Thursday, September 26, 2013

Shots In The Dark

I sat in Attorney Olivia Bennett's office a few days later...I brought her a tumbler of coffee....I had had this ritual with Lt. Sissy Van Buren in her office and on the rooftop of the CID building many times..and now I was having it with my new friend..

She was surprised when I called her and asked her what type of coffee she wanted...

"You are soo considerate...I've never had anybody buy me coffee before.." she said smiling...

"Well now you do...This is an endorsement for future work." I said smiling...

"So what's up?" she said.

"In the past few days...I've talked to 25 women who knew and had relations with Vinnie Delack...and I have to say that not one of them had anything nice to say about him....except that he was great in bed and uh well proportioned." I said.

She spit her coffee out laughing...I could tell already that I liked her and would like working with her in the future...

"Yes...my little client has told me as much." she said.

"I talked to about 15 or 16 men...some of them the heartbroken boyfriends or significant others of Mr. Delack's lady friends...and it was the same thing...Nothing good to say and every reason to kill him...Only thing...None of them did!! I checked everybody's alibi...and they all checked out...Are you familliar with Detective Tyriq Pile?" I asked.

"Yes..I am...He works with ADA Keith Wallace..A very thorough investigator..." she said.

"Yes...He's a good friend of mine too...He's working this murder investigation....He beat me to practically all of those people....He's good...I went to talk to him also... They found two of Vincent Delack's smartphones, which was where they got the list of girls from." I said.

"Is that where you got your list?" she asked.

"No...I had to do it the hard way...Ask around on the street...Anyway...a guy told me that there was a third phone...a phone the police didn't find...I held that information back from Tyriq...This guy told me where I might find that phone....That phone has some other numbers in it!" I said.

"Oh? Who is this guy?" she asked.

''A reporter....the guy you told me about.." I said.

"Harry Jordan?" she said.

"Yeah." I said.

"What about the panties?" she asked.

"They examined them for DNA....but it didn't turn up anything...Our girl has no record, so her DNA isn't in any data bank...She's home free...and I didn't tell them about her....I'm going home...Get some rest, then I'm going to look for that other phone.." I said.

"Sad thing about Jordan" she said.

"Oh yeah, his wife left him." I said.

"She left him for Delack...Who he was writing about....Then after Delack had had his fill of her and discarded her, she hung herself.." she said.

"What?  His wife and Delack??  He didn't mention that.." I said.

"Oh yeah....Two years ago...Poor guy hasn't been the same since...Now he's just a shell of a man,drinking and playing cards..." she said.

Hmmmmm I thought!!!!....

"Well...I'm going to look up that other lead...that other phone...I'll be in touch." I said.

"Okay...Thanks Kevin." she said.

II-


I went home...I had only seen my wife briefly in the two days I had been either at work or tracking down leads in this case...She and Bonita had been busy showing homes to my friends, Duke Baylor and Hazel Hunter who were getting married soon and Sharon Ferrell and Young Detective Tony Hopkins who were also getting married soon...We had been passing each other a lot....








We had mutually agreed to take this afternoon off for ourselves...

''Ouuuuuu, ohhhh baby, you feel sooooooooooooooooooo good. Slow downn, slow down...mama isn't going anywhere.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhh goddddddd!" moaned Sepia as we made sweet love in our bedroom....




Both of our phones were on vibrate...We didn't want any interruption...

She wrapped her big shapely legs around me and allowed me to seemingly enter her even easier...She was good and wet and soft as ever.....

''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love you sooooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhh!" she screamed as I plunged into her wet,warm and soft spot....

The bed rocked back and forth and slammed against the wall as we went at each other furiously....

I had dreamed of making love to Sepia for about two years before I actually met her...She was just photos on a blog I used to read and comment on...I never imagined that one day I'd actually meet her, marry her and be able to make love to her every day...How blessed was I?

She climaxed powerfully.... It took me awhile to climax, but when I did, it was equally powerful...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I yelled...

"Ohhh myyyyyyyyyyyy." said Sepia just barely catching her breath..

We both lie across the bed looking at each other and smiling faintly....



"WOW!...It gets better every time." laughed Sepia...

"It does...I can't believe it myself.." I laughed...

"I'm glad you're still interested...All the pretty women you're in contact with now of days." she said.

"They can't do for me what you do babes...believe that!" I said trying to catch my breath..."I'm hooked on this" I said squeezing her butt.

"Awwwwwww , you make me feel so secure." she said.

I held her in my arms...

"You don't ever need to feel insecure about me babes...Yeah I deal with some attractive women...but most of all, they are decent women...They know I'm married and they have never crossed that line with me...and I have never crossed that line with them.."I said.

She cuddled up under my arms...

"Feel better?" I asked.

"Yeah" she said and gave me a wet,sloppy kiss....

III-





Hours Later I was at Vincent Delack's studio....It was a storefront just a few blocks from one of Big Chicken's strip joints...Why was I not surprised?... I had learned a few tricks from Lockpick Johnson...This was a pretty simple set up, so I didn't need his special expertise...I disabled the alarm and gained entrance myself...I had a flashlight...
I rooted around in the dark looking for that third phone...

The place was huge..and dark...I should have brought Kool Kat or Clerow or someone with me...but once again..I hadn't...I kept feeling as though I wasn't alone...Turns out,I wasn't..

I went through the one desk drawer there....No phone!!! I heard footsteps and heavy breathing...Whoever it was had been drinking...even from a distance ,I could smell Scotch on their breath....I also heard the familliar click of a gun...a BIG GUN!!..

I ducked as a shot rang out....

There wasn't much room for cover...So I ran...Three more shots rang out...I ducked down..pulled my .38 smokeless out and returned fire.. I fired three shots towards the
sounds of footsteps...

There was a backdoor..I tried it...It opened ,but a second alarm came on!!!...I ran one way..and whoever shot at me ran in the opposite direction!!!

Another narrow escape.

IV-



So once again I was taking coffee to Attorney Olivia Bennett's office...

"No luck in finding that third phone eh?" she asked.

"No...but I think I know who really killed Vincent Delack." I said.

Her beautiful, soulful eyes widened...

"You do?" she said.

"Yes...And I'm going to need your client to help me trap him..."I said.

"This sounds risky..." she said.

"Come on counselor...No Risk ,No Reward..."I said.

She smiled at me devilishly and said-

"And certainly no fun."

I laughed...

"Yes...I liked Attorney Olivia Bennett...I had the same feeling about her I had a few years ago when I met a certain Lieutenant of Homicide named Sissy Van Buren.

(CONCLUSION NEXT)



No comments: