Saturday, December 19, 2009

Cover Yourself


One thing I had learned from Clinton Porter was to always have information on your man (or woman) and all of the people he or she had around them....Always stay a step ahead of your opponent. I trusted him to know all of my legitimate associates.....but I had some associates who were not so legit that I knew he didn't know about.


I had a whole day to plan before I decided to meet him. I did some snooping myself. From his parole officer and a contact in public records who owed me a favor..I found out that he was listed as living at two seperate addresses. If I knew right..One was a dummy address and the other was where he actually laid his head.


He knew me on sight...So I hired "Peeping Tom Constanoble and Lockpick Johnson" To check out his adresses. I called my friends, Chess and Chris and asked them if Fathead Newton had any guys who could do a scope of the addresses for me. He did..and since they had no link to me whatsoever....They were able to locate just where he was actually living in no time. They watched the place like a hawk and called Peeping Tom and Lockpick Johnson when he left. They broke into his place and wired it for sound and video..and then quietly left....He was watching me and I was watching him.


I sat in an unmarked van with Sean Jackson and Clerow....Sean snapped photos of him at my old apartment complex talking to Mrs. Meadows and Denise. If I knew right ,he was offering them money to testify against me or help him blackmail me....Hmmm, he hadn't changed a bit.


"I don't know if we'll get a lot on this guy Kevin...He's hardly ever at home." said Sean Jackson.


"Yeah, He's too slick to talk on his home phone...He'll most likely use a cell...." I thought, then I came up with another idea...We watched Denise's apartment and when she and her mother were out..Lockpick and Peeping Tom went in and wired their apartment. We could now listen to any conversation had in their apartment with him...Still we had to find a way to get his cell phone and clone it...That was the key to getting to him...but I was running out of time.


I'm sure he had operatives out looking for me too...It was almost time to meet with him. Another thing he taught me, was to "cover yourself" . I told my wife Sepia the entire story about me and Denise and Porter and Deadwyler.....I asked her to come to Josie's with me.

Peeping Tom was in a van outside my house... I walked up to the van..He pulled down the window.


''Evening Mr. Morris... We are bein watched, so just be cool" said the cool Italian man.


"He just read the riot act to that gentelmen across the street in the jeff cap and another guy at the end of the block, who is lighting a cigarette. They were supposed to be sitting on you and telling him your every move and they said they lost you at around 10:30..He was mad as hell.. it's on the tape." said Tom


"Good work....Okay Tom..keep me posted, just ease out of here." I said non-chalantly.


''Be Easy my friend." he laughed as he pulled off. I smiled.


Sepia and I got in my car and pulled off.....Two cars pulled off behind us...I continued to smile...

A car was behind them and at the corner of the next block..a car crashed right into one of their cars..


An "angry" Clerow got out and began raising hell....The two guys got out of their car,Only to see the imposing figure of Cock Robbins staring at them....and Donald "Smooth" thrown in for good measure in case things got rough. We continued to drive down the street....I had lost his two guys again....I was pretty sure that they would be out of jobs by morning...Porter didn't suffer fools lightly.


We walked into Josie's and sat at a small table. I ordered drinks for us. I saw a tall slender man with a touch of gray walk in , say a few words to Gus at the bar. Gus pointed to us at our table. The man looked surprised, but he walked over to me anyway.


"I told you to come alone." he said.


"Clinton....Clinton...what can I say...She loves me, I don't leave home without her, she's like American Express." I said.


"Still got that smart mouth huh? Do you think she'd love you if she knew what I know?" he sneered.


" Yeah,I think so." I said.


'You do ,do you?" he said.


"I'm positive." I said


"You told her didn't you?" He said.


"Yeah, it was before we met...what was to hide?" I said.


"Well, she is not my prime concern...The police might not be as forgiving...especially if her mother swears out a complaint." He said.


"Well ,you can try that angle if you like...but I beleive, Denise is what? Thirty seven years old now? Unemployed, a suspected stripper, who still lives with her alcoholic mother......That was years ago....A cop told me that the statute of limitations ran out on that.....So you can try that if you want to Clinton." I said.


"You covered yourself well....I see you learned from me, didn't you?" he laughed.


"Yeah...and you're boring me Clinton...it's over okay....you got nothin...you're a dinosaur....you've been locked up too long...the world has passed you by." I said.


"Yeah ,don't be so sure smart guy." he said as he stormed out of Josie's and into the night. "It was never about the statutory rape charge my friend...it goes deeper than that." he sneered as he walked out of Josie's.


Sepia looked at me and Gus walked over to the table we were sitting at-


'What's Up with him Kevin, he looked crazy?" asked Gus.


"You beat himKevin, you outsmarted him..." said Sepia...


"No..I didn't....I just realized, I was just playing into his hands..." I said.


"What do you mean?" asked Sepia as Gus stared at me.


"He's a smart guy..he didn't come here to blackmail me for a years old statutory rape case...Heknew he couldn't embarrass me or get me locked up for that....He wouldn't play his ace..No he's got something bigger planned.."I said.


"There is nothing else." said Sepia.


"Yeah , it is...somebody's gonna have to die....." I said.
Epilouge-
"Hello"
"Hello, Curt?"
"Yes, who is this?"
"Clinton Porter....Remember that little job I wanted you to do?"
"Yeah, what about it?"
"Well, it's time to take care of it....I gave you two addresses...Stop by one and
pick up the hardware and an envelope with the address and half of your pay.
when the job is done....Call me and just say.....Completed..Then I'll contact you
and let you know where you can pick up the rest of your money."
"Okay, cool....I got the glass and the dummy pistol with his fingerprints on it.
I've fired it twice and it looks exactly like the one I'm gonna ...."
"Heyy...Hey...Not on the phone ...I told you the plan...you don't have to tell it
to me...just make it happen.."

(Conclusion Next)

No comments: