Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Insults and Injuries

It is truly amazing how trouble seems to find me...Two days went by and I still hadn't heard anything from "Fish" Bates...I talked to everybody and I mean everybody who knew the man and not one person had seen or heard from him since I last had...

I stopped by his condo again, which was now a crime scene....No one had picked up his mail and his co-workers at City Hall hadn't seen or heard from him...I had no idea what he wanted to tell me or who he wanted me to get in contact with.... So with little or nothing to go on...I dropped it...I had been paid a very healthy down payment...There was no real reason for me to take this case any further...

The killer who had tried to cut me up was a young 29 year old local thug named Curtis "Kut Kut" Thomas...A guy who was known to be good with a knife...He was muscle for hire.

This is what I was explaining to my wife Sepia, one afternoon at the Oyster House where we were dining with our friends, Bridget Jones and my adopted daughter, Josie Boyd...Both the daughters of now deceased gangsters...and both, former clients of mine.

"So you're just going to drop the case? Just like that?" asked Sepia.

"Yeah...What can I do?...I have nothing to go on." I said.

"You're not going to try and find him?" asked Bridget Jones.

"Nah...I'll let the police handle that...By now I know he's been reported missing." I said.

"Gee that sure doesn't sound like you...You gettin tired of being a private eye?" asked Bridget.

"Nah...But like someone told me once...Try to duck a few punches if you can." I laughed...

"I feel you on that Kevin..." said Josie Boyd...

"Come on girls...Let's order another round of drinks." I said.

Before we could do that...Trouble walked into the door...A short, squat runt of a man named Phillip Butler walked in with four young toughs...Phillip Butler was a neighborhood hood...A sometimes "Juice Man" or Loan Shark...and also an enforcer of sorts for a price...With him was his right hand man...His younger brother, John "Lucky Johnny"Butler and three younger guys who I did not know..

They walked in like they owned the joint...Phillip stared hard at a young couple who was sitting at a table a few tables from us and they got up immediately and got another table..He and his four goons sat down...His brother ,"Lucky Johnny" Butler got up and walked over to our table....Why? Couldn't I just be out once and have a good time without having to deal with thugs?

"Good evening Ladies...Kevin? Kevin Morris is it?" he said.

"You know who I am Lucky Johnny." I said.

"Mr. Butler would like to talk to you a minute over at our table." he said.

"Can't you see I'm busy?" I said pointing at my wife , Bridget and Josie.

He smiled, then pulled his suit jacket open so I could see the nickel plated .45 he had in his waste band...Where had I seen this gun before?

"While I can appreciate your situation...How about you have a change of heart?" he said smiling.

I looked at his gun....I looked at him and then I smiled.

"Well ,since you put it that way, lead the way." I said.  I didn't want to risk any violence at a table with my wife and our two friends...

"Excuse me ladies." I said and got up and followed him.
II-

I walked over to the table....

Phillip Butler looked at me...He wasn't smiling at all..

"Sit down Morris." he said.

"Philly Butler...How long has it been?" I joked.

"Not long enough...I'm not here for your smart assed remarks...I want to know something...A guy was killed that tried to take you out a few days ago." he said.

"Yeah...What about him? You know him?" I asked.

"Nope...Don't know him and don't care to....but he, like you was in Fish Bates Condo searching for something...Apparently..He didn't find it....But I think you did." he said.

"Nah...Can't help you there...I didn't find anything..."I said.

"I think you're a liar." he spat.

"Well I'm sorry you feel that way..By the way...How is Mr. Bates...I haven't seen him around." I said.

''Still the smart aleck ....I want what it was you found." he said.

Just then Sepia walked over to the table..

"Kev...I just paid our tab...Could you take us home now?" she said.

''He's stickin around awhile sugar...You ladies might want to take a cab." said Lucky Johnny.

"It's okay Sepia...Just go back to the table...I'll be there in a minute." I said.

"Did you hear what I just said?" said Lucky Johnny..

"You need to speak when spoken to." I said and hit Johnny in his stomach...

"Oooooooummmph." he moaned and fell to the floor...Phillip Butler leaped up and I kicked him hard in his groin...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...oooooooooooooooummmph." he groaned and fell to the floor...

I grabbed a chair and broke it over the head of the third guy and then through a nice left right combonation to the face of the fourth man, knocking him to the ground....

Before the fifth man could do anything...He felt the cold steel of Sepia's .38 smokeless on the back of his head...

By now , I had mine out and had it cocked....I put the muzzle on the side of Phillip Butler's head...

"Open up...Open up your mouth!" I said... He did and I stuck the muzzle in his mouth...

"Don't move....See how easy it is? See how easy it is Philly??...Now if I pull this trigger, your brains and years of dental work will splatter all over this floor...You tell whoever you're working for that I didn't find a damn thing in that condo and that Fish Bates didn't tell me anything...You hear...You hear me??" I said.

He groaned....

"And don't you ever...EVER come anywhere I am with my wife again....or I swear I'll kill you...Now get up, take your rag tag little army and get to steppin." I said.

He and two of his goons got up..One was bleeding profusely from his head...The other was holding his jaw...Lucky Johnny was still groaning and holding his stomach...

"Go on ,Get out of here." I said.

The five of them did as they were told and I watched them drive off...

Josie and Bridget smiled....Nearly every patron in the Oyster Bar clapped....

"Wow, you two are the truth.." said Bridget...

''Sho nuff." said Josie..

I grabbed my wife and kissed her...and whispered to her..

"I can't wait to get you home." I said.

Sepia giggled like a school girl.

The girls piled into my Lexus...I made a phone call to Detective Carlotta Rodriguez..

"Hola Kevin."

"Chica...You might want to jump on this...Pick up John "Lucky Johnny" Butler..He's the killer of  Curtis "Kut-Kut" Thomas...He'll have a Nickel plated .45 on him...He was too stupid to toss the gun...Run it through ballistics and I'm sure you'll have a match." I said.

"Okay, but how do you know this?" she asked.

''Carlotta, after all this time...you want to doubt me now?" I asked.

"Okay Kevin...You're right...Me and Rico will get on it." she said.

III-
At home...Sepia and I wasted no time getting our clothes off and kissing each other right in the middle of the living room floor, completely nude...

''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh goddddddddddddd Kevin...I was sooo turned on.." she moaned..

''Soooo Was I babyyyy...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." I moaned....

I straddled Sepia across the sofa and turned her around....I entered her from behind...I began pumping strong and steady and she really began to moan then....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPHHH...OHHHHHHHOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."
" She moaned as I continued...


After about an hour, I turned her over and mounted her from the front....
entered her softly and gently and began to stroke her softly and slowly....She moaned and put her arms around my neck and drew me closer to her..She wrapped her legs around my waste and we began to move in a slow, yet deliberate rhythm for quite some time...

"Ohhhhhhhh Kevin...Ohhhh Kevin.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is soooooo gooood..."she moaned as we continued to make love....I don't know how long we lie there on the sofa like that before she turned me over and positioned herself on top of me and began going up and down , up and down.....Her hair partially blocking her face....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..:" I moaned...as she held on tightly and began moving faster and harder..
I pulled her to me and began kissing her passionately.....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lover...this is beyond goood...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she cooed..

"Yessss...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...it is..."
I moaned as we continued....

I felt like I was slowly losing my mind...as Sepia and I plunged deeper and deeper into each other...Some hours later we both came violently and lie in each others arms...sweating and trying to catch our breath...

"I love you soo much Kevin..." she said.

"I love you too babes." I said, still holding her for dear life...

IV-
Later that night...Detectives Carlotta Rodriguez -Wallace and Tyriq Pile arrested  John "Lucky Johnny" Butler and charged him with the first degree murder of Curtis "Kut-Kut" Thomas...Like I said , they found the Nickel plated .45 on him and ran it through ballistics and it checked out to be the murder weapon...
This and the fact that Detective Jimmy Barlow got a slight visual of him leaving the building right after the murder on the building's security camera gave them a slam dunk murder case.


I now knew that this was deeper than I suspected...and now...I was reopening the case...I might not have a client...but I had a curiosity and a motive to try and find out what in the hell was going on.

(TO BE CONTINUED...)

2 comments:

Swaggie said...

Booo yahhh,I love it when Kevin takes the bad guys down a notch!

Anonymous said...

Standing and Applauding and throwing my panties at the ceiling...Hottt love scene between Kevin and Sepia.