Thursday, February 18, 2016

With Fresh Eyes

Carlotta sat on my lap at home, talking on the phone in Spanish to her sister Carmen first and then to her friend, Eva Corona..


I had been married to her long enough now that I understood some Spanish...Enough to get the gist of what most of the conversation was about...Girl talk mostly...

It was nice that she had a friend here in Philly that was like her, A Latina... Most of her friends tended to be African-American...

Her body was warm and it felt good nestled on my lap.....I put my arms around her waist and hugged her while she was talking...She smiled....and every once in awhile when there was a break in conversation...She would stop and kiss me...

The murder of Evan Tolson, Celebrity Event Planner had gone cold...Within the next few weeks...Carlotta ,Tyriq and Jimmy closed three other murder cases...


They really were a well oiled machine and worked well together....


Likewise...Sirena and Hop, who we were calling the "Dynamic Duo" also closed three murder cases...


Duke and Angie closed two murder cases themselves.....

While Sharon took two more trips out of the city to talk to Gangster Curly Nelson in the continuing Brooklyn Decker case....

It was business as usual...but at least we all got to go home at the end of the day...
Sissy was happy, yet she still got calls from the Commissioner about progress on the Evan Tolson case...He had been a friend...

Truth be told....All we had was the killer's DNA, found at the scene...
We knew he'd been shot with a .40 caliber, but the killer had obviously kept the gun...

A block by block search of sewers and dumpsters turned up nothing... and all of our suspects, The wife and husband, the jilted ex fiance and the fiance in waiting who inherited the entire company had rock solid alibis....

Carlotta finally finished talking on the phone and turned around facing me...

"Sorrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...was I neglecting you papi?" she said in her sexiest voice..
"I'm finee....Hey about the Evan Tolson case...I know it's been cold...but it's time to go back to it.."I said.

"Papi...We are back on it..We've never left it..We just got side tracked with other cases....We'll look at it with fresh eyes since we've been away from it for a few weeks...I'm certain something is close to popping." she said..

"Something's about to POP right here..." I joked...smiling snidely...

Carlotta felt my erection underneath her...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu , yesss...something is popping....You are so horny and nasty papi..."

''What's nasty about the way I feel about you?" I said and kissed her passionately....

She returned my passionate kiss and said softly...

"It's not nasty....it's good....I love you too.." she said...

I lifted her up and laid her across the bed...I slowly slid her panties down and hiked her neglige up...

She wrapped her legs around my waist and I slowly entered her...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu papi...you feel soo good.." she moaned...

"Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .."was all I could manage to get out as I entered Carlotta...She was warm and moist and smelled so good...Her skin was as soft as a baby's and her kisses were as soft as butter...

I was losing my mind for the next five and a half hours as we made sweet love in our bedroom...

"Ouuuuu papi.."she moaned as I came hard and deep...exploding into a crescendo of pleasure...She was cumming herself...Smiling serenely and laughing and crying at the same time...

I stared into her eyes....

"I love you mami.."I said..

"Ouuuu, you're speaking Spanish now...I like it...I like it!!!" she said laughing...

II-

 "Anything new on this Tolsen case?" asked Sissy the next morning at our daily briefing in the conference room...

"I'm looking at his finances...He did a lot of work with this guy, Rodrigo Valez...then all of a sudden ,it stopped...He started using someone else...."said Jimmy..

"I talked to him..he worked for Evan off and on...He also worked for the competition...Janice Austin..."said Angie...

"I remember you said that he said that Angie...but I did some checking...He did one job for her and wasn't called back." said Tyriq...

"From what I found out,looking into his business...He's close to being bankrupt...It's been six months since he catered for Evan and after the last job for Janice...He hasn't worked for her either...He's had jobs....but small ones...Those two were his big money..."said Carlotta..

"Here's where it gets cute...He and Janice Austin made several calls ,I mean a slew of calls to each other in the days leading up to Evan's murder...


"Yeah and a couple of witnesses at Aqua Bar said that the two of them had a loud argument just two days before in which he accused her of allowing Evan to influence her decision to go with another caterer for the Mayor's ball.."said Hop...

"Seems like Ms. Austin and Mr. Valez deserve another interview..."said Sissy...

"I'll take him...I seemed to have built up a repour with him...Carlotta...if you're not busy, you should come with...He makes the most delicious entree's and serves good drinks too."said Angie.

