Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Mistake!

Carlotta and Tyriq sat with Dr. Inger Braden in the interrogation room...It was a lot different than with other people who sat in here...We had ordered dinner platters and coffee for the detectives and the uniformed policemen who were working with us..As well as for Dr. Braden..

"Now Dr. Braden, what exactly is going on in the Marriot this week?" asked Carlotta as the three of them drank coffee and ate their dinners...

"Thank you so much for the food detectives...My corporation....Lock 15 is having a series of top secret , high level meetings and conferences there...We are a multi-national Bio-Medical Research organization... As I'm sure you know...They took our cell phones and all of our mobile devices when we arrived...They didn't want anybody calling out or getting any messages.." she said.

"So where does Ernest Freeman come into the picture?"asked Tyriq..

"He doesn't...He has nothing to do with our corporation...He's an attorney...Well he was an attorney...I met him about a year ago at one of Rollie Rollerson's party's ...I'm sure you know who he is...Anyway, Rollie introduced us...I was seperated from my husband at the time and just starting to get back out...We danced and laughed and talked all night and we exchanged numbers and agreed to meet again...We did, six months later and had the most amazing time...Eventually, our relationship turned uh, intimate...and soon we were more than just casual friends..." she said.

"Would you say you were friends with the benefits?" asked Carlotta.

I saw Tyriq smile slightly and hold his head down...I smiled myself....My wife was something else...

''Oh definitely...We were in love..We were planning to get married as soon as my divorce was finalized.." she said.

"Was your husband aware of You and Ernie?" asked Tyriq...

"I don't think so..." she said.

"Where is your husband now?" asked Carlotta.

"He's in London...He is a UN Ambassador." she said.

II-

Meanwhile Jimmy and Duke were in our communications room with two policemen looking at video footage of everyone who entered and exited the hotel...and in particular the 14th,15th and 16th floors ....



"Jimmy. Top and Rico and several uniforms checked out every single guest in the hotel this past weekend up until today thoroughly..." said Duke.

"Yeah...and I checked out the entire staff...but as we found out in the Chemical Ali case...There is always somebody that slips by that we don't quite catch." said Jimmy...

They continued looking...

''Okay, right there...There is Dr. Braden meeting with Ernest Freeman at the lobby...Look at the time..It's 10:08 pm..." said Duke.

"Yeah and I'm guessin old boy didn't come there for casual conversation...He's wearing a running suit and Nikes and he's got his tooth brush..." said Jimmy..

"Uh Huh..So they get on the elevator and they go up to the room.....They're kissing in the hallway right there and in the doorway of her room and then they close the door.." said Duke..

Just then a police officer who was helping them called their attention to something.."

"Detectives , take a look at this..."he said.

Duke and Jimmy joined him.....

''Look there is no activity on that floor until 4:00 am.." he said.

"Oh I'll bet there was activity....you just couldn't see it." joked Jimmy...

"Shut upppp." laughed Duke shaking his head....

"No, but look!!...Room Service..." said the policeman...

A short petite young Latina woman with a pony tail was delivering food...

Duke checked the record of phone calls made from the rooms occupied by Lock 15 employees...

"Bingo...somebody called for a late night snack... A Cheeseburger with Mayo,Lettuce, Tomatoes,Catsup and pickles and a Vanilla Milk Shake." he said. "Call came from Dr. Braden's room.

"This woman...She's not amongst the staff people that Carlotta,Rico or I interviewed....How about you guys?" asked Jimmy....

The several uniformed police officers who were working with them looked at the photos of staff members and then the still photo of the person delivering the food and all shook their heads..No one remembered her..

"Freeze that Photo... Go get Carlotta." said Jimmy.

Duke got Carlotta and brought her into the room...

''Top did you or Rico interview her when you were interviewing the staff ?" asked Duke.

"No...I would have remembered her...The cook staff was all men...Jimmy interviewed them..and I interviewed all of the maids myself." she said.

"Freeze that frame...Let's see when and where she entered." said Duke.

III-

Meanwhile in Sissy's office....I looked as if I might collapse at any minute...

"Wake up Keith.."she said gently..."I know you can't go home without chica...Don't you miss that?" she laughed.

"I do...but you remember...I rarely did back before we got married.."I laughed.

"You got her now and now you want to go home." she laughed..

"Nahhh...I don't want to be in that big house alone..." I laughed...

''Awwwww...you can't go to sleep without her can you?" asked Sissy.

''I must admit...It is difficult."

Just then, Detectives Sirena Pile and Tony Hopkins walked into the office...

''Well ,look who it is...The new kids on the block!" I joked..

"Me and my partner here just closed a big one...We caught the guy who shot and killed that off duty security guard when he was going home from work last week..." said Sirena.

''Yeah..we took him over to Robbery-Homicide...got a confession." said Hop....

"Good Job guys..."said a very proud Sissy..

"What's been going on?" asked Hop....

"Oh they caught a big one...Judge Freeman's son was found dead at the Marriot in that woman's room...He wasn't a registered guest.." said Sissy.

''Ohhh wow...They do have a big one...Do I have to go home alone again?  Ohhh, I can't...Rico brought me here."said Sirena.

"Don't leave him Sirena..." said Sissy.

"I'm not...I was just kidding." she said.

Within an hour...Duke and Jimmy walked into the office...

"We got a hit!!!...We got a woman on video delivering food in the morning at 4:00 am that nobody seems to know...We faxed her photo to the Marriot and they cross checked it and they have no record of her at all..
We have her on video coming into the hotel at six and changing into a Maids uniform at around 8:00 pm..
By 4:00, most of the staff was gone except for two or three people...When the food order was made...She just took the order herself." said Jimmy.

"We also have her dropping something in the waste basket...It looked like a plastic water bottle or something." said Duke..

Carlotta and Tyriq were entering the office just at that moment...

"We've grilled her all night Lou...Frankly,I don't like her for this." said Tyriq...

''Me neither Boss Lady..."said Carlotta.

"I'm getting a detail of uniformed policemen to go back to the Marriot and go through those trash cans and those recyclables and try to locate that water bottle...That's probably what was carrying the cyanide." said Duke.

''Wow, you guys are thoroughbreds.Take some CSI guys with you." said Sissy.

''Since We've got to be here,can we help?"said Sirena.
"Sure...The more the merrier." said Carlotta....who then looked at Sissy and I...


''I've got a real bad feeling right about now." she said.

"What is that babes?" I asked..

"I think that whoever our killer is...They made a mistake...You see...She ordered a snack every night , early in the morning...They didn't know that young Freeman was going to be there...He wasn't a registered guest...
He wasn't the target!!!! Boss Lady...I think SHE was the target!" said Carlotta...

Tyriq, Duke, Jimmy, Sirena, Hop and Sissy all got a very grave look on their faces...So did I... I had that feeling of dread again..like something very bad was about to happen...something like a plauge!

(TO BE CONTINUED...)




3 comments:

George S. said...

I notice that unlike Kevin, These guys use a lot of technology to do their investigations...Which makes these stories a lot more realistic than what you see on Television.

On the other hand...There is not so much sexing in real life either.. But I love these charactors just the same.

Brenda said...

I never thought that Freeman's son was the target...Her husband probably hired somebody to take her out!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Here's a thought! Her husband might have targeted both of them!