Sunday, September 20, 2015

Raincoat Full Of Tears


Beverly continued her story....

"I didn't see or hear from Larry for close to a month...Then all of a sudden...Out of the blue ,he drove up to my apartment in his new car....Or at least that what he told me...It was leased,but I didn't realize that..at the time. He asked me if I wanted to go for a ride...I was just happy to see him..So I said "Sure."

We drove to Ocean City....We had a beautiful dinner there and went to a seaside bar for drinks...
"Larry,I'm so glad you gave me another chance."I said..."I missed you." I said.

"You did?  I heard you went out with that cornball Nelson East..."he said.

"Nelson is my friend...Don't talk that way about him...We went to the movies..That's all..You wouldn't take my calls and it was a movie I wanted to see.."I said.

"You didn't give him no punany?" he asked..

"Larry?? What's wrong with you?? No...I didn't..He's my friend.."I said, not liking where the conversation was going..

"So he went home with blue balls too huh?" he said..

"Okay...if you don't stop this line of talk..You're going to be going home with them too.."I said..

He looked at me and smiled..

"Whaaaaatttttt? You mean there is a chance that I wouldn't be?" he said and leaned over and gave me the softest kiss...The man can kiss,I'll give him that.....

"Let's not fight Larry."I said.

''Who wants to fight? I want to make love."he said.

I smiled...

We were in his car and we were in a dark ,slightly lit parking lot...It was after midnight.


We were kissing like kissing was going out of style and I admit...I was aroused...He unzippered his pants...and took my hands and placed them on his penis....He was rock hard naturally...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuu look at you."I said.

I began stroking him softly and he was loving it...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Beverly, you don't know how long I've waited for this...Yesssssss..............Yessssssssssssssssssss...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."he moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Larry, ouuuu,let's take this to a room...Not out here like this."I said,afraid we'd get caught...

"Shhhhhh,it's okay...ouuuuuuu just keep doin what you're doin...ohhhhh my god it feels so good Bev...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."he moaned...

And we continued kissing and he opened my blouse and unhooked my bra...and..well we were getting really heated ,he was lightly sucking on my breasts and slipping his hands up my skirt,lightly rubbing my legs and trying to slip my panties down...

"Ohhhhh damnnn Beverly...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."he moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuu Larry...ohhhhh my goodness."I cooed..

All that kissing and fondling was a little too much for him though and he exploded...he came like a gusher....I was both surprised and amazed...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" he screamed...I jolted and jumped...He sprayed the front of the car.....

He was breathing heavy....and smiling...

He looked at me..

"I love you!" he said.
I smiled...

"I hope you do...because I love you too..." I said..and we kissed a little longer...

"You sure?" he asked..

"Ohhhh yes.."I moaned...

We straightened up our clothes and I helped him clean up his car and we drove all the way back to Philly just smiling and kissing at every traffic stop.." she said.


"So you did get together?" I asked.
"You two did more than I thought. Shame I don't smoke...I think I need a cigarette." said Olivia..

I cracked up laughing....

Beverly looked a little embarrassed...

"Don't make fun.."she said....

Olivia and I hugged her...

"We aren't laughing at you baby...just the situation."said Olivia soothingly...

"You gotta admit shortcake..This is a little funny."I said continuing to laugh.


Olivia looked at her niece....

"Go on continue...Don't leave us hanging there..." she said.

Beverly smiled..

"He was sooo sweet after that...He drove me home...but he didn't come inside..We just sat in his car kissing...I sat on his lap and we continued kissing and rocking back and forth until I think he either got tired... or he came in his pants again....I don't know....He kissed me and he said...."Damn girl...That was everything I had hoped for."  I laughed and said "Larry ,that was nothing...There is a lot more from where that came from.."  He laughed and said.."I certainly hope so."

I thought all of our problems were solved...I was going to give him some...The time of his life...Next time we were together..."said Beverly...

"Donnie Ray,She called me...It was after midnight...Good Thing Elwood and I had split up and he was gone...She was all giddy and silly...I put on a pot of coffee and we talked for hours...just like we did when she was a teenager and I would come home from school to visit with her and my folks...Everything was Larry..Larry...Larry... I'm so in love with Larry North..We are going to get married.. I was happy for her...and surprised at my collegue..I didn't know Larry had it in him..I was sad there was no man in my life at the time...Elwood and I had just divorced...I was living alone."said Olivia..

"But something happened didn't it?" I said..

"Of course it did...and her name was Annette..Annette Collins" said Olivia..

 Beverly frowned...

"Yeah, her."she said.

II-

Olivia took over the story...

"My niece was so happy the next few weeks, I didn't want to burst her bubble...but a public defender named Annette Collins had just joined our staff....She was very good, very astute and very nice looking..A number of the male attorneys had all put in their bid to go out with her like they always did when someone new and female joined the staff...Celeste Tate and I both had gone through the same thing when we were new...So did Bev,when I first brought her there...Annette was no different...

"I take it she was uh "worldly" for want of a better word." I said.

Both Olivia and Beverly looked at each other and cracked up laughing...

"Auntay your husband is so cute, and sooo country.."laughed Beverly...

"Isn't he though?" laughed Olivia..who leaned over and kissed me softly...

''She was a brilliant attorney...As good as I've ever seen...But she wore her sexuality like a badge of courage...She was slaying the men in the office..and yes Donnie Ray,if that's what you mean by Worldly, She was Worldly....My Grandmother used to used that term"said Olivia looking at me and laughing..

Beverly continued her story...."After that weekend with Larry, I got a beautiful bouquet of assorted roses on my desk...Then nothing else..No phone calls, no texts...Nothing..I dropped by his office and was told he was in court...I'd drop by court and was told that I'd just missed him...When I did talk to him he was short with me or in a hurry...Just that fast he had seemed to have lost interest..
How ironic...I was about him then ,like he is about me now...and I wanted him badly too....I would have given him some in his office or even in the Judges chambers if he had asked me...but I couldn't find him...

"I have a feeling you did find him though didn't you?" I said.

"Yes I did.."said Beverly.

"The first inkling I got that all wasn't right came after a particularly grueling trial in which I went up against ADA Keith Wallace...He beat me in court and I was planning an appeal...It was a rather difficult time for me...My divorce from Elwood had just been finalized...Keith Wallace hadn't met Carlotta yet or at least he wasn't dating her at the time.  He and I used to go out socially from time to time after my divorce...Purely platonic...He took me to the same rooftop bar my niece had been to with Larry North just a month before.."said Olivia.

"This is just to show you there are no hard feelings Liv" he said as we sat down to order our drinks..
I smiled..

"Why should there be on your part? You won today counselor...But you know I'm going to appeal." I said.

"If you didn't...you wouldn't be Olivia Bennett...I think you're the only public defender who I know of that has filed a decent appeal for their client...Except for uh maybe that niece of yours....Beverly West....I've been watching her...She's becoming quite the attorney."he said.

"Yes she is and speaking of her...That's her boyfriend over there in the corner..."I said.
Keith Wallace smiled...
"Oh Really? Larry North....Isn't that the new Public Defender, Annette Collins he's with?" he said.


"Yes it is...."I said.

She and Larry North were splitting a bottle of wine and laughing ,while eyeing each other sheepishly...and smiling..

"Hmm they look very cozy don't they?.."I said.

''Well uh, you know that doesn't mean anything..They uh were working a case together recently...They might just be friends..You know ,enjoying an after case drink...Like me and you are doing Livy....Purely platonic."he said.

"You're such a lawyer Keith...You know Larry North...."
"I do indeed." he said and laughed...

III-

 "There were a lot of people there that night...I'm betting they didn't even see Keith Wallace and I there"said Olivia.
Keith Wallace looked at me and asked-

"You gonna tell your niece?"

"Not yet...Maybe it was innocent...like you said."I said...I wished now I had given her a heads up..."said Olivia..

"I went to Victoria's Secret and got the sexiest bra and panty set I could find...and then I bought some stilletto heels...I put on a White mini rain coat...it came to my hips.. and got in my car and drove to Larry 's Loft..I was going to surprise him.."said Beverly...
"Oh Boy...I think I know how this is going to end."I said.


IV-
 "I remember, It was a Saturday afternoon...It was still light out..around 6:00 pm in the afternoon...I drove up to his Duplex...There was another tenent living there..So the sounds I initially heard when I pulled up didn't bother me as much as they should have...I thought it was the guy who lived above him  until I saw that guy and his girlfriend driving up....Even they heard the racket and were smiling at each other sheepishly..." said Beverly...

The window was open and I could hear a bed squeaking loudly ,slamming against the wall and the moans and sounds of serious lovemaking..

''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..."
"Ohhh baby, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph..."

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Annette...Annette ...ouuuuuuuuuu, more, more... ohhhhhh..."

"Sock it to me Larry...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

"LAWDDD girl, what are you doing to meeeee?"

"What am I doing to you? What are you doing to MEEEEEE?"

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gooooddddddd lawdd it's soooo goood...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I've missed you girl...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sweeeeet jesusssssssssss you are a demon in the bedddddddddd...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."

"Morrre...Morreee....morrre...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Lawrence..ouuuuuu..Lawrence....OHHHHHHH."
she wailed...

"Ohhhh Annette, Annette,ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..I'm losin my minddddddddd!! "

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...I love you soooooooooooooo much...ouuuuuuuuuuuu..LARRRRY!!!"

 ''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..."
"Ohhh baby, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph..."

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Annette...Annette ...ouuuuuuuuuu, more, more... ohhhhhh..."

"Sock it to me Larry...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu baby..OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.."

I could hear them through the door...The bed was slamming against the wall....I don't know why I rang the doorbell...It was obvious he had another woman in there with him...I knew who it was...The flavor of the month, Annette Collins...

"Larry ,somebody is at the door."came Annette's voice...

"HELL, who could it be?" he asked..

He put on his robe and answered the door and there I was in a Rain coat...looking like a fool..


"Beverly!!!! Oh MY GOD!!! Uh What are you doing here?Oh My goodness and look at youu....wowzers! Damnnnn..you look sensational...Lawddd!!" he said..His eyes nearly busting out their sockets as he looked at me..I closed my raincoat up...by now I was crying profusely...

"I was going to surprise you...I was going to give you some...but I guess you're already gettin yours"I said.

He looked at me....and held me in his arms...

"Oh My God...Oh My God!!! ....Don't cry Beverly please...I-I can explain.."was all he could say....

"Guess this is not a good time huh?" I said sarcastically....and pushed him away...

"Bev..Baby,listen...uh I can explain...I-I-I-" he said.

"I understand..You got tired of waiting.." I said.

"No...No..No..It had nothing to do with that." he said..

"Hi Bev..How you doin?"said Annette....

"Hey Girl...I'm doing fine."I said back to Annette...

"Larry...I'm super naked and still horny...Hurry up and finish your conversation and get back in this bed."she said.

He looked like he'd swallowed a can of paint Donnie Ray..

"Bev...I can explain.."he said.

"You need to return to your company."I said and left...

"Look...Call me okay?" he said and closed the door..

I never did.


Olivia and I sat there numb...

"WOW!! " was all we could say....

"And that is the story...That was the end of me and Larry....I didn't take his calls or texts and I wouldn't answer my door when he came by...I saw him at work and kept it moving...He eventually left the Public Defenders Office for private practice and then moved to Texas and started working for the innocence project...I didn't see him for three years until we all went to Texas to take on that Death Row case for him." said Beverly...

"Wowww...I understand so much now...Thanks for filling in the blank spaces.Whatever happened to Annette Collins ?"I asked..

"She dated ADA Keith Wallace for a hot minute...Then she left the Public Defenders Office altogether...She married some big shot lawyer from D.C. and moved there...A little over a year after the events of my story...I was okay,I went on to have several nice healthy relationships afterwords."said Beverly.
"What About Nelson? When you finally started dating him....?" asked Olivia...

"Nelson was no different from any other guy..He wanted sex too..but he didn't try to get me drunk...He was straight forward...And I admit..I gave him a hard time...and I wouldn't have blamed him if he didn't give me the time of day ,but he was so patient...and long suffering...And so appreciative when I finally did give him some...He's never cheated on me...and he is so good to me now....I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend..."said Beverly...

Just then there was a knock on the door...It was Nelson...

