Friday, September 20, 2013

What's Fair In Love and Life





I had a Philadelphia Policeman drive me to the Marriott... Now that my business with Soloman Foster and Detective Angie Belton was concluded...I wanted to check in on my troops...

Sissy was the first person I saw upon my arrival..
"Keith...I didn't think you were coming." she said.

"I was just glad my business with Robert was over...He is repping our old friend, Soloman Foster you know...Soloman is in town testifying in an unrelated case and he wanted me to bring Angie to see him." I said.
"Oh my God...You mean she went to see him?" asked Sissy...

"Yeah and she told him one last time that she was not interested in any relationship with him whatsoever....She couldn't have been any blunter and she confirmed to him that she is in fact seeing Jimmy and she's serious about him....You would have been proud of her..She stood her ground." I said.

"How'd he take it?" asked Sissy..

"Not good...He was in tears...I've never seen him like that before...I think she was finally the woman who captured his heart...The one he was willing to change for...Just horrible bad timing is all."I said.

"Wow...that must have been a serious blow to his enormous ego." said Sissy.

"Indeed....So, moving on....Where are we with this case? " I asked...

''We have photos of our suspect... Chica, Tyriq, Duke and Jimmy and 5 plain clothes officers are scouring every floor looking for him...." she said....



"How do you know he's here Sissy?" I asked...

"Today is their last day...They are checking out...If he's going to make a move...It's got to be today......
I've got two guys on the roof across the street with both telescopes and sniper rifles...Sirena , Hop and an additional 8 plain clothes officers are wandering around in the lobby and in the kitchen searching for him...If he's not inside...He's got to be out here on the street...That's why I don't have any marked cars around...I don't want to tip him off.." she said.

"So what do we do now?" I asked..

"We wait" said Sissy...

II-

It was the waiting that was always the roughest...As selfish as this sounded...I wanted to see my wife..and know that she was safe..I had no idea where she was and I didn't want to go inside that hotel and risk blowing her cover...



After what seemed like a mind numbing silence...We saw people running and realized that there was some kind of disturbance going on inside...

Sissy's walkie talkie was buzzing...It was one of the plain clothes officerss..

"What's going on?" asked Sissy...

''Shots have been fired Lieutenant...Detectives Barlow and Rodriguez recognized our subject and ordered him to stop...He's dressed like a cook...He's got a gun...We are evacuating....Detectives Barlow and Rodriguez traded shots with him and he went running...Detectives Duke Baylor, Detective Tyriq Pile and a couple of our guys joined the chase...He's taken hostages..."

"Oh crap, this is what I didn't want..." said Sissy..

"He's demanding Dr. Braden be turned over to him."

"Do you know where she is?" asked Sissy.

"She's with Detective Serena Pile and Hopkins..."


"Hmmm..Sissy ,who is your best shot?" I asked.

"Off hand...Jimmy and your wife....Possibly Sirena...other than them...Me!"she said off hand..

"I'm going in.." I said.

''Keith...Are you crazy...? It's too dangerous!..." she said.

"I have to try this Sissy...I got an idea...Back me up...Come on....If you see an opening..Take the shot...I'm not going to allow another death to occur...We've already lost one too many." I said.


III-

Sissy followed me to the hallway where our Suspect, Ricardo Braga had two maids held hostage...He had a .45 aimed at the head of one...Carlotta and Jimmy had their guns aimed at him...He began backing into a room, using both maids as a human shield...



"You've got one hour to produce that bitch or I'll start killing these two women.." he said.

''Then what will you do? You can't win Braga, give it up! We've got you surrounded." said Jimmy.

Carlotta looked surprised to see me...
"Ricardo...Ricardo...I'm Assistant District Attorney Keith Wallace...We have your wife in custody...It's all over....I know what these people did..I know about your baby...Believe me ,I'm sorry...I have friends in the federal government...I plan to ask them to thoroughly investigate Lock15...I promise...Please...Don't do this...Don't do this..."I said.


"It's not fair...It's not fair what they did...Not just to us...but to several families...She justified what they did...It's not fair.." he shouted...

"I know...I know it's not fair....You  have already killed one innocent man...Killing two more innocent people isn't going to help anything...Please...You need to be with your wife... I don't know how much longer she has to live...Please don't do this..." I said.

By now, Duke, Tyriq, Sirena and Hop had appeared in the hallway with more plain clothes officers...I counted 13 in all..

It was tense...

"You got nowhere to go....Don't do this Ricardo." I said softly...

He dropped his gun and released the maids.... An officer handcuffed him and read him his rights...

Sissy smiled and looked at me...

"Nicely done counselor." she said.

Carlotta put her arms around me...she whispered in my ear..

"Let's see if there is an empty room around here that isn't being used... I want you sooo bad right now.." she said.

"Not as bad as I want you." I said.

We both laughed...

I smiled...Then I walked over to Jimmy...
''Angie left this on your desk...But I thought I'd bring it to you..since I knew I was going to see you."I said.





"Huh? What?" he said.

"She stopped by after you guys left..." I said.




"Thanks ADA Wallace." he said...."I'm kind of scared to open this...Is it a Dear John letter?" he said smiling.

"It's your letter Detective...Open it and find out." I said.

Jimmy opened the letter-

"Dearest Jimmy,I'm writing this to you today because I was kind of too bashful to say this to your face...I hope today finds you well...After much thought, I realize that I do love you....I guess I have for awhile, but haven't realized how to say it...I've played the tough detective so long that I've nearly lost that girlish part of me that would be better off saying things that I feel to the people I care about the most...
Damn it Jimmy...I'm tearing up writing this...In case you missed it in all of this...I do love you...Hope you still love me too..
                                  Angie.


He folded the letter and stuck it in his jacket pocket..


"Everything alright partner?" asked Carlotta.

"Ohhh yeah....Everything is great." he said with a smile that was widening every second..




"Detective Barlow are you blushing?" asked Sissy.

"Who me? Nahhhh..." he said as we all disbanded and headed out of the hotel with our suspect.


EPILOUGE-


Tonia and Ricardo Braga were convicted of Conspiracy to commit murder and one count of first degree murder...

Tonia Braga didn't even live out the six months she told us she had left...She died shortly after her trial came to an end...before she would have been sentenced...

Ricardo,  was convicted of Conspiracy and sentenced to only 5 years with a recomendation of parole in at least two or three years...He had been through enough I decided...

Judge Freeman was at the trial in a nice dark Armani suit and matching tie...Nothing bizzare for a change...He walked over to Sissy..

''Thank you for bringing my boy's killers to justice." he said.

"It's our job judge...We are Murder police." said Sissy.



He then whispered in her ear....

''Where did you buy those pantyhose that you're wearing dear? They are sharp." he asked.

"Lady Chatterlies Lover...panties and bras for the discriminating woman." she said.

"Hmmm, I've heard of that shop....I think I'll head over there and check some things out before they close." he said.

"They're having a sale this weekend." said Sissy.

''Hmmmmm...Good to know... I think I'll pick up a couple of thongs while I'm there." he said and left.

Sissy shook her head....

''Ohhhh brother." she said.

I kept my promise...I went to FBI Special Agent in Charge Frank Cotton and The FBI
immediately began an investigation into the mysterious Lock15 group.


Two weeks later, Detective Angie Belton and Detective James Barlow were seen in the lobby of the courthouse kissing passionately over by the door...Jimmy had been waiting for her after she testified in an unrelated case...

Carlotta and I just happened to be walking ,holding hands in the lobby when we spotted them...Carlotta smiled...They didn't even notice us....

''Awwww..they are soo cute together." she said...I smiled..


Ironically on the same day...Soloman Foster ,in an orange jump suit and handcuffs was being marched through the lobby toward the bus that would transport him back to prison...First he saw Carlotta and I holding hands and he just nodded..

"Congratulations on the wedding you two." he managed to say...I nodded and smiled..Carlotta didn't look his way.

Then he saw Angie and Jimmy kissing by the door...Most people were in a hurry and oblivious to them...but he wasn't..He saw them... He was livid!!!

He stomped his foot and grumbled loudly....Neither of them noticed him at all as he was marched to the bus...I hoped that he would eventually get over Angie and move on...

Carlotta mused... ''Wow...Boss Lady and Angie drive guys crazy without even giving them any..." she laughed.

"You drive me crazy just like that." I said.

"I know...but I already give you some.." she laughed....I laughed too.

"Yes indeed...and it's the best I've ever had." I said.

"You're just saying that because it's true.." she joked....

We both cracked up laughing.



And at home...once again...I was kissing my wife Carlotta passionately...

"Ummmmmmmm....You are such a good kisser papi..." she moaned...

"Oh my God Carlotta, so are you." I moaned as I continued kising her...

I unzippered her skirt....and unhooked her blouse....She kissed my neck, my shoulder, my chest and my lips....I gently slipped her panties down and off...

She unzippered my trousers...

My bulging very erect penis practically jumped out at her!

"Ohhhhhh myyyyyy papi......ohhhhh, my God, I can't believe that I still get you like this..." she said...eyeing it and rubbing it gently with one hand as I eased out of my trousers and slipped off my shirt...Within minutes we were lying on our bed and embraced in a long , tender kiss...

I opened her legs and I entered her very slowly...Surprisingly, she was already wet and I began to maneuver very easily inside of her...

''AYE DIOS MIOS...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." she moaned..

I began to thrust slowly,savoring every minute, every second of the experience...

I stopped to just stare at her and kiss her eyelids...For the second time, tears began to stream from Carlotta's eyes...

"It is sooooooo goood...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." she moaned slowly...and it was...

We continued making love throughout the afternoon...


I allowed my mind to wander during lovemaking to think of Jimmy and Angie...The most unlikely couple in our entire circle of friends had now come full circle....

It was true that some things in life and love were unfair and just as many things  unlikely...Guess that's what made life interesting.



3 comments:

Toni said...

Great Story all around!

Angie B. said...

Love these charactors...Not just the Detectives, but the incidentals like the cross dressing judge...Him asking Sissy about Pantyhose was priceless.

Anonymous said...

Hurling my panties to the ceiling...I loved the ending!