Thursday, September 12, 2013

Trolling For Big Nasty

And so...My story continued where it began...In Josie's Bar. I walked in and sat at the bar... Gus came up to me and offered me my usual...

''Guess you heard eh?" I said.

"Yeah...about "Fish"..yeah...they found him floatin in the river yesterday...Said he was cut up." said Gus.

"His murderer is dead... A guy named Curtis "Kut Kut" Thomas. I had a tumble with him inside of Fish's apartment and Lucky Johnny Butler shot him and killed him..."I said.

"Yeah,I heard that too...The cops got him locked up.." said Gus.

"He was murdered to silence him...and Johnny gettin caught by the cops was just his bad luck....and my keen memory." I said.

Gus gave me the side eye...

"Figured you was all mixed up in this...Didn't do Fish any good." he said.

"No he got himself murdered before he could tell me anything..."I said.

"Philly Butler and three of his goons come in here yesterday lookin for you...From the looks of em ,I guess they found you." said Gus.

"Yeah they found me and I uh delivered a message to them...I guess they didn't understand." I said.

Gus looked at me and laughed.

"You dance with some pretty rough customers...You think they had something to do with Fish's murder?" he asked.

"Oh I know they did...They sent Kut Kut to kill Fish before he found out that Fish had something valuable that could put him and others he does business with behind bars...After Kut Kut killed Fish, They sent Kut Kut to Fish's condo to find it...Only it's not there...Kut Kut and I ran into each other and Lucky Johnny killed him to keep him quiet..." I said.

"Yeah and now Lucky Johnny is in jail." said Gus.

"He aint important...Neither is Philly Butler...They were all hired by a very important man, The man Fish was afraid of...City Council President William Biddle." I said.

Gus's eyes grew huge...

"WHAT?? You know this?" said Gus.

"I know it for a fact..." I said..."I just need to get in touch with his niece to get the missing piece of the puzzle to give what I have more weight." I said.

"Big Nasty" said Gus.

"I knew you knew.."I said.

"I don't know where she is though...She moves around a lot." he said.

"I know...I tried to track her through traditional means..Utility bills, Morgtage,Rent, Phone bills, and everywhere I went was a dead end." I said.

''How did you used to get in contact with her?" he asked.

"I'd call her cell phone number..She's changed phones...This number was disconnected months ago..."I said.

"She's probably using an alias...She probably knows that she's being hunted."said Gus.

"Yeah, probably..."I said.

"What about you? Butler is looking for you too."he said.

"I'm not worried about him...Just do me a favor Gus...Put the word out that Big Nasty needs to get in contact with me... Give her this number...It's a clean cell phone I keep for just these occassions. I've got money for her too..Fish left her 200G's....Tell her to get word to me through somebody we both know and can trust where to meet her..." I said.

"Will do..How about you kid?" he asked.

"Sepia is staying with Robert and Bonita. Me? I'm on the move...It's better if you don't know where I am."I said.

"Okay kid..I'll put the word out..These are some powerful people you're talking about...With a lot to lose..They'll kill to keep what they got...They're worse than gangsters. You be easy." he said.

"Always Gus" I said and left.

II-

Walter "Kool Kat" Jones pulled up in his White Escalade...I got in....

"Thanks Walter." I said.

The big man smiled...

"What's with this Walter business?" he said.

"Nothin...just changin it up...Take me to Fathead's Safe House...but before you do..Stop by this address." I said.

"Okay.That's a few blocks from where you live." he said.

"Yeah...I've been meaning to pay these people a visit sooner." I said.

I stopped by the house...It was just three blocks from my house...I took out a box I had put in Kool Kat's trunk earlier...I walked up to the door and rang the bell.

Carlotta came to the door.

"Hola Kevin..Welcome to our house." she said.

"I've been meaning to visit you both...Shame it's under these circumstances...Is your husband in?" I asked.

"Yes he is...Here he comes." she said.

Her husband and my good friend, ADA Keith Wallace came to the door. I passed him the box...

''Heyy Kev..Is this what you talked about on the phone?" he said.

"Yes...it will blow your mind...Photos, Audio and video tape recordings of The President of City Council and several people, businessmen, lawyers, lobbyist, other politicians making all kinds of illegal deals ,even up to conspiracy to murder..."I said.

His eyes got huge...

"WHAT?"  he said.

"Like I said you won't believe it...My client got killed because he knew about this..''I said.

"I would ask you how you got this, but I feel as though I'd rather not know." he said.

"Better that you don't....Just say that you got this from a confidential informant.....or you can say from the recently deceased William "Fish" Bates..."I said.

He laughed...

"You should have been a lawyer Kevin." he said.

I looked around...

"Keith, Carlotta, your new home is beautiful..After this is over..Sepia and I have to come by and visit with you." I said.

''We hope that you do.. Tyriq and Sirena have been our only visitors so far." said Carlotta.

"Where are you going now Kevin?"asked Keith Wallace.

"I'm laying low for awhile...I've got some dangerous people after me..but once I get the missing piece to the puzzle...The real show stopper...You can put the clamps on Biddle and a whole lot of other people."I said.

"I can protect you Kevin...I can round Butler and his crew up." said ADA Wallace.

"Nah...I can handle them...Trust and believe...It's the big fish you want and I'm going to snag that for you." I said.

"Thanks Kevin...Be easy babe!" he said.

Carlotta kissed my cheek and hugged me..

"Take care of yourself Papi." she said.

''I will" I said and got in the car with Kool Kat.

III-

"Mannn that ADA Keith Wallace is one lucky somebody...His wife, Detective Rodriguez is bangin..I remember her when she was a patrolmen riding around in a squad car." said Kool Kat.

''You do?" I said.

"Oh yeah...Me and her was always cool with each other..even when I was in the game.She's good people. fair, but tough....Fine as hell too." said Kool Kat.

''Yeah, Carlotta is somethin special ..He's a fortunate man to have her.."I said.

"So...Why won't you take me with you when you face off against Butler?" he asked.

"This aint about Butler...Once I meet up with Big Nasty....Butler and his crew won't even matter." I said.

"I heard you really pasted them up at the Oyster House...Everybody is talking about it...Butler and his boys are gonna want to get some get back." said Kool Kat.

"Well..if and when they do..You'll be the first that I call." I laughed.

"Good to know." said Kool Kat as we headed for Fathead's safehouse.

Somewhere out there was Patricia "Big Nasty "Porterhouse....I was charged to find her.Hopefully that would

 be before Phillip Butler and his goons did.



(CONCLUSION NEXT)






2 comments:

Swaggie said...

Man , this is boiling up to what I know is going to be an explosive conclusion...Can't wait to see how this ends...

Tate2 said...

Big Nasty is one of Kevin's original friends...She goes way back...Glad you brought her back...
Can't wait to see her and Kev face off against Butler and his hoods.