Monday, February 8, 2016

Lovely Bones

Philadelphia , 2041

The old pier had been built in 1995...before I was born...It had collapsed in 2015 and had been left like that for years...It was in an area of the pier and waterfront that was only now starting to be rebuilt and refurbished...Nice Bars and eateries were being built in the area and the old collapsed pier was set to be destroyed...

So imagine the shock and horror of the construction crew when they discovered skeletal remains in the back of the old collapsed pier underneath an old tarmac....

It immediately called for me and my partner...who is also my wife...Detective Monica Nellis to come out and investigate...

Me..I'm Detective Nate Nellis...Together we work homicides..
We looked at the skeletal remains...


Monica's twin sister and my sister in law Dr. Monique Talbert looked at the remains.....

"Hmmm, two bullet holes in the skull.." she said..

"How do you know that sis?" asked Monica..

Monique picked up two rusty shells and deposited them into a plastic baggie..

"Because here are the shells.." she said.."Look at the holes in the skulls.." she said...

 "I see...wow...Anything else you can tell us?" I asked..

"Looking at these bones and the condition of these shells...It's an educated guess that these remains have only been here about ten years...That somebody put them here to temporarily hide them and was planning to come back and never did.." she said.

"You can tell all of that from just looking at these bones?" said my wife ,Monica..

"Deductive reasoning...Sis...This place is about to fall down...It's sat here for decades...There was always the chance these bodies would be discovered....They were placed under the tarp haphazardly...I'm certain whoever placed them here was coming back to move them somewhere else.."said Monique...

"And yet they didn't..." said Monica, sticking her tongue out...

I laughed at my wife and my sister in law....I didn't have a sibling ,I'm an only child....I imagined these two bantered like this and teased each other their entire lives....and yet the fierce love they had for each other was always apparent!
II-
 Lt. Cotton arrived on the scene with two uniformed officers...He walked over to Monique to pin a carnation on her dress...

"No need for that...there is no smell in this airy place....and these bones have been here at least ten years..." said Monique...

"Two bullet holes in both skulls...in the heads..."said Monica...

Lt. Cotton looked at what was left of the clothes .....

"This one here...the big one was a snappy dresser..." he said...

"This smaller one looks like it might have been female..."I said.

"I think you're right brother in law...it is a female.." said Monique..

"Talk about a cold case..."said Monica...

"I'll check missing persons here and South Jersey for any reports of a man and woman who went missing in the last ten years..."I said...

Lt. Cotton looked around the room and then he stopped...He was startled...The smile he usually had on his face dropped...He actually looked like he was afraid of something..

It was a Black wooden charm bracelet....

"Oh My God...No!  It can't be." he said...

"Lou...What's up?  You've seen that bracelet before haven't you?? Somebody you know wore this right.?"asked Monica ,who was reading his mind a little too much...

Lt. Cotton was startled...

"How do you know that?  I didn't even know you then.." he said to Monica,looking at her suspiciously...

"I'm just saying Lou...I-I-I don't know...The way you looked at that bracelet...It was as if you'd seen it before.." said Monica, now afraid herself..

I put my arm around her and hugged her...

"Hey, it's alright Mo-Mo...I didn't mean to startle you....I have seen this bracelet before..It was tailor made, there is only one like it...and it belonged to a guy I once knew...A Robert Flynn....A guy who went missing ten years ago...This has to be his and that has to be him!!!" said Lt. Cotton who looked at the skelatal remains..

"This first skelaton looks about his size...He was about six foot, two inches...broad shoulders, athletic build.."he said..

''What about the woman? She look familiar?"asked Monica..

"Hmmmm, she could be anybody...He was a playa...Maybe he had somebody's wife or girlfriend out here gettin a little freaky sneaky and they got caught and they got popped...Like the case you guys had a month ago where the couple was shot to death in the car making out.."he said..

"I'll know more about them when I get them to the medical examiner's office" said Monique..

"Yeah...uh yeah...uh you do that....Uh look...I gotta go.." he said..

"Frankie? Aren't you forgetting something?" asked Monique...

He walked over to her and gave her a long ,sensuous kiss..

"That's more like it." she said...

''Yeah....I'll uh see you later." he said and he left..

 "Something is really bothering him....He knows who one of our John Does is.." said Monica..
''Do you know how he knows him?" I asked.

"No...but it's something he's buried for a long time and it just came rushing at him today."said Monica..

"He's definitely not himself, he usually kisses me longer than that and tries to grope me...Siss, something spooked him real bad...I'm worried."said Monique..

"I know bae...Don't worry...I'm going to find out...You done here?" asked Monica..

"I'm done if you're done.."said Monique..


"Let's get out of here...and try to ID these lovely bones.."I said.

III-

Sometime later...Monica and I found dental records belonging to Robert Flynn and a photo of him..


We gave the dental records and the photo to Monique...It took her two hours to come to a conclusion..

"Frankie was right on the money...This is Robert Flynn...I made a positive identification through the dental records...He had perfect teeth..practically..Just two fillings.."said Monique..

"He vanished about ten years ago....No activity on his bank accounts here or in the Caymen Islands or his credit and debit cards..." I said.

"We found his car , still parked in Long Term parking at the Airport..."said Monica..."Ten years and nobody towed him...They want to tow me for parking in a handicap spot for ten minutes."said Monica..

I smiled at my wife...

"How about the female?" I asked..

"Nothing on her...You may have to dig into his life a little deeper...find out who he was seeing..Any next of kin?" asked Monique..

"His Mother, Father and Brother are all dead....He has a sister...I'm trying to locate her.." said Monica..


''All the residences he lived in are all occupied by others who didn't know him...We ought to hand this to cold case partner.." I said.

"For once I'm inclined to agree with you partner.." said Monica..

"No! I want you two to handle this case...You're my two best...Cold Case will never crack this..."said Lt. Cotton who had just arrived at the morgue..

"You're the boss Lou...but this isn't going to be easy...It's ten years old....People, witnesses are dead,have faulty memories and we have no forensic evidence whatsoever...but ,you want us to hunt...we hunt." I said..

"Thank You Nate, come here Mo-Mo.." he said and motioned to my wife...

''Yes Lou.."she said..

"You know you're my favorite...I've practically raised you from a pup.....This case means something to me personally as you'll find out...If I didn't think you and Nate could handle this...I'd get somebody else...but you two are the best...my absolute best.....I know you can crack this if anybody can..." he said and hugged her gently and kissed her forehead..

He pulled Monique to him and kissed her in the lips so long and so passionately that both Monica and I blushed and quietly slipped out of the morgue...

"Sugar Baby,I'll explain to you when I can...This has nothing to do with how I feel about you now.." he said and allowed his hand to run up her dress and linger on her rear end and to run up and down her legs...

"Ouuuuuuu.." she moaned...I suppose he's okay...He's still nasty, she mused and smiled as he kissed her a little longer...

"I'll talk to you later." he said and left...

IV-
Later on that afternoon at home...Monica lie across the bed ......she was wearing only a night shirt and panties and looking scrumptious..

I smiled at her...


"Thinkin bout this case bae?" I said..

She rolled over...

"I am...but I know you're not...well not completely...." she laughed..

"It takes some adjusting living with you and your ability to read thoughts...I'm often caught off guard." I said..

"Oh hush up and get your clothes off....and get in this bed.." she laughed...

I wasted no time at all, lying next to her....

She smiled...We kissed passionately for a few minutes....

"Nate honey...where do we begin on a case like this?" she asked...and gave me a soft sensuous kiss that seemed to linger,long after we both came up for air..

"Ummmmmmmm,We find his sister...his only living next of kin.."I said and kissed her softly...

"And that might lead us nowhere..." she said as I rolled on top of her and began kissing her softly...

"It's a start" I said..

"Ummmm...yeah..but not a healthy start...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned...

"Well speaking of healthy starts...we are getting a real healthy start here..."I said in between more kisses...

"Ouuuuu yessss... No more shop talk..." she moaned....

I slipped her panties down and off and she lifted her legs up...I slowly entered her.....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man ,this feels so good.."I said...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Nate....yessss...Yes it does...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" she said..

"OH MY GOODNESS.." she said....and smiled at me sheepishly....

I thrusted my tongue practically down her throat and while squeezing one breast with my hand...She softly stroked my engorged penis...I shivered...I was nearly losing my mind....We stared deeply into each others eyes for a minute and then began to softly and slowly kiss.....I lifted her up and slowly entered her more than moist center....I had never felt anything as soft and as good in my entire life...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" she screamed as I continued to thrust , harder and feverishly more.....

I laid her across her bed ,and a few minutes later I entered her softly and gently and began to stroke her softly and slowly....She moaned and put her arms around my neck and drew me closer to her..I kissed her neck, between her breasts, her cheeks....She continued to kiss my lips and my ears and my chest...

"Ohhh My God...Nate...I can't believe how good this still feels!Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu." she moaned..as we got into a nice groove...

"Me neither!" I said.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Nate..." she screamed as I continued to thrust , harder and feverishly more.....

 "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...MONICA...OH MY GOD!" I yelled.

"Ouuu,I like the way you say my name out like that.." she cooed..

Five hours came and went as Monica and I made sweet and passionate love right there in that wonderful room on that soft bed....The bed wasn't squeaking, but the headboard was definitely slamming up against the wall...

 "Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Nate...I Love you sooo much...I never loved nobody as much as I love you...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."she moaned...

"Me neither girl....Oh my goodness..I love you soo much tooo.".I moaned as she continued to move up and down...

Soon...Monica was moaning louder....then she broke into the sweetest smile I had ever seen...She was shaking..tears and sweat were running down her face....She was climaxing....And before I knew it ,I was cumming so hard that I almost panicked..It was soo sudden, So out of control....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."I moaned...

Monica held me tight and kissed me slowly, which made me explode a little bit more...

"I love you so much Mo-Mo-"I said..

"Ummmmm ohhh Nate...Nate...I love you too." she whispered...


But while Monica and I were in  post coital bliss, after making sweet love..Lt. Cotton, usually a happy go lucky guy stood grimly in the morgue....

Monique was long gone....He stood and stared at the bones on the tray...
"So Robert...we meet again huh?  This is what happened to you...Your womanizing finally caught up to you..I wonder is that her with you?  They say that she died of a brain tumor, shortly after you went missing....but I've never believed it...It's been ten years Robert....I'm going to find out what happened to you...I've got fresh eyes on this case...In death you will not cheat me of closure." he said.


(DEFINITELY TO BE CONTINUED!!!)


6 comments:

Toni said...

This story sounds pretty creepy!

Angie B. said...

A very creepy story...I love it...

Sunflower said...

I don't know why, but this story made the hairs on my neck rise.

Halo said...

I co-sign on that Sunflower..It made the hairs on my neck rise too

Vanessa said...

I love stories like this...Age old mysteries!

Lisa said...

I like em too! And the romantic past of Lt. Cotton makes it even more intruiging..