Friday, December 13, 2013

Dog Day Afternoon....


I ran for all I was worth, down the street and up on the porch of an abandoned house...with the dog hot on my trail...I kicked the door in and ran inside and ran out the back, jumped the fence and dashed down the back street....I looked behind me and damn if this damn dog wasn't on my trail!!!...And he was moving too...

I ran up on another porch and tried to get that door opened , but it wouldn't budge...I took off my suit jacket and rolled it up and just in time..This dog leaped on me and had it's vice like grip on my arm...and wouldn't let go...The suit jacket wasn't going to help me for long...

Just then...A welcome sight greeted me... A 2012 white Escalade drove up!! It came to a screeching halt...


I heard two very loud gunshots!!! The pit bull fell off of me and rolled down the steps...a pool of blood trickled down the sidewalk and into the streets...

Walter "Kool Kat" Jones had been following the signal from my smartphone...he had found me and had shot the dog with his .44 magnum....The killer dog who had chewed up and almost killed Vinnie Scully would kill no more..

"Whewwww...that was a close one man...I sure am glad I thought to call you." I said..looking at my chewed up suit jacket...

"And not a minute too soon...Baby girl can drive...but not faster than me." he said... I looked in the back seat of his ride and Wilona Jergens was in the back seat, tied up and with a hankercheif bounding her mouth...

"I caught her about two miles from here....and I made her tell me where she dropped you off.." said Kool Kat...

I walked over to the car and peered in at her...She was furious and struggling to get free...

"Hi Wilona....Who's the dumbass now?" I said.... ''And speaking of dumbasses...look" I said pointing to Kool Kat...

A shadowy figure was running...I figured , whoever was controlling the dog had to be close enough to blow that whistle...

"Watch baby girl...I'll be right back." I said.

I went running after the shadowy figure...He was moving fast and I was moving fast too.....I had all but ruined this new suit....I chased him into a field and then tackled him...I pulled him up..He swung at me twice and missed and I nailed him with a couple of lefts and rights to his face and a hard shot to his stomach...
He grunted and fell down to the ground...

I grabbed him and pulled him up...It was Tico Vasquez...

He was breathing heavy....I pulled my gun on him and marched him back to the car...Kool Kat slapped his thigh and laughed out loud...

"You got any rope left? Tie this joker up..."I said.

Kool Kat tied and bound him up also...

I grabbed Wilona's pocket book...I took 10G's and stuffed it in my pocket...I gave Kool Kat the other 10G's...He smiled...

"That's why I ride  with you Kev...You know how to put money in a brother's pocket." he said and laughed.

I then looked at her...

"Your boss won't miss it. That's partially to pay for my next suit." I said.

She furiously tried to get loose...Kool Kat fired that big .44 magnum of his up in the air, then stared balefully at them both...

"You see what I did to the dog over there?...Don't think I won't do the same to either of you clowns...Now pipe down." he said.

They both got the message....They were scared as hell of Kool Kat.

I busted up laughing....


II-

In Philadelphia...The DEA and Philadelphia Narcotics Detectives raided all of the warehouses belonging to Carl ''Cookie" Cuttter...They found enough Heroin, Cocaine and Meth to supply the tri-state area...They arrested close to 62 people, many from other drug organizations looking to buy, Some people arrested were warehouse employees..They arrested Pete Moss and his five associates..

In Little Norway...Charles "Bread" Basket and six female associates was arrested by Philadelphia Narcotics Detectives and Philadelphia Vice Detectives...Charged with Conspiracy to transport and supply controlled substances and running a prostitution ring...17 other people were also arrested at the same time....

I turned over Tico and Wilona to Lt. Sissy Van Buren and her detectives...
And they both were charged with attempted murder, kidnapping and conspiracy....


Sissy smiled when she and Carlotta saw me a few days later...

"Kevin...once again...You've outdone yourself... For awhile it had been whispered that Cutter was running drugs ,but we never had probable cause to even look into the charges....You gave us his whole drug operation..." said Sissy.

 "Sharon told me to tell you thank you also...The FBI and The DEA arrested 26 people at that address you gave us in New York City..  Put a major importer out of business." said Carlotta.

"I never could have done it, if it hadn't been for Vinnie Scully....He was the one who first found out about it and pointed me in the right direction...He did great investigative reporting." I said.

''Well ,thanks to you...Cutter's whole drug operation is all but finished..." said Detective Tyriq Pile, who had just walked in with Duke and Hop.


"Hey Kev." they said..

''Hey Guys." I said.

"Nice work on that Cutter case...We should be picking him up soon." said Duke.

''By the way...Where is he? Mr. Cutter"I asked.

"ADA Keith Wallace is preparing an indictment against him...Conspiracy to commit murder...Two counts...Conspiracy to kidnap, two counts and other charges... I just saw him over at the courthouse..Where I was testifying in a case..He told me to tell you that Boss Lady." said  Detective Sirena Pile ,who had also just walked in...

"I need a favor." I said.

"Anything for you Kevin..."  said  Lt. Sissy Van Buren ,smiling...

"I need the services of Detective Angie Belton." I said.

''Angie Belton?? She's Internal Affairs." said Sissy.

"I know...but Carl and I were kind of like romantic rivals for her back in the day...I think it will be real poetic that she be the one to put the bite on him and I want to be there."I said.

