica, Kayla, Dabnis, Ray and Chip were already on the bus..with their laundry..


"This is just in the nick of time....Me and my hubby have two laundry bags a piece." said Jazzy..
''Aye Mios dios..I can't wait...It's been a month since we did any laundry...We stayed in last night bagging everything up and getting it ready." said Jessica.
''I hear you girl, same here..We are busy during the week and Fridays and Saturdays , we're at the gym in the morning, Bar hopping and clubbing all night and too tired to move on Sunday..."said Kayla..
''Well We went out last night, Aqua Bar and Stoleys. but tonight,  we are going to Netflix  and chill."said Dabnis.
"We Stayed in. We did have dinner at the Mermaid Crabhouse  earlier  with Liv ,Donnie Ray, Yvette and Gary. Then we all went home.  It's gonna be cold tonight.. Snuggle and Cuddle weather." said Chip.
''Kayla and I we were at Aqua Bar and Stoleys last night with Keith ,Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil and Ms. Virginia. We were in Josies for awhile too!.."said Ray
"Josie and I saw you guys in Aqua Bar and Stoleys Last Night..We were there with Bev and Nelson..but we went home after that..We didn't go to Josies.  We chillin tonight."said Paris.
''We basically Nexflix and chilled last night and plan to do it tonight too! "said Tony...
"Heyyy everybody." said Zoey, who ran up with her husband and two bags of laundry.
"Hey Guys." said Lem, her husband.
To our surprise, Virginia walked up with her one bag of laundry...We were all so happy to see her.

"Heyyy Virginia..I'm so happy you could come." said Olivia, who hugged her.

"I was bar hopping with the youngins last night.. I didn't know if I was going to make it." she laughed." I love you and Beverly's matching outfits." she said.
"Thank You...Donnie Ray and I and your Boss and her husband were all at The Mermaid Crab Tavern...For a light Dinner, then we all went home." said Olivia..


''Well, everybody's here...Let's go.." said Beverly..





We all piled on to the two buses and headed off...

On a 45 minute ride, halfway across the city...

To A huge tony ,ritsy titsy building that none of us looked like we belonged in...


It was modern..Ultra modern and beautiful....and empty.....We quickly commandeered it.. filling up the washing machines with our laundry...

''Beverly, I love this place...We gotta petition our neighborhood laundromat." said Bee Bee.
"Oh My God...I love it!!! So much more space and room and so clean." said Sofia.
"We do have to petition our laudromat."said Beverly..

"I'm thinking about getting a washer and dryer for our basement." said Olivia.. "But I would still go to this..It's so much fun.

"Let's start loading up while we got this laudromat to ourselves." said Josie..
"The people that live in this building must use it during the week." said Bresha..

"Girl I love it..." said Jazzy...
"This is great Cousin Bev."said Kayla.
''Thank you for bringing us here...You've spoiled us. I don't want to go back to our neighborhood laundromat."said Jessica.
''This is sooo nice, Thank you for inviting me." said Virginia.
"I told you it would be nice and we are so glad to have you here." said Yvette.
"This place is sooo huge." said Zoey..
"It is " said Jade.

After their clothes were in the washing machines..They had a seperate section where they all could talk and dish....

The girls weren't the only ones who liked the place.. Us guys liked it too.. We all loaded our clothes in the washers too and sat and talked and even started a card game that the girls eventually joined in.
There was College Basketball on the huge screens that we watched also..



















"Here comes my mom with the food."said Beverly.

Everybody clapped and cheered.


A Catering Van drove up..



Rockland and Alfreda unloaded and set up everything.

They set up catered Breakfast Trays and passed everybody plates and utensils..Pancakes, Bacon , sausage, Eggs,Hash browns ,orange juice and hot coffee.. Everybody was immensely happy..
We all enjoyed a very good breakfast..while our clothes washed.
''Heyyy everybody is there a washer available.? " asked Karen Page.

We all clapped..She had said she was coming through.

"Heyyy Karen.. Yesss.. There's a washer and a dryer right here!" said Olivia, hugging her.


"Heyyy girl!" said Yvette...who also hugged her.


"Get some food...Grab a plate Ms. Karen." said Beverly.


There was a cold cut tray provided for lunch , with breads, mustard and mayo for sandwiches..


and cokes..



As our clothes were in the dryer...We all watched some college basketball games on the huge monitors with our girls and chowed down on the good sandwiches and sodas... It was a good day...Freindship, Fellowship and Good Food

When we were all done, our clothes washed and dried and bagged up..We left the laundromat as we found it..It's machines with a little more money in them than they had before we came today!




We all piled into our buses and vehicles and headed home..Nice way to spend a Saturday.


III-

While we were having our" Laundry Day" in another part of town...


At the poolside bar in a Condo in Midtown..