"Heyyy Folks...I thought you might be up here Bev..I brought you some coffee and some danish from Cakeman Raven's Bakery...I was there with Paris, Blake and Cole this morning.."he said.

Beverly kissed him passionately....She passed the coffee to Olivia..and the Danish to me..

"I've already had coffee...I just want you." she said seductively...

He smiled sheepishly...


"Gee thanks." ,Olivia and I said as we drank the coffee and shared the danish...

"Come downstairs with me...I'm going to give you something..."she whispered in his ear...

Nelson smiled sheepishly...

"See you guys in a few."he said.

 "It won't be in a few."I said...Nelson laughed slyly.

"Donnie Rayyyy"said Olivia,punching me playfully and laughing...

"What? It won't.." I said and laughed innocently...

EPILOUGE-

The next day I was waiting for Olivia to come out of the nailery and I just happened to run into the girl from the party, Larry North's girl...

She recognized me...

"Donnie Ray?? Donnie Ray Alexander?? You're Olivia's husband right? I'm Sylvia Glenn...I'm an Attorney." she said.

"Yes..I remember you...From the Innocence Project Awards Banquet the other night..You're uh Larry North's girlfriend right?" I said.

She frowned at the mention of his name..

"I work with Larry ,but we aren't dating...Not even casually....He probably would like to be dating me, but I don't see that happening anytime soon."she said.

"Oh uh excuse me...It's really none of my business."I said and smiled uneasily...

"Besides...He's still carrying a torch for some girl named Beverly...He was trying to play me off as his girlfriend at the banquet to make her jealous...As brilliant and talented an attorney as he is, he can be quite juvenile sometimes."she said.

"Yes..He can be."I agreed...

"Anyway...I just wanted to say hi and to tell your beautiful wife...Congratulations on her award, I can't think of a better person to get it...In fact, there is your wife now."she said as Olivia saw us and crossed the street...



"Hi guys."said my wife Olivia...


"Livy this is Sylvia Glenn of the Innocence Project."I said.


"Oh yes..I remember you, Larry North's uh friend..."said Olivia..

She smiled..

"Larry's co-worker...We are not and have never been dating...I was just explaining to your husband that he brought me along as his plus one...To make some girl named Beverly jealous....I never ever saw her there..So I guess his plan didn't work." she said.


"No..I guess not." said Olivia smiling and turning to me, trying to hide her laughter...

"Well congratulations Olivia...I'm leaving tomorrow.."she said.

"Thank You...Where is home Sylvia?" asked Olivia..

"San-Francisco...That's where Larry lives now...but not with me!"She re-iterated..

"We were there last year...Beautiful city." said Olivia.

"You should come back...You'll have a ball." she said.


"We just might....It was nice meeting you Sylvia..." I said.

"Same here..." she said.

"By the way..Where is Larry?" I asked.

"I think he's hanging around for a few days..but I've got to get going.." she said.


And in another part of town...Beverly and Nelson stood outside his apartment complex kissing passionately for a few minutes...

"We need to take this inside Nelson..."said Beverly...

''Yes...We do..Lead the way..."he said.


Beverly took him by the hand and led him inside and closed the door...Unknown to them ,Larry North sat in a rental car across the street watching them and fuming...

"I don't believe a cornball like Nelson East is kissing on Bev and about to lay some pipe down...That should be me...DAMN IT!!! THAT SHOULD BE ME!!" he said and slammed his fist angrily into his steering wheel..

His horn  sounded off  and got louder..He tried feverishly to turn it off, but it wouldn't cut off..He punched the steering wheel and the air bag exploded, knocking him out of the car and on to the pavement...

He sat there and angrily frowned...

"NUTS! Damn rental cars" he said.





8 comments:

James Perkins said...

Cute Little Story..I dug it!

Angie B. said...

I loved this...You've peeled away more layers to the Beverly Onion.

Sunflower said...

Discovering More Layers to the Beverly Onion!

Anonymous said...

Standing and Applauding and throwing my panties!

Lisa said...

Sooooo that's why Bev has given Larry North such a hard time...It all makes sense now.

Vanessa said...

I figured he had a shot and blew it!

Halo said...

Poor Larry...

Toni said...

Nice Story...Answered a lot of questions I had.