Saturday, September 10, 2011

Northern Lights



My funeral.......It's so weird watching it.....My Father is so distraught....My Mother!!! So out of it...It's the first time these two have been together in the same place in years....My Mother and her new husband , A Black man this time...and my Dad and his latest girlfriend..also Black....Interesting...those two!

Valerie is there!  Wow! I was only with her once!  Just that one night and I made that much of an impression...

Millie was there...The very last person I had sex with....and she was at my funeral...I am touched beyond words....

Gypsy.....Oh Gypsy....she was there and sobbing uncontrollably...Probably the most out of everyone...Like Valerie , it had only been one night!!

And Minay...my lovely Minay, the love of my life I suppose...She sat in a corner of the funeral home and cried for what might have been....but what probably was better that it hadn't been...She'd understand that one day...There is a bright future ahead for her!!

Gus ,from Josie's was there, as was Dollar Bill, Ralph Scallion, Chris Thompson,Chess, his wife, Rell, Donald Smooth , Bone Hampton, Meek Rollins, Reed Nelson, Debbie, Downtown Rob Brown, Delores, Mabel Jenkins, Clerow, Corabeth, Anita Jenkins, Victoria and Deacon Larry Weatherford , Symphony Sam,Chance Howard, Paris,Blake, Cherish....They were all there, dressed to the nines....






I felt bad for them...They had no idea that actually I was just fine...In a sense, better than them...No worries, No cares, No pain....For me, the rat race was over....I still seethed that the Police still had no clue as to who had ended my life....I wanted that last piece of business taken care of before I actually departed...

Oh yeah....I'm not going to hang around here for all eternity....I've been here done that...There is something beckoning me that I must go to...I'm sure when you guys meet your end...you'll be able to share the same experience...

Kool Kat and his girlfriend, Chelsea entered the funeral home...Man that guy can dress...He had a beautiful dark, Italian cut tailor made suit on and a Black Homburg hat...He was wearing Dark Aviator shades and had on Black wing tops...The man could dress.. I could tell by the way he carried himself that he didn't take fools lightly and that he wasn't one to mess with...The short time I'd known "Kools" as his closest friends called him, I had liked him.

As they wheeled my casket out of the Funeral home to the hearse, Kool Kat approached Clerow...Who I had only met in passing just once and spoke to him.

"Man Cle...This is messed up...Man gets all cut up and his block which has a crime stopper camera can't find nothin..." he said.

"I know man...It don't make sense...and the cops can't find the murder weapon." said Clerow.

"The more I think about it..the more I feel like callin Kevin in on this." he said.

''Yeah...this is right up ole Kev's alley..Thing is..I hate top bother Kev...He's been so laid back and relaxed lately..Him and Sepia....They been away on two mini-vacations...and they been goin to work and been lookin so happy and all." said Clerow.

"Bet he's bored right about now...and would be lookin to shake things up on the streets a little bit." said Kool Kat.

"Ya think" laughed Clerow with a toothy grin...

II-

Sometime later, Minay had come from my burial and had skipped going to the repast, which was held at Mabel Jenkins soul food joint...She instead sat on the steps of the church crying her eyes out... Three Black men approached her...One was Pastor John Struthers, who I didn't know...the other was Deacon Basil Robinson, a former playa who had found the lord...The third man was Deacon Larry Weatherford.



''Thought I'd find you here...Why don't you come with us and get you somethin to eat little lady?" said Deacon
Weatherford.

"I'm sorry guys...I just don't feel like eating...I'm just too upset at Hugh being dead ...It's just so unfair." she moaned.

"Life often is unfair." said Basil Robinson...

"Look here....I know a guy...He helps folks...Folks that sometimes needs to go beyond the police...His name is Kevin...Kevin Morris.....If you like ,I can get him to see if he can dig up Hugh's killer." said Pastor John Struthers..

"You think he could get to the bottom of this?" she asked.

"He's cracked some seemingly dead end cases....That's what he does." said Struthers.

"Is he a cop?" she asked.

''Nooooo, he's a private investigator." he said.

"I don't have any money." she said.

"He's a friend....you let me worry about any fees...But even if he does solve this...What are you gonna do with your life?  Baby..you got to live for you...for now....Hugh's life is over....You've got to find some kind of peace somewhere and let him go..." said Pastor Struthers...

Minay began to cry...

"But I can't let him go....I loved him so much........" she wailed...

Basil took her into his arms and rocked her...

"It's going to be alright...come on baby..Come on with us and get some of this good food...It's gonna be alright." he said.

She got up and the three of them walked toward Mabel's Soul Food Joint...

I'm gonna miss her good cooking....I'm going to miss Minay, Going to miss it all, but like I said...It's time...Time for me to go....I see my Grand parents and all of my uncles and aunts and a few of my friends who have passed on before...They all look so young, so vibrant, so good...They're calling me...They're beckoning me into a bright light.....I have to go toward it.....


This Kevin guy....I never met him....I wish I had...but if anyone can get to the bottom of my murder...He can!!
I'm straight....I walk towards the light.....I feel so warm, so good, so comfortable....so welcome, so at peace.....wow....nothing in life ever felt this good....This is great man...wow is all I can say.....into the light!




For SLC!

2 comments:

SLC said...

Nice touch with the vid.
Although his life is concluded, i hope there is more to the story.
Thanks,

SLC

Keith said...

SLC-There is !