Attorney Paul Johnson was drinking himself into a stupor.

"Hello Paul, it's been a long time....You didn't drink like this five years ago...What's going on?" asked Judge Stephon White.


''Stevie..You know I'm not supposed to be talking to you." said Paul Johnson.


"What are you talking about? What are you testifying about ? What Fraud am I supposedly involved in?" asked  Brian White.


"You know, Five years ago...We were both in Atlantic City....I gave you a Hypothetical situation...and you told me what you would do if it was you....I did it..anddd as payment for your legal advice..My clients made sure you were seated on the bench as a Judge.." said Paul Johnson.


''Do you hear what you're saying? We had a conversation..A Conversation. It was free legal advice..I don't even know what you and your associates did. Come on man...I earned my Judgeship.. I did nothing untoward." protested Stephon White.


"You'll get your day in court..Have you got counsel?" asked Paul Johnson, downing another drink.

''I do and you'll see them on Monday Morning." said Stephon White.

''Want a drink?" asked Paul Johnson.
''No... You've had enough for both of us." said Stephon White. Storming out.


Everybody was home now, relaxing...It was Netflix and Chill Night.. But I imagined it was a Sex and Chill night.


Olivia and I were alone in our domicile.. 

I pulled her towards me..


We kissed passionately for a few minutes.

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, you have wanted to do this all day haven't you?" she asked, giggling.

"Ever since you put that outfit on I've wanted to do this." I said.

"I know, I've  caught you looking at me, practically drooling.." she said, laughing.

It was true...I was..I had been.


We continued kissing, devouring each other's lips...breathing heavy...Olivia reached down and softly felt the crotch area of my trousers..  I was naturally aroused by all this kissing..

She put her hands over her mouth..

"My goodness Donnie Ray....You are as hard and as thick as a tree trunk..." she whispered as we continued kissing.. "And you're sweating..." she laughed...

She giggled as I unzippered her slacks..

"You want to get in my pants eh?Nasty Boy.." she asked.

"YESSS!" I answered...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" she cooed.


I was getting ready to slip her panties down when her phone rang,.

I couldn't believe it!~ Who could be calling us on a Saturday Night? ...at a time like this with my body trembling with anticipation?


She looked at it. It was Judge Stephon White.


She pulled up her slacks and smiled at me.. She looked like she was embarrassed..

''After this call..I'm turning my phone off and putting it on charger. I promise." she said.


"Hello!" said Olivia.




" Olivia? Where have you been? I called you several times and I even stopped by your place several times and you weren't home.. Nobody was home." came the voice of  Stephon White.


''Excuse me!  I was doing laundry" said Olivia.



''All day Liv??? , Where ,across town? Because I called you five times and your phone went to voicemail.. I even called Beverly once..And Like I said.. I stopped by your house and no one was there." he said.
 

"As a matter of fact, I was. As you know, I own two buses...My niece sponsered a laundry trip periodically for our neighbors and friends to this tony laundromat across town.. We took two bus loads of people..We catered the event and everything."explained Olivia.


I was getting angry. Who was giving her the third degree like this? This time of night.

He laughed..

"Liv that story is fantastic enough to be true..HAHA HAHAHAHA."

"I've got no reason to lie to you.. Let me remind you that it's Saturday...I am not at your beck and call...Now right now, I'm with MY HUSBAND! I'M BUSY!  If you know what I mean and I know you do. " said Olivia.

"Listen, I talked to Paul Johnson this afternoon...he's talking about a conversation we had in Atlantic city 5 years ago..It was hypothetic..Apparently he acted on it and he's saying his clients got me my judgeship." he said, completely ignoring what she said..He was almost like someone else she knew.

Olivia was getting a little perturbed at this point.

"Stephon... Stephon , Stop by tomorrow , after 2:00 pm preferrably and we can talk about it.. My husband is waiting for me..I'll talk to you tomorrow. Good bye." said Olivia.


"But Liv!" he said.

(CLICK!)

"He sounded like he was giving you the third degree...I was getting ready to take that phone from you." I said.
''I can handle him....Now come on, You said you wanted to get in my pants didn't you?." Olivia whispered seductively..


I slipped her jumpsuit off and slipped her matching  Kelly Green panties down again..

"OH MY GODDDDDD OLIVIA!" I moaned ........

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU ARE STILL HARRRRRD!" she cooed.

"How could I not be?" I moaned...



We fell on our couch and began making sweet love..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmph!!" I moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" She cooed..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHH YESSSSS!" I cried out.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WOUUUUUUU!" she moaned.  "I AM SOOO GLAD YOU'RE MY HUSBAND...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU OH MY GODDDD!" she cried out!

"I'M SO GLAD I AM TOOO!!! LAWWWWWWWWWD!" I MOANED...