Sissy cracked up laughing and hugged me...Detective Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace , who heard the tail end of the conversation just laughed and shook her head.

 "Oh My God...Men and your egos...."she said laughing...."I'm not her Lieutenant, but I'm sure they'll let me borrow her for a few hours." she said still laughing... "Chica...Could you go and get Angie for me?" asked Sissy.

Detective Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace smiled and looked at me

''Should my partner be concerned ?" she joked.

We all laughed....

''I don't think so.."I said.

III-
Carl Cutter  and one of his lieutenants sat in a local bar fuming...

"I can't believe it....I needed that proposal to go in my favor by the Chamber of Commerce and they voted me down...because of all of these arrests...It's that jerk Scully's fault....We shoulda just shot him instead of messing around with some dogs....That bastard just put me out of business...I've lost millions." he scoffed.

"Boss...What about ADA Keith Wallace and his indictments?  And the coming federal indictments??" said his man..

"They won't roll...My attorney is going to offer them all a structured plea... Cat Daddy did the same thing and he beat all of his indictments." he fumed...

"That won't help you Carl...Your people are already rolling on you." came the honey sweet voice of Detective Angela Belton...
He looked up and a great big smile grew on his face...

"Oh My God...Angie...Angie Belton... Damn girl, you still look good.." he said.

"You know I'm a cop Carl." she said.

"You Narcotics?" he asked.

"Nope." she said.

"Homicide..?? Right?"

"I used to be...I'm Internal Affairs now." she said.

"Oh...phew...I thought you were here to bust me...Well, sit down...Let me buy you a drink...I see you're single." he said.

I walked up to him...

"Hi Cookie...How's tricks??" I said.. Vince Scully was with me...

"Hi Cookie, ya bum...." said Vinnie...

"YOU!!!! " he screamed...

Three uniformed officers walked over and handcuffed Carl and his lieutenant...

''HEYYY,what is this??"he yelled...

"I am here to arrest you...I'm on loan to C.I.D.  ADA Keith Wallace sends his regards....This is for all the times you got free feels and fondled me and disrespected me you rat!!!! You didn't think I knew that you told everybody that you'd slept with me and that I was a good lay, when you know you never got anywhere near any of this." said Detective Angie Belton.

''Ang, that was how many years ago? You still mad about that? We were kids?" he said.

"Perhaps, but my reputation suffered....I had all of your clown friends calling me up late at night, pestering me , asking me out, thinking they were going to get some....All because of your lies." she said.

I smiled....I looked at Carl...

"You like my new suit? I bought it with the bribe money you gave your girlfriend Wilona.." I said.

"YOU SON OF A....I'm going to get you...If it's the last thing I do...I'm going to get you!!!...I'm going to have you hit!!...I swear.." he bellowed...

I punched him in his stomach...

He moaned and then dropped to the ground in pain....

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmph..."he moaned.

"Kill that noise...You're done, you cheap punk." I said...

Angie and I high fived each other and she read him his rights...The three policemen ushered him and his lieutenant out to the paddy wagon...

Angie kissed me on the cheek...

"Thanks Kevin, For always having my back...We owed him that." she said and smiled as she walked to her car with her foxy self...

Vinnie Scully gave me an envelope..It had 2G's in it...

"Early Christmas gift Kev...Thanks for taking that rat down..." he said as we stood outside in the late autumn
air...

"It was my pleasure Vinnie."I said. Indeed it was...I was twelve thousand dollars richer...

EPILOUGE-
Pete Moss and Charles "Bread" Basket got 25 years each in the federal penitentary for their part in the drug operation....Most of the people arrested with them got lengthy federal sentences....

Tico Vasquez and Wilona Jergens got 10-25 years for their part in nearly killing Vinnie and me and kidnapping me..

Carl"Cookie "Cutter got 10- 25 years for Conspiracy to commit murder and kidnapping...and an additional 25 years of federal charges for the drug operation... He would be a very old man by the time he got out of prison...

Sepia and I were enjoying a nice meal at a tony bistro near Penns Landing... I was using some of the money I took out of Wilona Jergens Pocketbook..

"Wow Kevin...when you crack a case...You crack a case...This was a big one.."she said laughing...

''Yeah..I ended up getting 12G's out of the whole thing." I said.

"Really?, Vinnie paid you that much?" she said.

"No..he paid me 2G's....The other 10 was kind of uh lying around." I said and gave her the side eye...

"Lying around eh?" she said and smiled...

"Who says that this business doesn't have it's perks?" I said.

"So you got any plans for that money?" she asked...

"I'm going to buy us a new bed...Get rid of that squeaky one..."I said.

"It's not the bed's fault....You just be puttin it down so hard babes.." she said.

"Nah...I'm sure we can find a good sturdy bed that won't make as much noise.."I said.

"I don't think so..."she said..

"Want to bet a little money?" I said.

"Hmmmm....That's a bet, we'll enjoy trying to prove...Both of us..Regardless of the outcome." she said and kissed my forehead...

"Girl, you aint never lied." I said and we both looked at each other and busted out laughing..



3 comments:

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Another Great Kevin Story! You delivered once again!

Swaggie said...

Kool Kat is the truth! Loved that he came to the rescue!

Sunflower said...

Nice ending...Very little mayhem..