Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Who Would Kill An Angel?

I sat in Josies the next day talking to Gus, the owner and head bartender....

"I hear you been askin people about that shooting of Kid Galivant last week..." he said...He scratched his head and just laughed...

''Why didn't you join the police force after you come home from the service..? You'd of made detective by now...and then this would make sense.." he laughed...

"Look at me Gus...I make three detective's yearly salary with just my business alone...and as a Private Investigator..I make more on one case sometimes than the average detective makes in two or three months..."I said...

I was only half way serious...I had great respect for the job my friends on the Police force did...but I liked making good money and not having to play detective every day of my life...Only ocassionally..And living and operating by my own rules...

I think Gus understood...

"When you put it that way kid...Dollars and cents...I can certainly understand that...What did you find out ?"he asked.


"That this was the most well liked man that ever got hit in the history of Philadelphia..I must have talked to 50 or 60 people...Men and women and not one person had a bad thing to say about him..Not one...I got stories about how he lent somebody money when they were down on their luck, how he paid somebody's electric bill, how he kept somebody from being evicted...How he bought a round of drinks for everybody when he won a big fight...and on and on..Everybody loved this guy!"I said...


"Somebody didn't....They damn near took his head off with a shotgun blast....And it was a professional job...Can't trace shotgun pellets or match it to a gun."said Kool Kat who had just joined us..

"Heyyy Walter, what you drinkin?" asked Gus...

"Tonight Gus...Whiskey Sour baby...on the rocks."said Walter "Kool Kat" Jones..who tossed a few dollars on the bar stand...

"That's for whatever Kevin is drinkin too." he added...

"Gee Thanks Big man." I said..

"No problem Kev."said Kool Kat...



"You knew him Kool Kat...Kid Galivant...What kind of guy was he?" I asked..

"Beautiful cat man, Beautiful cat...I met him after one of his early fights...He bought me a couple of drinks and we talked about boxing and boxers and women all night long...We were good friends...Man I'm just sick about this..I'm not even a bettin man, but I put big money on him every time he was in town and had a big fight...I'm a wealthy man several times over because of him...."said Kool Kat..

"See what I mean Gus?" I said...

"Maybe he over extended himself...Got in too deep with a juice man..." said Gus..


"No...I checked his financials...The man was not like most boxers...Credit cards had moderate,very conservative balances...Bank was full of money and he had sound investments...I talked to his accountant...The man was the best client he ever had...Very astute about his money... He wasn't in debt..and he didn't fool with any of the local juice men..." I said..

"A woman maybe?" asked Kool Kat...

"He has a fiance and I understand she is about six months pregnant...I  talked to her...but outside of her...I don't know of any other women in his life...or at least I never heard of any...She was at work when he got hit..."I said.

"The man was an Angel....Who would kill an angel? I remember he came in here one night with that kid..That kid that fought on his undercard...Billy...Billy Baldwin...Reed Nelson and 88 and Bone Hampton was pitchin a bitch that night..playin their keisters off..." said Gus..




"He was so impressed with their show...He tipped each of them very healthy after their set....Never seen a guy quite like him." said Gus..
"I remember that night...You was away Kev...I think you and Sepia were in Vegas...Great night...Great Night."said Kool Kat.
"Like you said....Who would kill an angel?" I said..

And yet somebody did...Despite the universal love I heard from damn near everybody...Somebody had killed him and somebody had sent a goon named Burt Cooney to shut me up for asking around about it..

"Go talk to Billy Baldwin, Kevin...tomorrow....And then go see his sleazy old manager...Snuffy Gibson...Why he allowed that old devil to manage him I don't know... They were the closest to him." said Gus...

"Good Idea.I will."I said.

II-

 I stopped by the basement headquarters of Morris Investigations... Lockpick Johnson and Peeping Tom were the only ones there...

"You guys living here?" I asked jokingly...

"I sent the other guys home..."said Peeping Tom...

By other guys he meant, the ex-KGB agent and the four ex-CIA agents who were now working for me...Clerow,Owen Todd and Sean Jackson were home with their wives...

I gave Peeping Tom a phone number...It was Brian "Kid Gallivant" Gallion's cell phone number..

"Run it...Tell me the last few calls he made during the last 48 hours of his life."I asked..

There was a time when I had to go to my friend Robert Foxworth, the attorney and he had to call his friend at telephone security to do such a job...Now I had the equipment and the personell to do it myself..

"Okay Kev...He made several calls to his fiance...and three calls to Billy Baldwin...the guy that fought on his undercard...and three to uh a towing company and one to his BMW dealership.."said Tom...

"Yeah..He drove an off gray BMW ,with his name engraved on the side...But that's not what he was driving when he was killed.."I said.

"He was driving Baldwin's car...a 2007 Nissan Z with the top down.." said Lockpick Johnson...

"Yeah...I read that in the paper...Hmmm." I said.

"What? You got something?" asked Peeping Tom...

"Uhh nah...Just another question to ask..."I said.

"Lockpick, shut everything down...Let's get out of here.."said Peeping Tom...

The three of us left together...

The night was beautiful in it's silence....

Who would kill an angel? I thought as I headed home...


III-
 
I unzippered Sepia's dress....I got home a little after midnight...I was glad she had waited up for me..I didn't feel like ending the night by myself..

I marveled at her black striped push up bra...

"Ummm,is this new..?" I asked..

''Noooo.I got this from Victoria's Secret about a year ago...You just missed it..Rare for you huh?" she laughed..

"Yes.." I said kissing the back of her neck and eventually turning her towards me and kissing the tips of her breasts, her neck, her cheeks, her eyelids and those sweet juicy lips of hers...

I took her bra off and slipped her matching panties down and eventually off...We were both moaning by then....



"Ohhhh Sepia...."I moaned....I couldn't believe how good she felt....

Sepia smiled and looked at my large and erect penis and just shook her head...

"My lord Kevin,ouuuuuu." was all she would say...

We passionately embraced in the middle of the bedroom floor....

  "Ohhhh god ,Kevin." she said breathing heavily......

"Ohhhh Sepia, babyyy...." I moaned as she softly stroked my now massive erection with her soft hands......It was driving me crazy....

"Oh my god, you just seem to get bigger each time" she said jokingly...

"It just seems that way babes.?" I said laughing...

"You are sooo bad..."she whispered in between slow, sensuous kisses...

She backed me over to the bed and we both fell on the bed, kissing and fondling each other...


I rolled over on top of her...I softly parted her legs and entered her as slow as he could...

She moaned softly as the massive bed began to squeak and slam against the wall...

''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...""Ohhh baby, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph..."

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Sepia...Sepia......ouuuuuuuuuu, more, more... ohhhhhh..."I yelled...

Our  lovemaking ,  was slow and gentle.....I was taking my time...moving slow and yet very intense...She was experiencing an orgasm so intense.....that she began to actually cry and hold on to me tight....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GODDD KEVIN....I LOVE YOU!" she heard herself saying...I stopped momentarily and then began to slowly make love to her again...kissing her cheek, her eyelids...

"I love you too Sepia...you know that!!" he said...



"I know it lover."she said,looking at me so trustingly...

It was never short between us...We made slow,sweet tender love for three hours or more..

She wrapped her legs around my waist and I kissed her and continued to stroke her like that for another hour and a half and came almost as hard as I was...She climaxed again herself....

She lie next to me, continuing to rub my penis....and smiling at me....

"My goodness....I don't know how you can still be hard after all of that.." she said ,still continuing to stroke me..

  I rolled over on top of her...I entered her slowly...She began to shake with anticipation as I began to stroke her...

"Ohhhhhh Kevin...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby...It's sooo good..Sooo good..ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."she cooed.

She moaned softly as the massive bed began to squeak and slam against the wall...
''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...""Ohhh baby, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph..."

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Sepia...Sepia......ouuuuuuuuuu, more, more... ohhhhhh..."I moaned..

"Sock it to me Kevin...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...sock it to meeee..."she moaned.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gooooddddddd lawdd it's soooo goood...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sweeeeet jesusssssssssss."I cried  "Morrre...Morreee....morrre...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

"Kevin..ouuuuuu..Kevin....OHHHHHHH."she screamed....

Ohhhh Sepia, this is sooo damn goooood,ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..I'm losin my minddddddddd!! "

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...I needed this soooooooooooooo mucccchhhhhh! " she moaned...
We made sweet yet intense love for three more hours...with no sign of stopping...The bed squeaked something crazy....

  Sepia began shaking something crazy and tears began running out of her eyes and down her face...She was climaxing something fierce....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...KEVIN!!!" she moaned and took a deep breath...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.." I yelled as I came harder than I'd ever come before... "Lawddddddddddddddddddd" I yelled as I collapsed on top of her...

Sepia  was trying to catch her breath...

"Whoooooo....oh my god...that was...that was amazing..."she said...and nuzzled her head up under me..

As we lay in the bed ,close to drifting off to sleep...I noticed there was a full moon on the horizan...I thought again about what Gus and Kool Kat had said earlier..

Who would kill an Angel?  I was determined to find out..

IV-
While Sepia and I were close to going to sleep, wrapped in post coital bliss.....Bridget Jones was out at Aqua Bar having an after hours drink or two....It was close to closing time and only a few patrons were in the bar..

"Drinking alone tonight?" came the voice of Minay, who was the Assistant manager at Victoria's Secret..

"Couldn't sleep..So I stopped here for a few to take the edge off...I need to cool it..I've got a distance to drive....So glad I'm moving out this way soon."laughed Bridget.
"You don't mind having a drink with the competition do you?" she said with a smile..

"Hey girl, of course not and excuse me for not saying it earlier...but congratulations on your engagement!"said Bridget...

"Oh Thank you.." said Minay... "Aren't you dating the attorney, Hoagie?" asked Minay...

"Yes...He's prepping for a trial, so I didn't stay over tonight...He comes in your store doesn't he?" laughed Bridget...

"Well if he buys from you...it would be too obvious wouldn't it?" laughed Minay....

Bridget laughed....

"Yes, I suppose it would be...MEN!" laughed Bridget...

"I know my fiance buys from you from time to time..." laughed Minay....
"He does....He's always asked me to keep it a secret....He knows I know you and that we have talked before.."laughed Bridget....

"We are going to be neighbors soon....Not just in the shopping center....but the neighborhood...Ms. Sepia and Ms. Bonita have shown me a house,just a few blocks from where you are buying...Ralphie and I are in negotiations to purchase it..."said Minay...

"Ouu that's nice...Maybe you and Cherry and I can hang out sometimes..."said Bridget...

"That would be cool..."said Minay...

As they were talking...Two tough looking guys...A Tall man and a short man sat on both sides of them...These two had been in both of Bridget's stores today....She had just happened to have visited both...Neither man had purchased anything...and now here they were again in Aqua Bar...

The short man spoke..

"We'd like to speak Ms. Jones in private a minute...Do you mind excusing yourself honey?" he said to Minay...

"I'm not your honey."said Minay...

"SO EXCUSE YOURSELF ANYWAY!" barked  the taller man...

Minay wasn't intimidated by them ,but Bridget didn't want any trouble..

Bridget knew enough to know that these were gangsters...and she didn't want Minay hurt....

"It's okay Minay...Let me uh talk to these guys...It won't take long." she said...

"You sure love?" said Minay.....She was no dummy...She knew these guys were gangsters too.!

"Yes...I'll be...I'll be alright..." she said..

Minay got up and took her drink and moved to the other side of the bar...

The two men smiled and looked at Bridget....

The short man spoke first...

"Bridget....I hear you are opening two new stores in uh Chris and Chess's new shopping center..." he said.

''Why ,you want to buy some panties? You got a new girlfriend or something?" said Bridget sarcastically..

The Short man laughed..

"Maybe some other time....You uh got some nosy Private eye askin questions about the recent death of Kid Galivan...don't you?" he asked..

"Do I?" asked Bridget...

"Don't get smart."said the Taller man...

Bridget looked at him....

"How many times a day do you get smacked?" she said defiantly...Clearly ,she didn't like him at all..

The short man smiled...

"Relax....Relax Bridget...You got a nice house Bridget and a two nice stores...It would be a shame you know if your stores suddenly caught on fire or you know,if your house exploded...These acts of uh ruh nature occur from time to time...you know what I'm sayin? Especially when people uh nose around in things that they shouldn't ought to...You see where I'm goin with this?" he said.

"Subtlety isn't your strongest suit is it?" she asked..

"What do you mean by that?" asked the taller man...

Bridget dismissed him....

"Over your head obviously.."she said.

The smaller man smiled...he shook his head and almost laughed...

"To answer your question Bridget...No it aint.." he said.

"So you're threatening me?" asked Bridget...

"Am I? I'm just sayin..." said the short man...

"I'll put it to you more bluntly Bridget"said the tall man....Call Kevin Morris and tell him his services will no longer be needed...Pay him whatever you was gonna pay him and live your life,open your new stores and what not and go about your business...because I would hate to see you take a loss...FEEL ME?" he said.

Bridget said nothing...She was so angry, she was nearly in tears....

The short man went to comfort her..She angrilly slapped his hands away...

He smiled..

"Don't cry pretty girl..Don't cry....but do think about what we were sayin." he said.

"Yeah...think about it."said the taller man..

They both got up and started to walk out....The tall man said-

"I might be by for some panties.... and a bra or two...I just met a girl lately." he said and they both laughed and left...

Minay walked over to Bridget...who was shaking and clearly upset...

"You alright love? Who were those men?" she asked..

"Some assholes.."said Bridget angrilly....

"No doubt." said Minay.

(TO BE CONTINUED)


13 comments:

Swaggie said...

For years Sissy always said she wished she had some detectives as good as Kevin....Well now she does...Carlotta,Duke,Tyriq,Jimmy,Sirena,Hop and Angie..and while they crack cases...Kevin still seems to do in a few days what it takes them some time to do..

George S. said...

Sissy's talent is she knows how to make useful alliances...Her friendships with Kevin and Sharon and Carol Redding as well as her core detectives who are unfailingly loyal to her is why She is so successful.

Brenda said...

While I agree with the last two posts...I wonder what they have to do with the present storyline...To date, Kevin hasn't found out anything useful...He probably knows as much as the cops know at this point..and obviously too much for somebody!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Somebody definitely doesn't want Kevin or Bridget to ask any questions about this..He has definitely stirred something up...

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES TO THE CEILING!

James Perkins said...

Oh lawd! I knew it was coming! LMAO!

Toni said...

Oh wow! First Kevin has a run in with the goon in the first installment and now these two guys are leaning on Bridget...Just what was this guy into that somebody wants shut down?

Angie B. said...

Somebody is afraid of Kevin asking questions and obviously more afraid of his questioning than the cops!

Sunflower said...

People tend to talk to Kevin that won't talk to the cops and it's known that Kevin is tight with the cops...This is why whoever wants Kevin to cease and desist.

Vanessa said...

First Kevin has a run in with the hood in the first installment and now these two guys are leaning on Bridget...Kevin has definitely stirred up a hornets nest.

Halo said...

It's getting Real right about now!

Lisa said...

When Bridget tells Kevin...He's not going to take this lying down..I know.

Cheryl said...

I was so glad those guys didn't hurt Bridget and Minay...I thought they were...Wait until Kevin finds out!