Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Mysterious Death of Hugh Benet'



My name is Hugh Benet' ... I am new to Philadelphia.  Well Kind of sort of....My mother was a Philadelphia native...She was born and raised here....She studied Art History at Howard University and then took a sojourn to France... That's where she worked and studied and met and fell in love with my dad...Francois Benet'.

I guess I should mention that my mom was an African-American and my Dad was a white French born citizen. They fell in love and they married..  36 years ago.  1 year after they were married...I was born.  I was born in New York City of all places...My parents had moved from France to New York...I grew up and attended New York public schools in Queens...I spent summers here in Philly at my grandparents house...Finally...I wound up attending St. Johns University.. By the time I graduated my parents had unfortunately busted up...Even in these days and times...an inter-racial marriage was a hard thing to maintain in
so called "post racial America"

I'm bi-racial...but I've always mostly identified with the Blacks...Partly because I had no choice.I was always treated as though I was Black...by both Blacks and Whites.  I went to Paris and lived with my dad for awhile.. Then I lived and worked in London. I'm a Sound Engineer.

A Philadelphia musician/studio owner named Bone Hampton offered me a job on a recomendation of Producer, Meek Rollins and Jazz trumpeter , Reed Nelson at his new recording studio in Philadelphia and I accepted it and came to Philly from London and took the job...I recorded ,Reed Nelson, "88", Ingrid Rhodes,Downtown Rob Brown, Symphony Sam and all the hip Philly musicians.. I hung out with these guys at this spot called Josie's...and at Bottom of the Sea, The Mermaid Club and Mulberry Street.. Ate the great cooking of Ralph Scallion and Miz Mabel Jenkins and her fine sisters....Even gambled a little bit at Chess and Chris Thompson's floating crap game...I loved it here...and the women!!! Man oh man oh man...That's what I'll miss the most...I was getting laid practically every other day here...

Yeah...I'll miss that the most...sex... I guess I should tell you right now...that I'm dead...That I've been dead about ...oh 24 hours your time....I'm lying in a pool of blood in my kitchen in the house I rented only a few weeks ago...I was stabbed three times....I was 36 years old!

When you're dead..let me tell you....Human time means nothing....It's been about 24 hours your time..To me, it feels like only a few minutes ago...really..Time doesn't exist where I am... My android phone has been ringing off the hook...Bone Hampton, Reed Nelson, Rob Brown...Gus, the bartender at Josie's..my favorite spot...Never knew he cared...Always seemed like a grouch to me..Ya never know until you're dead...





II-

Somebody will find me eventually...Hopefully they'll find my killer....I keep wondering what I did to drive my killer to stab me outside my house three times after I left the bar...Guess it all goes back about three weeks ago at that party I was at.

Mr. Rollie Rollerson...A very wealthy black man was having a pre-engagement party at his home. He hired Downtown Rob Brown and his band to perform....Live.  Rob asked me and three other guys to work the mikes and the sound for his performance..It was extra money, so of course I readily agreed...
There was a very sexy woman there...Well actually...many very sexy women....This one in particular was with a guy....He was very much into the music...He left her and was sitting up front listening to Downtown Rob Brown and his quintet getting down....At first I thought it was my imagination...but I caught her giving me the eye...I tried to look away...but I kept turning around and she kept smiling at me...Finally, I winked at her and she winked at me...It was on!

After Rob's set...It seemed more people crowded into the huge ballroom....I poured myself a drink...The woman, who was very shapely and wearing a very tight purple dress that seemed to hug every voluptuous curve walked over to me....and smiled again...I smiled at her and poured her a drink.

"How do you know if that's what I want?" she asked playfully.

"I don't...I'm just assuming." I said.

''Sometimes it's good to assume." she laughed and took the drink.

"My name's Hugh..Hugh Benet' " I said.

''You mixed with something?" she asked.

"I'm part Black, part French." I said.

"Guess you get asked that all the time." she said.

"Well yeah...but it's usually not a conversation starter." I laughed and continued to drink. She ran her hands slowly down the side of my pants...then even slower up the front...before she hit paydirt , I removed her hand and smiled.

"Aren't you here with someone?" I laughed.

"Am I?  I was driven here by someone....You seen him?" she smirked.

''Why no I haven't." I said with a sly grin...

"I suppose I could drive you home if you like." I said.

"There's a lot I suppose you could do......and uh, driving me home isn't even close." she said with a wink and began walking up the stairs to the coat room..

III-



It just occured to me that I didn't even know this woman's name and here I was following her upstairs into the huge coat room.  It was actually a huge bedroom where all of the coats of Rollerson's guests were...

I stood up, walked over to the bedroom or coat room, whatever you want to call it door. And after making sure that no one was outside, I closed the door behind us, and locked it.

I walked back over to the bed, where this sexy woman was now lying down. As I knelt above her, she looked up at me, and I saw the first hint of vulnerability in her eyes. Her confident, almost cocky demeanor had melted away, and all that remained was this beautiful, submissive creature waiting for me to do whatever I pleased with her and boy was I willing and able.

I reached down and slowly parted her knees. Her legs felt like satin, as I ran my hands up and down her thighs, pushing her tight purple dress up to just below her waist. As she raised her hips, inching her dress up further, I could see the tiniest hint of pubic hair through her black lace panties.

“This is going to feel really really good…but we gotta be quiet ,don’t make a sound” I said, forcefully. She nodded, and smiled. "This is making me more excited..just knowing we might get caught." she said. I kissed the insides of her thighs, slowly making my way to her beautiful moist vagina.

I pulled her panties to the side, and with my tongue, took one long stroke, parting her lips. Then another. From side to side, I licked, and teased her, until I could feel her silently begging me to put my tongue inside her.

"Ohhhhh put it in...put it in....stop playing...ohhhhhhhhhhhh." she moaned

I parted her lips with my fingers, and gently darted my tongue in and out of her. At this point, she reached up and grabbed a pillow and buried her face in it.

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, good GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!.." she screamed as I shussed her.

I felt her moans reverberate throughout her body, as I pressed my mouth firmly against her. As her torso began to stiffen, and her thighs tightened around my head, I could tell she was about to come. I pushed her legs back, and tongued her clitoris, coaxing her into a writhing orgasm.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...OUUUU." she moaned with pleasure.

As she lay breathless on the bed, I unzipped my pants. My penis had been hard from the second I sat on the bed with her.Hell , from the second I laid eyes on her downstairs.. I quickly fumbled for my wallet, grabbed a condom that luckily I had stashed in there from just a few days before.


“Turn over,” I commanded. “I want to see that sweet brown bottom of yours.”I said.

"Ouuuuu, I love it when you talk to me like that." she cooed.

She rolled over on her stomach, and arched her butt up in the air. It was as beautiful as I’d imagined, soft and smooth, ready and waiting. I pressed the head of my pulsing penis into her dripping wet moistness, then pulled out again.

I entered her several more times like this, until I could feel her pushing harder and harder against me. I grabbed her hips, and pushed all the way into her. She gasped, as she jerked forward for a moment, then braced herself before thrusting her bottom back against my bulging penis.

I watched, as each thrust sent waves rippling up her cheeks like waves breaking on the shore. As our skin slapped loudly against each other’s, and the fact that there were people a couple of rooms away was now more of a turn-on than a distraction.


She obviously felt the same, as her moans gradually became louder and louder. I grabbed her hair from behind, and pushed her head into the pillow. Her arms reached for the headboard and gripped it tightly as her body contracted in orgasmic release.

Feeling myself about to explode at any minute, I thrust harder and harder into her welcoming flesh. I felt the condom expanding as I exploded into it. The orgasm felt like it lasted several minutes, even though it was just seconds. I collapsed on top of her, kissing the nape of her neck.

“Whoooooeeee.” she said breathlessly. "I wasn’t expecting this kind of a party!” We both laughed.

''What is your name by the way?" I asked... We both laughed...

"It's Valarie...Valarie Brown." she said.

She gazed up at me, taking a more serious tone. “Well…I guess you don’t have to go to sleep sexually frustrated tonight.”

"What makes you think I ever go to bed sexually frustrated?" I laughed.

"You're a sound engineer...It's not like you're the bass player or the drummer " she said and then busted out laughing.

“ Well , you got a point, but I get mine. And yeah…something tells me I'll have sweet dreams tonight," I said, with a smile.

"I will too." she said. She pulled her panties up..straightened her hair up the best she could and then said-

"Let me leave first and then you follow about five or ten minutes later so it doesn't look suspicious." she said.

"Yeah, that's a good idea.' I said.

IV-

The reason why I bring that up is because even though I never saw Valerie again...I did see the man that was with her that night...His name was Joe.  I saw him in Josies a few nights later....He was staring at me the entire time...So much so that it was a little off putting.  Reed Nelson and Downtown Rob Brown left with me that night. I was so drunk they didn't trust me to drive the short way home, so they drove me.

I saw him again two nights after that at Mulberry Street, the outdoor , rooftop club that we often frequented...I was with Meek Rollins, Bone Hampton, and a big guy they introduced me to named Kool Kat.
The same guy, Joe was there too, staring at me...Again, I was as drunk as I could be.  The big guy,Kool Kat dropped me off at my home...

The third time I run into this guy Joe was at Chess and Chris Thompson's floating crap game.. I won big that night...The big guy,Kool Kat and their friend Donald Smooth drove me home...With the kind of money I was holding...Chris Thompson said I'd be a mark for anybody..I took their advice.

But on the last night of my earthly life at Josie's and at Mulberry street...There was no sign of this guy...But I ran into somebody...somebody who stabbed me three times and left me for dead in my house....They had to pay...I had a lot more living to do.



(To Be Continued...)

5 comments:

Toni said...

Interesting way to tell a story Keith~! I like this!

Brenda said...

Wow! Now this is different!

Anonymous said...

Standing and applauding and tossing my panties and bra to the rafters!

James Perkins said...

Looks like Valerie's Guy Joe was the killer..He certainly had good reason to do it!

Tate 2 said...

Damn this looks good!