Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Eternity Is A Long Time


They found my body !!! I had been dead about 48 hours...I imagine It smelled pretty bad at about this point...
Minay led the detectives to me...Good ole Minay!...If there was one woman who truly loved me in my brief lifetime it was Minay....Like me, she was Bi-Racial...The product of a Black Father and a white mother. We met in France..  After a brief courtship...We moved in together...We kept breaking up...We were young...wild I guess...She cheated on me once...We got back together ,I cheated on her (several times),She went to work for a record company in London...We were engaged to be married.....but once again...we broke up....I moved back to Paris....Then I got the call from Meek Rollins and Bone Hampton and I was off to my childhood summer home of Philadelphia.





Philadelphia had changed since I'd spent the summer with my maternal grandparents...They were both now dead..I hadn't been here since I was 17...I was 36 now...It seemed as if it had gotten a lot more dangerous than before...

There was a good looking Black female Detective in the room, along with two white male homicide detectives.. She had long auburn hair and a knockout figure....She was every bit as shapely as the woman named Valerie I had had sex with at Rollie Rollerson's party the week before..or was it two weeks? Time no longer matters when you're dead..Eternity is a long time!

"What have we got Nick?" asked the Black female detective...Apparently she was in charge...Her name was  Lt.Sissy Van Buren...Van Buren was a strange name for a Black woman....She didn't look bi-racial.

"He's been stabbed ...Three times Lieutenant....Once in the abdomen, once in the chest and once in the neck." said one detective.

"We can't find a murder weapon...we've been over the place with a fine tooth comb... We've sent all the utensils in the house to the lab boys...to see if they can find prints, DNA, anything." he said.

"There's a trail of blood that leads to the steps and down the street to the corner." said Lt. Sissy Van Foxy, I mean Van Buren....It's a shame I'd never get to sample some of that.

"Yeah we saw...but the funny thing Lieu is this...The door was locked and the victim was inside on the floor here when we got here." said one detective.

"What? Locked from inside?? You think he got stabbed and put here?" she asked.

"No...We found the house keys on the kitchen table...Looks like he let himself in, unless the killer had a set of keys." said the detective.

"How did you guys get in?" she asked.

"The skirt over there talkin to the patrolman had a set of keys..She let us in...She's the one who has been calling the police saying that he was missing..Saying that someone should come over here.  Says she was his fiance at one time." said the other detective...


Poor Minay..She was crying her eyes out, in between screaming sobs...More people gathered by the door,
Bone Hampton, Meek Rollins, Reed Nelson, Debbie, his girlfriend, Downtown Rob Brown, Delores, his girlfriend, Gus, the bartender at Josies..., Ingrid Rhodes, the singer I had recently met...I had tried (unsucessfully) to get in her pants too...I keep thinking that with a little more time...I might have succeeded..

The police were interviewing all of them...They didn't know anything...Nothing that could help them catch my killer...but they did know my name, Hugh Benet and my occupation, sound engineer and my age, 36...Then again, the Police knew that much from my drivers license and passport, which they found on me...

Minay Roberts went into detail about our relationship and how we had been talking about possibly getting back together just a month ago (actually...she had been talking about us getting back together)...but it was not to be...I wasn't the right guy for her...With me dead now..She's free to find the right guy for her...She's got her whole life ahead of her...and me...I've got eternity!




(To Be Continued...)

2 comments:

Halo said...

That poor girl...In love with such a lout! Sorry he was murdered, but he's no real man for her. Good Story so far Keith!

Tate 2 said...

Eternity is a long time...Great story,great title.