 "Ouuu...I'd love it..."said Carlotta...

"I'll take Janice Austin...I interviewed her before.."said Sirena..

"Come on Hop...Me and you are going back to that condo and check out that camera room...I've got a hunch..."said Duke..

"Cool."said Hop...

Tyriq looked at Jimmy...

"We get to stay home today Junior...Check out that cam footage...maybe something will pop."he said.


"I'm ordering breakfast...What are you gettin Rico?" asked Jimmy....

Sissy sighed....

"If we close this case...my docket is clean and I can relax...Take some time off , be with my man.." she said.

"Yeah..I know what you mean...We'd like to go to Puerto Rico for a few days...but then there is still the Decker case.."I said.

"Yeah...I need to call Carol, see where she is on that...From what I hear, she's got a better witness and co-operator than Sharon has..."said Sissy...
"Sharon is due back tonight...Maybe she'll have some good news."I said.

III-

At Aqua Bar, Detective Sirena Pile and Janice Austin shared drinks and small talk...

"My detective...you look different when you're not working" said Janice Austin.

"Who says I'm not working? That's the cool thing about being a detective...You can wear your regular clothes...you don't have to look like you're about to invade Poland." said Sirena...

Janice laughed so hard, tears were coming from her eyes...

"I like you girl..I mean Sirena...After you catch whoever killed Evan ,Maybe we can be friends..." she said.

"That's cool...you seem like good people.."said Sirena..

"I see you're married...you got kids?" she asked..

"Three...all boys...One set of twins, they're two and the other is almost one..."said Sirena..

"Your man a cop too?" she asked.

"He is...He's a detective in my unit...We met while tracking the same guy...He took one look at my boobies and it was love at first sight..."she joked..

They both laughed again....

"I know that's right ....Sooooooooooooooooooooo, why are you here tonight detective?" asked Janice..

"Rodrigo Valez....He told one of my fellow detectives that he did a lot of work for both you and Evan.."said Sirena..

''He catered one affair for me...That's it..The man is talented..and fine as hell..." said Janice..

"But?" asked Sirena..

"He has a bit of a temper...and is very nasty and condescending when he doesn't get his way...I mean you should hear the way he talks to his own employees...He catered my affair and he embarrassed me the way he dressed down the young ladies and the gentleman working for him...Then he tore into my employees...It was so bad that four of his employees quit that night...I never called him back for another job....and I complained bitterly to Evan about him."she said.

"So you still talked to Evan?" said Sirena..

"I have a confession to make ...I wasn't completely honest with you....I uh occassionally still slept with Evan....After being in that crazy marital situation he was in, he wanted out...and on the nights when Carl had Ellie...He'd call me sometimes...A Booty call I know...But I missed him...I'd go over to his condo or let him come over to my place and I'd give him a little..We didn't work together anymore..We were competitors ,but we didn't hate each other...."said Janice..

"You do know that he was uh involved with uh.."said Sirena..

"Anika? Yeah..She came later...


Evan asked me to marry him....I told him no....I wasn't going down that road again with him..I'd sleep with him every now and then,but I didn't want to be married to him..We'd been through too much."said Janice...

''We know you and Rodrigo Valez had a flurry of calls in the days leading up to Evan's murder, what were they about?" asked Sirena..


"I got the contract to do the Mayor's Ball....and Rodrigo wanted in.....I told him no...that I had acquired the services of Ralph Scallion and his daughter Roquel....He hit the ceiling..He kept calling me begging me to reconsider...and I told him I was good...Then the calls got angry, nasty...He accused me of being Evan's whore and his puppet and said that he knew that Evan was closing him out because of his history with Anika...I told him I didn't know anything about that and that I wasn't even sleeping with Evan anymore...He called me a lying whore....I was done with him then I told him never to call me again..Of course he did...but I wouldn't take his calls..."said Janice...

"Wait!! Rodrigo was involved with Anika??" asked Sirena...


Janice laughed...

"They dated briefly...but she said that he scared her...Rodrigo was bananas over her....and knowing that she was with Evan just infuriated him...He felt that that was why he suddenly couldn't get any good jobs with Evan....and he was convinced that Evan told me to freeze him out too.."said Janice...

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww suki suki noww."laughed Sirena."

IV-
Carlotta looked around Rodrigo Valez's apartment and was just in awe...

"Oh my god,it's beautiful." she gushed...

He gushed too upon seeing her...

