Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mirror


I
have to look in the mirror
and ask myself honestly
if when I look in the mirror
do I really like the person I see?
And after all of this time am I really
the human being I started out to be..
I have to look in the mirror./


I
watch you sleeping next to me
I watch you sleeping so peacefully
and as the sunrise hearlds a brand new day
I look in the mirror,waiting for it to say
who am I...Who am I today?/


But the mirror can't tell me
it can only show me
the man I've come to be-
the mirror can't change me,
nor re-arrange my destiny...
no, it can't answer questions for me./


Yet
I watch you sleeping next to me
sleeping so peacefully
and as the sunrise heralds a brand new day
I look for that mirror hoping it will say
this is who you are...
This is where you are today./


I look for that face in the mirror
and whether I accept it or not..
Life is a question of whether I
I'll continue to grow or not...
and long story short...
that face in the mirror is all I've got.../


The mirror can't tell me
it can only show me
the man that I've come to be..
it can't show me my future
or replay my history...
it can only show me , me..../

1 comment:

Ms. Noire Chatte said...

sometimes looking in the mirror is the hardest thing to do. Its hard to accept the fact that who we are isn't who want to be.

Just recently have I enjoyed looking in the mirror. The reflection is a new one but its a true one