Friday, December 6, 2013

Better Luck, Next Crime

I spent the next day getting warrants prepared....The haul from the night before yielded a wealth of DNA and fingerprint evidence... Hazel's brilliant forensic work gave us matches on the fishing rod wire...the bolt cutters ,the gloves and other things linked to both the murders of Freda Harlan and Vick Peters...

We had finally done in Philadelphia , what they had failed to do in Houston, San -Antonio, Dallas, New Orleans and Miami...We had positively tied Claude Hopper to two homicides....We shared our evidence with Detectives in Miami, Houston, San-Antonio, Dallas and New Orleans...Who now had a new interest in Mr. Claude Hopper.. The net was tightening!

He was no longer a person of interest or our chief suspect. I now had warrants out for his arrest on two counts of first degree murder...

Hazel smiled at me as I left the M.E.'s office...

''Can you give me a lift over to C.I.D.?" she asked.

''Sure Hazel." I said as we got in my car...

"I'm bettin you're happy to be closing this case finally aren't you?" she said.

"We've cleared the two murders....This case still has some legs on it." I said.
II-

Sissy received the warrants with glee as I passed them to her in her office...

''Wow ,this clears up our two murders.." she said.

"Problem is...We've got to find him.. I fear that whoever hired him may have killed him....That was a serious blunder, losing that truck and his safe house...and failing to get the M.E. files and hack into our system. That foils their entire plan." I said.

"I can't help but think that Dr. Natalie Tucker is mixed up in all of this..." said Sissy...

'
''I'm preparing a case against her too...It's not a strong one...but I'm preparing to have her picked up on conspiracy charges.. This time she will be charged and she will not be walking away." I said.

''With her money, I'm sure she'll have a high powered lawyer repping her." said Sissy.

"Yeah...No doubt....I still don't have anything linking her directly to Hopper...But we have a direct link to Coley Jr. and a reasonable case for conspiracy." I said.



"Good...Sharon told me that Haywood Coley Jr.is already on the FBI's Most Wanted Fugitives list...So with some luck...we'll snag all of them and have them all in custody soon." she said..

''Yeah...it's getting too close to Christmas." I said.

Sissy and Hazel cracked up laughing...

II-
It was quitting time...Carlotta and I went home...By now, all of the other detectives were at home, relaxing..We had worked hard...Now we needed a little luck to finish this up...

''Ohhh, it feels soo good to relax at home with you....This case has been sooo long, so confusing." said Carlotta..

"I know babes and I feel like we still aren't even close to cracking it yet." I said.

''Enough Shop talk " I said...taking my shirt off and easing out of my trousers....

''MMMM,I'm usually the one that says that." she said and gave me a nice ,wet,sloppy kiss...

Carlotta was already in just a slip....

I pulled her to me gently and kissed her again....She took my hand and led me to the bed...

Once under the covers...I slipped her panties down and eased her slip up ......I entered her soft and moist center slowly...Carlotta wrapped her legs around my waist and I began to move slowly in and out of her...

"Ouuuuuu papi....right theree.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, right there baby." she moaned...

Carlotta trembled as I continued to move in and out of her...I cupped her head and kissed her and she put her arms around me and moved up and down...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AYE MIOS...DIOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" she screamed as I continued to thrust , harder and feverishly more.......

 "I love you so much Carlotta..."I moaned...

"I love you tooo baby.....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..Soooo much...ohhhhhhh my goddddddddddd! sooooo muchhh...ohhh my godddd!" she moaned...

Our love making was slow and poised this afternoon...which is why we both climaxed together so intensely....

She cuddled up under me and I held her gently in my arms.....We both drifted off into a peaceful sleep...A sleep that wouldn't last that long.



III-
The call came a little after one in the morning...I answered the phone...

"Hello ADA Wallace...This is what you might call an anonymous tip...That guy you're looking for...Claude Hopper...He's staying in the Hancock Apartments...Room 1026..." came the husky, breathy female voice...

"Is this a joke? Dr. Tucker...Is that you??" I asked.

''You can't afford to take that chance...You got one hour to get there , if ya miss it...he's gone for good..Who I am or aren't is not your  concern right now" answered the breathy female voice.

"Hey ,who is this?" I asked.

(Click!)

I woke Carlotta up...

"Babes...We gotta go...I got a lead on Claude Hopper...An anonymous tip....They said we only have an hour.." I said..

Carlotta jumped up, put on some black tights, a white blouse...her kevlar vest and her shoulder holster.. She looked sexy in those tights...but I had little time to admire her figure right now..I put on some trousers and a black turtleneck and my shoes...

I grabbed my .38 smokeless...and we hopped in her car....We didn't have time to call back up or any of the other detectives...Carlotta drove like a race car driver ,weaving throughout Philadelphia traffic...

Upon arriving...I found that Sissy, Tyriq and Duke had gotten a simular call..and they had called Jimmy, since he was the primary...as well as Hop and Sirena.
''Jimmy, you Chica ,Me and Tyriq...will take the door, coming from both sides...Duke, you,Hop and Sirena cover us from down here..." she said.



''Got'cha Lou." they said.

''Counselor...Stay with Duke , Sirena and Hop "she said to me..

Sissy was so motherly, Looking out for my safety.


Jimmy and Carlotta went up the front steps and   Sissy and Tyriq went up the back steps...It was eerily quiet...There were no police cars around and strangely no people mulling about...

Carlotta knocked on the door....

"Police!!! Open up!  Claude Hopper, you are under arrest!" she said..

She moved to the side..

Jimmy kicked the door in and he and Tyriq entered, guns drawn...while Carlotta and Sissy entered from the rear....

The room was empty!!!

On the street...Claude Hopper and what looked like a prostitute were walking back towards the apartment...

Duke and I saw him!!....He saw us and turned to run....but it was too late... Two police cars rolled up, blocking his exit and Duke put a football hit on him that knocked him off of his feet.....Sirena stuck her glock in his ear.....Hop handcuffed him and read him his rights!

I looked at the prostitute...

"Tonight is your lucky night darlin...First off...We aren't going to arrest you...and secondly...We just saved your life...This is a serial killer...wanted in several states.." I said.
''Oh My God.."she exclaimed..

"Go Home honey, pick a better class of man next time." I said.

Sirena cracked up laughing....

"I don't believe this...How did you guys find me?" was all Claude Hopper could say...

"It's our job baby...We are murder police." said Duke..

Sissy, Carlotta, Tyriq, Jimmy ,Sirena , Hop and the four policemen busted out laughing...

I signaled the others...  Two of the four policemen at the scene read him his rights again! and marched him to a patrol car....We had caught him at last!

IV-
Claude Hopper looked like he hadn't slept or ate in the last few days....He was handcuffed to the desk in the "fishbowl" and he fell asleep...Duke said that if a suspect fell asleep in the fishbowl...That was a sure sign that he or she was guilty!
Carlotta and Jimmy went in the fishbowl with him....

"You're in a lot of trouble pal....We found a crap load of stuff in your spot the other night...Fishing reel wire that matches the wire in both homicides...DNA, fingerprints, bolt cutters...I could go on...but by the time the jury hears the physical evidence alone...they'll have heard enough." said Jimmy...

Claude Hopper was expressionless...

"Confess to all of the murders papi and I promise you, the state of Pennsylvania and the state of Florida  will take the death penalty off the table.  That's the best we can do for you...Life in prison, no parole.." said Carlotta...I could see that she was exhausted..

Claude looked her up and down and smiled...

"Okay...I confess....I killed Freda Harlan and Vick Peters....I killed two girls down in Miami, Two in New Orleans, Two in Dallas , Two in San Antonio, two in Houston and two nobody even knew about in Corpus Christi Texas...How's that?  Bring me a couple of writing pads...I'll confess to all." he said.

"Did Dr. Natalie Tucker hire you?" asked Jimmy.

He smiled....

"No comment." was all he'd say...

"How do you think we found you Claude?  Somebody tipped us....I'm guessing it was your employer...Dr.Natalie Tucker!!!You were just a pawn..." said Carlotta.
He smiled....

"I'm only confessing to my crimes....No one elses....I know you guys think you have this whole thing figured out.....Well,...you don't!" he said and laughed maniacally at both Carlotta and Jimmy.

Sissy watched from outside the fishbowl with Duke, Tyriq ,Sharon,  Sirena, Hop and I-

''We got enough....We got him and we got cleared cases....I can live with that, Can you guys?" asked Sissy.

We all shook our heads in agreement...Still I wondered what he was talking about when he said..."I know you guys think you have this whole thing figured out.....Well,...you don't!"?
V-

For the next few weeks...Claude Hopper talked long and hard about his murders...In all he confessed to 14 murders...Detectives from New Orleans, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Corpus Christie and Miami flew into Philadelphia and took his statements...Clearing their unsolved cases...

True to Carlotta's word...The states of Pennsylvania, Florida and Louisiana took the death penalty off of the table.. Offering him Life, No Parole..But the state of Texas was another matter...They had made no such arrangement...He had killed 8 of his victims in their state...They had him extradited and tried him for 8 murders...He was convicted and sentenced to die by lethal injection...He now sits on the Texas Death row awaiting execution....Carlotta later told me that she purposefully left the state of Texas out of the conversation when she made the deal with Hopper...She knew that Texas wouldn't make a deal...She was hoping he wouldn't ask about Texas....He didn't.

Claude Hopper has called me several times, collect! wanting to talk about Dr. Natalie Tucker if I can get him off of death row in Texas...Unfortunately for him, there is nothing I can do...Texas is out of my jurisdiction.....Poor Bastard!

EPILOUGE-
Shortly after Claude Hopper was captured, I indicted Dr. Natalie Tucker on Conspiracy charges...We raided her office ,only to find it empty!  No Administrative assistants, No doctors, No computers, no desks, cubicles ,no nothing.. Her entire establishment had been one grand front...She was now missing! We found a handwritten note that read- "Better Luck, Next Crime!" She was taunting us..I wanted so bad to take that smug smirk off of her face....That wouldn't happen today.

The next day,I ran into Detectives Sirena Pile and Tony Hopkins...
''Hey ADA Wallace...Sirena and I  checked her house....Nothing...Completely empty!!!....It was a rental and it was all paid up when she left.." said Hop...

"We traced her rental car....It was returned by her yesterday morning and she left in a cab to the airport...She was alone....Sorry." said Sirena..

"That's okay guys...She'll turn up....Good work." I said.


Like her boyfriend, Haywood Coley Jr.  Dr. Natalie Tucker is now on the FBI's most wanted fugitives list....She'll turn up eventually....

**********************************************************************


 One Saturday morning, some weeks later ,Carlotta and I were lounging around the house when we heard the mail dropping in our door...

Carlotta picked up the usual utility and credit card bills and solicitations...Amongst them was an envelope with no return address, post marked , Miami,Florida...

Inside was a zip drive...

I stuck it in my computer screen and there on the video was Haywood Coley Jr. and Dr. Natalie Tucker..

He had on black boxer shorts ....She was wearing a Black Baby doll with black lace panties...She was sitting on his lap...kissing him on the cheek and smiling...He looked at me and jeered....

''ADA Keith Wallace....First off ,let me say...congratulations on your wedding to Detective Rodriguez...Good choice...Your detectives were pretty good...better than I thought...You fouled up my girl's plan...but that's okay...At least you didn't catch us...We are pretty safe in a place where American Justice can't touch us...But don't get too comfortable...I do plan to pay you back for sending me to prison in the first place...Maybe not now...but I promise you...one day when you least expect it...I'll be backkkkkkkkkk!!!
So ,We leave you with this song by Diana Ross and The Supremes... "Someday, we'll be together......Count on it baby!" he said.

Then they began to passionately kiss and fondle each other and moan while the video faded.....as the song continued to play.....

Carlotta looked at me....

''I have to hand it to them...As demented as they both are...They do have a sort of style" she said and looked at me and laughed..

I smiled...

"I look forward to meeting him again babes...Next time...He's going down! Count on that!" I said.



7 comments:

Toni said...

Incredible....This was kind of like a moral victory...On the one hand..They took a monster off the street..Cleared 14 murders nationwide...But on the other hand, they were totally out played by Dr. Natalie Tucker ,who orchestrated the escape of their old foe, Haywood Coley Jr. Wow! I can't wait for these two to return...

Angie B. said...

As usual ,a great story...I like that they didn't get a slam dunk...That they are going to have to face off against Haywood Coley Jr. and Dr. Tucker again...I hope you don't keep us waiting too long for this...

Sunflower said...

Good story...They got out played by Dr. Tucker...She is proving to be a worthy adversary...And they really have very little physical proof that she was involved in anything untoward...The return of her and Coley Jr. is going to be good.

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Excellent ending...I would have been upset if that had caught all three in the final installment...There just didn't seem to be much time the way the story was going... They got Hopper, who was who they wanted...They just didn't get the one who was pulling the strings..

Anonymous said...

Standing and applauding and throwing my panties...Loved that little bedroom interlude between Keith and Carlotta before the action began...

Cheryl said...

This ending was kind of creepy...But this was a great story!

Brenda said...

That veiled threat seemed kind of creepy...I was hoping that they caught all three of them...but in the context of the story,I could se that that wasn't about to happen. These two are very smart...The guys avoided a near disaster this time..I can only imagine what these two have cooked up next for them.