"Ay yi yi..." he exclaimed...Then he peered at Angie...

"I can't take all this beauty in one room at one time."he said with a smile...


"Rodrigo, this is my friend, Detective Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace..." she said..

He eyed Carlotta up and down and said in Spanish to her... "God you're hot....I'd love a threesome with the two of you...See if you can talk your friend into it.."

Carlotta answered him back in Spanish..

"Don't be fresh....I'm a happily married woman and so is she."

 Angie had no idea what the two of them had just said...

Carlotta smiled...

"It's okay Angie..He had a little misunderstanding about the nature of our visit...I straightened it out." she said.

He was cooking...He gave them both a ladle...

"Try this soup..."he said.

"Aye Mios Dios...This is amazing."said Carlotta..

"Oh My God....This is sooo good..Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."said Angie..

He sat down...He had gotten a massive erection between staring at Carlotta and hearing Angie moan while tasting this soup..He imagined that that was what she sounded like when she was having an orgasm and he got hornier!

Carlotta's black dress hugged her every curve and Angie's white dress did the same...All he could think about was being sandwiched in between them both, making sweet love....

"So Rodrigo...When we last talked , you told me that you did business with both Evan and Janice...but you only did one job for her..."said Angie..

"Yes..Yes...with a promise to do future business..."he said...

"Do you have any wine?" asked Carlotta..

He smiled..

"Yes..Yes...Rocco..Rocco...bring the lady a glass of wine..." he said.

Rocco was his assistant...He hadn't been present before...He appeared to be very nervous...

"You called her 27 times in the three days leading up to Evan's murder..."said Angie..

Now he was getting slightly irritated....

"You counted the calls I was making?" he asked incredulously...

"We have to look at every single thing that doesn't look ordinary...It's been three weeks and we haven't solved his murder..Any man calls me 27 times...I have to think there is something to that."said Angie with a smile..

"WELL IT WASN'T..IT WAS BUSINESS...JUST BUSINESS...GOTDAMN IT...EVEN IN DEATH,EVAN IS A PAIN IN MY ASS.." he snapped violently at Angie...

Rocco asked Carlotta..

"We have White wine or Red wine...which would you prefer?"he asked..

Carlotta smiled ,but before she could answer...

"ROCCO!!! ROCCO...THE WHITE WINE IS FOR THE LADIES! YOU KNOW THAT!!! YOU IDIOT!!" he yelled and threw his phone at the man who dropped one of the bottles ,which broke...`

Rocco ran for all he was worth...

"YOU'RE FIRED!!! GET THE HELL OUT!!!" yelled Rodrigo who pulled a .40 caliber and fired several times!

Angie and Carlotta pulled their glocks....


"Drop that weapon!!! DO it now!!" they both said..

He was breathing heavily now and sweating....

"I'm going to have to ask you both to leave..." he said,lowering the gun, but not surrendering it...

Both Angie and Carlotta left...but they both looked at each other strangely....



V-
 Duke and Hop's investigation of the camera room turned up something interesting..Interesting enough for them to call Hazel and a CSI team and Sissy,Rico,Jimmy and I...

"I figured you guys might want to get out of the office for a minute..."said Duke...as the car drove up with Sissy,myself,Tyriq and Jimmy...

"To tell you the truth...I was tired of pushing paper...."said Sissy...


"We found a box of tools hidden in the back room that don't belong to the maintenance people..."said Hop..

"Tools left that could disable a monitor!" said Duke...

"My people are dusting for prints....We've found several...and we found a latent print on the camera, which we missed..."said Hazel..


"We had some good luck today too." said Jimmy....He looked at Hop..."For one thing...Your wife is back and she wants to see you.." he said.

"We found a person on those cameras thanks to Sharon...

A caterer who did work with Evan Tolsen...It's weak..but he's the only associate who we have in these condos during our murder timetable. The FBI has great toys...I'm halfway envious.."said Tyriq.

''We got him in his car leaving the joint ..Caught him on the traffic cam."said Jimmy..

"His name is Rodrigo Valez....The guy Angie talked to a few weeks ago..."I said..
"This is great...It's not much...but this is closer than we've been..."said Sissy...
For the first time I felt good about this case...That we might have a breakthrough....There was something to looking at something old with fresh eyes after all.


(CONCLUSION NEXT)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY DAMN PANTIES AND BRA TO THE CEILING!