She laughed  as we heated that couch up...

EIGHT TO NINE HOURS ooozed by slowly..


Olivia wound up falling asleep on my chest...right on that couch..

IV-


Judge White didn't stop by Sunday, Nor did he call..Maybe he was a little angry at Olivia for hanging up on him Saturday Night. He knew what we were about to do.. He was no fool.

He arrived at court on time. We were already there. 

He stood with us as the hearing began... This was simply discovery to see what evidence was aligned against him..It was so much different from a criminal trial, like we were used to.

Beverly, Olivia and I stood with Nelson, Josie and Bresha.
Beverly stood in between him and Olivia.. He had wanted to sit next to Olivia.. He wondered why she wasn't sitting next to her husband.
"I don't know what kind of case this is.. They only have one witness lined up against him." Olivia whispered to me.
Olivia sat next to me.. I slyly snaked my arm around her waste, Lt. Tragg style.. She eased into my embrace comfortably.

"This is more like a Kangaroo court." I whispered to her.
Nelson sat next to Josie.. Her body was warm like Beverly's and she smelled good. She and he thought of each other fondly as Big Brother and Little Sister.
She had her arms around Bresha, who was all of our "Little sister" being the youngest one of us.
Bresha loved working for a Black owned, Black female run boutique law firm as we were called.she felt valued and safe...We were kind of like the family she no longer had.

Once Again, we were in front of Judge John Bedford. He smiled upon seeing us. He liked us.

"Prosecution call your witness." he said.


"We call Mr. Paul Johnson." said Deputy District Attorney , Britt Burger.

Paul Johnson stood up...He looked at everybody and smiled. He wobbled a bit.


First off, he looked like hell, He looked like he hadn't slept ..His suit was wrinkled, he was unshaved and smelled like a saloon. He  tripped and fell on his way up to the stand.

The Bailiff said to him- ''Do you swear to tell the truth,  whole truth and nothing but the truth.?"he asked.

"I Swear!" he said 

"No you're supposed to say I do." said the bailiff..

"I swear, I do." he said.


"That's okay...Take your seat Mr. Johnson." Said Judge John Bedford.


" Now  Mr. Johnson..." said Deputy District Attorney Britt Burger.


"I take the Fifth Dimension against self discrimination.." said Paul Johnson.


"You can't take the fifth , you haven't been asked a question yet." said the Judge.




Beverly, Josie and Bresha were trying hard not to laugh..They held their heads down.. Their bodies were shaking..Tears were flowing down the sides of their faces.

Olivia's mouth was wide open..She couldn't believe what she had just heard...

Judge White put his head in his hands. His entire race for Lt. Governor rested in the hands of this drunken fool he thought.


I was smiling, watching everybody's reaction.

Nelson had a wry smile on his face.

Olivia was incredulous.
So was Judge White.


''Mr. Johnson we just want you to tell the court, what you said in this affadavit.!" said Deputy D.A. Britt Burger.

'' I will when I get sobered up Judge..Right now I'm Liquored up!" he said..

He fell out of his seat and rolled on the floor.



Beverly, Josie, Bresha and Nelson could no longer contain themselves, they laughed loudly and heartedly and stomped their feet at this..
Even I smiled..
Olivia shook her head...She smiled a bit.

"HE'S SOUSED! GET HIM THE HELL OUT OF MY GOTDAMN COURTROOM, THIS COURT IS ADJOURNED. HAVE HIM HERE TOMORROW, NINE O'CLOCK SHARP..AND SOBER!! I MEAN THAT!" bellowed the Judge.


Ronald Munson stood in the back of the courtroom, furious!


Deputy D.A. Britt Burger tossed his hands up in exasperation.


In the hallway, Judge Stephon White finally addressed us.

"Liv, guys, I'm sorry to have you come out here for this foolishness." said Judge Stephon White.


''Is HE THE ONLY WITNESS Against you?"asked Olivia.
''If He is.. you got nothing to worry about."said Beverly.

"I hear  there is one other, but to tell you the truth.. I don't completely remember what this is about." said Judge White.

"I'll do some digging.. I'll find out." I said.
''Well, today was certainly something."said Nelson.
"I'll take the Fifth Dimension.. I expected him to sing Up Up and Away in my beautiful balloon." said Josie, who was rivaling Beverly for funny quips.
"Bev, get your girl !!!" said Bresha, dying laughing..
"Jo missed her calling, along with all of her other skills, she could be a stand up comedian." laughed Beverly.
''She's funnier than your ex-girlfriend, Nelson." said Olivia.
"Who isn't? and I heard she's perfprming at Josie's again sometime this month." said Nelson.
"Now that's funny." I laughed.
Judge White managed to crack a smile too!

(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments: