Monday, February 21, 2022

Murder Par The Course


 PRELUDE:

A Golf outing..



A group of men are golfing... 

"Ouuuuuuuu that was something else " said Brad Richter..

"Look, we are here to have a good time...and Golf, why do you come here bringing this up?" asked Brad Richter...
"Because I can't get over the fact that YOU SLEPT WITH MY WIFE!!! THAT'S WHYYYYY BRAD!!" said one of the other golfer's Toby Tyler..

"Oh Toby look...It was a year ago okay? We were both drunk out of our minds...It happened...It was nothing.. I've apologized.. Jenny has apologized to you...Maybe you need to go to counseling..I know a guy, he's real good...It would help both of you.." said Brad..


"I DON'T NEED A RECCOMENDATION FROM YOU!!! I DON'T NEED ANYTHING FROM YOU......JENNY AND I ARE GETTING A DIVORCE....OKAY??? A DIVORCE!!!  SO YOU CAN SCREW HER ALL YOU WANT, BRAD!!!!" screamed Toby Tyler.

"You'd better get out of my face Toby , now enough is enough.." said Brad...

"WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO BRADDDD??? HUH??" screamed  Toby Tyler..


"HEYYYY, HEYYYYYY WILL YOU TWO STOP IT? COME ON...WE ARE OUT HERE TO HAVE A FRIENDLY GAME OF GOLF.. A STRESS BUSTER...COME ON GUYS?" said Terry Kenneth, another business associate..

TODAY-


This morning was unseasonably warm, 65 degrees....



In our new office...

Bee Bee and I, her husband Keith Jones were in our office..


with the door closed.

"I love you baby, do you love me?" Bee Bee asked me in between hot sweaty kisses.
that was getting hotter and more sweaty by the minute..


"You know I do...I have since I first laid eyes on you in law school." I said..
"AWWWWWWW!" she said as we continued to kiss passionately.

We were supposed to be finishing up our report on a recent case we had just closed.. We did that in 15 minutes.  The door was closed and we spent the next 45 minutes, kissing passionately...








Sofia and Kahlil and Ms. Jade were in court with Innocence Project Attorneys Jessica Sanchez-Burrows and her husband, Charles "Chip" Burrows and Tony Billips, the husband of Olivia and Beverly's newest attorney, Bresha Billips  finishing an Immigration case they had been trying for the past week..


Our Office manager, Virginia Shaw was sitting at the desk, taking calls and relaxing.. enjoying her new job and thankful to be free and making money...

Ms. Yvette was off today... She and her husband, Gary were home.

Enjoying some alone time..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  HUSBANDDDDDDDDDD!" she moaned..
"OHHHHHHHH VETTTIE GIRRRL...I JUST LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH.." Gary moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..I LOVE YOU TOO GARY!!! OH MY GODDD, I LOVE YOU TOO!" Ms. Yvette screamed.. as she was lifted and and entered slowly..
"OHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHHH PLEASEEEEE ..OUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" he moaned..placing her on the dresser drawer in their bedroom and pounding away...

"UMMMMMPH....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWEEEEEEEEE GARY!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWEEEEEEEEE."OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  HUSBANDDDDDDDDDD!" " moaned Yvette..

"UMMMMMMMMMMM VETTIE" he moaned, bending her over the side of the bed...

They sat on the side of the bed... Yvette moving up and down on Gary, driving him out of his mind..

"OUUUUUU GARY, I'M ABOUT TO CUM AGAIN!" she said.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AGAIN??" he questioned..

"YES..DON'T STOP...DON'T STOPPPPP..OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned.
and riding him cowgirl style on top of the bed... He didn't know if he was coming or going..
and finally in the bed, missionary style, making sweet love for the next NINE TO TEN HOURS.
Yvette having several intense orgasms.. and Gary cumming so hard, he thought he was dying..

 Ending with Ms. Yvette lying between Gary's legs...

''Why do you have to be so damn good in bed?" she questioned him in a whisper..and smiled..

"Same reason you're so sexy." he answered and laughed ruefully as she dozed off in his arms..


And at our building..


I finally opened the door and Bee Bee exited my office, Fixing her hair and going to her office to put on make up..

and I fixed my clothing and stood by myself for awhile until I calmed down and emerged from my office.
I smiled sheepishly at Virginia..

"We uh finished up our meeting...Uh, you going to dinner?" I asked.

She smiled at me sheepishly...She knew what Bee Bee and I were in that office doing.. She knew when I had meetings with Kahlil, I never closed the door.

"Yes, I'm ready." she said.. She took a wet cloth and wiped the lipstick off of my collar, but she didn't say anything..She just smiled.

Bee Bee walked out of the office just then...She was blushing like crazy.....


Just then, Kahlil, Sofia and Jade returned..

"We had a great day today..Finished up our trial.."said Kahlil..
"Yes...We got an acquittal and a renewed Student and Work Visa for our client, who will be working towards his citizenship."said Sofia.
"Reminds me of when I was in the same situation and you guys helped me get my citizenship."said Jade.


Virginia thought of Yvette, She looked at all of us..


Me and Bee Bee, Two young African American Attorneys...
Sofia, A Female Puerto Rican Attorney


Kahlil Ahmed, An Arab American Attorney.

Despite graduating from an IVY Leauge University at the top of our class, The chances for getting positions at a firm like McCluskey/Cozen/Connor & Pratt were pretty slim without an insider having our backs.. That insider was Ms. Yvette.

Who was lucky to be there herself and who hand picked us and got us jobs here straight out of law school, just months after we passed the bar.

and Jade, a former Tokyo Homicide Cop...an Immigrant, here on a work visa.. Yvette and her young attorneys had helped her gain her citizenship and hired her as an investigator..
And then there was her, A disgraced, disbarred attorney, recently paroled from State Prison.. Yvette did not think it was robbery to give someone like her , a second chance...and hire her as an office manager...A person lily white McCluskey/Cozen/Connor & Pratt Human Resources wouldn't have touched...

No Ms. Yvette was an angel... She was a Managing Partner , had her own office suite in a new building and had her own staff, which was all people of color.. She loved her..


It was the end of a work day.. They all went to dinner in the building's stylish cafeteria..







We were joined by our other colleagues and building mates, Jessica ,Chip, Tony ,Jazzy, Dabnis, Kayla and Ray...


After Dinner, we all rode the train home...Laughing and talking together....With Virginia getting off the stop before ours...

She hated that she lived six blocks from us...But that was closer than it would have been had she still been in the halfway house...
Meanwhile at the golf course...a man lay dead near the pond.....

II-
The Body lay eerily still near the pond.

Crime Scene Investigators snapped photos and looked for a single spent shell...

Dr. Hazel Baylor turned the man over...

"One shot...to the head...it went in right over the nose, right between the eyes..." she said..

"There is an exit wound from the back of the head.. He bled out....wouuuuuu really bad.." said Dr. Marcy Martin...


"We located the shell casing.. It's a .44 caliber casing Doc." said one of the CSI men..

Wearing Latex gloves, Dr. Hazel Baylor went in the dead man's pocket and pulled out his wallet.
"His Drivers License says he's Bradley Richter...His work ID says he's an Investment Banker..WOWWWW!" said Hazel.

"Ouuuuu an eligable bachelor.."laughed Marcy...

"How do you know he's single?" laughed Hazel..

"No wedding band and no tan line indicating a ring had ever been there."laughed Marcy...
''I've been married too long... Heads up...Speaking of eligable bachelors/" joked Hazel.

Lt. Tragg walked up ,flanked by six uniformed officers..

''What have we got here?"he asked...
"A Murder!  His name is Brad Richter, he's an investment banker." said Hazel.

"Cause of death was a close contact wound to the head....One shot, through and through...A .44 caliber bullet.. "said Marcy, passing him the plastic packet which contained the spent shell.


"Whoever shot this guy knew him and was close to him...Right in front of him....So He knew his killer..Hmmmmmmmmmmm...Alright, get him out of here and get me that Autopsy report ASAP!~" he said.

"Like you're going to read ir." whispered Hazel under her breath...
Marcy Smiled.

They watched as the body was put in a white body bag, strapped to a stretcher and wheeled away....


The Next Day, Ms. Yvette was back at work...



She smiled as she walked in and found us there..

"Heyyyyy loves how is everybody?" said Ms. Yvette..
''Me and Bee Bee wrapped up our case and completed an end of case report..." I said.
"The revised version is on your desk." said Bee Bee.
"We were successful in our immigration case yesterday, got an Acquittal and got our client set up yo get his citizenship." said Sofia.
"We'll have our end of case report on your desk in about an hour." said Kahlil..

"We all had a successful day." said Jade.

"It was quiet...Nothing much happened here yesterday...Just two calls and I uh left that on your desk."said Virginia, our new office manager. Before Virginia came along, we took turns taking calls..Now we no longer had to do that...

"Well, if no one has anything on their docket...

We can forgo our weekly meeting in the conference room and go home early today.."said Ms. Yvette.

"YAYYYYYYYYY!" said Bee Bee.
"Best Boss Everrrrr!" said Sofia...
"Thank You Boss Lady...I've got some errands to run."said Jade.

"Yeah, Me and Bee have grocery shopping to do and dry cleaning to pick up." I said.
"Same Here," said Kahlil.
"So Glad I could be of help... You have any plans Virginia?  Why don't we have a drink at Curleys before we head home?" asked Ms. Yvette.

"Surre" said Virginia, who was glad not to be going home alone tonight.


Yvette and Virginia went to Curleys...





They ordered two martini's.

''So Boss Lady, how was your day off? You look well rested and well loved."laughed Virginia.
"Oh My God, I didn't sleep much...My husband is a horn dog and he wants it constantly..and yesterday..he got it...and I must say....I enjoyed it...We needed that...I had been working so hard..with that Tanya Mosley Case and other cases... He was kind of taking a back seat for a minute...but I told him I'd make it up to him.."said Yvette.

''Jetty is the same way...Can't keep his hands off of me when he comes over..."laughed Virginia.

"I think Jetty is in love with you." said Yvette softly as they sipped their drinks.

"He says he loves me.. I thought he did all of that reaching out just to get me in bed...but he's in love....He sends me flowers every other day...." said Virginia.
''How do you feel about him?"asked Ms. Yvette.
"I love him....He buys me groceries and brings them over...He's getting me a car... He was already acting like my man before he actually became my man. And he always asks me how I'm getting along with everybody and if Lt. Tragg bothers me.. I haven't seen Lt. Tragg in nearly two weeks and everybody has treated me so nice...The Laundry Day, Hanging out at the clubs.. Shopping on Saturday, Sunday Brunch...I love yall...I love the way you guys support each other in the work world and fellowship at home..You guys are great." said Virginia." she laughed.



''And we live on top of each other..."laughed Ms. Yvette... 


" Olivia's cousin, Kayla and her husband Ray


moved on that block first and then I moved there shortly after... 



Then Jazzy and Dabnis moved in the neighborhood, a block across from our block



 there after they got married and I gave 


Jessica and Chip our realtor's number and they moved next door to me..




The Gary and Me got married and he moved in with me. and within months...my whole crew bought some of the remaining homes on the block..






and there we were living right across the street from Olivia and Beverly and Donnie Ray and Nelson.





Who were in the neighborhood first....

Olivia's girls got married and moved in the neighborhood too.. First Bresha and Tony


on Jazzy and Dabnis's block

Bresha and Tony, two doors down from Jazzy and Dabnis..



 and Josie and Paris,on the other side of me and Gary..." explained Yvette.

"Wow that is something.." said Virginia..

"Want another drink?  It's on me.. Virginia..All of us were chasing a buck, were making good money and lived in condos for awhile...but we all missed that community...That living around other people like us..that looked like us...We all found a nice neighborhood we could flow in and we all kind of by accident wound up living on the same block...and socializing...as well as working together...

"I love it..I like being a part of you guys...working in the same building with you, riding to work with you guys.. I just wish I didn't live so far."said Virginia.

"Six Blocks isn't far...This is a great building.. When Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia and Kahlil lived in this building, We'd come down and have cook outs on the rooftop in the summer..Now that you live here..We can come down here and do that again when it gets warm.."said Yvette.

''I look forward to it."said Virginia. She saw Lt. Tragg entering... "I was just getting ready to say this was a perfect afternoon." she said.
Naturally he walked over to them...

''Welllll look who it is.. Vettie and her new employee..The ex-jailbird...one time attorney....How is life???, " he said , always trying to get a dig in...

''What is it with you? Why do you always dig at her everytime you see her?"asked Ms. Yvette.


" It's okay Yvette. How is APRIL?  She still in San Francisco?   I'll bet you miss her...Nobody's panties to tug on...huh?" said Virginia.


Lt. Tragg looked as if he'd swallowed a canary.. He turned and walked away...

Yvette smiled and plunked down a few dollars to pay the bill...
She and Virginia left, walked a few blocks and caught the train home.


III-

FOUR DAYS LATER-

"FOOOOOOOREE!" said Assistant District Attorney Cal McCafferty...

"Good One Unc!  I think I can do better." said Toby Tyler.


"Ohhhhh? Let's see." said Cal McCafferty...

"OHHHH LOOK AT THAT!! LOOK AT THAT UNC!" said Toby Tyler.

"I see it... I see it!"laughed ADA Cal McCafferty...
"Just like you taught me Unc."laughed Toby Tyler..



Lt. Tragg surrounded the two with a tactical squad...

"Lieutenant TRAGG, WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?" bellowed ADA Cal McCafferty..
''Sorry to break up your game Cal.. but I've got a warrant for the arrest of your partner , Toby Tyler.."said Lt. Tragg.
"WHAT? WHAT EVER FOR?" asked a stunned Toby Tyler.
"YES..WHAT THE HELL FOR?  HE'S BEEN WITH ME ALL MORNING, PLAYING GOLF!"said ADA Cal McCafferty..
"It's not for this morning...It's for the Sunday Morning murder of Brad Richter...."said Lt. Tragg..

"Oh you're crazy...I was nowhere near here Sunday Morning... I didn't like the guy, but I didn't kill him..."said Toby.


"Don't say anymore Toby...Don't say anymore.."said ADA Cal McCafferty...


" Toby Tyler, you have the right to remain silent, Anything and I mean Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.. You have the right to an attorney..If you can't afford one, one will be provided to you...Do you understand these rights as I am reading them to you?" asked Lt. Tragg.

"Yes." Toby said meekly as he was handcuffed.


"YOU'VE BEEN WRONG BEFORE TRAGG AND YOU'RE REALLY WRONG NOW!!!  YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS...THIS WILL NOT STAND....OUUUUUUUUUUUU SOMEONE WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS!" screamed an angry ADA Cal McCafferty.. "HE'S MY NEPHEW GOTDAMN IT!" he bellowed.


"I'm sorry Cal...I really am...Come on Boys...Let's get out of here." he said as they dragged Toby off.


MONDAY MORNING!

Assistant District Attorney Cal McCafferty took the elevator up to our suite..
He was very impressed... His nephew Toby had been arrested on a Saturday Morning. The courts were closed on Saturday and Sunday...It was Monday...He needed a lawyer to get him an arraignment.
He saw Virginia Shaw, a former Assistant District Attorney, who had been disbarred and convicted and sentenced to life..  He had heard she had been paroled and was now working as an Office manager at McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt....And here she was in Managing Partner Yvette Jones-Lockwood's office.,

"Hello Virginia.. Nice to see you again." he said. He wasn't going to bring up the obvious and she was grateful he didn't.
"Hello Cal, Nice to be seen again.. Yvette said that you texted her yesterday... Everybody is waiting for you in the conference room." she said and led him to the conference room.

"Thank you Virginia." he said.



In our conference room



There was Orange Juice, Coffee and water for everybody...

I sat with my wife Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil and Ms. Jade.
"Good Morning ADA McCafferty." I said.
"Good Morning ADA McCafferty." said Bee Bee.
"Good Morning ADA McCafferty." said Sofia.
"Good Morning ADA McCafferty." said Kahlil.
"Good Morning ADA McCafferty." said Jade.


"Good Morning." he said and smiled.  He had a lot of respect for us. He thought we were fine young attorneys, Knowledgable and well versed and always prepared... He had gone up against us in court several times... He thought Yvette had done a superb job with us.

Ms. Yvette walked in and sat down at the head of the table.

"So..ADA McCafferty...I never expected you to be in my office." she said smiling.


"And what an office it is.. Congratulations Yvette on making partner...So this is what you get huh? Your own office in a new building huh?  Niceeeee!" said Cal McCafferty... "The reason why I am here is I need your help.. That jack ass Lt. Tragg has arrested my nephew and charged him with first degree murder of Brad Richter.." he said.

"The Guy that was shot on the golf course last week." I said.
"Yeah I heard about that." said Kahlil.


"That's the one..Look my nephew and this man did not like each other....This man slept with his estranged wife. He's the cause of their seperation and my nephew filing for divorce.  But I know my nephew..He's no killer.. He didn't kill this man...If I didn't feel so strongly about it..I wouldn't be here asking your help. Yvette, I need you and your team's help...I will pay you...It's just that as an Assistant District Attorney, I can not be involved with this case in any way shape or form." said Cal McCafferty.

''We understand that...It's Monday Morning... We need time to pull together Charactor witnesses and find a Judge.." said Yvette.

"We can get on that now.. I need to know where he works and if he's in any organizations...I'll round up charactor witnesses." said Bee Bee.
"I'll go to the courthouse and try to find a judge."said Sofia.

"And I'll dig into his past.. I'll talk to the wife and the other guy's associates." said Jade.

"Right now, your three young ladies are probably doing a more thorough job than Lt. Tragg." said ADA Cal McCafferty.
Ms. Yvette laughed. "No Doubt.  I'm sure YOU of all people know that."said Yvette.


"Oh God Yes" laughed ADA Cal McCafferty.

We all shared a good laugh.

IV-
Nightfall came.

Bee Bee and I were at home at last..

"I know you're glad we are finally home.. Hot Stuff, you're getting impossible.. We can't be alone without you being all over me.."said Bee Bee laughing.. 
"I can't help it. You know that." I said .


As we engulfed each other in hot smouldering kisses..


After awhile Bee Bee pryed herself from my embrace..

"I'm going to take a shower..Get ready for bed..." she giggled.

She took her dress off and once again, I took her in my arms and we began kissing...

My eyes nearly bulged out of my head as she stripped down to her bra and panties.


I joined her in the shower...This was a nice stress buster after a day of work..


Bee Bee lotioned down and put on a sheer, see thru baby doll, she sat on the bed and motioned me to come to her.

"Come and get it Hot Stuff." she whispered.

I joined her on the bed.

We began kissing passionately...

Bee Bee lowered herself on me...and began moving up and down slowly..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! HOT STUFF......OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU BABY!" she moaned.,

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BEE BEE.. I'M IN LOVE!" I said.

"I'M IN LOVE TOO!" she moaned.

we began making crazy, hot sweaty love..

For the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS...we didn't care about anybody or anything.



Meanwhile downtown in a holding cell, 


Poor Toby Tyler sat..accused of a murder he didn't committ , stewing!

''Even in death, that damn Brad Richter is a problem." he said.,

(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments: