Friday, March 17, 2023

Just Another Day In Court


 PRELUDE :MONDAY MORNING- 6:30 AM

Lt. Tragg and a tactical squad stood outside the building where Millionaire Odell Sleet
"Okay guys...we got the address ,let's go.!" said Lt. Tragg, armed with a warrant for Odell Sleet's arrest on Conspiracy to commit murder charges...

The Tactical squad followed him up the stairs....

He banged on the door..

"ODELL SLEET!!  WE HAVE A WARRANT FOR YOUR ARREST!!! COME ON OUT!!" he yelled..

He rang the doorbell again and banged on the door..


"Knock it down boys!" yelled Lt. Tragg.
The Tactical Squad removed the hinges from the door and split it in half as Lt. Tragg and his squad entered the residence...
Odell Sleet and a young woman were in bed finishing up a marathon session of lovemaking..

"Ouuuuuuu..."

"OHHHHHHHHHHHH SWEET BABY!"

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ODELLL< OH MY GOD!! ARGHHHHHH!" she screamed...
"WHO ARE YOU?? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" the woman screamed..
"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS? " YELLED A FURIOUS ODELL SLEET...



"GET DRESSED!! YOU'RE UNDER ARREST FOR CONSPIRACY TO COMITT FIRST DEGREE MURDER, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT..ANYTHING YOU SAY CAN AND WILL BE HELD AGAINST YOU..YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO AN ATTORNEY, IF YOU CAN NOT AFFORD ONE, WHICH IN YOUR CASE IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY...ONE WILL BE PROVIDED FOR YOU! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THESE RIGHTS AS I AM RECITING THEM TO YOU???LET'S GO!" said Lt. Tragg.

"You Idiot, when I finish suing you...You won't be able to push a broom in a department store...Veronica, call Ciara...Tell her I've been arrested.." said Odell.
"Okay!!" said the woman, who was in sexy lingerie....


Naturally, the press just happened to be there, snapping photos of Odell Sleet, doing the perp walk...

THE U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE-


"He did what? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh this bumbling idiot, this fool...Sleet was one of our targets...but we didn't have enough to move on him yet...He is ruining our investigation....Damn him!! Damn him!!!"snarled a livid, Assistant U.S. Attorney, Todd Dellums...


II-

TUESDAY- COURTROOM B- 10:00 AM

Judge Adam Heally was presiding over the second day of the preliminary hearing in the conspiracy to commit murder trial of Amber Nicole Davis...Millionaire Socialite and Digital Influencer, accused of conspiring with un named others to set up and kill Millionaire Wayne Heckleberg....It carried a sentence of 15 years ,with no parole until after 10 years was served..

Because we did not take ADA Harriet Yeller's original proffer, she dropped the 5 year parole condition.
Meaning if convicted , Amber would do a minimum of 10 years.

Amber hated her.....She reffered to her as the "Ice Cold Bitch"
Olivia tried to ease her anger saying that she thought Harriet Yeller was just a good attorney playing hardball...but she refused to accept any proffer.She battled her left and right during the preliminary...

Beverly and Nelson frustrated her with Predicates, Laws from like cases, and current laws concerning this type of case..

Harriet could see that Olivia and her protoge's were well trained and well prepared...She respected that.



Josie and Bresha stayed on their laptops, whispering to Olivia, Beverly and Nelson, different motions...

I shared a laptop with Bresha....also looking up things about Odell Sleet and the nine other men who took a bath in Heckleberg's Ponzi scheme.. We hadn't even brought up that the man was facing a federal indictment at the time of his death and that he had already put his home on the market for sale..


We didn't have to... ADA Harriet Yeller brought that up.....and she spotlighted the fact that Amber's father was one of several area men who had been ripped off by Wayne Mackleberg...Thus her motive was to avenge her father..

"My Father didn't know I was dating him Liv...And I wasn't aware he and my father were business associates...I wasn't...I liked Wayne...I had nothing against the man...and I certainly didn't know he was planning to move or under any indictment."said Amber..
''All in due time..All in due time Amber."said Olivia.
"Don't worry...She's playing right into our hands...She hasn't surprised us yet." assured Beverly...
"Thanks to our two stalwart back up attorneys here."said Nelson smiling and looking at Josie and Bresha.



Who were pecking away at their laptops and keeping us all up to date...

I sat back and smiled..

COURTROOM C- 

Judge Julie Wong , at this very minute was presiding over the arraignment of  Odell Sleet, who had been arrested the day before..



He sat in the courtroom with his beautiful young Attorney, Ciara Cologne...

ADA Gail Grady was arguing for Odell Sleet accused of a wide conspiracy involving Mr. Sleet and possibly nine other men and a young woman on trial in the next courtroom for this wide conspiracy should be held without bail and that he was a "danger to the well being of the city."

Lt. Tragg sat next to her with a pleased as punch look on his face...He had snaked his hand up her skirt several times and was rubbing her legs softly....
ADA Grady removed his hands several times before looking at him sternly and saying.

"WILL YOU KNOCK IT OFF?" 
Attorney Ciara Cologne argued-

"My client has been falsely accused of this crime...Although the late attorney Allan Hunt was his attorney....Mr. Hunt also had other clients, including a few of the men named as co-conspirators , who have not been indicted...There is no money trail leading to my client and not a scrap of proof that he has done anything wrong..." she argued..

She presented 16 charactor witnesses from the business and legal communities who vouched for his good charactor..
''Alright...I'm going to release him on his own recognizance..I see no evidence that Mr. Sleet is in fact a danger to the community. But Mr. Sleet, you are forbidden to leave Philadelphia without my permission and proof of special circumstances until this matter is cleared up...Is that Understood?" said Judge Wong.

''Yes your Honor."said Odell Sleet.... He kissed Ciara on the cheek and hugged her..
"Once again, you are worth your weight in gold young lady." he said.
"Thank You sir.." said Ciara Cologne.
At a Press Conference afterwords...
Lt. Tragg was about to address them when his phone began vibrating..

"Excuse me...I have to take this."he said... It was the Deputy of Operations.
"Yes sir.. What? Well no we uh knocked his door in because he didn't answer the door.. It  was 6:30 in the morning sir, yes...people are sleeping usually...The City is paying for his door to be put back on....I see...You want me to uh send him an apology and a sandwich tray from my caterer and I am to pay for it sir???...Yes sir...Yes sir sirrrrrr....What is that sir..The U.S. Attorney called.. As of this minute, he wants me off the case...What?? I am not to return to court at all?? But Sir?? And No interviews???? Yes sir sirrrrrrr." He said.
Lt. Tragg looked sick as he walked out of the courtroom in the hallway... He looked over.. He saw us sitting down in the waiting area...Court was adjourned for the day...



Olivia and I were sitting in the corner, kissing passionately......Oblivious to him and everyone else..
"They are so cute!"said Amber looking at Olivia and I..."So are you and Nelson."she said, smiling.. She was hard not to like...
"Thank You...Hopefully by Friday...or sooner, we can get this done with and you can be free to go about your business." said Beverly with a smile..
Nelson had his arm around his wife's waist... "They have next to nothing on you...Not a thing..This whole thing is a waste of time and we can prove it."said Nelson.
"It's been two days and I can see the frustration on the ADA's face...She looks distraught at the end of the day in court."said Amber..
"And that's how we want her looking..There's Odell Sleet...I guess his attorney got him released on bail..Olivia said she was sharp..." said Josie..
"I imagine a certain Lieutenant is livid right about now... he arrested you both and both of you are free...
He's 0-2 right now!"laughed Bresha..

Lt. Tragg was so distraught, for once he didn't go over to jeer at us...He kept right on walking out of the courthouse....He looked defeated.

Some time later, Odell Sleet and his attorney, Ciara Cologne returned to his Condo with a brand new door and a brand new paint job on the outside wall, paid in full by the city...

And a lovely sandwich tray...with condiments...and a written apology from Lt. Tragg.
Odell Sleet took a piece of swiss cheese and a slice of Turkey Breast and munched on it..

"I got to hand it to Lt. Tragg...Whoever his caterer is..Has the best meats..."laughed Odell.
"Yes they do..Mmmmmmmm"said Ciara Cologne, who made herself a sandwich and joined him in eating...


III-
TUESDAY NIGHT- 
We were home..

Olivia was on her laptop, looking up the Attorney Ciera Cologne
Ciara Lolita Cologne..

Born in Miami , Florida..

Mother -African American, Father , Cuban..

Father, a successful grocer and restaurant owner in both Miami and Philadelphia.

Mother, a school teacher in Miami and Philadelphia Public school system.

Educated in Miami Public schools..

Moved to Philadelphia with her Parents after she graduated from High school..

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre-Law-Trial Advocacy, St. Johns  University..

J.D.-Columbia University  Law School

Passed the Bar, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Deleware

 Speaks French and Spanish Fluently...

Associate Attorney -The Wellington Group..

Senior Associate Attorney - Sinoma and Williams Attorneys at law.

Assistant District Attorney-Wilmington, Deleware..

Ciera Cologne, Attorney at law, Private Practice....Office in downtown Philadelphia.

Personal Attorney , Odell Sleet.



"I knew she was sharp...She has quite an impressive record." said Olivia.


"Yeah , she got Odell Sleet released on his own recognizance..No Bail...They really don't have anything on him...No money trail leads to him...It all leads to his "bagman", the late attorney Allan Hunt.. How cautious and smart is he?" I laughed..


''Smart enough to insulate himself and to hire two very good attorneys....I just hope that young girl gets away from him before she gets herself in trouble." said Olivia.


Olivia and I were in our bedroom..


"Tomorrow Donnie Ray...continue to look into Mr. Sleet...he must've made some type of mistake...Something that leads him to Allan Hunt."said Olivia..




"Your wish is my command Mrs. Alexander..." I said.



"You love saying "Mrs. Alexander" don't you?" laughed Olivia as I took her into my arms...


"Yes I do.....I've loved it since the day you said "I do"" I said...


We kissed passionately....

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! And I've loved being Mrs. Alexander since the day I said I do" she said.

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" I moaned quietly as we kissed....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I lovvvvvvvvvvvvve being Mrs. Alexander." she moaned..


I helped her undress and she helped me undress...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYY GODDD! OLIVIA!" I moaned.

Olivia stared in my eyes kind of strangely... She slowly ran her hands down my leg, felt my erection and squeezed it a little bit....Her eyes grew wide and she looked at me...

"Whooooooo...I guess you' love being Mr. Alexander too!!!" she whispered...and then giggled. "You are always HAPPY to see me..WOUUUUUUUUUUUU, this thing is huge!" she laughed...

"Myyy goodness. LOOK AT YOUUU!" she said...

I slowly slipped her panties down......

''Ouuuuuu Liv, these are pretty...."I said.

"I'm glad you like these...All my panties are pretty."she giggled.

"YES THEY AREEEEE!" I agreed,



"Oh My God....Look at youuuuuuuu." she said.....

"Look at you baby." I said as I unhooked her bra and began sucking on her breasts....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...." she moaned...

She moaned , all the while holding my penis with both of her hands and rubbing it....


I kissed her, thrusting my tongue practically down her throat and rubbing her breasts...I could feel Olivia trembling....and moaning softly....I eased her panties off of her and laid her across the bed....

I stared down into those gorgeous brown eyes of hers and I entered her like nobody's business...I wanted to savor this experience, I entered her softly and gently and began to stroke her softly and slowly....She moaned and put her arms around my neck and drew me closer to her..She wrapped her legs around my waste and we began to move in a slow, yet deliberate rhythm for quite some time.

I couldn't get enough and neither could she...

''Ohhhhh my Godddddddddddddddd, oooHHHHHHHHHHHHH......Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..." she moaned ..."Don't Stop...Don't Stoppppppppppp...please...don't stopppp." she moaned, which turned me on more...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS IS SOOOO DAMNNN GOOOOD!
" I moaned...

"Oh yes...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu yes..." she cooed...she smiled serenely and lovingly..and then began to cry like a little girl as her body trembled....

So I took my time...I made slow, steady sweet love to Olivia for  EIGHT TO NINE HOURS!


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!  MISTER ALEXANDER!" she moaned..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MRS ALEXANDER!!!! " I screamed out...


She matched me thrust for thrust and even bit my shoulder at one point...She was so soft...so moist and smelled so good...I was losing my mind....

We made sweet passionate and intense love for another THREE MORE HOURS!!...

Olivia began to shake and gyrate and tears began to stream down her face....

"It's sooooooooooooooo goooddd...Oh my godddddddddddddd it's soooooo gooood! AND YOU NEVER GET ENOUGH!!!! OHHHHHHHHHH! "she moaned... 

She was so moist, so soft...I was losing my mind....

When we both finally came....We were both drained....


"Donnie Ray, We are like newlyweds...hehehehehee." she giggled.

"I feel like this is the first time, everytime I make love to you....."I said.

''So do I Donnie Ray..So do I....WOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!"said Olivia lying on my chest.....both of us slowly drifting off to sleep...


WEDNESDAY- SAM MOTHER'S DINER , 7:30 AM






We were having breakfast before we headed to court for day 3 of the preliminaries..

"Ciara, Beverly and I are big fans...We loved the way you handled yourself in court..."said Olivia.
"We saw you on the news yesterday...You got your client off without having to post bail...You were great."said Beverly.
"I'm big fans of you two also...I've followed your careers...You guys made me want to be an attorney...and I've followed your moves....I have an office that I rent downtown...I don't have a staff like you do....My Mami is my office manager and there is uh this guy who acts as my investigator...He's alright...but I think he's more interested in investigating my bedroom, which he's never going to do...I have some clients on retainer and a little bit of working capital...Nothing near what you guys have...And as you can guess...Odell Sleet is my biggest client..Last year alone, money from him kept my doors open."said Ciara.
"We understand Ciara, but just be careful...I'm not going to ask you to tell us, but you must know he's mixed up in a lot of shady stuff, including possibly murder...Just be careful insulate yourself away from all of that if you can."said Nelson
"Yeah, you're a good person and we admire you a lot."said Josie..
"We wish you nothing but the best of luck...Maybe after these two trials are over , we can hang out.."said Bresha.
"I would like that very much." said Ciara Cologne..
"Ugh Oh...Trouble just walked in the door." I said.

Lt. Tragg walked in the door..He saw us all sitting and eating together and he couldn't help but walk over to us....He stared at Ciera...

"You got me kicked off the case didn't you? You threatened to sue the city didn't you?" asked Lt. Tragg.

"Actually, I saved your ass....My client was going to sue the city for a lot...After I calmed him down...He compromised and asked for his front door to be replaced and for an apology from you...It could have been worse....You're welcome."said Ciera Cologne....

"You got him kicked off of that case too?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"laughed Beverly...
"No wonder we like you girllllll."laughed Josie..

''Did you guys get a deli tray and condiments too?  Whoever his caterer is, they have the best meats."said Bresha, laughing..

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" agreed Nelson.
Thin Skinned Lt. Tragg did not like being the butt of the joke and being laughed at....He looked at Olivia..

"Olivia, muzzle your people please!" he said.
"That's right they are people, not dogs...There will be no muzzling of anyone....I don't even like that term..Hey folks, are we done here? Let's pay our bill and get to court.."said Olivia.

All of us got up and headed to the counter...
"See you in court Lieutenant, OHHHHH that's right..We won't." said Beverly...




At that everyone burst out into loud laughter...Nelson, Josie, Bresha, Ciera and even myself...


We left Lt. Tragg standing there, furious....as we all walked out.. He had managed to get himself kicked out of both cases in which he made an arrest.



IV-


TWO DAYS LATER- FRIDAY COURTROOM B- 10:00 AM

We began our defense of Amber... Olivia brought up the fact that for an entire week the prosecution did not bring up one single fact linking Amber to the poisoning  of  Wayne Heckleberg...Olivia brought the testimonies of Crime Scene Investigators and Medical Examiner personell up again...None of them could link Amber physically to anything concerning the crime..
Beverly spoke on the fact that Amber had no idea her father and Wayne Heckleberg even knew each other...She had no connection to the nine men who were also swindled by Wayne Heckleberg, didn't even know he was planning to move...or was under indictment...
Amber smiled watching how these two were dismantling the prosecutions case...
We had subpoened Odell Sleet....

We asked him if he knew Amber Nicole Davis... He replied that he knew of her because he had done business with her father from time to time, but had never actually met her in person...There was nothing else Nelson could ask him...We had not one shred of proof of anything...

Josie questioned the other eight or nine businessmen who had been swindled by Heckleberg...with the exception of Amber's father, who was hearing about her relationship with Wayne Heckleberg for the first time when she was arrested and charged with his murder...None of these men knew her or had ever met her...
Bresha interviewed Amber.. It was risky putting her on the stand, but we felt as though the Judge should at least hear her side of the story...

"I liked Wayne...I liked him a lot...We dated for a few months...Wayne was married, but he was sweet....He'd buy me things , just because ....No reason....and he didn't look like much, but that man was hell in bed...Yesss...He brought to orgasm...so many times....He was married , but on paper only...He and his wife were living apart...She's in Europe somewhere now.. He's been dead for a week now and she still hasn't returned...He was starving for affection, attention...Wayne didn't know who I was..Didn't know that like him I had money... He gave me 100K, the last time I was with him...I just banked it..  I'm using that money to pay you guys to defend me, ironically enough."she said...

The spectators laughed.

She continued- O was , I was starting to fall in love with Wayne.  Wayne and I spent that last day together...We had a delicious meal at Caso de Royale..Then we went back to his place..We made love until daybreak....Then I showered and got dressed and left him....He wasn't asleep...He was awake...Standing in his living room in his boxers...and as erect as a board..He wanted to do it some more..but I had to go.. He peeled off 10 100 dollar bills, told me to buy myself something nice and he left...That was the last time I saw him...He was alive...I swear."said Amber, now almost in tears.

ADA Harriet Yeller did not wait for Olivia to give a closing argument, she could see the writing on the wall. she sighed.. "Your honor in lieu of the evidence or lack thereof in this matter...The People vote to dismiss all charges against the defendent." she said.  She knew she was fighting a losing battle and did not wish to go through a lengthy trial and lose..... This was a weak case...Better to cut her losses now.



"I concur, Case and all charges dismissed." said Judge Heally!




"You said you'd wrap this up in a week and you did.....You are amazing Olivia, you too Beverly, I love you guys.....I want to be put on retainer...you guys are my lawyers......" said a very happy Amber...
"You're welcome...You're welcome..I knew this case wasn't going to trial....There was no meat to it."said a confident Olivia.
'Wow this wasn't even a win, just another day in court.
"Yes it was....but a good day..." said Amber who hugged Nelson... "Take care of my girl, Beverly..."said Amber.
"I always do."laughed Nelson...
Amber hugged Josie and  Bresha..

"Josieeeeee, Breee, my girrrls...love you!" said Amber.
"Love you too!" said Josie..
"Love you too." said Bresha.. "What are you gonna do now?' she asked.
"I'm going to my hotel and pack my stuff and I'm going home...Gonna sleep in my bed tonight..Then Monday I'm flying to Miami for awhile...Somewhere where the beer runs cold and I don't know any of he players." said Amber.
I laughed.. "That's what I'm talking about.." I said.

"Nicely Done Olivia...Perhaps, another time."said ADA Yeller in parting.
"Thank You! Yes....Another time!" said Olivia.

We all wandered out into the lobby...
Lt. Tragg was there..By the looks on our faces he knew, He knew that once again we had gotten our client off, a client he had arrested.
Odell Sleet walked out of court too... He smiled... City charges had been dropped...The Feds were still looking at him, but as of yet, he had not been charged with anything.....
His Attorney, Cierra Cologne walked out with him...


Lt. Tragg gritted his teeth and stomped his foot..He knew...He knew in his heart that Wayne Heckleberg had been murdered and he knew that maybe the broad had nothing to do with it...but he was certain Sleet was guilty...

The Ironic thing was...He was right..


Lt. Tragg stomped his foot in anger...I looked at him...Somewhere behind all that slick hair gel and make up and vanity there once had to have been a good cop....I wondered..What happened to that cop?


EPILOUGE-

Odell Sleet appeared to have gotten away with murder for awhile...but the Feds are much better and more thorough investigators than Lt. Tragg... They made a compelling conspiracy case and arrested and convicted Odell Sleet of Conspiracy to commit murder in the deaths of Wayne Heckleberg and Frederick Gaspari...A Damning photo of him , Allan Ruck and Gaspari at the Airport pretty much sunk him...

He was convicted and sentenced to 20 years....He's in a Federal Prison in Southern California.

SATURDAY MORNING-A FEW WEEKS LATER!  THE NO ID BAR!
We were having brunch....
It had become a Saturday morning ritual....
"This is really nice.." said Attorney Ciara Cologne.
"Sorry about your client, I heard he got 20 years..." said Nelson. 
''We told you he was shady."said Beverly..
"You did...He lied to me...That's why I couldn't help him...but it's alright...I'll manage."said Ciara.
"We've got more than enough business...We can sub-contract some business your way, I told you I think you're sharp." said Olivia..
''And We can even help you out with some cases down the line if you need help." said Josie.
Her husband Paris, smiled..He seemed to agree.
"You'll be fine girl, we got your back!"said Bresha.
"Come on, let's get on this food."said Bresha's husband, Tony , making plates for the both of them...
"I'm with you there."laughed Alfreda.
Her Husband, Rockland smiled.
"Olivia told me how sharp you are girl...Here, call this number , go to this address , Talk to this man, Tell him Yvette sent you... This is the main office of McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt, they are looking for bright young Attorneys of color...They tryin to diversify."said Yvette.
"Thank you soooo much, I will."said Ciara.
"That's how we got started."said Keith Jones.
"I hope you get hired."said Bee Bee.
"Yeah , me too!"said Sofia.
"You'll be just fine."said Kahlil.
"Yeahhhhhh" said Jade.



Danny, Virginia and Jetty were still in line, getting food.. As were the others in our group...

















Another Saturday Morning Brunch.


No comments: