Thursday, December 3, 2009

Trust Me (This is Love)


My attention span starts to wander
daydreaming about you
and at times I find my adrenalin over loading..
now what am I to do?/

I've had this feeling before
so many knocks on the wrong door
So I asked my heart to be my guide
and my heart pulled me to the side../

My Heart said
"trust me, this is love"
This time it's love
This is the woman you've been dreaming of..
This time it's real...
and although you've been down a wrong path
a time or two..
Trust me when I tell you that she's the one for you...
This time she's real../

You seem grounded in reality
I don't blame you for being a little wary of a guy
like me..
I know that you've been around the block
maybe a time or two..
Not easily fooled by everything a guy says to you../

There is a look in your eye that asks what's the deal?
you want to know if I'm just playin
or if I'm in fact for real..
Consult your heart and I hope it helps you to see
that this time the right man for you....
is the one in front of you ,for you to see.../

I hope your heart says
"trust me this is love
this guy is for real...
this is the guy you've been dreaming of...
trust how you feel...
and although you've made a few missteps down love's
road before...
try this one this time...try this once more...
Trust me....This is love..../

My heart is telling me...

"trust me, this is love"
This time it's love
This is the woman you've been dreaming of..
This time it's real...
and although you've been down a wrong path
a time or two..
Trust me when I tell you that she's the one for you...
This time she's real../

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

That photo has got me tossing my panties at the rafters!

Nice poem too! -:)

Anonymous II said...

I knew some hot drawers would be flying

Toni said...

Nice Poem Keith!

Angie B. said...

I dug that poem!

Sunflower said...

Always nice to read some poetry after the mayhem of some of your stories!

Brenda said...

@anonymous II _Who said they were hot panties? she just said as she usually does that she was tossing them.

Tate2 said...

All this talk about hot drawers and cold ones is making me hot!
lololol

Vanessa said...

I think all of yall are big freaks!
Great Poem Keith

Lisa said...

I dug this!

Halo said...

Great Poem Keith. Write more!

Cheryl said...

What are all of you guys, Twelve??
It was just a loving photo that goes with the poem..My goodness!

Jazzy said...

Nice Poem Family!

Swaggie said...

Nice!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Go head playa ..I see you definitely have found your romantic side!-lololol.

Captain Jack said...

Lovely!

Sean said...

Amazing how you can grind out product like this! Keep up the good work.

Simon Bastion said...

Very Romantic Poem..Good Job!

James Perkins said...

Great job as usual. I'd like to see more poetry.