Tuesday, March 21, 2023

It's Always The Wife

 


PRELUDE-

This morning was unseasonably warm, 65 degrees....



In my office...

Bee Bee and I, her husband Keith Jones were kissing


We had the shades drawn and the door closed.

"I love you baby, do you love me?" Bee Bee asked me in between hot sweaty kisses.
that was getting hotter and more sweaty by the minute..


"You know I do...I have since I first laid eyes on you in law school." I said..
"AWWWWWWW! I know....I just like to hear you say it!" she said as we continued to kiss passionately.

We were supposed to be finishing up our report on a recent case we had just closed.. The case involved a wrongfully convicted client.. Bee Bee and I, Keith Jones had worked jointly 


with ADA Karen Page and her staff, our new friends and the building's newest occupants..Brooke Marks, Natalie Charles and her husband, David Charles. It had been a good win..Number 363 for the Wrongful Conviction Unit/Conviction Integrity Division




We settled the case in our conference room downstairs... All we needed to do was file away our paperwork.

We did that in 15 minutes.  
"Ohhhhhhhhh Bee Bee." I moaned..

The door was closed and we spent the next 45 minutes, kissing passionately...

Sofia and Kahlil and Ms. Jade were in court with Innocence Project Attorneys Jessica Sanchez-Burrows and her husband, Charles "Chip" Burrows and Tony Billips, the husband of Olivia and Beverly's newest attorney, Bresha Billips  finishing an Immigration case they had been trying for the past week..








It was a success, they had gotten the young man his citizenship in the nick of time, saving him from being deported and allowing him to finish his college studies.


Our Office manager, Virginia Shaw was sitting at the desk, taking calls and relaxing.. enjoying her  job and thankful to be free and making money...Thankful to be working in this building surrounded by all of us.

Ms. Yvette was off today... She and her husband, Gary were home.

Enjoying some alone time..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  HUSBANDDDDDDDDDD!" she moaned..
"OHHHHHHHH VETTTIE GIRRRL...I JUST LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH.." Gary moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..I LOVE YOU TOO GARY!!! OH MY GODDD, I LOVE YOU TOO!" Ms. Yvette screamed.. as she was lifted and and entered slowly..
"OHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHHH PLEASEEEEE ..OUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" he moaned..placing her on the dresser drawer in their bedroom and pounding away...

"UMMMMMPH....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWEEEEEEEEE GARY!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWEEEEEEEEE."OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  HUSBANDDDDDDDDDD!" " moaned Yvette..

"UMMMMMMMMMMM VETTIE" he moaned, bending her over the side of the bed...

They sat on the side of the bed... Yvette moving up and down on Gary, driving him out of his mind..

"OUUUUUU GARY, I'M ABOUT TO CUM AGAIN!" she said.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AGAIN??" he questioned..

"YES..DON'T STOP...DON'T STOPPPPP..OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned.
and riding him cowgirl style on top of the bed... He didn't know if he was coming or going..
and finally in the bed, missionary style, making sweet love for the next NINE TO TEN HOURS.
Yvette having several intense orgasms.. and Gary cumming so hard, he thought he was dying..

 Ending with Ms. Yvette lying between Gary's legs...

''Why do you have to be so damn good in bed?" she questioned him in a whisper..and smiled..

"Same reason you're so sexy." he answered and laughed ruefully as she  crawled  on top of him and dozed off in his arms..


And at our building..

We were having dinner in our cafteria with out newest occupant, Paris Boyd.  Josie's Husband.. He had started working this week as Dabnis's Para-Legal at his law firm.
"Welcome to our building Paris..." I said.
"You're going to love working in this building..."said Bee Bee.
'We've got a Gym and this cafeteria serves great food." said Sofia.
"Yes indeed!"said Kahlil..
"Dabnis and Ray already showed me the gym....and you're right, this cafeteria does serve good food..The best thing is... I don't have to eat by myself anymore..I get to eat with you guys."said Paris.
"Yeah, you're safe here..Far away from Lt. Tragg.."said Jade.
"Welcome to our building.."said Virginia
"Yeah welcome." said Jetty...
"Paris has already been helping me a lot, with my filing and court briefs."said a smiling Dabnis..
"Thank you Paris..now can you come upstairs and help us straighten out our filing and our court briefs??...Me and Kayla look better than Dabnis" joked Jazzy.
"Don't mind her Paris...We are glad to have you here."said Kayla.
''Yeah man, welcome to our building."said Ray...
"Josie will be so glad to see you when Liv and them come down here." laughed Tony.
"One more neighbor and friend in our building."said Jessica.
"Welcome buddy."said Chip.

"I remember when I was down here by myself and then Jazzy came...Now all of you guys are here...It's wonderful." said Karen Page.
"It is... Lt. Tragg thinks we are down here isolated from the world...The world is here!" said Brooke.
"That's for sure "said her husband, Sean who didn't work in our building but often ate with us.
"Ouuuuuuuuuuu, I'm tired...I can't wait to get home and get out of my clothes.."said Natalie..
"Yeah, me neither.." said her husband, David...





The Train took us all to our homes that afternoon... The past few weeks seemed like business as usual, but all of that was about to come crashing down and sooner than we thought.



II-

CITY HALL-
THE OFFICE OF ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY ROCKLAND CAMBRIDGE-
"Wow!  A Double.....I thought this was ADA Rockland Cambridge at first...."said A CSI guy...

"Nah...he's on vacation this week...He and his wife are uh at that Law Enforcement Convention in Atlanta..." said a uniformed policeman who knew Rockland...

"That's no vacation...That's work." said another uniformed officer..

"I wouldn't say that....It's Atlanta...I know Rockland aint gonna be workin the whole time he and his wife are there...He'll go to a couple of meetings, then they'll do a little shopping, hit the clubs..."said another police officer,,,

Photographs were taken of the two multiple gunshot victims, a man and a woman... both nude, semi nude...

One of the uniformed cops picked up a bra and a pair of panties off the couch

"Look at these...huh? va va va voooooooooom!" he said.

"Hey Hey!" said another uniformed officer..




''Grow up boys.... Victim number one...a male... he got shot in the back...the bullet severed some of his internal organs and then in the back of the head... He never saw his shooter... and victim two, the woman must have attempted to run...there is a defensive wound... Her hand.....and a shot to her torso and a nice clean shot right between  the eyes.. that exited out the back of her head...Death was instantaneous to both of them.."said the Cheif coroner, Dr. Hazel Baylor..
"Ewwwwwww...Apparently these two snuck in here for some late afternoon sex and were surprised by someone , who shot them both." so Co Chief Coroner Marcy Martin....

The CSI guys continued to dust for prints and snap photos....

Lt. Tragg walked into the office with a sneer on his face.. "Someone finally got Rockland and that Harpie of a wife of his huh? Imagine that and I'm the one who has to investigate HIS MURDER!! Heh Heh Heh?" he laughed.
"That's a Horrible thing to say Lieutenant...I'm surprised at you."said Marcy Martin...
"I'm Not...And anyway...This is not Rockland or Alfreda....They're in Atlanta at the Law Enforcement Conference....They've been there all week.... These two snuck in here to have sex and they were surprised ...There is no ID on either of them...They're both white!"said Hazel...
"I think they work in this building in another office somewhere..."said a CSI guy...
"Search the other offices...if they're locked ask the cleaning people to let you in...Better yet...I know who would know them...Send a car around to this address.,Pick up Gary Lockwood...bring him here."said Lt. Tragg.
And At Gary and Yvette's house, they were in the middle of, or nearing the end of another round of Marathon sex...
"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....OUUUUUU GARY, I'M ABOUT TO CUM AGAIN!" she said.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AGAIN??" he questioned..

"YES..DON'T STOP...DON'T STOPPPPP..OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! RIGHT THERE.....OUUUU LAWD!"Yelled Yvette...
"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...OUUUUUUUUUUUU GIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRl" howled Gary.
Yvette's legs were shaking something fierce....

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU OHHH MY GOD!!" she said.
"VETTIE, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" he howled..

"I HOPE SO, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY LOVE YOUUUUUU, UMMMMMMMMMPH!" she moaned as their bed rocked from side to side...  Gary came so hard, he thought he was going to die...with Yvette following him....
They both were drenched in sweat, Yvette lying on top of him..

"Gary Honey...I see the red and blue lights from a police car on the wall..." she said..
She looked out the window..
There was a police cruiser..
"It's the police!!! And they're ringing our doorbell!!!" she said.
"WHAT? Stay put..Let me get my robe...I'll see what this is about.."said Gary...
"Of course I'm staying put... I'm not answering the door dressed like this...THIS, is just for you."laughed Yvette.
Gary smiled sardonically...."Damn right." he said and put his robe on and ran down the stairs to his front door.
After an explanation...Gary took a quick shower, got dressed and rode with the police to Center City and City Hall.
He seemed surprised going to the office he shared with his boss, ADA Rockland Cambridge
An office he hadn't been in in two days...
and seeing Crime Scene Investigators and police snapping photos and seeing blood and two corpses..
"Oh Hell! what is this?   " said Gary....
''We thought maybe you could tell us, this being your office and all Gary..... Tell Vettie, I'm sorry, this could have waited." she whispered in Gary's ear..

"Nah Hazel, it's alright.. I know these two...I don't know what they were doing in my office, but I know them."said Gary.

"There was no ID on either of them...The Cleaning lady discovered them."said Marcy Martin.
"This guy looks familliar.."said Lt. Tragg.,.
"You know him...He used to be a cop.. That's Lenny....Hollywood Lenny Lawrence...He had some plastic surgery done a few years back and we all ribbed him...called him Hollywood."said Gary..
"Ohhhhhh yeah..He worked Vice, then moved up to IAD.."said Lt. Tragg
"Yeah...He worked Vice, Then Narcotics , then he worked under me..when I was Lieutenant over there.  I got him a job here as an investigator for the D.A.'s Office a few months ago... The woman??? Oh My god....That's Patti....His sister in law...I got her a job here as a favor to his wife...She's a lawyer, his wife...She works for McCluskey /Cozen/Connor and Pratt, my wife's firm...Oh my God...I've got to tell her.."said Gary..
"No, that's my job...I'll tell her.. You've done all we need here... Go Home Gary."said Lt. Tragg.
"Alright ,let's wrap em up and get em outta here."said Lt. Tragg.

Both bodies were put in body bags and strapped to gurneys and moved out  of the office on their way to the morgue,



As the press snapped photos.


III-

It was one of those rare times we were together and back in our old building..



We were having a meeting or rather Ms. Yvette was having a meeting with the Partners... She had taken us. She wanted us to know how these things worked.. She was always preparing us...always teaching us..


Ms. Jade was waiting for us...She had brought us all coffee's ..
"Thank you so much Jade.. Just what we needed.."said Sofia.. "So you had visitors last night Ms. Yvette. We saw Gary getting in a police crusier...Everything alright?" asked Sofia.
"Yeah...Two people were murdered in his and Rockland's Office... So glad Rockland and Alfreda are out of town." said Yvette.
"And Gary was home with you.."said Bee Bee.
"Yeah" I joked.. "Or Lieutenant Tragg would have arrested them for it for sure." I said.
"You joke...that's just what would have happened.."said Kahlil.
"That was my husband....one of the two people killed in that office last night." said another attorney, Cindy Lawrence.
"Oh My God!! Cindy, we didn't know...What are you doing here??" asked Yvette.
"Vettie...My Husband was cheating on me...WITH MY SISTER!!! She was the woman, who's body they found...I knew about it...I through him out a month before...As far as I'm concerned...He got just what he deserved,,,Her too!" said Cindy coldly...

Everybody was stone cold silent...






Attorney Patty Reynolds broke the silence... "Uh well..uh er uh...Anyone for uh lunch?' she said..

"Wellllll aren't I fortunate...I've actually caught everybody at work today, Including you Vettie and your staff...."said Lt. Tragg

who arrived with a Tactical Squad.

"How Lucky for you." said Ms. Yvette... She smiled at us... He still thought we worked in this building...He had no idea that we all worked miles away in the Bridge Building and only came down here once a month for all staff meetings or Partner's meetings.
"Looks like you got us."said Bee Bee.
I smirked..
Sofia giggled..
So did Kahlil..
Jade smiled..  This only helped us...As long as he thought we still worked in this building..He wouldn't dream of looking where we really worked..Halfway across town.
"Mrs. Lawrence...Your husband was murdered last night...It's pretty odd that you're here at work today."said Lt. Tragg.
"We were estranged...we weren't living together." she said blandly...."I've already been to the morgue and made positive Identifications." she said.

"You have a legally registered .38 revolver Mrs. Lawrence..."said Lt. Tragg.
"I reported that stolen a month agao Lieutenant." said Cindy Lawrence.
"Yes you did...but you never told us that you found it!"said Lt. Tragg.
"What? It was never recovered...What are you talking about.?" she said.
"I got a warrant! My men discovered the gun, a .38 revolver ,registered to you in your house...It passed a ballistics test... This is the murder gun....Mrs. Lawrence, you're under arrest for the murder of your husband Lenny Lawrence and your own sister, Patti O'Neal....You have the right to remain silent, anything you say ,can and will be held against you in a court of law...You have a right to an attorney...If you can not afford one...One will be obtained for you...As an attorney yourself ,I KNOW you perfectly understand what I am saying...Hook her up boys, let's go." said Lt. Tragg, placing the cuffs on her..

"Oh so, my serial philandering husband is murdered ,along with my sister and I AM THE MAIN SUSPECT, THE WIFE RIGHT?" said an angry Cindy Lawrence..
"It's Always the Wife in cases like this." said Lt. Tragg.
As a phalanx of reporters and photographers were on the scene asking questions and taking photos..


"Cindy don't say a word... I'll be down... I got you."said Yvette.
"Thank you Vettie." said Cindy....
"Well....Looks like ,here we go , back in court again..."said Bee Bee...
"Well we did have it good for a long while...Sofia ,you and Kahlil had an immigration case and Bee Bee and I had a wrongful conviction case....We knew that sooner or later a big murder case was gonna drop in our laps.."I said.
"I know....People can not behave themselves....always murdering." said Sofia.

Kahlil and Jade cracked up laughing.....


So did Bee Bee and I...




Ms. Yvette sighed...She had had it the easiest.She had sat back and just supervised us...She hadn't actually argued a case...Now she'd be back in court herself....

This is after all what we signed up for ,we all must have been thinking as we watched Lt. Tragg and his men walk Cindy out of the building.



IV-

"Okay Ladies...Bee Bee, Sofia, go find me a judge...A good judge."said Ms. Yvette.
''We 're on it Ms. Yvette."said Bee Bee.
"On it Boss Lady!" said Sofia.
"You two....Get me at least two charactor witnesses, they're all over here...All the lawyers here that know Cindy that have worked with her." said Ms. Yvette.
"On it Boss Lady!" I said.
"On it Boss Lady." I said.
"I'll meet you all back at the Bridge Building...Call me with any developments ,just in case things go sideways...and I'll double back.. Jade, you're with me."said Ms. Yvette.
"Always" said Jade.

"Hey Baby.  I went to your office, Virginia told me you guys were down here... I'm here to be a charactor witness for Cindy and to uh do some shadow investigating on the side.. I know Cindy didn't do this" said Gary...
''All those years you were trying to get in my bedroom....I never knew you'd turn out to be my knight in shining armor too."said a grateful Ms. Yvette.
She and Gary kissed passionately...
While meanwhile in "The Fishbowl", the nickname detectives have given to the interrogation room..
Lt. Tragg poured two cups of coffee for himself and Cindy Lawrence .
"Cindy....I know it must be tough , Your husband was sleeping with your sister and all...Why did you do it? I know you want to unburden yourself....Tell me...When did you snap?" asked Lt. Tragg softly...He knew Lenny Lawrence when he was a beat cop...When he made detective, he went to Vice... He was known to have slept with several of the hookers he rousted and had to let them go....His Sgt. suggested he transfer out of Vice, to keep him from getting into further trouble....He went to Auto Theft and then Narcotics....Ironically enough, he wound up in Internal Affairs Division  of all places...He romanced and married, pretty attorney Cindy O'Neal, then a Public Defender and now an Attorney at McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt. The marriage was good for three years ,then amid accustaions of infidelity and loud public arguments, the two were seperated at the time of death and she had filed a restraining order against him...

"Arthur I'm going to say this once and then I'm not uttering another word.. I didn't kill him... My gun was stolen and I am not aware how it got back in my house...now whether you believe me or not..That's the truth." she said as she drank her coffee and stared into nowhere..

(TO BE CONTINUED)


No comments: