Wednesday, December 9, 2009

To Love And Die In Smackwater ,Part 1


It was the early spring of 1969....I was working in Smackwater. I ran numbers and I helped Jack run his floating crap game. It ran in the upstairs room over his bar, The Liberty Bell on the
corner of Karpis Avenue. I was making pretty good money , both for him and for myself. I had an aqua blue 1970 Cadillac seville. I was wearing a white linen suit, with a Panama Hat and white spats...I was sharp as a tack that spring.

I was downstairs in the bar this particular afternoon. I was sitting at the table with a pitcher of Ice Water, another Pitcher of lemonade and a bottle of Pineapple rum...Just minding my business, when she walked in...She was tan, had on a tight skirt and a body that filled that skirt up ,I tell you...Long pretty hair and a pair of legs to die for.. I watched her pull out a cigarette..and I immediately walked over to her and offered her a light.

"Wow...do you light all of the girl's cigarettes?" she laughed.

"Only the ones that look like you?" I said.

She laughed- "That was cute...best come on line I've heard in awhile....That was original."

"I'm an original." I said.

'What's your name?" she asked.

"William Jenkins." I answered.

"I'm Thelma Louise Stanton." she said.

"Please to make your acquaintance." I said.

She smiled very demurely. I offered her a seat and bought her a drink...A Martini..I sat there and just stared at her.

"Well? Aint you got nothin to say?" she asked.

"I got a lot to say, but I'm just mesmerized by your beauty..I just want to sit here and just stare at you for awhile ." I said.

She sucked her teeth....

"Men!...Where you from? You don't look or sound like a Texan." she said.

"I'm not..I'm from Monroe,Louisiana...I'm here workin wit Jack." I said.

"Oh the card game upstairs?" she said.

"You know about that?" I said.

"Yeah...I know a guy who plays in the game..and judgin from how you dressed..you don't buy
clothes like that tendin bar....I figured you was a playa." she said.

We sat there and drank and talked the rest of the evening and I told her my life story. I remember Jack tappin me on the shoulder and pulling me to the side.

"Hey Willie..a word of advice...I know you, I know what you're thinkin....don't even get your hopes up...She runs with a guy who plays in my game named Burt..Burt Curley....He right upstairs..You don't want his kind of trouble." he said.

"He married to her?" I asked.

"Nah, but he like her." said Jack.

"So, they aint married and they aint even a couple?" I asked

"Nah,but he been tryin to get at her..Been tryin hard." said Jack.

"Sheeeeet...He aint tried hard enough....get out of my way Jack." I said.

"Alright player, I'm just givin a word to the wise...but oh..I forgot who I was talkin to..."
said Jack as I returned to my table.

Within an hour...Thelma Louise and I had left the Liberty Bell, walking hand and hand and had
got in my car and driven to a motel, right outside of town.

I wasted no time getting her out of that dress... and throwing her up against the wall....She looked at my now massive erection and gasped...

"Oh my lawd willie, i'll bet that's some sweet dick..it sho is huge...did I do that?" She laughed..

"Yes indeed." I snickered.

I laid her on the bed and entered her and began stroking furiously...This was in the days before I mastered my "technique" you might say...We were at it for close to two hours....and I was still
going strong when she said...

"Oh Willie...you've got to get up off of mama...my coochie hurts..I can't beleive you haven't come
yet baby." she laughed...She guided me over to the sink and took a wash rag, ran some warm water on it and wiped my still hard and very erect penis down....Then she took me in her mouth
and moved up and down over every inch of me until I exploded with a passion , I had never felt
before in my life.....

"Oh Willie, you got a sweet dick...I knew you would have one..ohhhhhh Willie..I think I'm in love with you." she said...

The next day she must have told several women about her experience with me because when I enetered the bar, several women walked past me, smiled and said-

"ummmm, hmmmm, sweet dick willie huh?"

'Yesss lawd....Sweet Dick Jenkins..."

Even Jack got into the act-

"Ohhh Sweet Dick?" he laughed....

The nickname stuck...From then on, I was Willie "Sweet Dick" Jenkins...and I've carried the nickname ever since.

One guy who wasn't so pleased with me or my nickname was Burt Curley.. He too had heard that I had bedded Thelma Louise and he come lookin for me.

Well, not exactly...He waited until I walked out of the bar and he sucker punched me in the stomach...It hurt like hell and I fell to my knees..Then he kicked me in the face and damn near knocked me back through the door..

"Alright Louisiana...this is a warnin...stay away from Thelma Louise....ya hear?" he said.

I lay on the ground in pain....I was attempting to get up...I looked at him and said...

"You finished wit your speech hayseed? If so , can I hit you back?" I laughed...

He kicked me in my chest and then punched me in my jaw....I grabbed his leg and flipped him
over into the street..When he got up ,I hit him hard in his jaw and spun him around..then I hit him in his stomach,just as hard as he had hit me...I hit him in his face two more times and then caught him flush on his chin...

Burt Curley hit the ground and did not get back up....I had stretched him out!

I was standing , but I was in pain....My face was bleeding.... A crowd had gathered outside...Jack
was shaking his head...

"I told you to leave that gal alone Willie...Now you done gone and beat ut Burt Curley...He aint
gon take this lyin down....and he got a brother that he run with...named Ernest Curley..He's half
crazy....When he find out you beat up his brother..he gon be lookin for you...No gal is worth all that Willie." said Jack.

"He hit me first." was all I could say.

That night...Thelma Louise tending to my wounds in that same motel room and I tended to that body of hers...

"Ohhhhhhh myyy gawdddd...ohhhhh my goodness gracious....I aint never had no man that could
last as long as you, was as long as you...and could make my toes curl like you do...I aint lettin you go sweet dick...you gotta marry me...." she said.

"You serious girl?" I laughed...

"Hell yeah I am." she laughed...

So just like that...We got in my car and drove halfway across the country to Las Vegas....yes we
did...Didn't say a word to Jack or nobody ,drove from Texas to Nevada and got married.. I know
it was crazy....but that was what we did...We didn't even know each other..We were just two young and horny Black kids...

These would be the best days of our lives....Unfortunately..Burt Curley wasn't through with either one of us yet!

(To Be Continued....)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh this is getting good. Can't wait for the next installment.