Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Come Across


The More I thought about the situation, the more I felt as though there was something that just didn't make sense. I was glad and releived to know that Reed Nelson was alive somewhere....but here in was the problem...Why was he still alive? Most players like Fathead and Eddie Manga would have just had him hit and have been done with it ,if it was just a matter of dis-respect. Most playas would not have clipped a guy just over some woman..especially a "civilian" like Reed...someone , "not in the game." So if he was alive somewhere there had to be a reason.

It wasn't money...Reed paid his debts....It had to start with the woman and that woman had to be Debbie. I enlisted Gus's guys...Eddie and Albert and my friend, Big Nasty to sit on Manga's people. They weren't playas, so Mangas guys had no reason to suspect them. They all had rental cars and to the naked eye..they just resembled normal citizens. Peeping Tom and Lockpick Johnson had not only bugged his office and his gym, but had a device that was picking up his cell phone calls.... There was coded language on the calls about a "safehouse" and "the guy"...but nothing that gave me any indication as to just where Reed was being held.

Lockpick Johnson had installed a GPS device on Eddie Manga's car and on the Black Jeep Cherokee that his boys rode around in.....but so far, no one had gone near anyplace where Reed might be being held.

Clerow and I followed Eddie Manga around most of the next day.....Finnally, we stopped in a very familiar place...Debbie's house. What was he doing here? I mused...as if my suspicions hadn't been correct.

We sat and watched...We hadn't bugged Debbie's house...but we didn't need to...Eddie and one of his thugs brought her out of her house and shoved her into his car and pulled off.

"Let's get him boss" said Clerow....cocking his pistol.

"Chill out killer." I said.."Let's see where he takes her." I said and we followed them.

Eddie and his thug dragged her into the gym.....And now we indeed could hear the conversation...

"You cheap trick....why didn't you tell your boy about us?" screamed Eddie Manga.

"Us? There wasn't no us.....That was a one night thing..." said Debbie.

"Apparently, you didn't tell him about what you used to do before you got so high fallutin.....eh? You a business woman now...Got you a fancy Bachelors degree, Got you a MBA huh?.....Dressin like a million bucks...Rollin in dough..livin in a fancy crib...dating a musician...Nobody knows that you financed part of your college education layin on your back, staring at the ceiling huh?" he snapped.

"That was the past...." she said...

"It wasn't that long ago sista gurl.... I took you away from that...I paid for your grad school ,I got you set up....and then you got to smellin yourself..left old Eddie behind....Like I wasn't gonna find you huh?" he said.

"What have you done with Reed?" she said.

"He's alive....For the moment....." said Eddie Manga.

"Look, I gave you what you wanted...I slept with you...now release Reed and let me go about my business." she pleaded.

"See...I was gonna do that, just rough him up a bit and toss his ass back in the water, but you hired some gumshoe to try and circumvent what I was doing....
Yeah...I went to community college for a minute...I know some big words too...
yeah.....Some dude come in here...beat my guys up...roughed me up and now done got two of my main dudes locked up......So the game done changed.....Your
boy is as good as gone soon and you gone come across baby and be my lady or else the whole world gone know what little Debbie used to do for a living." he snapped.

"Please...Please don't hurt Reed...I'll do whatever you want..." she said.

"You gone do whatever I want anyway trick....now get out of here..and tell your boy Kevin , aint that his name? that my guys are still huntin him and when they find him..he's as dead as Reed Nelson is gonna be." snapped Eddie Manga.
"You're pure evil" she snapped..
"Aint it the truth babe,heheheheheheheheh." he laughed.

I had heard enough...just then...my Blackberry went off.....It was Big Nasty.

"Hi ya handsome...We found the trumpet player...He's being held in a house in
West Oak Lane...We outside the house now...It looks like at least three guys are in the house with him... it might be more" she said.

"Good Work..don't do anything....Clerow and I are on our way..let me write down that address." I said.

Clerow looked at me and smiled.....I gave him a high five.....I had to make another stop, then we were gonna close this case.

An hour later...Sepia ,Clerow and I sat outside of the house...a free standing house at the corner of the block... Eddie and Albert were in the back with shotguns ready..Clerow and Big Nasty were in the bushes with guns drawn...

"Dag Kevin...I look like a hooker in this dress and with these heels." she said...

"I'm sorry baby...but it's the only way we can attract those guys and get them off guard...oh and by the way...you have got to wear this around the house for me." I laughed.

"Not on your life." she snapped, then laughed.

Sepia walked to the door and rang the bell. A tall man about 29 came to the door..

"Whoaaa mama...what's good baby?" he said ,smiling from ear to ear....

"Is Rudolfo here?" said Sepia....

"Nah,aint no Rudolfo here, but I'll be Rudolfo or whoever you want me to be...heh,heh,heh..damn baby, you got a body on you..." he laughed.....

"Yeah..well, what you is now is our prisoner." said Big Nasty as she put a sawed off shotgun to his stomach.

"Hey ,what's goin on out there? Who you talkin to?" said another guy who came to the door...Clerow put his .45 to the back of the guy's neck and then I walked up on the porch. We brought both guys out and tied them up..

"How many others are in there...talk to me quick..I'm not here to play." I said.

"Four...Four others" said the one.

"Hey man, shut up.." said the other one.

Eddie and Albert broke in the back door and easily subdued the other four....I
walked in and found Reed Nelson...blindfolded and tied up...but otherwise..okay.

"Kev?? Oh man...am I glad to see you...." he said...

"I'm glad to see you too buddy...breathing and alive..."I laughed...

I called the police and they came and rounded up the thugs we had subdued.
I returned Reed to his home. Even though I told him to lay low...He didn't...
That night...He and his band performed in Josie's...Everybody was glad to see
him...Especially his woman, Debbie.

She came up to me during one of the sets...

"Oh Kevin...Oh God....I can't thank you enough.....but you better watch yourself...Eddie Manga is probably mad as hell right now...He already has a contract out on you...Once he finds out that Reed is free..He may come after all of us." she said.

I hugged her...

"Don't worry about me Debbie.....I've already got a plan to take care of Mister Manga." I laughed.

Tonight though..We were all just a happy family....Eating,Drinking and listening to cool jazz music in our spot, Josie's Bar.

(Conclusion Next)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I can't wait to see how this pans out.